Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 18, 2021 00:41

OK just got mine and the verdicts in: best since the 10 cd's of Voodoo stuff (as far as studio boots). If the Art Collins set weren't so no-noised I'd go with that over the Voodoo sets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 00:56 by shadooby.

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: March 18, 2021 01:28

donvis
Do you suppose Keith leaked this stuff? He did say there was new music on the horizon!

Yes. Who else takes on Brenda like this?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 18, 2021 03:34

This will surely be deleted from YouTube ...

Fully Finished Studio Outtakes
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2021 04:08

schillid
This will surely be deleted from YouTube ...

Fully Finished Studio Outtakes
[www.youtube.com]

I thought so too, but it's been up for a week now...
Maybe best not to bring attention to it, and jinx it.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 18, 2021 07:36

Donnebr
Rockman
Just bite da bullet and
shell out for a boot copy ...

I think that’s the way to go for me. If anyone on here is selling the cds could you shoot me an email at onecelt70@yahoo.com
Thanks

you can buy them on ebay from at least two different sellers, see the posts a few pages back.

plexi

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 18, 2021 13:05

Am I the only one who is hearing an embryo of Infamy in the verses of Low Down?

C

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 18, 2021 13:21

Dreams To Remember clip removed from youtube. I tried to send it to me mum but it is gone. Official release soon.....?smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2021 13:23

Not really, do you have a specific time code ?

I do hear an early "Low Down" in "20 Nil" though !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 18, 2021 13:58

gotdablouse
Not really, do you have a specific time code ?

I do hear an early "Low Down" in "20 Nil" though !

From the very first verse!

All of it, but most evidently when he sings "baby don't take to long, huuu don't take to long"

The melody is almost the same

C

Posted by: stonemexico ()
Date: March 18, 2021 21:16

BEST SONGS FOR ME
1.- Nobody´s Perfect
2.- Trouble´s A Coming
3.- Dreams to Remember
4.- Dont´Lie to Me
5.- Deep Love
6.- She´s Doing her Thing
7.- Putty in your Hands
8.- Scarlet
9.- It´s a Lie
10.- I cant see no one else
11.- Guilt that Way
12.- Keep it Cool
13.- Cant Find Love
14.- You win Again
15.- Every Time I break her Heart
16.- Desperate Man
17.- Criss Cross

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 18, 2021 23:18

Is there an up to date track listing with what we now believe to be the proper recording dates?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2021 23:36

Silver Dagger

Is there an up to date track listing with what we now believe to be the proper recording dates?

Yes, here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 19, 2021 00:17

Covered with bruises I enjoyed a lot, Mick and Ronnie produced a fantastic vocal duet, a little crazy, but very nice.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 19, 2021 02:58

They sound so good! Is there a way to download the audio file from Youtube?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2021 11:15

2014Slayer

Is there a way to download the audio file from Youtube?

Why downloading from YouTube? FLAC from CD-Rip: [iorr.org] , also on [www.Guitars101.com] .

Date: March 19, 2021 11:53

After numerous spins I must say this is a fascinating leak. And the songs are actually growing on me - even the "three chord wonders".

About Nobody's Perfect, after listening closely I have to agree that everything on this track is from 1985. And it's a band effort, with all members on it, including Charlie.

However, Mick's MXR Phaser rhythm guitar (right channel) took me right back to 1977-1979 and fooled me a bit. Ronnie and Keith's sound are also cleaner than on other 1985 tracks.

The musical effort, though - especially from Mick (vocals) - sounded at first like something he would have done round Alfie. It's very different from what he did on the DW-sessions - that we know from the bootlegs anyway.

However, what gives him away is some of the ad lib-phrasing ("Ain't that right, baby" and others) which is spot on similar to what he did on She's The Boss and Dirty Work. And he doesn't sound the same today (2000s) if he tries it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-19 11:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 19, 2021 14:30

DandelionPowderman
After numerous spins I must say this is a fascinating leak. And the songs are actually growing on me - even the "three chord wonders".

About Nobody's Perfect, after listening closely I have to agree that everything on this track is from 1985. And it's a band effort, with all members on it, including Charlie.

However, Mick's MXR Phaser rhythm guitar (right channel) took me right back to 1977-1979 and fooled me a bit. Ronnie and Keith's sound are also cleaner than on other 1985 tracks.

The musical effort, though - especially from Mick (vocals) - sounded at first like something he would have done round Alfie. It's very different from what he did on the DW-sessions - that we know from the bootlegs anyway.

However, what gives him away is some of the ad lib-phrasing ("Ain't that right, baby" and others) which is spot on similar to what he did on She's The Boss and Dirty Work. And he doesn't sound the same today (2000s) if he tries it.

Hi DP!!
Imo this song comes directly from Mick's solo sessions: She's the Boss or Primitive Cool.
The voice and sound doesn't seems the same of DW sessions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-19 14:31 by KRiffhard.

Date: March 19, 2021 14:36

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!
Imo this song comes directly from Mick's solo sessions: She's the Boss or Primitive Cool.

The only problem is that Keith, Ronnie, Bill and Charlie didn't participate in Mick's solo sessions smiling smiley

Date: March 19, 2021 14:40

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!

The only problem is that Keith, Ronnie, Bill and Charlie didn't participate in Mick's solo sessions smiling smiley

It could be a song like Highwire...which comes from Primitive Cool sessions.

Date: March 19, 2021 14:47

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!

The song could indeed stem from Mick's sessions, but it's the Stones playing on it.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 19, 2021 15:02

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!

Actually, Ron and Charlie did. They did sessions with Jagger with his solo material in the mid and late 1980's.

Mathijs

Date: March 19, 2021 15:14

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!

Actually, Ron and Charlie did. They did sessions with Jagger with his solo material in the mid and late 1980's.

Mathijs

I know. But as far as I know the four others never did that together smiling smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 19, 2021 16:50

DandelionPowderman

Exactly...which is what i said earlier RE the ad-libing...which is She's The Boss thru and thru..

Date: March 19, 2021 17:18

Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman

Exactly...which is what i said earlier RE the ad-libing...which is She's The Boss thru and thru..

Indeed you did smileys with beer

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 19, 2021 17:22

DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman

Indeed you did smileys with beer

Mind you, you were talking me out of it with the Alfie call ! Hopefully we can put this one to bed!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 20, 2021 04:55

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!

Whoa. I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable fan, and I didn't know "Highwire" came from the Primitive Cool sessions.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 20, 2021 05:00

DandelionPowderman

I've come around to the mid-80's idea too, DP. Like you said, it really did sound like Licks (or Alfie-ish) since it does sound cleaner than other '85 tracks. But those ad-libs....yeah.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 20, 2021 10:17

floodonthepage
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!

Whoa. I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable fan, and I didn't know "Highwire" came from the Primitive Cool sessions.

Me the same. But I doubt it, as the lyrics seem to have gulf war references which been in 1991.
Maybe Mick came with an embryonic idea from 1987...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 20, 2021 12:17

DandelionPowderman

Jagger has that barking quality to his voice, something he did in 1984/1985.

Mathijs

Date: March 20, 2021 12:23

deardoctor
floodonthepage
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Hi DP!!

Me the same. But I doubt it, as the lyrics seem to have gulf war references which been in 1991.
Maybe Mick came with an embryonic idea from 1987...

[iorr.org]

From RollingStone magazine, March 1991:

According to Jagger, the music for “High Wire” dates back to pre-Steel Wheels days: “It was one of those things that I played for people, but no one seemed to pick up on it.” The tune got a new lease on life when the Stones decided to record a brand-new studio track for the live album. “I didn’t know if it was going to come off,” Jagger admitted, “whether it was anything that anyone would want to hear. But it really just sounds like the Rolling Stones.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-20 12:30 by KRiffhard.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home