Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2021 20:15

liddas

By the way, a friend, an audiophile without possibility of any cure, tests all HD files that he downloads from the most respectable sources. Well, he claims that many HD files sold by Qbuz and alike are not exactly "HD" ...

That's why [www.HighResAudio.com] does it too - because in the early days of HiRes-Stores (e.g. HDtracks) some sources were just upsampled ....

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 9, 2021 20:22

agree, flip the switch on B2B has been turned into a more comfortable rock tune. here it is cooking just below boiling point, delicious

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 9, 2021 20:55

vedran
I heard Honest Man the other day on YT, different mix than Voodoo Brew/Stew... Really dug it.
I thought it's on this 3CD release but it's not... What's the story? Is there more?

Vedran

There are two tracks HONEST MAN on the voodoo sets. One with more overdubs. Nothing new as far as I know. The youtubelinks are 9 and 8 years old

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 9, 2021 21:02

liddas
gotdablouse
IMHO This whole "lossless vs lossy" is completely blown out of proportion, especially when you're talking bootlegs whose source is completely unknown (DATs, good old tapes at the Xth generation, FLACs, MP3s, etc..). I do get slightly annoyed when you have some "Qobuz Maniacs" who pop up to crap on the best ever outtakes release in Stones (overall ?) history with unsubstantiated claims (crap 128/160kbs MP3s) and then you have other "unsuspecting" fans all worried because maybe they're not getting the "real" stuff ;-)

Only justified reason for wanting only lossless files is that file exchange is done not only for the pleasure of listening to "non official" or "out of print" recordings, but also for the purpose of preserving these recordings for those who come after us.

When I obtain a file, compress it in lossy format and share it without disclosing it is lossy, I increase the risk that the original lossless recording gets lost in cyber-universe.

For the rest, I agree with you.

By the way, a friend, an audiophile without possibility of any cure, tests all HD files that he downloads from the most respectable sources. Well, he claims that many HD files sold by Qbuz and alike are not exactly "HD" ...

C
Yes I agree that if you have good sounding MP3 files that you burn to CD, then that CD gets ripped to MP3 and burnt to CD again, and so on and so forth there is going to be some degradation...although if you use 320kbps each time it's unlikely anyone is ever going to be able to hear it for many, many, many generations ;-)

Do you know how your friend tests these HQ files ? With a tool like "Lossless Audio Checker" maybe ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 9, 2021 21:34

His Majesty
gotdablouse
dandelion1967
PaintMonkeyManBlack
is this one new ?

[www.youtube.com]

Never heard it! Sounds like The Rolling Who!!

That audio has to be from the endless instrumentals on the 8 CD "Satanic Majesties Sessions" boot and yes it's now a lot more listenable as "She's Doing her Thing" on FFSO.

It is from Midnight Beat release. thumbs up

I prefer it without the crappy vocals and lyrics which I am not convinced are from 1967. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I really like both the old and the new, but there's definitely some peculiar/interesting sounding components to this new version.

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 21:41

Track 10 on vol .3 Covered in Bruises, is a pre recording to Ronnie's title song on 1234,(1234) love it

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 9, 2021 22:25

Still In Love! What a beautifull tune. Haunting piano/guitar motiff, Jaggs and Keef yelling raw into the mic.

Who else loves this one?

Anything else we know about it?

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: March 9, 2021 22:46

deardoctor
vedran
I heard Honest Man the other day on YT, different mix than Voodoo Brew/Stew... Really dug it.
I thought it's on this 3CD release but it's not... What's the story? Is there more?

Vedran

There are two tracks HONEST MAN on the voodoo sets. One with more overdubs. Nothing new as far as I know. The youtubelinks are 9 and 8 years old

Thank you for the answer! I had Voodoo Brew, Stew and Residue 20 years ago and I distinctly remember only one version, obviously one with less overdubs. What I heard the other day was from this Niels guy channel which was taken down soon after.

Where was this version with more overdubs first released?

Thanks again,
Vedran

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 9, 2021 22:47

peoplewitheyes
Still In Love! What a beautifull tune. Haunting piano/guitar motiff, Jaggs and Keef yelling raw into the mic.

Who else loves this one?

Anything else we know about it?

Still in love has always been a fave outtake of mine. I prefer the earlier version, which is only a snipppit of around 30 seconds or so, and has only guitars and Mick singing in falsetto. This later version from the (Undercover?) sessions is good too though. I didn't realize it had vocals also. Sounds like they're from back then.

This is a lot of music to listen to! So far really digging it. Listening these mixes, it feels like you're sitting in on a rehearsal/jam session with the band. Really cool.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 23:07 by ryanpow.

Date: March 9, 2021 22:47

I do ! I still remember hearing it for the first time in my car on a cassette I had bought at a record fair (still have it !), likely in 1991 so 30 friggin' years ago. The same long piano version without the vocals too. It was a copy of the "Goin'...Mad & Wild" boot. Much better sound on that new version of course and the Mick&Keith vocals are terrific here, pretty unique too. When have they sung together since on a finished track ? On "Slipping Away" ?

Record fairs were the "internet" of the day for boots, you never knew what you would find, hoping for the best and coming up empty handed...or a lot poorer ! I remember a CD that had a much shorter version of "Still in Love", let's see...found it on dbboots, it was called "PROMOTIONAL RESCUE" with a weird "negative" cover of the B&B album.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 9, 2021 22:51

gotdablouse
...I remember a CD that had a much shorter version of "Still in Love", let's see...found it on dbboots, it was called "PROMOTIONAL RESCUE" with a weird "negative" cover of the B&B album.

That's the one I was referring to. I heard it on one of the Place Pigalle collections.

Date: March 9, 2021 22:52

Sad news, the 4 hour compilation video on YT is now...gone [www.youtube.com] !

I downloaded it earlier but it's probably not worth uploading it again...wasn't there a "Russian" YT at some point where UMG would have a harder time getting the files pulled ?

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 22:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 9, 2021 23:38

When I had all the songs up on YouTube, I watched the playcount. These were the biggest 'hits' online: It's Only Rock & Roll with Bowie on backing vocals, it received a whole lot of plays, partly because a Bowie fansite linked to it. Desperate Man, Still in Love, She's Doing Her Thing and Living in the Heart of Love were the other tracks that were the most popular. I would suggest one of those as a single when this is officially released.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 9, 2021 23:55

vedran
deardoctor
vedran

Vedran

Thank you for the answer! I had Voodoo Brew, Stew and Residue 20 years ago and I distinctly remember only one version, obviously one with less overdubs. What I heard the other day was from this Niels guy channel which was taken down soon after.

Where was this version with more overdubs first released?

Thanks again,
Vedran

You can find them both on VOODOO STEW disc 3 ZULU FUN MIXES track 14 and 15 followed by ZIP MOUTH ANGEL which is a real great tune
Cheers, chris

Posted by: stonemexico ()
Date: March 9, 2021 23:59

FULLY FINISHED OUTTAKES
Got it!
Its on Pirate Bay

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 10, 2021 00:05

>Hopefully the FLACs are really from the CD-Rip and not 'up-converted' from the Download-MP3s.

That has been my point or at least my question from the beginning. Were he flacs from the cd or from the already degraded mp3s posted here originally.

Disclaimer: no complaints whatsoever no matter which way, would just like to get straight in my head what is what until the real thing appears. Which I think it will and in which case the original cd will be pretty unique especially if they do not use any of that artwork.

Just because my old frazzled from too much time in front of a bass bin ears can't hear the difference doesn't mean I don't care about sound quality. Good sound has a better effect on the brain than distorted sound does. Its a proven fact. Even if you cannot physically hear it, you can feel it and your brain interprets it. Not to get too clinical, but low res will give you a headache especially at high volume. Which of course none of us play it at, because we are adults. Right?

jb

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 10, 2021 00:54

jbwelda
>Hopefully the FLACs are really from the CD-Rip and not 'up-converted' from the Download-MP3s.

That has been my point or at least my question from the beginning. Were he flacs from the cd or from the already degraded mp3s posted here originally.

Disclaimer: no complaints whatsoever no matter which way, would just like to get straight in my head what is what until the real thing appears. Which I think it will and in which case the original cd will be pretty unique especially if they do not use any of that artwork.

Just because my old frazzled from too much time in front of a bass bin ears can't hear the difference doesn't mean I don't care about sound quality. Good sound has a better effect on the brain than distorted sound does. Its a proven fact. Even if you cannot physically hear it, you can feel it and your brain interprets it. Not to get too clinical, but low res will give you a headache especially at high volume. Which of course none of us play it at, because we are adults. Right?

jb

For what it's worth, I don't hear much of a difference between the initial MP3s that I burned and the FLACs that I later burned...so maybe they aren't FLACs from the CDs...but maybe I too have spent too much time next to an amp/speaker, etc.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 10, 2021 01:17

I haven't been looking at all the pages on this thread,but I have seen a lot of coverage on Net about 'New Stones recordings from the past', and quite a few names from IORR have been on there.

I'm not into getting stuff like that,as I always found it difficult as not really know how to do it.

Our dear friend Deltics would send me a DVD or CD when he saw my comments about my not knowing how to do it.

IORR has always been the best Rolling Stones site for everything and it is really good to hear on the international media that they have made so many fans happy with this latest news. smileys with beer

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 10, 2021 01:46

crawdaddy
I haven't been looking at all the pages on this thread,but I have seen a lot of coverage on Net about 'New Stones recordings from the past', and quite a few names from IORR have been on there.

I'm not into getting stuff like that,as I always found it difficult as not really know how to do it.

Our dear friend Deltics would send me a DVD or CD when he saw my comments about my not knowing how to do it.

IORR has always been the best Rolling Stones site for everything and it is really good to hear on the international media that they have made so many fans happy with this latest news. smileys with beer

Just click the link on Page 1 of this thread. Trust me, if I can download this stuff, anybody can.

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 10, 2021 02:17

I've been seeing some of these tunes appear, disappear, and reappear on youtube - repeat cycle - from various channels. They randomly show up as "related" videos when I'm logged in listening/watching something else.
Some are on well established channels with hundreds of other videos, and sometimes they're brand new pop-up channels with just a few videos. Seems like a cat and mouse game, and it's keeping the bigwigs busy.
I currently see the early version of IORR, but hesitate to post it as it might be at risk of being removed - not just the video, but the guys entire channel which appears to have been around for quite some time.
Not sure of all the legal inner workings of youtube, but the cats out of the bag, and there's loads more material added to the Stones barrel. It's been less than a week since they've been available, but really hope the rest becomes a reality also.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 10, 2021 02:21

Elmo Lewis
crawdaddy

Just click the link on Page 1 of this thread. Trust me, if I can download this stuff, anybody can.

HA HA! That's funny!

It practically does it for ya!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 10, 2021 02:41

floodonthepage
jbwelda

jb

For what it's worth, I don't hear much of a difference between the initial MP3s that I burned and the FLACs that I later burned...so maybe they aren't FLACs from the CDs...but maybe I too have spent too much time next to an amp/speaker, etc.

FLAC files (and most likely the 3-CD set) are sourced from low bitrate mp3's. Currently there's no "lossless" (true CD quality) version of these tracks.

Date: March 10, 2021 03:51

Has anyone posted this? Just saw it. What caught my eye is the original logo.

[www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com]

Date: March 10, 2021 03:53

Duh. Nevermind!

Date: March 10, 2021 03:59

That directly contradicts what has been said, that the flac came from the cds not from the low bit rate mp3 downloads.

Unless you are saying that the CDs originally came from the exact same mp3 files that were available for download here. But I think that is totally incorrect. Its a matter of the chicken or the egg, and in this case I believe both the low res mp3 and the flac both came from the CD.

Where the master for the cd came from remains, to me, a mystery, but I would assume the it came from the original recording that fell into the bootleggers hands, whether those be low res mp3 or not. All else originated from the CD set, I am just not sure the flacs indeed came from the cds or from the already degraded mp3 download. They sounded identical to the mp3 download but I am not certain exactly what conclusions should be drawn from that, being that the conversion to flac is supposed to be lossless.

jb

Date: March 10, 2021 04:05

jbwelda
Its a matter of the chicken or the egg...

That one has been solved. The egg came first.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 10, 2021 04:13

GasLightStreet
Has anyone posted this? Just saw it. What caught my eye is the original logo.

[www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com]

Note that the fine print credits this to Black Frisco Records (BFR 101-103) and that it was created for the Rolling Stones Fan Club.

So "Black Frisco Records" just decided to create a boxset of 3 cd's with unreleased studio material by the Rolling Stones for the Stones Fan Club in Japan. They're like: oh here, we made you something, it's a 3 cd set with unreleased Stones songs, you might wanna listen to it when you've got the time. Can't they do the same for some other fan clubs?

Date: March 10, 2021 04:32

As you probably know, that "fan club" schtick is a long time shelter for those putting out bootleg records. Not to be taken very seriously.

And Gaslightstreet, thanks for clearing that up.

jb

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 10, 2021 04:44

How could I get this on cd? I tried the link on page 1 but the download didn’t work for me.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 10, 2021 05:23

Elmo Lewis
crawdaddy

can you do that on a Mac or an iPod though?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home