Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 10, 2021 18:39

crawdaddy
I managed to get the songs on my phone after putting them on the Collect app.

I also got it on my laptop as well,and had to look for it after download and found it O.K.

Will get some blank CD's and put them on there for me and a couple of friends.
Looking forward to hearing all those 50 tracks.

smileys with beer

I did the same thing!!

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 10, 2021 18:39

Curtis Meets Smokey is even in the key of G, the prefered key of both Mayfield and Robinson! grinning smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 10, 2021 18:51

appears to be a new version on Mayflower claiming to be the real item vs cdr or dvdr cheap imitations (sellers words).

mayflower release

jb

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2021 19:08

Well yes some people are going to be trying to sell CDRs but that can't be a comment directed at the CC "Japanese Fan Club" release because they are NOT CDRs of course as seen in the pictures that have been shared and having received my copy today from the eBay seller (a lot earlier than announced) I can VERIFY that they are indeed silvers ;-) In any case silvers are nice(r) to have but the sound is not going to be any different than on a quality CDR that's been burnt properly.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: March 10, 2021 19:14

bv
IORR 101:

IORR.org is based on four parts:

Tell Me : This forum - general Stones talks
Hot Stuff : Collector's trading forum
All Sold Out : Ticket trading forum
Editorial : All other contents on IORR

All of this is easily found from links on the home page of iorr.

When I designed the home page of IORR more than twenty years ago, the goal was to have all links on the home page named by Stones songs. May be that is confusing to new visitors, but still, if you are a new visitor, I would advice to spend ten minutes visiting most of the links on the iorr.org home page. enjoy!

Bjornulf, do you have any intel as to the origin or source of these recordings? I can't believe this was an sanctioned release. I would imagine that some higher-ups in the Stones Organization are quite furious to see this collection released...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 10, 2021 19:23

plusplusjames

I can't believe this was an sanctioned release. I would imagine that some higher-ups in the Stones Organization are quite furious to see this collection released...

As my Tiktok daughter replies every 10 minutes to me: 'No shit, Sherlock!'.

Mathijs

Re: Fully Finished out takes from Stones themselves ?
Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: March 10, 2021 19:29

slewan
jahisnotdead
I sure hope this isn't the result of a hack. I was just thinking about that. I would hate it if it was taking stuff the Stones planned to release, and really would be bummed if any of this spoils the new album. Too bad they live on Mount Olympus, and it's impossible to ask them directly without a complicated fire dance ceremony.

what also could this be but the result of a hack? Who on earth does have access to outtakes covering their entire career in perfect sound quality?

I am almost finished with my first pass on these tracks. One thing that jumps out to me is the number of Keith versions of various songs, like the Flip The Switch. Or the much more adventurous version of Might As Well Get Juiced. Who in the band do you think distilled them into the bland versions appearing on the official releases?

The answer to slewan's question "Who on earth does have access to outtakes covering their entire career in perfect sound quality?" should be obvious.

It has to be a band member.

Is anyone in the band frustrated with the lack of touring or lack of new material?

This has Keith's fingerprints all over it. I hope I am wrong. Because if I'm right, Jagger is gonna be really pissed off. That will not help promote a tour this year or completion of the new album.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 19:31 by plusplusjames.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: March 10, 2021 19:39

Chacho...

they say "vbr 162"- ID3Tag 2.3 - Lame 3.99- from iTunes info window on my MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.2.3 iTunes

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 19:46 by chevysales.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 10, 2021 19:47

[www.ebay.com]

Available again-

Date: March 10, 2021 20:05

the tag line for that Mayflower release and their cautionary words:

We will prosecute to the fullest extent possible anyone who bootlegs our bootlegs. Thank You.

jb

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 10, 2021 20:09

marko
[www.ebay.com]

Available again-

Vinyl would be fine winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 10, 2021 20:20

jahisnotdead
It certainly is a magnificent collection of music. Multiple listens over the past few days have been very rewarding. There's so much of it, too. I'm grateful for the quality of the sound and the quality of the music as well as the sheer quantity of it all. It's truly been a gift.

The unfinished nature of many of the songs are endearing in a way. There are definitely a few that I think could have been released as they are, and many more with just a few touch-ups or re-recorded vocals. For me, the truly unlistenable tracks are few and far between, and the many good and great tracks really hit the spot for ears hungry for new Rolling Stones music.

It feels like it's been so long since I've heard so many Stones songs that I hadn't heard before, and it's such a pleasure to find so much of it enjoyable. Even if I'm mad that the Stones haven't been officially releasing this stuff, I'm so glad that they've been making it.

Yes - shame they hadn't release some of this stuff prior, but if they had we wouldn't have the joy of discovering this treasure chest filed with mostly good stuff today.
So maybe we can thank them for being stubborn greedy holdouts that give the impression of being lazy, when in actuality over the years they've been quite prolific and very picky.
Would have been nice to give credit and thank the Stones themselves for this new batch of tunes, but instead looks like it's the leakers that deserve the thanks whoever that may be.
To think it was Mick and/or the Stones who secretly released these defies logic when there was so much money involved for the band - they just don't seem that charitable.

Date: March 10, 2021 20:21

bv
IORR 101:

IORR.org is based on four parts:

Tell Me : This forum - general Stones talks
Hot Stuff : Collector's trading forum
All Sold Out : Ticket trading forum
Editorial : All other contents on IORR

All of this is easily found from links on the home page of iorr.

When I designed the home page of IORR more than twenty years ago, the goal was to have all links on the home page named by Stones songs. May be that is confusing to new visitors, but still, if you are a new visitor, I would advice to spend ten minutes visiting most of the links on the iorr.org home page. enjoy!

I have to tell you this is all news to me, the part about the home page. Never even knew it existed, all i had seen was the Forum list where it doesn't call the section Hot Stuff, it calls it buy sell trade or something similar. Have to explore those other sections now that it has been brought to my attention but I take it the active forums are this one and the buy sell trade one.

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 10, 2021 20:31

plusplusjames

The answer to slewan's question "Who on earth does have access to outtakes covering their entire career in perfect sound quality?" should be obvious.

Is anyone in the band frustrated with the lack of touring or lack of new material?

This has Keith's fingerprints all over it. I hope I am wrong. Because if I'm right, Jagger is gonna be really pissed off. That will not help promote a tour this year or completion of the new album.

If so, it could have been an innocent mistake - Keith might have accidentally hit the share button when trying to figure out how to use his new cell phone.winking smiley
And if that was the case, surely Mick will forgive him and they can carry on with plans for the band? A new tour? The new album? Yes, no, maybe? Hope so...

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: March 10, 2021 20:40

Does anyone have a view on how/if this affects ABKCO?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2021 21:08

....might shake 'em up a bit ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 10, 2021 21:25

Hairball
plusplusjames

If so, it could have been an innocent mistake - Keith might have accidentally hit the share button when trying to figure out how to use his new cell phone.winking smiley
And if that was the case, surely Mick will forgive him and they can carry on with plans for the band? A new tour? The new album? Yes, no, maybe? Hope so...

Keith leaking his own material?
Come on, this is pure speculation and not very nice. There are so many people working with them and so many possibilities. These are not the times anymore where you had to steal tape rolls laboriously and dangerously. It´s just copy per bluetooth from someone´s mobile or cloud.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 10, 2021 21:57

Cooking Up!

Who hears a hint of Luxury (esp. in the outro), in this awesome shuffle-rocker?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 10, 2021 22:16

plusplusjames

I can't believe this was an sanctioned release. I would imagine that some higher-ups in the Stones Organization are quite furious to see this collection released...

Well I put the Japanese wordings that adorn the bootleg through Google translation and the result was :
"Chuck Leavell hopes you'll all enjoy this one! Keith & Mick didn't want these tracks to circulate but since I now rule this band I decided they should be released".

So we can thank Chuck for these gems! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 22:19 by dcba.

Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: March 10, 2021 22:17

Really digging Part of the Night, gorgeous and melancholy song. Any idea what year/session this is from? Have been listening to this download nonstop for the last 5 days.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 10, 2021 22:25

stanbooth

Any idea what year/session this is from?

See here: [iorr.org] . Or here: [StonesSessions.com] - (Session List / Also Known As).

Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: March 10, 2021 22:29

Irix
stanbooth

Any idea what year/session this is from?

See here: [iorr.org] . Or here: [StonesSessions.com] - (Session List / Also Known As).

Awesome! Thanks

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2021 23:32

Works for POTNight but that (great) site is going to be needing a lot of updating after this release ;-)
stanbooth
Really digging Part of the Night, gorgeous and melancholy song. Any idea what year/session this is from? Have been listening to this download nonstop for the last 5 days.

For an up to date list of the sessions for all the 50 tracks check this out : [iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 10, 2021 23:57

thanks everyone here for tracking down the sessions for all the tracks

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 11, 2021 00:08

According to the Complete Works Website,Desperate Man Comes from the Bridges to Babylon sessions.Is that right?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 11, 2021 00:16

bitusa2012
Lossy.
Lossless.
Flac.
MP3.

Christ, I remember my first bootlegs.

THESE are STUNNING quality compared to that crap that I used to buy! And yet, still love.

I just don’t get it... this is WONDERFUL quality versus what we used to accept.

Burned a CD of ALL these songs today. Played it loud in the car all afternoon. Just LOVELY. Yes, some songs are better than others, some I love, some not so much. LIKE a REAL Stones album, in fact.

It’s JUST MAGNIFICENT compared to my original vinyl and then CD of Gravestones and Rape of the Vaults. And to my original Dirty Work Outtakes CD that I loved the music of, but was just about unlistenable.

Just don’t get this “analysis” of the recordings, the bitrates, the highs and lows, rather than the ENJOYMENT OF THE ACTUAL MUSIC.

We’ve waited, in truth, the best part of 2 decades for a meaningful batch of new Stones music, some of which we know and have, much of which we don’t. Just don’t get it....

My thoughts exactly was going to post something similar
It’s like being given a million dollars and complaining it’s in small bills.
I’m loving it
After the crap year we have all had this is brilliant

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 11, 2021 00:19

The leak could be from anywhere.
i Remember a story that some Guns N' Roses leaks were from hacking someones email.

And another one where 100 cds of demos were found in some record company ex employees locker.

That said i feel uncomfortable listening to these. Maybe i will in the future, for now im gonna sit on it. Im much more a concert bootleg guy than a demo guy.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 11, 2021 00:38

rebelhipi
i Remember a story that some Guns N' Roses leaks were from hacking someones email.

And another one where 100 cds of demos were found in some record company ex employees locker.

That said i feel uncomfortable listening to these. Maybe i will in the future, for now im gonna sit on it. Im much more a concert bootleg guy than a demo guy.

As much money as I have given my heroes, listening to this doesn't bother me a bit.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: March 11, 2021 00:42

gotdablouse
Well yes some people are going to be trying to sell CDRs but that can't be a comment directed at the CC "Japanese Fan Club" release because they are NOT CDRs of course as seen in the pictures that have been shared and having received my copy today from the eBay seller (a lot earlier than announced) I can VERIFY that they are indeed silvers ;-) In any case silvers are nice(r) to have but the sound is not going to be any different than on a quality CDR that's been burnt properly.

Forget! Here in Argentina many copies of CD-r have already been sold, because silver bootlegs do not arrive easily here, in addition to what the dollar is worth, many are abused with the price!

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 11, 2021 00:43

Elmo Lewis
rebelhipi

As much money as I have given my heroes, listening to this doesn't bother me a bit.

Yeah, its kind of more the fact that these didnt pass the Stones quality check. The songs werent good enough to release as they are.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1635
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home