Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick is still in Italy
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 28, 2021 23:17

Yes Hairball that was Nina Simone herself singing in italian the Gibb song smiling smiley

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 28, 2021 23:41

1963luca0
In Italy, we have a very popular song festival/contest yearly held in San Remo, nearby the French border. Usually, foreign acts perform as geuest stars, but in the Sixties things were different. At the time, each Italian singer was coupled with a foreign singer/group who would sing their song in Italian.
As a consequence, many foreign superstars sung in Italian. If my memory serves me well Stevie Wonder, the Yardbirds, David Bowie, Louis Armstrong released records in Italian, in Italy.Almost surely, many more did. Their records did pretty well, in some cases. Sometimes, their records never sold (David Bowie).
I don't know if the Rolling Stones ever planned to have a guest appearance at San Remo, but it's not strange that DECCA Dischi made Danpa available for an Italian version of 'As Tears Go By'as Italian beat groups and singers used to translate many songs of the Rolling Stones for their own cover versions some of which were very successful - like Caterina Caselli's 'Tutto Nero' ('Paint It, Black).
Maybe the Rolling Stones (or ALO?) wanted to present their own Italian version rather than let somebody else translate 'As Tears Go By'
In 1967, Marianne Faithfull appeared at San Remo festival and Mick Jagger spent circa a week in San Remo with her (nice pictures of the couple on the seashore exist). Hope this helps, bye
Bill yes! [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 29, 2021 01:47

MisterDDDD
EddieByword

I think Mick's got both too and more than one cat...........(1.16) .Mick Jagger Shows Jimmy How to Quarantine.. [www.youtube.com]

Had seen the Fallon bit, great! Part of why I assumed he was cat lover.
Haven't seen shots of Mick with a dog that I recall.. Keith definitely.

Mick had a dog on Mustique called Star, who has been looked after for a while now by the island's tennis coach. I remember L'Wren's shots from there often featured at least one dog, if not more.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2021 01:50

Hmmm...sad to think about L'Wren...she was such a big presence w/Mick during that time period...hard to believe it's been over seven years since passed.

Posted by: ladylou ()
Date: March 29, 2021 22:25

There's another dog called Guinness who died some time ago. Georgia May made a post on her insta about this dog's death. I remember L'Wren was very fond of this dog. She liked to post photos of Guinness.

When L'Wren died some fashion people who holiday in Mustique posted photos of L'Wren with Guinness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-29 22:26 by ladylou.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2021 16:34

steffialicia
treaclefingers
EddieByword
DiegoGlimmerStones
thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Wow, same haircut, same guitar................thumbs up

...and what's with the floral print couches? hideous!

I have a very similar couch. So there.

hmmm...guess I'm not invite over for tea in that case.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 31, 2021 17:52

It looks real comfy though

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: March 31, 2021 22:23

Date: March 31, 2021 22:28

Date: April 1, 2021 12:02

Era il 1964 e molte hit straniere di successo venivano reinterpretate da artisti italiani con un nuovo testo, spesso completamente diverso dall'originale. Pensiamo a Scende la pioggia, uno dei grandi successi di Gianni Morandi, ma anche Tutta mia la città dell'Equipe 84, Ragazzo triste di Patty Pravo, rispettivamente cover italiane di Elenore dei Turtles, Blackberry Way dei Move e But You're Mine di Sonny&Cher.

Non solo. A volte erano gli stessi musicisti internazionali a regalare all'Italia versioni ad hoc. Come la band capitana da Mick Jagger che, dopo aver inciso As Tears Go By per Marianne Faithfull, nel 1965 eseguì la canzone in inglese e poi la pubblicò in italiano con il titolo Con le mie lacrime.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 5, 2021 11:39

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: April 11, 2021 22:14

Hairball
Regarding Mick still being in Italy, started thinking about the Italian version of As Tears Go By aka "Con Le Mie Lacrime".
I always loved it, but never knew the background as to why they would record and release this tune in Italian.
Well it got me thinking on this pleasant Sunday morning, and the answer might be obvious, but have the Stones ever recorded any other tunes of theirs in a different language?
I know the Beatles did a German version of I Want to Hold Your Hand aka "Komm gib mir deine Hand", but other than that, not sure if they did any others either.
Again, answer might be obvious, but scratching my head unable to think of any at the moment..thinking maybe they did something like Yesterday in a different language?

As for "Con Le Mie Lacrime", can't find much info. as to the who, what, where, or why, but according to wiki:

"The Stones released a version with Italian lyrics as a single in Italy, under the title "Con Le Mie Lacrime"[7] with the lyrics written by Danpa".

Never heard of Danpa, but evidenty he was an Italian composer.

Anybody have any other info. on "Con Le Mie Lacrime", and whether the Stones or Beatles recorded any other tunes in different languages?

For some reason, I love Italian version more than I love the original one. Something in this language sang by these British kids that totally captivates me. I've heard Andrew thought that recording the version in one of European languages might be a good idea, they had some different options and Italian was the one that Mick thought was easier to sing.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: April 11, 2021 22:32

MisterDDDD
EddieByword

I think Mick's got both too and more than one cat...........(1.16) .Mick Jagger Shows Jimmy How to Quarantine.. [www.youtube.com]

Had seen the Fallon bit, great! Part of why I assumed he was cat lover.
Haven't seen shots of Mick with a dog that I recall.. Keith definitely.

According to some old fan pages published about the Stones, Mick would give a pet to his live-in girlfriend Chrissie as a present. She got a cat, a dog (scottish terrier) and a canary from him.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 11, 2021 22:59

Hairball
Regarding Mick still being in Italy, started thinking about the Italian version of As Tears Go By aka "Con Le Mie Lacrime".
I always loved it, but never knew the background as to why they would record and release this tune in Italian.
Well it got me thinking on this pleasant Sunday morning, and the answer might be obvious, but have the Stones ever recorded any other tunes of theirs in a different language?
I know the Beatles did a German version of I Want to Hold Your Hand aka "Komm gib mir deine Hand", but other than that, not sure if they did any others either.
Again, answer might be obvious, but scratching my head unable to think of any at the moment..thinking maybe they did something like Yesterday in a different language?

As for "Con Le Mie Lacrime", can't find much info. as to the who, what, where, or why, but according to wiki:

"The Stones released a version with Italian lyrics as a single in Italy, under the title "Con Le Mie Lacrime"[7] with the lyrics written by Danpa".

Never heard of Danpa, but evidenty he was an Italian composer.

Anybody have any other info. on "Con Le Mie Lacrime", and whether the Stones or Beatles recorded any other tunes in different languages?

it was quite common in the 1960s that original artists covered their own hits in German to be successful in Germany, incluing: The Surpremes, Petula Clark, JOhnny Cash, THe Beach Boys etc.
There's a CD with some of the most successful songs:
[www.jpc.de]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 14, 2021 01:47

Not sure what's this one's name........Auditioning New Backing Singer .... [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: May 7, 2021 21:58

Italian magazine: I Love Sicilia

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 8, 2021 00:25

Hairball

The Beatles, 2nd song in German: "Sie liebt dich" (= She Loves You) - [www.YouTube.com] , [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: May 13, 2021 22:58

Looks like Mick's finally left Italy for London early May following spending almost a year there - first in Toscany and then Sicily... Wonder if it means that Stones will gather in the UK shortly to finish up the new music? I mean, now 3/4 members are back home, it's just Keith who has to fly in from Turks & Caicos. winking smiley

[www.rainews.it]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2021 23:11

Irix
Hairball

The Beatles, 2nd song in German: "Sie liebt dich" (= She Loves You) - [www.YouTube.com] , [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Thanks Irix - likecats already answered that question on the previous page. thumbs up

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: May 14, 2021 05:04

wickerman
Looks like Mick's finally left Italy for London early May following spending almost a year there - first in Toscany and then Sicily... Wonder if it means that Stones will gather in the UK shortly to finish up the new music? I mean, now 3/4 members are back home, it's just Keith who has to fly in from Turks & Caicos. winking smiley

[www.rainews.it]

He's back in CT

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 14, 2021 17:31

It’s time for the boys to hit the studio and finish their Chinese Democracy album

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 23, 2021 23:54

at Peter Rabbit #2 today

[salten.cz]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2021 00:29

Deveraux .... wow what a cool lookin kid .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 24, 2021 15:03

Bloody hell, the little dude looks like his father...

And has a similar charm...

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home