Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 9, 2021 15:49

I seem to remember he's in fact answering a question from Joe Wood along the lines of "how many songs are you going to be recording ?" and he answers "box sets, box sets" ;-)

Here's the full dialogue (with full review of the sets) : [www.rollingstonesnet.com]

ChrisM had first posted his review to the great UC list and I remember having a hard time believing what I was reading, completely mind boggling that such material would be out barely a year after the album. I promptly placed an order for "Voodoo Brew" and still have it of course ! As well as Stew and Residue ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: March 9, 2021 15:53

I've added all tracks to my iTunes app and have found a weird problem. One track "Eliza Upchink" will not copy out to my other devices via iCloud. iTunes has this track flagged as "Removed from icloud." I tried to convert this track to ACC to defeat this but no avail. Anyone else stumble across this first world problem? The effect is that it won't copy to my iPhone, which I can't listen to this one track in the car. Pity, it's a hell of a good track!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:11

plusplusjames
I've added all tracks to my iTunes app and have found a weird problem. One track "Eliza Upchink" will not copy out to my other devices via iCloud. iTunes has this track flagged as "Removed from icloud." I tried to convert this track to ACC to defeat this but no avail. Anyone else stumble across this first world problem? The effect is that it won't copy to my iPhone, which I can't listen to this one track in the car. Pity, it's a hell of a good track!

Yes, I did actually. With that same track. But for me, it happened when preparing to burn files to disc. I clicked off the error windows and tried again and it worked, both with mp3s and FLACs. I didn't try it with iTunes though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 16:27 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:15

There were three tracks that wouldn't burn to CD for me. I put them into Audacity and exported them again, and that fixed the problem for me.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:34

PaintMonkeyManBlack
is this one new ?

[www.youtube.com]

Never heard it! Sounds like The Rolling Who!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: March 9, 2021 16:41

dandelion1967
PaintMonkeyManBlack
is this one new ?

[www.youtube.com]

It is included on "Fully Finished Outtakes", with overdubs and vocals.

Date: March 9, 2021 16:51

dandelion1967
PaintMonkeyManBlack
is this one new ?

[www.youtube.com]

That audio has to be from the endless instrumentals on the 8 CD "Satanic Majesties Sessions" boot and yes it's now a lot more listenable as "She's Doing her Thing" on FFSO.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:54

jahisnotdead
There were three tracks that wouldn't burn to CD for me. I put them into Audacity and exported them again, and that fixed the problem for me.

You gave me a good idea. I copied the recalcitrant track to a USB stick and then added the file to my iTunes library on a different laptop. It added to my library over there and then replicated without error to my primary laptop, iPhone, and iPad. Done! Thank you Sir!!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:17

gotdablouse
dandelion1967
PaintMonkeyManBlack
is this one new ?

[www.youtube.com]

That audio has to be from the endless instrumentals on the 8 CD "Satanic Majesties Sessions" boot and yes it's now a lot more listenable as "She's Doing her Thing" on FFSO.

It is from Midnight Beat release. thumbs up

I prefer it without the crappy vocals and lyrics which I am not convinced are from 1967. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:26

I heard Honest Man the other day on YT, different mix than Voodoo Brew/Stew... Really dug it.
I thought it's on this 3CD release but it's not... What's the story? Is there more?

Vedran

Re: Fully Finished out takes from Stones themselves ?
Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:28

dcba
detroitken

As I recall, anyway.
What are these "Voodoo Boots" that I'm hearing about ?

Google "Vigotone" + Voodoo Lounge.[/quote] OK its voodoo brew/stew/residue....got'm

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:46

Hi All

I d/l the lossy files and absolutely blown away by quality of this stuff but wonder if there is anywhere I can download the full files ie FLAC's or whatever

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:54

Father Ted
It's not a bad package. I'd rate the tracks as 5-6/10 so far. Goodish but not great.

Maybe they're testing the waters for a big anthology package?

If anyone is listening at HQ - you need some more upbeat rockers. So far, it sounds a little MOR.

I cleared some time over the weekend and managed to listen to at least 75-80% of these tracks. So far, I would agree with your assessment and would rate these as 5-6 out of 10 and that's being pretty generous (more upbeat rockers needed indeed!). Certainly what makes this package pretty astounding is the number of tracks released in excellent listening quality. But nothing that I heard so far really sticks with me as memorable enough for repeat listening-certainly not as essential or strong as say prior material like Trident Mixes, Black Box, or even later day stuff like Voodoo Brew, etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 17:55 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:55

chevysales

I d/l the lossy files and absolutely blown away by quality of this stuff but wonder if there is anywhere I can download the full files ie FLAC's or whatever

As far I've understood this release the original source before the silver CDs is lossy (MP3, ca. 160kbps) - so there would be not much improvement in sound quality if the "lossy" CDs are ripped to FLAC - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 18:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:58

I had to delete about a 13 of the tracks to be able to enjoy it. I usually don't do that, but I just had to. And now it's allright. It's very understandable that Jagger, if he did, didn't want (many of) these tracks as "bonus tracks" on recent re-releases. And why release something one isn't satisfied with? They surely doesn't need the money nor "owe us" anything.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:00

I think somebody has said it before on one of these "Fully Finished" threads, but I could see 'Nobody's Perfect' as maybe even being a 40 Licks outtake...it has that candy-ass (yet compelling) ear candy quality that 'Keys to Your Love' has. Of course I hear the "She's the Boss"/Primitive Cool"-ness to the song as well, but just saying...I can definitely see it coming from outside of that realm as well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 21:51 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:01

Erik_Snow
I had to delete about a 13 of the tracks to be able to enjoy it.

Which ones Erik?

Date: March 9, 2021 18:02

Irix
chevysales

As far I've understood this release the original source is lossy (MP3, ca. 160kbps) - so there would be no improvement in sound quality if the CDs are ripped to FLAC - [iorr.org] .

This is incorrect, the FLAC files sound better of course, if only because reencoding MP3 files, be they 192 or 256 or 320, to MP3 as was done for the "lossy leak" will always degrade the quality. As for the original files, none of those who claim they are crappy "128/160 kbps" has been able to point out any artifact that usually comes with these bitrates so...yes they are MP3s (in so much as the hight end was cut out, but that could be due to a cassette transfer too) but the jury is still out on the actual original bitrate. One thing is certain they are excellent quality MP3 files and as many studies have shown, (practically) no one can hear the difference between a 320kbps and lossless flac.

Anyway the Lossless version can be found here : [iorr.org] (8th message for the Wetransfer direct link)

--------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 18:06 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:17

Erik_Snow
I had to delete about a 13 of the tracks to be able to enjoy it. I usually don't do that, but I just had to. And now it's allright. It's very understandable that Jagger, if he did, didn't want (many of) these tracks as "bonus tracks" on recent re-releases. And why release something one isn't satisfied with? They surely doesn't need the money nor "owe us" anything.

Hi Erik , I agreed.
Here's my 13

- Nobody's perfect which look to me as a She's The Boss left over
- Dog Shit
- Tell Her How It Is ( The lyrics doesn't add anything )
- You Better Stop That
- Never Make You Cry
- Part Of The Night
- Giving It Up
- Can't Find Love
- Dream About
- Flip The Switch whick look like an awful remix
- Might As Well Get Juiced
- Extreme Western Grip Not because I don't like it, more because it doen't fit with most of the tracks which are end 70s and mid 80s.
- Well Well same as above

Everything else is all good winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:20

as I have read the stones were about to take it out for the polydor is it true or not.

Date: March 9, 2021 18:20

dcba
Erik_Snow
I had to delete about a 13 of the tracks to be able to enjoy it.

Which ones Erik?

Sure you want to know? Some of these are among other peoples favourites...

More deleting will continue during the 2nd listening. I might end up with about one disc. Even songs that's "quite allright" like "Trouble's A Comin" , are IMO way less of a song than anything released officially from the early 70s. And I don't care for Fast Talking either. "Deep Love" on the other hand is finally a decent song, unlike the previously known version with Keith singing. If taking in consideration that it is the mid 80s after all.

Anyway, these ones had to go, at once:

She's Doing Her Thing, 20 Nil, Low Down

Keep It Cool, Can't Find Love, Everytime I Break Her Heart, Flip The Switch

Sanctuary, Praire Love, Might As Well Get Juiced, Curtis Meets Smokey, Ivy League, Too Tight, Extreme Western Grip, Well Well

Date: March 9, 2021 18:25

Honestman
- Dream About

Thanks, - I forgot to delete that one, guess I automatically skipped over it without thinking, when listening. Like one immidiately remove ones hand from the oven. Now it's deleted.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:26

I would love Flacs or originals not LAME 3.99 rips if at all possible. these are just that damn good.

If anyone has links to FLAC please let me know.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:34

I like Dream About grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:35

gotdablouse

This is incorrect, the FLAC files sound better of course, if only because reencoding MP3 files, be they 192 or 256 or 320, to MP3 as was done for the "lossy leak" will always degrade the quality.

I've compared 'Nobody's Perfect' as MP3 - [iorr.org] - and as FLAC - [iorr.org] - and cannot hear differences via high-end headphones. Hopefully the FLACs are really from the CD-Rip and not 'up-converted' from the Download-MP3s.

Of course, re-encoding an MP3 again to MP3 decreases the quality, in this case the FLACs would sound a bit better ....

Date: March 9, 2021 18:47

Interesting, actually I was going to edit my message to say that IN THEORY the FLAC rips would be better than the CD ripped to MP3 but like I wrote above (practically) no one can tell the difference between a lossless FLAC and 320KBPS mp3 so it's not really surprising that you can't tell the difference between the FLAC (yes it was ripped by Werther 2003 from the CD) and the VBR 162kbps, even on high-end cans.

IMHO This whole "lossless vs lossy" is completely blown out of proportion, especially when you're talking bootlegs whose source is completely unknown (DATs, good old tapes at the Xth generation, FLACs, MP3s, etc..). I do get slightly annoyed when you have some "Qobuz Maniacs" who pop up to crap on the best ever outtakes release in Stones (overall ?) history with unsubstantiated claims (crap 128/160kbs MP3s) and then you have other "unsuspecting" fans all worried because maybe they're not getting the "real" stuff ;-)

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 20:49 by gotdablouse.

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 9, 2021 19:06

NilsHolgersson
STONES UNTURNED Treasure trove of 50 unreleased Rolling Stones songs mysteriously emerges online

[www.thesun.ie]

Apparently 500 actual factory-pressed CDs have been pressed costing around £50 each for the 3CD release.

Hockenheim95 wrote: “this stuff is soooooooooooo amazing! in this stunning quality it must have been stolen from the digital archives of the rolling stones.

Mathijs wrote: “It’s fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues.”

U2Stonesfans wrote: “I do not see how the band could not be in on this release somehow. Or they have a thief with access to the vault amongst their inner circle. This stuff is fantastic!. I’m dedicating my day to listening to this gem of a release!”

Deardoctor wrote: “This is really D-day for us collectors. So great. What an amazing sound quality!”

Cristiano Radtke wrote: “Event of the year and THE best Stones bootleg in years. Many many thanks to all the people involved.”

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones declined to comment.

thumbs up

Should we start worrying about the paparazzi?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 9, 2021 19:18

gotdablouse
IMHO This whole "lossless vs lossy" is completely blown out of proportion, especially when you're talking bootlegs whose source is completely unknown (DATs, good old tapes at the Xth generation, FLACs, MP3s, etc..). I do get slightly annoyed when you have some "Qobuz Maniacs" who pop up to crap on the best ever outtakes release in Stones (overall ?) history with unsubstantiated claims (crap 128/160kbs MP3s) and then you have other "unsuspecting" fans all worried because maybe they're not getting the "real" stuff ;-)

Only justified reason for wanting only lossless files is that file exchange is done not only for the pleasure of listening to "non official" or "out of print" recordings, but also for the purpose of preserving these recordings for those who come after us.

When I obtain a file, compress it in lossy format and share it without disclosing it is lossy, I increase the risk that the original lossless recording gets lost in cyber-universe.

For the rest, I agree with you.

By the way, a friend, an audiophile without possibility of any cure, tests all HD files that he downloads from the most respectable sources. Well, he claims that many HD files sold by Qbuz and alike are not exactly "HD" ...

C

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 20:11

There are too many treasures here to absorb all at once.

My top tracks review will have to wait a few more days but I am loving it.

It's switched up to 11.

Happy days...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 9, 2021 20:12

That´s a real mean bass playing - jumping - along with Charlie on the intro to Flip the switch...voodoo-stuff...Too bad they didn´t keep that...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home