Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Degsy ()
Date: March 8, 2021 23:19

Is there anyway you can buy this CD?

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: March 8, 2021 23:49

An unbelievable treasure trove! Wow!!!!!

Date: March 8, 2021 23:51

Degsy

Ebay

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: March 9, 2021 00:04

It's incredible how different "Dirty work" could have been:

-Nobody's perfect.
-Deep love
-Putty in your hands
-I can't see no one else.
-Strictly menphis
-Harlem shuffle
-One hit to the body
-Had it with you
-Sleep tonight
-Wining ugly

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 9, 2021 00:07

Welll, I want Fight and Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever, as well. Not to mention the title track.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 9, 2021 00:38

slewan
retired_dog
slewan
wonderboy
I vote for the theory that Stones Inc. released the material to extend copyrights and create buzz for some future product.
While the Stones core audience is aging, the estate might be counting on a future revival market.

you can't extend copyrights by releasing songs on a bootleg/unofficial release.

Unless you make it perfectly clear that you, as a copyright holder, are behind this release. But then it's no "bootleg/unofficial release" anymore...
So if the Stones are behind all this as some here suggest, they have to come out of hiding from behind the curtain one day if copyright extension was their intent!

In addition to that, copyright extension releases only make sense for material where copyright expiration is near. That, however, is only the case for a few early 1970's tracks here.

I'm not sure that a kind of future 'coming out' will work. If this was an option anybody could claim copyrights for stuff that was had been released in the past on more or less anonymously released bootlegs. So if they wanted to extend their copyright, they could have put their logo etc. on the CDs and put them out as a release limited to a few hundred copies (just like Bob Dylan does more or less every year)

Well, that was meant as a joke. Then again, at court it's a matter of being able to deliver sufficient proof - and it could be quite difficult for them to deliver invoices from pressing plants that show that it was them who had a vinyl or CD "bootleg" pressed a long time ago...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 9, 2021 00:48

Doxa
gotdablouse
A lot of good points here but leaking 50 tracks on purpose ? No way, if they had wanted to leak something to "promote" an upcoming release it would have been a tracklist with 50 songs and a couple of tracks maybe, everyone here would be even more excited by now !

Yeah, so true, and it sounds crazy way to promote anything, but who knows about marketing strategies nowadays (there was some interesting article about U2's bootleg affairs and of a dying state of record business in one of these outtakes threads). I know nothing, but if I am able to find some rationale in this it might go along the following lines:

1. The big deal and the main article (in terms of money) is the physical release. People will buy the product in physical form (together with extra material, photos, a book and whatever) no matter if they got it in digital form. From the point of view of record company, there is no real money in 'pure' online/digital business for any of these catalogue artists (if the question is not of their old evergreen classics). Add there the 'lossygate' (in which I and my poor ears are on your side, gotdablousegrinning smiley) - for the audiophiles, the best thing sonicwise is still to come... Like we have seen here, many are thinking that 'oh man I want to have this great material in proper, lossless form...' so this leaking generates true interest in a way just giving the titles wouldn't. The bottom line must be: leaking it free will not hurt future sales, quite the contrary (besides, when the stuff actually is released officially people would get it 'free' anyway if they want.)

2. Even there is no real money in online business for such a vaults relaese by a catalogue artist, there still is something (which is not the case with free/illegal downloading that cannot be prevented anyway). And as far as online business in general goes, the record companies are greedy like hell (naturally, since their future, and most of presence, lies there). That's why the youtube tracks were omitted quickly. They think that any of those cents should go to the pockets of Universal. This is also a sign that they will release the tracks officially - of the other bootleg stuff (youtube is full of) they don't give a shit. But this material 'belongs' to them.

And extra observation (and correct me if all of it is bullshit):

3. Isn't the Japanese bootleg company supposedly releasing the stuff something created just for this project (that is, not heard before)? And, if I have understood right, releasing the actual CDs is now prevented/cancelled? Can the whole thing be just a hoax?grinning smiley

But yeah, just trying to make some sense out of all this... But end up sounding like some damn conspirary theorist haha....

- Doxa

Yeah, all those "Moon landing was a fake", "Lady Di and Brian Jones got murdered"-stories were fascinating for a lot of people (hence their longevity). And yes, sometimes truth can be stranger than fiction, but in most cases the truth is rather plain and simple - and therefore boring.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 9, 2021 01:12

Contrary to some reports, the stuff is still up on youtube. Maybe they haven't found this yet but its not like its hiding or anything:

Also contrary to some reports, it is NOT available on ebay USA or at least not currently but I have it on pretty good word that will change soon. Days, not hours, soon.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 01:13 by jbwelda.

Posted by: Degsy ()
Date: March 9, 2021 01:15

DandelionPowderman
Degsy

Ebay

I’ve looked on there but can’t seem to find it?

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 9, 2021 01:37

jbwelda
Contrary to some reports, the stuff is still up on youtube. Maybe they haven't found this yet but its not like its hiding or anything:

Also contrary to some reports, it is NOT available on ebay USA or at least not currently but I have it on pretty good word that will change soon. Days, not hours, soon.

jb

That's true, but it indeed was on eBay.....about 100 of them....and you could watch them being sold by hitting refresh...it was wild. Interesting that there will be more, per your "pretty good word" cool smiley

Date: March 9, 2021 01:42

Yes, that was then and this is now.

jb

PS: I was one of those attempting to buy it, got a first screen but then it errored out and 0 were left. Dang. Never seen that before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 01:46 by jbwelda.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 01:55

With all due respect this is totally overrated.There is not one complete song . Part of the Night Dream On, Built that Way,Curtis Meets Smoky,She’s Doing Her Thing Desperate Man are all enjoyable but are notfinished.They would not sell to the general public Stuff like Walk on By Wendy is nothing but Jagger yelling over a jam.I do love the It’s Only Rockn Roll demo and Ronnie’s guitar.Would like to hear outtakes from his I’ve Got My Own Album to Do.But that wouldn’t sell to the general public .I doubt Mick would put this out as an album for general release to the public

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 9, 2021 02:19

Just finally sinking my teeth in. Don’t agree it’s overrated, overrated to what? It’s a potpourri of mostly unheard music in very nice quality. Dreams to Remember is very nice, right up their ally. Fiji Jim sounds from ‘78, nice boogie piano. Too many songs? No no no, warts and all. If anything impressed how they can master their craft over and over. Eliza Upchink next...!!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 9, 2021 02:33

Finally a minute ago I saw one on ebay for 44,90 euro, without thinking I bought one. Was that a smart thing to do? I dunno. I have donwloaded this for free last Saterday and enjoyed it a lot.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 9, 2021 02:47

NilsHolgersson

Account terminated...

Just curious...
Who was the COMPLAINANT against your YouTube account?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 9, 2021 03:03

schillid
NilsHolgersson

Account terminated...

Just curious...

Due to multiple copyright strikes associated with the videos below, your YouTube account has now been disabled:
Takedown issued by: IFPILondon

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: March 9, 2021 03:06

Where is the link to download? Thanks.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 03:08

Gosh, "Built that way" is an absolute marvel! Luv it!!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 9, 2021 03:10

If it's in The Sun that IORR has the download link to this stuff, isn't this whole website at a risk of being taken down?

Date: March 9, 2021 03:19

at least of the link disappearing, yes. Best not tarry.

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 9, 2021 03:31

Taylor1
With all due respect this is totally overrated.There is not one complete song . Part of the Night Dream On, Built that Way,Curtis Meets Smoky,She’s Doing Her Thing Desperate Man are all enjoyable but are notfinished.They would not sell to the general public Stuff like Walk on By Wendy is nothing but Jagger yelling over a jam.I do love the It’s Only Rockn Roll demo and Ronnie’s guitar.Would like to hear outtakes from his I’ve Got My Own Album to Do.But that wouldn’t sell to the general public .I doubt Mick would put this out as an album for general release to the public

Some seem more complete than others, and there's some good, bad, and ugly...not all are perfect, and some stink...warts and all, and that's part of the charm....a treasure chest filled with both gemstones and dirt clods
Surely there could be some more work put in to some of these, but maybe there's been just enough work to include them as extras or works in progress, etc/ ala the Beatles Anthology series or as bonus tracks some day.
Someone could cobble together a Tattoo You II type album out of these and have it presented as a full new album, but not sure it would have been done by Mick and the Stones to be released as an official new album.
Then again, maybe this is partially what they've been working on the last several years...dusting off the golden nuggets and polishing the old turds. Eventually have enough to pick and choose and/or a multi-volume series...
Will be interesting to find out the true story behind all this, and how or if it will have an affect on the new album they've been supposedly working on for eons...again, a possibility some maybe were intended for a new album?
Whatever the case, seems a nice way to celebrate their 60th anniversary early, and with a treasure trove of more material supposedly coming soon, the celebration will continue for quite some time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 03:34 by Hairball.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: March 9, 2021 05:20

I don't really get the title of this thread.

And what is the title of the download?

There's nothing difficult about "Fully Finished
Studio Outtakes", but what is the "On Hot Stuff"
part?

"Hot Stuff" is a song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 05:22 by Chacho.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 9, 2021 05:30

Hot Stuff is the title
of the Buy--Sell--Trade site here on IORR ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 9, 2021 05:35

I was half paying attention when I first heard it two days ago, but is Fiji Jim about Jimi Hendrix? I heard a line about a wah pedal.

I’ll have to revisit that one.

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: March 9, 2021 06:47

I also bought one on eBay for the same price. Seller is located in Italy and has very good ratings.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 9, 2021 08:38

Hairball
Taylor1

Some seem more complete than others, and there's some good, bad, and ugly...not all are perfect, and some stink...warts and all, and that's part of the charm....a treasure chest filled with both gemstones and dirt clods
Surely there could be some more work put in to some of these, but maybe there's been just enough work to include them as extras or works in progress, etc/ ala the Beatles Anthology series or as bonus tracks some day.
Someone could cobble together a Tattoo You II type album out of these and have it presented as a full new album, but not sure it would have been done by Mick and the Stones to be released as an official new album.
Then again, maybe this is partially what they've been working on the last several years...dusting off the golden nuggets and polishing the old turds. Eventually have enough to pick and choose and/or a multi-volume series...
Will be interesting to find out the true story behind all this, and how or if it will have an affect on the new album they've been supposedly working on for eons...again, a possibility some maybe were intended for a new album?
Whatever the case, seems a nice way to celebrate their 60th anniversary early, and with a treasure trove of more material supposedly coming soon, the celebration will continue for quite some time.

They have a tons of good outtakes/unfinished tracks and maybe other hidden gems.
This bootleg proves it once again!
I really don't understand why they have never evaluated to publish another album a la Tattoo You with the best 10/12 (reworked or completed) tracks from previous sessions.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 9, 2021 09:39

In my opinion most of the tracks are finished and I like them.
Only a few songs sound unfinished, for example 20 Nill.

Date: March 9, 2021 10:08

Degsy
DandelionPowderman
Degsy

Ebay

I’ve looked on there but can’t seem to find it?

Checked again - looks like it's sold out: [www.ebay.com]

You'll have to settle with flac-files or mp3 for now, it seems..

Date: March 9, 2021 10:10

NilsHolgersson
schillid
NilsHolgersson

Account terminated...

Just curious...

Due to multiple copyright strikes associated with the videos below, your YouTube account has now been disabled:
Takedown issued by: IFPILondon

Not just Universal, then, but the really big boys - International Federation of the Phonographic Industry...

Date: March 9, 2021 10:12

fzv98d
Where is the link to download? Thanks.

It's in the headline! Go to Hot Stuff. You'll find it there.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home