Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 20, 2021 13:27

Still remember where I was when I read that article on a Friday evening after picking up RS at my favorite press booth on the Champs-Elysées not very far from the Virgin Megastore.

Some people hear premises of "Highwire" in "Danger Up Ahead"...it's not very obvious but there is a bit there I guess. Maybe we'll get more clues if "Steel Wheels" outtakes surface on the expected future installments of FFSO !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 20, 2021 13:32

gotdablouse
Maybe we'll get more clues if "Steel Wheels" outtakes surface on the expected future installments of FFSO !

I have no insider info (apart from the "further volumes of the FFSO volumes are to be expected" rumour) but imo it's safe to assume most of the tracks that are reported as "unverified" on Nico's site might become a tangible listenable reality this year.

Date: March 20, 2021 22:34

Hopefully! I don't remember when we first heard about all these unreleased SW songs, in Karnbach's book in 97? I've got the feeling it might have been before but I'm not sure where...I don't think ME's 1990 book referenced them, maybe "For your Precious Love" ?

I remember that in the DH's Weissbuch that I spent hours reading at HMV on Oxford Street in London in early 92 there was a mention of "Ready Yourself", "Giving it Up" and maybe "For Your Precious Love"...that we got in 2006 on the CM tape, an interesting coincidence ;-) He mentioned "Gangster's Moll" too and that one's never seen the light of day so far...unless there was some confusion with the Jagger solo version with Beck on it that surfaced in 2011 with "Danger Up Ahead".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-21 16:19 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 21, 2021 03:48

When I read Bill Wyman's book, the big Stones book, he mentioned something along the line of that they used 250 reels of tape (or some number like that, it was specific) during the DIRTY WORK sessions. Perhaps there are A LOT of quasi-finished songs from those 1985 sessions.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: March 21, 2021 03:49

awesome

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 21, 2021 23:01

I know there were some links to detailed info/descriptions of the tracks on this fabulous set, but I cain't find 'em..

Could you do me a solid and post some of them?

Thank you

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 22, 2021 00:25

peoplewitheyes

I know there were some links to detailed info/descriptions of the tracks on this fabulous set, but I cain't find 'em..

They're here - [iorr.org] - (Hot-Stuff-section).

Date: March 22, 2021 15:47

There is ton a great material on there but one song I'm really digging is this particular version of "Eliza", that guitar (Keith ?) that starts the song is really great. It's a bit like the one on "Can't Cut the Mustard"...that turned into "Had it With You"...which probably caused "Eliza" to be canned even though they had revived it at the beginning of the sessions (actually what's to say this version is not from 1985, would have to go back to the "1982" versions). Great piano Boogie by Stu too, Stones meet Jerry. Would have been nice to have both, it's not like DW was rich with ideas...with the hideous BTZ, the throwaway HB or the meandering TR. Missed opportunities !

--------------

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2021 19:45

the meandering TR ......

YEAH that's me ...cant help it ....hhhhhaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 22, 2021 20:20

This entire release is fantastic. Have listened to it more than any Stones release since Undercover. DEEP LOVE would be a hit single

Date: March 22, 2021 22:52

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 23, 2021 03:06

Looks a great review. Thanks for posting

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 23, 2021 04:31

Can’t believe this review dissed Dream About. That may be the best track in the set!

Date: March 23, 2021 09:00

peoplewitheyes
XXX]This is an interesting analysis too[/url]

Not interesting at all, in fact it's a shameless word for word copy from collectorsreview [www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]
BEFORE it was corrected for errors that were pointed out here and acknowledged by the author in this very thread!

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-23 09:02 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 23, 2021 12:13

Rockman
the meandering TR ......

YEAH that's me ...cant help it ....hhhhhaaaaaaaa

grinning smiley

Date: March 23, 2021 12:51

gotdablouse
peoplewitheyes
XXX]This is an interesting analysis too[/url]

Not interesting at all, in fact it's a shameless word for word copy from collectorsreview [www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]
BEFORE it was corrected for errors

PWe you'll never find a better, more accurate review of this boot than what you'll read here... winking smiley

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 23, 2021 16:14

Agree - Dream About one of my favorites too! Great vibe.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 23, 2021 20:35

So the next question is when are the next two sets coming out??? I am ready for more!!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 23, 2021 20:41

donvis
So the next question is when are the next two sets coming out??? I am ready for more!!!!

If they are anything like this one... holy crap.

Date: March 23, 2021 22:42

I saw somewhere a breakdown that showed which of the FFSO tracks ..

- had never been released on bootleg at all
- were different versions of known tracks
- were previously known on other bootlegs

but, like so much late night browsing, I can't find it again....

Any ideas?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:00

peoplewitheyes

I saw somewhere a breakdown that showed which of the FFSO tracks ..

It was posted by Martin Elliott (Stones Sessions) on Twitter/Facebook:

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-23 23:05 by Irix.

Date: March 23, 2021 23:23

Wouldn't Ivy League also be 'new vocals on old track'?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:27

Thanks Martin .... handy ta
have it all laid out on the table .............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 24, 2021 07:25

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
After numerous spins I must say this is a fascinating leak. And the songs are actually growing on me - even the "three chord wonders".

About Nobody's Perfect, after listening closely I have to agree that everything on this track is from 1985. And it's a band effort, with all members on it, including Charlie.

However, Mick's MXR Phaser rhythm guitar (right channel) took me right back to 1977-1979 and fooled me a bit. Ronnie and Keith's sound are also cleaner than on other 1985 tracks.

The musical effort, though - especially from Mick (vocals) - sounded at first like something he would have done round Alfie. It's very different from what he did on the DW-sessions - that we know from the bootlegs anyway.

However, what gives him away is some of the ad lib-phrasing ("Ain't that right, baby" and others) which is spot on similar to what he did on She's The Boss and Dirty Work. And he doesn't sound the same today (2000s) if he tries it.

Jagger has that barking quality to his voice, something he did in 1984/1985.

Mathijs

Another giveaway is this thing he does during the verses of Nobody's Perfect that he did in the mid 80's where he "staggers" the lines, so he's singing in 3/4 time over the 4/4 beat. On One Hit to the Body he does it on the line "did me some permanent harm" and on Ruthless people when he sings "It might take the rest of your life".

My hunch is this is something he picked up from Daryl Hall, with whom he co-wrote the song Ruthless People. Hall certainly didn't invent it, but you hear it on a lot of his songs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 07:46 by ryanpow.

Date: March 24, 2021 08:14

Thanks Irix

Date: March 24, 2021 09:50

That table needs updating, "Ivy League" of course, "Dog Shit" is also a new vocal as well as "Still In Love" or even "Deep Love", etc...

--------------

Date: March 24, 2021 11:03

ryanpow

Another giveaway is this thing he does during the verses of Nobody's Perfect that he did in the mid 80's where he "staggers" the lines, so he's singing in 3/4 time over the 4/4 beat. On One Hit to the Body he does it on the line "did me some permanent harm" and on Ruthless people when he sings "It might take the rest of your life".

The big question is how Mick could talk Keith (and to a lesser extend Ron) to record this piece of crap. Maybe it was the result of some in-band diplomatic game. Like :
Keith : "hey Ron if we record this turd for Mick maybe he'll mellow a bit and accept to go on tour behind DW? Yeah I know the tune is worse than Duran Duran, but hey plug your nose!".

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 24, 2021 15:44

dcba
ryanpow

The big question is how Mick could talk Keith (and to a lesser extend Ron) to record this piece of crap. Maybe it was the result of some in-band diplomatic game. Like :
Keith : "hey Ron if we record this turd for Mick maybe he'll mellow a bit and accept to go on tour behind DW? Yeah I know the tune is worse than Duran Duran, but hey plug your nose!".

Maybe they are all in this together afterall?

But surely keith would never do this...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 24, 2021 16:32

Eleanor Rigby
dcba
ryanpow

Maybe they are all in this together afterall?

But surely keith would never do this...

It's actually not a bad song, IMO.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 24, 2021 18:51

I like it, too, ryanpow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home