Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2021 02:19

NilsHolgersson
deardoctor
NilsHolgersson
mickboy
YouTube account and channel has been pulled by universal!

Yeah mine too! Not even a warning! Sad..

Well, you uploaded music you don't owe any copyrights..

Well I guess I just made the Biggest Mistake

That's what happens when you Commit A Crime.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 8, 2021 02:52

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
gustavobala
DandelionPowderman
gustavobala
this sounds are cool, mick solo is better than 99% from musics today

quality excelent! thanxs

This is The Stones, not Mick.

you´re right, but the first 7 musics i still think are from mick´s solo

The first 7 musics? Tracks? Some of those are known Stones tracks from other bootlegs. ONE song might be Mick solo, methinks.

Nobody's Perfect? ... that would be my guess, sort of has a Hard Woman vibe.

Or a Primitive Coll, "Say You Will" vibe.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 8, 2021 02:59

Lynd8
My new bumper sticker:

Our band's outtakes are better than your Band's finished product!

thumbs up

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2021 03:34

YouTube account of user Niels terminated.
just sayin' ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2021 04:10

Yep ... the whip's comin down ...
Charlie's not happy with all this

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 8, 2021 04:19

I am being led to understand there is a repressing happening right now. Due shortly from the Japan "fan club".

jb

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2021 04:36

This genie is already out of the bottle

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 8, 2021 07:59

schillid
YouTube account of user Niels terminated.
just sayin' ...

He must be a Desperate Man by now

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 8, 2021 09:29

wonderboy
They really needed (still do) a producer. All those good ideas and many of them not fully developed.

But they – mostly Mick – have already gone to great lengths in "producing" songs with new vocals and stuff for the Deluxe issues. What they need, in my opinion, is a different kind of producer who knows the historical value of these songs (and the live recordings!) and release them like Dylan's Bootleg Series or Neil Young's archival stuff.

Even if it's a lot of fun, the Stones' outtakes releases are so messy.

Date: March 8, 2021 09:38

STONES UNTURNED Treasure trove of 50 unreleased Rolling Stones songs mysteriously emerges online

[www.thesun.ie]

Apparently 500 actual factory-pressed CDs have been pressed costing around £50 each for the 3CD release.

Hockenheim95 wrote: “this stuff is soooooooooooo amazing! in this stunning quality it must have been stolen from the digital archives of the rolling stones.

Mathijs wrote: “It’s fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues.”

U2Stonesfans wrote: “I do not see how the band could not be in on this release somehow. Or they have a thief with access to the vault amongst their inner circle. This stuff is fantastic!. I’m dedicating my day to listening to this gem of a release!”

Deardoctor wrote: “This is really D-day for us collectors. So great. What an amazing sound quality!”

Cristiano Radtke wrote: “Event of the year and THE best Stones bootleg in years. Many many thanks to all the people involved.”

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones declined to comment.

thumbs up

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: March 8, 2021 09:56

mickboy
YEAH BAYBEE!!!!
mickboy
Well,howdy there dear Mickboy!

Date: March 8, 2021 10:06

NilsHolgersson
STONES UNTURNED Treasure trove of 50 unreleased Rolling Stones songs mysteriously emerges online

[www.thesun.ie]

Apparently 500 actual factory-pressed CDs have been pressed costing around £50 each for the 3CD release.

Hockenheim95 wrote: “this stuff is soooooooooooo amazing! in this stunning quality it must have been stolen from the digital archives of the rolling stones.

Mathijs wrote: “It’s fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues.”

U2Stonesfans wrote: “I do not see how the band could not be in on this release somehow. Or they have a thief with access to the vault amongst their inner circle. This stuff is fantastic!. I’m dedicating my day to listening to this gem of a release!”

Deardoctor wrote: “This is really D-day for us collectors. So great. What an amazing sound quality!”

Cristiano Radtke wrote: “Event of the year and THE best Stones bootleg in years. Many many thanks to all the people involved.”

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones declined to comment.

thumbs up

grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 8, 2021 10:31

jahisnotdead
deardoctor

The basic question as I see it is: Is this stuff planned for release or not? If so, when? It's been sitting in the vault for decades. Either it's stuff left on the cutting room floor and no different than garbage for them, or it's valuable property that they intend to sell someday. Apparently they decided the latter, which is their right. It's their stuff.

But it is so incredibly frustrating and contradictory. I hate living in this middle ground. It does not make any sense. This material is so valuable to them that they are shutting down YouTube channels, yet it's NOT so valuable to them as to be worthy of an official release at any time in the last twenty years? What exactly are they waiting for? This wasn't deemed worthy enough for release at the time it was created, nor for the 40th or 50th anniversaries, nor for bonus additions to the deluxe album re-issues. So what ARE they waiting for? The 100th anniversary? 200th?

It's clear now that over the past few decades the Stones could have easily cobbled together two or even three more really good albums out of the material here. But they didn't.

Either they couldn't finish the songs, or they didn't like the final recordings of the songs they were able to finish. But they also don't want to release the unfinished versions. And they don't want anyone to bootleg the unfinished versions, or the finished versions that had already been rejected multiple times, because... they're valuable to them and they might want to release them someday?

Again, it's their stuff and it's their right to decide what to do with it as they please. I get that. But, if these tracks are valuable, they should release them officially. What's the holdup? Fans of classic rock acts aren't exactly part of a growth industry. The contemporary fans to whom the Stones mean the most are growing old and wouldn't mind hearing a little more Rolling Stones music before they die. But apparently the Stones and UMG think that there are going to be a lot more Stones fans in 2022? Or in 2032? Or are they saving all this stuff for the really big anniversary in 2062? Why not save it all for the 2162 anniversary then? There's sure to be tons of Stones fans ready to buy all these unfinished, thrice rejected tracks.

In my opinion they should either officially release it if they think it has worth, or let people listen to it if they've deemed it to be cutting-room floor garbage. All of this stuff - make no mistake - has been rejected multiple times for official release. So who could blame any fan for thinking that the Stones and UMG consider these tracks trash? If it's treasure for them, let us buy it. Again, my question for the record company and the band: what is the hold up?

I think along the lines of MickBoy above that there it is a positive sign that Universal is shooting down the youtube videos: there is an official release to come. Actually the first thought that occurred to me when I started listening the material and when fully realized the whole quality and quantity of the stuff: this is not a 'normal bootleg'. And: this exactly is the way to present the out-takes from the past. Forget trying to fit them as bonus tracks to deluxe editions of albums (a'la they have done) or tie them to a certain time frame (a'la Dylan has done) but just put them all out in a random order and let the quantity speak! Add there Mickboy's estimation in dollars for each such physical release (box), and we have a winner right there.

But you raised some damn good questions. First of all, why now - not earlier?

My answer is that there was no need for it earlier. No commercially or artisticwise. Like they was not need for any deluxe edition of past's albums with bonus material prior 2010. The Stones were able make great record deals - and an on-going career - without 'opening the vaults' until 2008 when they made the contract with Universal (which was renewed 2018). Before the Universal one the deals were based on re-releasing the old catalogue with a promise of new albums in the horizon. Now - or from 2008 on - the latter part of the deal has changed. We have seen the vaults been opened in multiply forms under the umbrella of UMG (we've been so used to it - and complain each and every of them - that we probably don't even remember what is was still like in, say, 2009 when even the idea of Mick going even near of vaults was unthinkable...)

For the Stones the outtake material in question has only a mediate value (forget any artistic value or measure): to keep the record company happy. To offer them something releasable and thereby fill their part of the deal. For the record company, a couple boxes of out-takes from the past is exactly a kind of thing that works in today's market. Face it, it is only diehards and collectors that buy physical products any longer (be them any like), and give them a fancy box and no matter what it costs they will buy it. Not that big money in it any longer for sure, but still enough to keep the business going on I guess (for another ten years or something - but we know that the clock is ticking). In a way we live the heyday of diehard fands and collectors and completists - never before people like us being so strongly targeted by record companies (we keep the physical side of the business alive), and they surely try to milk any cent out of our pockets...

Were the Stones over-all late in this archives business? Probably for a couple of years, but generally I wouldn't be so sure. Would the people have bought such expensive boxes back in the 90's as they do now? What had been the interest actually for any METAMORPHOSIS type of album when everybody was still releasing - and expected to release - new CDs and those were selling in huge quantities? Even such a treasure like ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS was a commercial failure back in 1992. Now anything from the great past is valuable and - by today's standards - will do if served nicely. So in a way the Stones have been clever or lucky - be it purposeful or not - by keeping their vaults closed for so long. Now is their payday for it... But that probably is the last ace in their pockets they have...

I wouldn't be surprised if MickBoy's speculation about the material being leaked has been done in purpose by Universal holds true. To pressure the Stones or/and as an early marketing trick to wake up the market...

- Doxa

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 10:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: March 8, 2021 10:34

Great to hear from Mickboy. Rush releasing a boxed set sounds like a good idea. But will Jagger go into the studio and finish the vocals? Those of us in this parish are used to hearing his 'vowel movements' but these songs need properly sung lyrics before they are released into an unsuspecting world winking smiley

Date: March 8, 2021 10:42

The digital EP's they do release are really silly.. Heartbreak, Love, R&B, Rock, Rainbow, etc.. they could make those EP's way more interesting if they'd put a bootleg track on those releases

Date: March 8, 2021 11:07

NilsHolgersson
The digital EP's they do release are really silly.. Heartbreak, Love, R&B, Rock, Rainbow, etc.. they could make those EP's way more interesting if they'd put a bootleg track on those releases

I guess the only point of those "EPs" is to gather attention and clicks to the tracks in question. Pure digital age marketing. Cost them nothing...

But let me thank "Niels" for the youtube tracks as long as they lasted. I had a pleasure to play those to my friends during the weekend and them - nothing Stones fans in particular - were impressed how strong the tracks were. The consensus was that lesser acts could have made a career out of them...

- Doxa

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 8, 2021 11:17

I'll definitely buy this if they do an official release.

The pandemic may well have generated a very strong business case to release this material earlier rather than later, especially if touring revenues are projected to be low to nil for the next year at least.

Date: March 8, 2021 11:20

Doxa
NilsHolgersson

I guess the only point of those "EPs" is to gather attention and clicks to the tracks in question. Pure digital age marketing. Cost them nothing...

But let me thank "Niels" for the youtube tracks as long as they lasted. I had a pleasure to play those to my friends during the weekend and them - nothing Stones fans in particular - were impressed how strong the tracks were. The consensus was that lesser acts could have made a career out of them...

- Doxa

Yeah.. I wished they'd have given a warning first to remove those tracks.. they instantly deleted the whole account.. well it was worth the fun thumbs up

Date: March 8, 2021 11:27

Doxa
jahisnotdead
deardoctor

The basic question as I see it is: Is this stuff planned for release or not? If so, when? It's been sitting in the vault for decades. Either it's stuff left on the cutting room floor and no different than garbage for them, or it's valuable property that they intend to sell someday. Apparently they decided the latter, which is their right. It's their stuff.

But it is so incredibly frustrating and contradictory. I hate living in this middle ground. It does not make any sense. This material is so valuable to them that they are shutting down YouTube channels, yet it's NOT so valuable to them as to be worthy of an official release at any time in the last twenty years? What exactly are they waiting for? This wasn't deemed worthy enough for release at the time it was created, nor for the 40th or 50th anniversaries, nor for bonus additions to the deluxe album re-issues. So what ARE they waiting for? The 100th anniversary? 200th?

It's clear now that over the past few decades the Stones could have easily cobbled together two or even three more really good albums out of the material here. But they didn't.

Either they couldn't finish the songs, or they didn't like the final recordings of the songs they were able to finish. But they also don't want to release the unfinished versions. And they don't want anyone to bootleg the unfinished versions, or the finished versions that had already been rejected multiple times, because... they're valuable to them and they might want to release them someday?

Again, it's their stuff and it's their right to decide what to do with it as they please. I get that. But, if these tracks are valuable, they should release them officially. What's the holdup? Fans of classic rock acts aren't exactly part of a growth industry. The contemporary fans to whom the Stones mean the most are growing old and wouldn't mind hearing a little more Rolling Stones music before they die. But apparently the Stones and UMG think that there are going to be a lot more Stones fans in 2022? Or in 2032? Or are they saving all this stuff for the really big anniversary in 2062? Why not save it all for the 2162 anniversary then? There's sure to be tons of Stones fans ready to buy all these unfinished, thrice rejected tracks.

In my opinion they should either officially release it if they think it has worth, or let people listen to it if they've deemed it to be cutting-room floor garbage. All of this stuff - make no mistake - has been rejected multiple times for official release. So who could blame any fan for thinking that the Stones and UMG consider these tracks trash? If it's treasure for them, let us buy it. Again, my question for the record company and the band: what is the hold up?

I think along the lines of MickBoy above that there it is a positive sign that Universal is shooting down the youtube videos: there is an official release to come. Actually the first thought that occurred to me when I started listening the material and when fully realized the whole quality and quantity of the stuff: this is not a 'normal bootleg'. And: this exactly is the way to present the out-takes from the past. Forget trying to fit them as bonus tracks to deluxe editions of albums (a'la they have done) or tie them to a certain time frame (a'la Dylan has done) but just put them all out in a random order and let the quantity speak! Add there Mickboy's estimation in dollars for each such physical release (box), and we have a winner right there.

But you raised some damn good questions. First of all, why now - not earlier?

My answer is that there was no need for it earlier. No commercially or artisticwise. Like they was not need for any deluxe edition of past's albums with bonus material prior 2010. The Stones were able make great record deals - and an on-going career - without 'opening the vaults' until 2008 when they made the contract with Universal (which was renewed 2018). Before the Universal one the deals were based on re-releasing the old catalogue with a promise of new albums in the horizon. Now - or from 2008 on - the latter part of the deal has changed. We have seen the vaults been opened in multiply forms under the umbrella of UMG (we've been so used to it - and complain each and every of them - that we probably don't even remember what is was still like in, say, 2009 when even the idea of Mick going even near of vaults was unthinkable...)

For the Stones the outtake material in question has only a mediate value (forget any artistic value or measure): to keep the record company happy. To offer them something releasable and thereby fill their part of the deal. For the record company, a couple boxes of out-takes from the past is exactly a kind of thing that works in today's market. Face it, it is only diehards and collectors that buy physical products any longer (be them any like), and give them a fancy box and no matter what it costs they will buy it. Not that big money in it any longer for sure, but still enough to keep the business going on I guess (for another ten years or something - but we know that the clock is ticking). In a way we live the heyday of diehard fands and collectors and completists - never before people like us being so strongly targeted by record companies (we keep the physical side of the business alive), and they surely try to milk any cent out of our pockets...

Were the Stones over-all late in this archives business? Probably for a couple of years, but generally I wouldn't be so sure. Would the people have bought such expensive boxes back in the 90's as they do now? What had been the interest actually for any METAMORPHOSIS type of album when everybody was still releasing - and expected to release - new CDs and those were selling in huge quantities? Even such a treasure like ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS was a commercial failure back in 1992. Now anything from the great past is valuable and - by today's standards - will do if served nicely. So in a way the Stones have been clever or lucky - be it purposeful or not - by keeping their vaults closed for so long. Now is their payday for it... But that probably is the last ace in their pockets they have...

I wouldn't be surprised if MickBoy's speculation about the material being leaked has been done in purpose by Universal holds true. To pressure the Stones or/and as an early marketing trick to wake up the market...

- Doxa

I could envisage them being part of more elaborate box set archive release...Not just CDs/vinyl but DVD too...now wouldn't that be a real treat?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 8, 2021 11:27

Now they must work on these outtakes and UMG must publish it!!
The die is cast!

Date: March 8, 2021 11:30

NilsHolgersson

Yeah.. I wished they'd have given a warning first to remove those tracks.. they instantly deleted the whole account.. well it was worth the fun thumbs up

Sorry to hear about your account. But oh man, your effort was truely appreciated here!smileys with beer

- Doxa

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2021 11:34

A lot of good points here but leaking 50 tracks on purpose ? No way, if they had wanted to leak something to "promote" an upcoming release it would have been a tracklist with 50 songs and a couple of tracks maybe, everyone here would be even more excited by now !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 8, 2021 11:42

Father Ted

I could envisage them being part of more elaborate box set archive release...Not just CDs/vinyl but DVD too...now wouldn't that be a real treat?

Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is some sort of 'bigger bang' to come since there is the 60th Anniversary lurking not far in future. They surely have plans to take care of that big time. But like you mentioned in your other post, the corona might have changed their plans and they are urged to release it/something earlier. Now when everyone is just sitting home and doing nothing is a great moment to release music...

- Doxa

Date: March 8, 2021 11:43

Doxa
NilsHolgersson

Sorry to hear about your account. But oh man, your effort was truely appreciated here!smileys with beer

- Doxa

I don't know if Nils uploaded everything, but if he did there were also officially released tracks in there. Hence it's easy for Universal to get accounts deleted.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 8, 2021 11:46

gotdablouse
A lot of good points here but leaking 50 tracks on purpose ? No way, if they had wanted to leak something to "promote" an upcoming release it would have been a tracklist with 50 songs and a couple of tracks maybe, everyone here would be even more excited by now !

Agreed!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 8, 2021 11:48

Doxa
NilsHolgersson

- Doxa

Many thanks Nils smileys with beer

Date: March 8, 2021 12:06

Doxa
Father Ted

Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is some sort of 'bigger bang' to come since there is the 60th Anniversary lurking not far in future. They surely have plans to take care of that big time. But like you mentioned in your other post, the corona might have changed their plans and they are urged to release it/something earlier. Now when everyone is just sitting home and doing nothing is a great moment to release music...

- Doxa

I agree. I think it's the perfect time to stoke up interest in the band. Every big artist is going to need some kind of "bigger bang" to kickstart the engine again.

Date: March 8, 2021 12:14

I don't think Jagger would release a song called I tried to talk her into it nowadays.. And I tried to drink her into it, one, one sweet night of love.. he doesn't want to be the next #metoo cancellation

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 8, 2021 12:32

It really seems that this cd is not just bootlegs of old recordings, but something they are working on, otherwise it would not explain the excellent quality, but also the finishing they have achieved.
As a fan I'm happy to have had access to them, however I think something happened ... because it's curious how they came out.
All this bodes well ...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 8, 2021 12:43

A few month ago - I think it was in context with the GHS-Deluxe release ?!? - there was talk about some "big" vault release or kind of such a "online project" coming up (or somehing like that). Does anyone remember? This bootleg-release could be part of this.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home