Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 4, 2021 21:33

Thank you so much for posting that I loved it! Do you think that’s really Ronnie and David Bowie on background vocals? I thought the original version was all acoustic but either Keith or Ron are playing electric guitar on it. Any guesses and thanks again

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 4, 2021 21:35

NilsHolgersson
donvis
Can someone please post that IORR track? I’ve been waiting to hear that for 47 years!

Here you go ol' buddy ol' pal

Thank you so much! Loved it!!!

Posted by: Freebird1959 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 21:40

NilsHolgersson

I put one on YouTube, let's see if the copyright hits me

Anybody seen my baby..............

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 4, 2021 21:50

I wonder if that's the version of "Juiced" that Keith famously had in his trunk? There are techno touches, but then, the Dust Brothers did say Mick brought it to them already sounding like they had produced it.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 4, 2021 22:11

Trouble's A Coming a right gem as well!! Dreams To Remember with that ER voice! YEAH!!!!hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-04 22:12 by MadMax.

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 22:24

donvis
Thank you so much for posting that I loved it! Do you think that’s really Ronnie and David Bowie on background vocals? I thought the original version was all acoustic but either Keith or Ron are playing electric guitar on it. Any guesses and thanks again

Pretty sure about Ronnie singing backup, and not 100% sure bout Bowie, but I think its him.

Sounds as Ronnie described it in 1982 (from timeisoneurside's track talk):
"two guitars - Mick and I - and Mick singing lead vocal and David Bowie and myself on backup vocals. Then I overdubbed the rest of the instruments last and it sounded like a good demo. So the next night, we wanted to put it in a more presentable shape so we got hold of Kenny Jones who plays the drums on the actual record. Ah... I ended up with just my acoustic guitar that I laid originally. Keith replaced - RIGHTLY SO - the guitars that I'd done electrically."

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 4, 2021 22:27

I'm loving the Smoke on the Water crunch of Deep Love!

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 4, 2021 22:27

I'm trying to digest here, 10 at a time, so far I love "She's Doing Her Thing"

Date: March 4, 2021 22:28

Man, and who said that the archives were basically empty!?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 4, 2021 22:41

A lot of nice stuff here, but to me the standout right now is the jam on Otis Redding's "I've Got Dreams To Remember"

Date: March 4, 2021 22:43

'Dog Shit' is a lot of fun. Yes, I know it's basically Soul Survivor, but it's so joyous, so coked-up, an early eighties technicolour fun through of SS. Love it!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 22:54

Is Mick Taylor on any of the tracks which were are new

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 4, 2021 22:54

I'm loving these B2B-era Keith vocal tracks. They remind me of Love Is Strong, YGMR, Sparks -- gives you a sense of how Mick can takes cues from Keith on melody and lyrics. They're not really 50/50. More like 85% Keith, in these cases.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 4, 2021 23:09

Listening to IORR again. Who came up with the title of the song? Mick or Ron? One of the great if not the greatest phrase/title in rock music.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: March 5, 2021 00:22

While listening to those great outtakes of the Stones, I realize that the last step of the process the editing is, most of the time, crucial to turning those recordings with great potential into songs that will stick into our memories. By editing I mean the addition of the words and make the songs more concise.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: March 5, 2021 00:31

Built that Way: really great. The lead guitar doesn't sound like Keith or Ron. An american player maybe?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 5, 2021 00:33

rollmops
Listening to IORR again. Who came up with the title of the song? Mick or Ron? One of the great if not the greatest phrase/title in rock music.
Rockandroll,
Mops

I like to think Ronnie did, it's just his life's motto: it's only rock & roll, but I like it, and he's just enjoying it

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 5, 2021 00:41

DandelionPowderman
The intro on Flip The Switch was interesting!

Yup Voodoo the cat stepped on Keith's pedalboard in the studio, hence the strange noises at the beginning of the take!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 5, 2021 01:07

Freebird1959
NilsHolgersson

Anybody seen my baby..............

Good point ! So probably from the B2B sessions and they were too similar so they kept the more commercial one. I prefer this one though (maybe because it's new, hehe), to me it's the highlight of the set.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2021 01:19

NilsHolgersson

a big thank you for uploading these and to everyone who has shared the wetransfer files, making them available to everyone. Greatly appreciated.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 5, 2021 03:19

There's some amazing stuff on here, wow. I'm really enjoying it.

Date: March 5, 2021 03:55

Is "She's Doing Her Thing" a cover? Anyone guess when it was recorded?

Date: March 5, 2021 04:18

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE? AFTER THE EXTRA BONUS CD'S OF RECENT YEARS... How can such 'new' amazing stuff still be available? and in pristine condition! How is this possible? Do you realize that the bottom of the barrel of any Stones recording session is still great? Of course you do! We all do! Why did not the Stones simply release this to us? why? why? why? THEORIES?

Date: March 5, 2021 05:04

HopeYouGuessMyName
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE? AFTER THE EXTRA BONUS CD'S OF RECENT YEARS... How can such 'new' amazing stuff still be available? and in pristine condition! How is this possible? Do you realize that the bottom of the barrel of any Stones recording session is still great? Of course you do! We all do! Why did not the Stones simply release this to us? why? why? why? THEORIES?

I don't know, that's a great question. I would have paid for this. I can't imagine where it came from, or who had access to all of this. It's kind of unbelievable that we have this at all, much less for free, much less this much of it. It sounds insane, but maybe it was intentionally leaked by someone on the inside?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 5, 2021 05:26

marko
Dog shit been on undercover sessions/Art collins tapes which came a year ago.But that doesn´t mean that 100% from UC sessions but vibe sirt of tells to me that it is from UC sessions.

It certainly doesn't have the vibe that UNDERCOVER has but that's just based on how U turned out. If anything, it sounds like they borrowed from Dog Shit for Rock And A Hard Place.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 5, 2021 05:28

Mathijs
It's fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues. The drums and bass all sounds the same over the various years, and different to what Charlie normally sounds like. Or the bootlegger had the tapes and simply remastered it too hard.

IORR, Living in the Heart of Love, Fast Talking are all ready for the upcoming IORR Deluxe release!

I understand there's two 3-CD sets worth of this material coming...

Mathijs

That's incredible. I certainly look forward to that happening if it can be shared like this one (duhhhh, right?)!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 5, 2021 05:37

YEP was told same thing....
Two more 3 CD sets a coming .............

ROCKMAN

Date: March 5, 2021 05:39

Some of these songs are blowing my mind right now.

Date: March 5, 2021 05:45

jahisnotdead
Some of these songs are blowing my mind right now.

RIGHT NOW JAMMING TO MIGHT AS WELL GET JUICED.... THERE IS SO MUCH HERE! THIS IS SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 5, 2021 05:46

....MMMM Yeah ...
got my skinny arse rockin' .....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home