Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 8, 2021 12:51

gotdablouse
A lot of good points here but leaking 50 tracks on purpose ? No way, if they had wanted to leak something to "promote" an upcoming release it would have been a tracklist with 50 songs and a couple of tracks maybe, everyone here would be even more excited by now !

Yeah, so true, and it sounds crazy way to promote anything, but who knows about marketing strategies nowadays (there was some interesting article about U2's bootleg affairs and of a dying state of record business in one of these outtakes threads). I know nothing, but if I am able to find some rationale in this it might go along the following lines:

1. The big deal and the main article (in terms of money) is the physical release. People will buy the product in physical form (together with extra material, photos, a book and whatever) no matter if they got it in digital form. From the point of view of record company, there is no real money in 'pure' online/digital business for any of these catalogue artists (if the question is not of their old evergreen classics). Add there the 'lossygate' (in which I and my poor ears are on your side, gotdablousegrinning smiley) - for the audiophiles, the best thing sonicwise is still to come... Like we have seen here, many are thinking that 'oh man I want to have this great material in proper, lossless form...' so this leaking generates true interest in a way just giving the titles wouldn't. The bottom line must be: leaking it free will not hurt future sales, quite the contrary (besides, when the stuff actually is released officially people would get it 'free' anyway if they want.)

2. Even there is no real money in online business for such a vaults relaese by a catalogue artist, there still is something (which is not the case with free/illegal downloading that cannot be prevented anyway). And as far as online business in general goes, the record companies are greedy like hell (naturally, since their future, and most of presence, lies there). That's why the youtube tracks were omitted quickly. They think that any of those cents should go to the pockets of Universal. This is also a sign that they will release the tracks officially - of the other bootleg stuff (youtube is full of) they don't give a shit. But this material 'belongs' to them.

And extra observation (and correct me if all of it is bullshit):

3. Isn't the Japanese bootleg company supposedly releasing the stuff something created just for this project (that is, not heard before)? And, if I have understood right, releasing the actual CDs is now prevented/cancelled? Can the whole thing be just a hoax?grinning smiley

But yeah, just trying to make some sense out of all this... But end up sounding like some damn conspirary theorist haha....

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 13:06 by Doxa.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 8, 2021 13:57

I just don't understand the hold up of releasing this stuff officially. Sure, many of us are second or third generation fans but their very core fan base (lets' say people that were 20 years old around 1970 - kind of a midpoint between their earliest music and "Some Girls") would mean a high portion of their fans are already 70 years old and their fans that were 18 years old when "Satisfaction" cane out are about 75. We're not going to be able to wait around too much longer, LOL

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:12

Doxa

3. Isn't the Japanese bootleg company supposedly releasing the stuff something created just for this project (that is, not heard before)? And, if I have understood right, releasing the actual CDs is now prevented/cancelled? Can the whole thing be just a hoax?grinning smiley

But yeah, just trying to make some sense out of all this... But end up sounding like some damn conspirary theorist haha....

- Doxa

The bootleg company planning the physical release could be part of the "threat" to bring the band to the table to discuss getting this stuff out? IDK but the fact that there's now no physical bootleg release suggests to me the threat might have worked.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:14

Sorry if it's already been posted, but iorr and some of you guys are famous!

EDIT: sorry, yes, it's already been posted...

As you were.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 14:15 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:18

I am listening to these songs over and over again the last days. And they are so greaaaaat. Christmas came early this year!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:27

NilsHolgersson
STONES UNTURNED Treasure trove of 50 unreleased Rolling Stones songs mysteriously emerges online

[www.thesun.ie]

Apparently 500 actual factory-pressed CDs have been pressed costing around £50 each for the 3CD release.

Hockenheim95 wrote: “this stuff is soooooooooooo amazing! in this stunning quality it must have been stolen from the digital archives of the rolling stones.

Mathijs wrote: “It’s fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues.”

U2Stonesfans wrote: “I do not see how the band could not be in on this release somehow. Or they have a thief with access to the vault amongst their inner circle. This stuff is fantastic!. I’m dedicating my day to listening to this gem of a release!”

Deardoctor wrote: “This is really D-day for us collectors. So great. What an amazing sound quality!”

Cristiano Radtke wrote: “Event of the year and THE best Stones bootleg in years. Many many thanks to all the people involved.”

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones declined to comment.

thumbs up

As I have said many times before: The Sun is the best newspaper in the world. Better than the New York Times. Great newspaper. True quality newspaper.

Mathijs

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:32

For my two cents' worth, someone high up the chain had CDs with these pretty much finished tracks - in order to help select extras for future archive releases.

I think the Stones have probably had someone compiling everything that is unreleased and of suitable quality to eventually put out.

Either that person had the CDs stolen or was instrumental in passing them on to the bootlegger. I think someone hacking into the Stones' archive is far-fetched as is the notion that UMG or the Stones putting them out themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 18:02 by Silver Dagger.

Date: March 8, 2021 14:34

Mathijs
NilsHolgersson
STONES UNTURNED Treasure trove of 50 unreleased Rolling Stones songs mysteriously emerges online

[www.thesun.ie]

Apparently 500 actual factory-pressed CDs have been pressed costing around £50 each for the 3CD release.

Hockenheim95 wrote: “this stuff is soooooooooooo amazing! in this stunning quality it must have been stolen from the digital archives of the rolling stones.

Mathijs wrote: “It’s fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues.”

U2Stonesfans wrote: “I do not see how the band could not be in on this release somehow. Or they have a thief with access to the vault amongst their inner circle. This stuff is fantastic!. I’m dedicating my day to listening to this gem of a release!”

Deardoctor wrote: “This is really D-day for us collectors. So great. What an amazing sound quality!”

Cristiano Radtke wrote: “Event of the year and THE best Stones bootleg in years. Many many thanks to all the people involved.”

thumbs up

As I have said many times before: The Sun is the best newspaper in the world. Better than the New York Times. Great newspaper. True quality newspaper.

Mathijs

LOL smiling smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:36

Mathijs
NilsHolgersson

[www.thesun.ie]

thumbs up

Mathijs

I'm offended they didn't say anything about my YouTube channel getting banned

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:39

dandelion1967
Curtis meets Smokey defintely is from the same sessions of Jamming with Edward. 110% Nicky on piano. Ry Cooder on guitar. Listen to "Higland fling". Jagger noodling on vocals is the same too.

Yes, I agree.

Mathijs

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:49

Father Ted
IDK but the fact that there's now no physical bootleg release suggests to me the threat might have worked.

What ? There were apparently 500 3xCD packages sold (102 alone by one reseller on eBay) so I'm not sure what you mean ? It's been said that more copies on the way too, although with the "noise" that's been generated that may change...Even if it's not by the same "label" there have been links to a release being prepared by another "label", Mayflower I think.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:55

From the Irish Sun:

[www.thesun.ie]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:57

I'm sorry you had your channel nuked, Nils. That's gotta hurt. Hopefully this all shakes out and is okay in the end.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 8, 2021 15:16

Rank Stranger
From the Irish Sun:

[www.thesun.ie]

With comments from iorr members

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 8, 2021 15:33

NilsHolgersson
Mathijs
NilsHolgersson

[www.thesun.ie]

thumbs up

Mathijs

I'm offended they didn't say anything about my YouTube channel getting banned

You're right Nils.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 8, 2021 15:38

Now Made in EU but with Japanese OBI in jewel case from Mayflower.

[/url]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 8, 2021 15:39

gotdablouse
Father Ted
IDK but the fact that there's now no physical bootleg release suggests to me the threat might have worked.

What ? There were apparently 500 3xCD packages sold (102 alone by one reseller on eBay) so I'm not sure what you mean ? It's been said that more copies on the way too, although with the "noise" that's been generated that may change...

Would be fun if after vol.1-3 being sold as CC titles (which they're not) vol.4-6 would be designed to imitate the look of the DAC releases...

The #195 #196 slots in the DAC catalogue are free. That would confuse even more the record label's or the band's bloodhounds.
"- Who's behind these CDs? You got an idea?
- No! And you?" >grinning smiley<

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 17:38 by dcba.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 8, 2021 15:42

ironbelly
Now Made in EU but with Japanese OBI in jewel case from Mayflower.

[/url]

Now the song titles are even more messed up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2021 15:45

Why not, they're likely going to be looking for ideas to get UMG off their track ;-)

muenke
A few month ago - I think it was in context with the GHS-Deluxe release ?!? - there was talk about some "big" vault release or kind of such a "online project" coming up (or somehing like that). Does anyone remember? This bootleg-release could be part of this.

Can't remember that, no.

I do remember "Rocky Dijon" mentioning a "Get off My Cloud" idea floated by Dave Stewart I think where all of Mick's unused songs would have been available to stream/download, that was a while back though.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: March 8, 2021 15:59

gotdablouse
Why not, they're likely going to be looking for ideas to get UMG off their track ;-)

muenke
A few month ago - I think it was in context with the GHS-Deluxe release ?!? - there was talk about some "big" vault release or kind of such a "online project" coming up (or somehing like that). Does anyone remember? This bootleg-release could be part of this.

Can't remember that, no.

I do remember "Rocky Dijon" mentioning a "Get off My Cloud" idea floated by Dave Stewart I think where all of Mick's unused songs would have been available to stream/download, that was a while back though.

I also don't remember that, but there are these "experience the Rolling Stones" interactive album sites that have been started in context with the GHS deluxe.

(btw. I found it intriguing that they used many outtake song titles flashing by on the screens during the song vote on the last legs of the no filter tour. Always wondered who decided for a list with many outtakes on it instead of just all the released ones)

Date: March 8, 2021 16:26

Are the songs already available on spotify? I found a playlist to the songs on spotify, but it's empty.. anyone else?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2021 16:38

Otis Redding "I've Got Dreams To Remember"

[www.youtube.com]

Delbert McClinton's live version:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 8, 2021 16:39

RG
Are the songs already available on spotify? I found a playlist to the songs on spotify, but it's empty.. anyone else?

Any user can create a playlist, even one that’s aspirational. But if the content is not licensed to Spotify — and these tracks very definitely are not — the playlist will only exist in your imagination.

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2021 16:56

50 unreleased Rolling Stones tracks have suddenly appeared online. Why? And how?

Alan Cross
March 8, 2021

Over the weekend, 50 unreleased Rolling Stones songs stretching back over almost 60 years appeared online. No one seems to know where they came from, either.

The collection goes by the name Fully Finished Studio Outtakes and the songs are spread out over three CDs. The tracks include material with founder Brian Jones back in the 60s, tracks with Mick Taylor in the 70s, and stuff recorded with Ronnie Wood. The audio quality is astounding, too. Any of the songs is release-ready.

There are some theories about what’s going on. First, it was a hacker attack on some online repository of Stones material. Second (and much more likely), this was a leak of some sort by an insider. And third, this is secret pre-emptive leak by the rightsholder(s) of these songs in an effort to extend copyright of what were formerly unreleased bootlegs.

One of the most fascinating songs is a version of “It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll” featuring Ronnie Wood before he joined the band along with David Bowie. Both Ronnie and Bowie were erased from the final release–Bowie because of some weird contractual conflicts.

Some of the songs are brand new to even veteran Stonesologists: “Hands Off,” “Curtis Meets Smokey,” “Troubles A-Coming,” “20 Nil” and “Every Time I Break Her Heart.”

It appears that 500 factory-fresh CDs were pressed and are selling for £50. I’m guessing that they’re already gone.

No official response from The Stones yet.

[www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com]

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 8, 2021 17:00

Mathijs
NilsHolgersson

[www.thesun.ie]

thumbs up

Mathijs

It’s not hard to be better than the New York Times!

Date: March 8, 2021 17:01

These outtakes aren’t fully finished, there are many “vowel movements” to be heard.

Date: March 8, 2021 17:06

MelBelli
Taylor1
Is Walk with Me Taylor and Richards on guitars or Richards /Jagger.And the piano sounds like Nicky Hopkins

Definitely Nicky, and definitely Taylor ... his part is super-cool. The way Mick is pushing his voice, sounds like 69-71. I think it's Keith doing the lead fills.

I was just about to say I think Taylor is on this one!

Date: March 8, 2021 17:13

Mathijs
Taylor1
The Rolling Stones Complete Works lists Curtis along with songs So Fine , Old Glory as coming from April 1969 sessions.Maube it’s Brian or Ry Cooder on guitar.I’m sure Brian played guitar on some songs during the Let it Bleed sessions just as a last effort by Mick and Keith to see if he could still function in the band

It's absolutely not Jones on guitar, no way he could play this kind of stuff. It's not the style of Keith. It could be Ry Cooder, but I don't know of any song where he plays this kind of style. Dave Mason was around as well, as was Taj Mahal, as was Jesse Ed Davis, as was Clapton.

Mathijs

Sounds like Black & Blue/Tattoo You Jagger. Probably Perkins on guitar here.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 8, 2021 17:20

NilsHolgersson

[www.thesun.ie]

thumbs up

Not only did I dedicate my day to listening to this release, I think I have dedicated the last 5 days to this release!smileys with beer

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 8, 2021 17:26

Is there a final, mostly agreed upon list of dates for these tracks yet?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home