Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Date: March 9, 2021 10:14

Chacho
I don't really get the title of this thread.

And what is the title of the download?

There's nothing difficult about "Fully Finished
Studio Outtakes", but what is the "On Hot Stuff"
part?

"Hot Stuff" is a song.

Now you're in the "Tell Me"-section. Go back to www.iorr.org and press "Hot Stuff".

Date: March 9, 2021 10:16

wupperstein
In my opinion most of the tracks are finished and I like them.
Only a few songs sound unfinished, for example 20 Nill.

Most are unfinished, and some track desperately need editing, since they're 6 or 7 minutes long smiling smiley

However, I agree that sound-wise many of these numbers are really close to being "finished".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 9, 2021 10:50

Gonna be interesting to see if the
next two 3CD sets get released/pressed ...

Gotta strange kinda feelin'
Stones bounty hunters are already out there ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2021 11:42

IORR 101:

IORR.org is based on four parts:

Tell Me : This forum - general Stones talks
Hot Stuff : Collector's trading forum
All Sold Out : Ticket trading forum
Editorial : All other contents on IORR

All of this is easily found from links on the home page of iorr.

When I designed the home page of IORR more than twenty years ago, the goal was to have all links on the home page named by Stones songs. May be that is confusing to new visitors, but still, if you are a new visitor, I would advice to spend ten minutes visiting most of the links on the iorr.org home page. enjoy!

Bjornulf

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 9, 2021 12:17

..I would be very surprised if we get the 3 ”following” cds..let’s see what happen in the Stones corporation...!....

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 9, 2021 13:07

Well at least the Stones are trending again!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 9, 2021 13:12

It's not a bad package. I'd rate the tracks as 5-6/10 so far. Goodish but not great.

Maybe they're testing the waters for a big anthology package?

If anyone is listening at HQ - you need some more upbeat rockers. So far, it sounds a little MOR.

Dream About
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: March 9, 2021 03:58

It's little cheesy (sounds more Mick solo) but I can't stop listening to the chorus part, super catchy and could be a Stones classic if it had better verses although these arent bad

Re: Dream About
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 9, 2021 04:48

longlongwinter
It's little cheesy (sounds more Mick solo) but I can't stop listening to the chorus part, super catchy and could be a Stones classic if it had better verses although these arent bad

I like the beginning with the funky groove of the bass and drums - it has a bit of a Billie Jean thing going on. And I like Mick's "soul brother" vocals, and the snappy little guitar riffs - a true toe tapper it is...
But then...listening now...meanders into the weirdness of what sounds like typically inferior Mick solo material imo as it runs astray in to soft pop land with the almost grotesquely exaggerated vocals and sappiness.
I don't think it's completely horrible as it eventually returns back to the good stuff...if I could move like Jagger, I would...but then I have to turn it off...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Seems multiple threads have been merged since yesterday - thought I could find and post a video of 'Dream About', but it's been yanked off of youtube.
Maybe a good thing as it's really not the best tune, and doesn't represent the Stones very well, but those who downloaded everything can hear it there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 21:15 by Hairball.

Fully Finished out takes from Stones themselves ?
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 5, 2021 21:07

Fully Finished out takes from Stones themselves ?

At the beginning of February Keith Richards implied there was new music on the horizon.

A week or so later the Japanese Fully Finished Out-takes becomes available in extra ordinary sound quality, in extra ordinary quantity of songs and including previously unheard songs........with strong rumours of more to follow........can that really be a co-incidence?

The Stones have always been masters of priming the market, generating demand and selling product.

Rumours are building that this is could be a Stones release of material, either to make way for the long awaited new album or fill a market gap because the new album is still a way off release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 13:19 by bv.

Re: Fully Finished out takes from Stones themselves ?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 5, 2021 21:22

Well If this was offical Stones, we all know the price of it would be sky high, so not official. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 6, 2021 01:33

This release is definitely from someone who has deep access to the "vault"
Hopefully there isn't any shenanigans involved this time.
I had forgotten about Keith's comment about new music coming, that's a good point!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 6, 2021 03:05

I sure hope this isn't the result of a hack. I was just thinking about that. I would hate it if it was taking stuff the Stones planned to release, and really would be bummed if any of this spoils the new album. Too bad they live on Mount Olympus, and it's impossible to ask them directly without a complicated fire dance ceremony.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 6, 2021 03:58

I hope it is a hack. Maybe they will wake up and really open up the studio vaults before all the hard core fans are dead. If you want to see how it’s really done check out the FTD Elvis label !!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 04:00 by donvis.

Date: March 6, 2021 04:07

Ronnie's been known to jump the gun on announcing various new Stones things and giving away secrets and surprises...maybe he leaked them all, and if so thank you Ronnie!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 6, 2021 09:06

jahisnotdead
I sure hope this isn't the result of a hack. I was just thinking about that. I would hate it if it was taking stuff the Stones planned to release, and really would be bummed if any of this spoils the new album. Too bad they live on Mount Olympus, and it's impossible to ask them directly without a complicated fire dance ceremony.

what also could this be but the result of a hack? Who on earth does have access to outtakes covering their entire career in perfect sound quality?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 6, 2021 11:35

slewan

what also could this be but the result of a hack? Who on earth does have access to outtakes covering their entire career in perfect sound quality?

Maybe it was as a so-called 'man-in-the-middle' attack - Universal Music sent some archive recordings via Internet to Mick/Keith for them to check if/what they can make out of it and due to a security hole someone 'in-the-middle' of the connection got access to the files .... just a thought.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2021 11:48

Some people here have been referring to "tapes that were stolen from Don Was" to explain this "eruption". I've followed up with questions since I do remember reading some kind of story about this but have come up empty handed and the people who posted never replied. Anyone else remember that story ?

Someone also said they "found out" that there likely weren't any tracks from the Licks or ABB sessions as the leak would predate 2002. Again, no further details were given. Did the DW theft occur in 2001 maybe ? Some tracks here had been "circulating", "I Can See Nobody" for instance was shared in HS by "bkeys" in March 2017, same for the very short snippet of "Dreams to Remember" posted by ReelStone.

Anyway it's safe to say that this has taken everyone by surprise and it's more than anyone could have wished to ever get when you see how "stingy" they have been with "bonus tracks" since SG. Oh and rumor has it there are a total of 12 (yes TWELVE) volumes in the FFSO collection.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 6, 2021 12:40

Who would have thought that when Keith posted "new music on the horizon" on his Instagram we would get 50 tracks the next week?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 6, 2021 16:21

Well, if this is a problem for the Stones and disrupts planned official releases, it seems to be a problem that they've brought upon themselves. It would have already been solved by simply releasing them earlier. These tracks weren't considered good enough for the 40th or the 50th, or any deluxe edition albums, so who is to say they were still just waiting for the right time for an official release? The 60th anniversary? 75? 100?

Forget that.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 6, 2021 16:30

gotdablouse
Some people here have been referring to "tapes that were stolen from Don Was" to explain this "eruption". I've followed up with questions since I do remember reading some kind of story about this but have come up empty handed and the people who posted never replied. Anyone else remember that story ?

Someone also said they "found out" that there likely weren't any tracks from the Licks or ABB sessions as the leak would predate 2002. Again, no further details were given. Did the DW theft occur in 2001 maybe ? Some tracks here had been "circulating", "I Can See Nobody" for instance was shared in HS by "bkeys" in March 2017, same for the very short snippet of "Dreams to Remember" posted by ReelStone.

Anyway it's safe to say that this has taken everyone by surprise and it's more than anyone could have wished to ever get when you see how "stingy" they have been with "bonus tracks" since SG. Oh and rumor has it there are a total of 12 (yes TWELVE) volumes in the FFSO collection.

another simple explanation that there's nothing after 2002 might be that there are no finished outtakes from the Licks and ABB sessions.

I think it's unlikely that the stuff comes from the Stones themselves since they are not known to give away stuff like that for free. They're not the salvation army or some charity organization (which is okay for me)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2021 17:14

Well there are well known Licks outtakes, pretty decent too, so that wouldn't be the reason. It's possible that the "source" knows the stuff got stolen before 2002 or that all this material had been prepared ahead of Licks, the infamous 2xCD "Memory Hotel" project that was confused with a Japanese 2xCD Single release (with Everchanging World) in 1999 and that stayed in the air until 2001. That came from "Rocky Dijon" BTW.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 6, 2021 19:18

U2Stonesfan
I had forgotten about Keith's comment about new music coming, that's a good point!

jahisnotdead

Shenanigans? A hack?

the only way unreleased studio material ever gets into the hands of fans is because it was either stolen or leaked by someone who didnt have the authority to do so.

Why would the leaking of outtakes from 20-50 years ago have any affect on a new album?

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 6, 2021 20:35

Gazza
U2Stonesfan

jahisnotdead

Shenanigans? A hack?

the only way unreleased studio material ever gets into the hands of fans is because it was either stolen or leaked by someone who didnt have the authority to do so.

Why would the leaking of outtakes from 20-50 years ago have any affect on a new album?

For the buzz it would generate. As hard as this is to believe, maybe it's just a big thank you to the fans for all the support they have given the band over the years. Yeah I know that's a stretch but maybe they were just so cold for so long and so weak, but now they're strong and have found their way..lol

There has been speculation in the U2 fan sites for years that the " Hansa Ton recordings" were actually released by the band and not stolen.

According to the U2 grapevine, the bootleg tapes were obtained after the band left rough mixes in a Berlin hotel trash can, where they were retrieved by curious hotel chambermaids. U2 insiders suspect that the tapes date back to the band's recording sessions last year at Berlin's Hansa Studios. But a spokesman insisted: "It's impossible to fathom the band leaving these tapes in the hotel trash. They would always be under lock and key."

Legally, the band has every right to suppress the bootlegs -- if they can find them. "You only register the copyright for songs when the album comes out, but the copyright protection is in effect as soon as you finish cutting the song," explains Peter Paterno, a former entertainment attorney who now runs Hollywood Records. "I'd get the RIAA to try and confiscate the tapes. But it's not such a terrible thing for the band. I think people will go out and buy the real thing too."

Radio programmers, citing a recent incident where Geffen Records sued rock station WMMS-FM in Cleveland for airing a bootleg copy of a new Guns N' Roses song, say they would think twice before airing any U2 material. And Bob Say, general manager of the trend-setting Moby Disc record store chain, says the retail bootleg market in Los Angeles has completely dried up.

"You'd have to be crazy to sell a bootleg in this day and age," he explains. "Nobody wants to take a chance on getting busted. Anyway, having a U2 bootleg out right now -- with all the press attention it's bound to get -- wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"We barely sell any of their records anymore. It's the same with Bruce Springsteen -- it's almost embarrassing how few albums he sells. So to get a lot of attention focused on a bootleg would get the band's name out in public, which might be good for them right now."

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 6, 2021 20:48

This has been such an explosion I worry that someone will get the legal bloodhounds on this and shut it down fast. It's all over facebook and even ebay and its like waving a red flag at a bull. Hope I'm wrong though.

Date: March 6, 2021 20:59

Hope the rest of these that have been mentioned will be released ASAP.
If it's too good to be true, could be that it might be if not acted upon quickly. Unleash them now, no questions asked.thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 6, 2021 21:59

The GR
This has been such an explosion I worry that someone will get the legal bloodhounds on this and shut it down fast.

How?
The only way is to ask the pressing plants owners to tip them off if someone asks for some "Fully Finished Studio Outtakes" to be made by them. It might work in Continental Europe but in the depths of Asia where the law of the buck rules...

If all twelve volumes GTB talks about have already been pressed I guess it's too late for the stones legal team. cool smiley

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: March 6, 2021 22:50

dcba
The GR
This has been such an explosion I worry that someone will get the legal bloodhounds on this and shut it down fast.

How?
The only way is to ask the pressing plants owners to tip them off if someone asks for some "Fully Finished Studio Outtakes" to be made by them. It might work in Continental Europe but in the depths of Asia where the law of the buck rules...

If all twelve volumes GTB talks about have already been pressed I guess it's too late for the stones legal team. cool smiley

I seriously doubt that they have been pressed. But even if they are, it certainly is not too late for the lawyers! More evidence, which can be impounded by customs, police etc.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 6, 2021 23:01

dcba
The GR

How?

Oh, don't worry, the law of the buck rules everywhere, no matter who the owners of any given pressing plant are...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 6, 2021 23:21

If this is all over ebay, could someone please point it out to me as my searches the past couple days have turned up zilch.

jb

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home