Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - record cleaning systems
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 2, 2021 16:00

Hello all, any advice on a record cleaning set up.

For years I have just used a cloth but I am looking at a few cleaning kits.

VPI Hw 61.5 at $800. I have looked at okie nokki ($600), nitty gritty & record doctor vi ($200).

I am thinking of saving for the vpi & biting the bullet as I have about 1000 lps.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Re: OT - record cleaning systems
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 2, 2021 17:16

Hi, I recently bought a RCM, and cleaned all my 280 records with it. I did some research and my conclusion was that the new Okki Nokki One was the best machine for the price. I bought it for 450 euro's here in the Netherlands. I used it now for about 2 months and I think it's great. It's a solid machine and does exactly what it should do. I clean a record in about 3 and a half minute and it's really clean. Really happy with it!

Posted by: Ragnbert ()
Date: March 3, 2021 16:04

I have the Knosti record cleaner which is a manual wet cleaner that works quite good. Some people say that there are residues left in the grooves after washing, but I haven't noticed any. It is much cheaper than those mentioned above. It cleans both sides at the same time. The liquid can be filtered and used over and over again. I washed my entire collection of approx 350 albums and used three bottles of cleaning liquid.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 4, 2021 00:13

i ain't rich i have a homemade vacum wand attached to an old wet vac and some good cleaning brushes it seems to do the trick

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2021 09:00

Watch the bonus material on
Desperate Man Blues DVD and see
how Joe Bussard scrubs some of those 78's .... funny stuff

ROCKMAN

Date: March 4, 2021 19:11

Thanks all for the feedback.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 19:39

Take a look at this one
[humminguru.com]

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 5, 2021 04:27

I have had a Record Doctor V for 5 years now and cleaned hundreds of records and it does an excellent job.

If you don't mind spinning the record manually it is the best deal in vacuum record cleaning machines IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 04:28 by oldschool.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 20, 2021 19:16

I recently purchased the Okki Nokki One RCM. So far I have had fantastic results cleaning records. Ease of setup, simple operation, and thoroughly clean vinyl records. Cleaning solution, goat hair brush, and Vacuum work like a champ, leaving records almost completely dry except for a small solution line near the outside of the labelthat is easily toweled off. For example my Stones record collection is pretty large with pressings going back to the first album. I cleaned multiple copies of these old records and in many cases it is like listening to a new copy. Of course, some scratches don't go away, but clearly the grooves have been cleaned out revealing a depth in the soundstage, a clarity to the instruments played, and a more full bass sound than I had previously become used to hearing. In many cases the difference is stunning to hear. Some old Cream early pressings like Disraeli Gears and Wheels of Fire have been revitalized, and the same in true With Layla. I haven't even bothered cleaning any post 1980 records yet. It is going to take many hours to clean through my collection, but so far this Okki Nokki One has been a fantastic purchase leaving my wondering why the hell I didn't get around to buying a quality RCM sooner? Vinyl fans should strongly considering making the investment. Your ears will thank you.

Date: April 22, 2021 03:15

Thanks all. My okie Nokki arrived last week. I hope to clean a few tomorrow

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home