Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is there any new Brian music left?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 2, 2021 08:44

The last couple years have had some nice surprises, with some nice Brian live playing from the ON AIR set. He always seemed to be playing an arrangement, but could sometimes do it a little differently. Or at least it sounds different, like playing I Just Can't Be Satisfied on electric, instead of the acoustic studio version.

I'm just wondering, from some of our Brian fanatics, what might be out there that we haven't heard? I know there can't be much. Unreleased versions of blues songs? Anything?

Re: Is there any new Brian music left?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2021 08:52

I think that more than 50 years since his passing, almost double the length of his life, he'd have to be pleased that we still spend this much time thinking about him.

It's great, I just wanted to note that. Carry on!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 2, 2021 09:30

Isn’t their a recorded snippet of his own composition, Sure I Do(?) out there somewhere? I recollect it having female backing-vocals and forming part of a track, with snippets of other unreleased early-era recordings. Does anyone have a link to hear this? I’m sure I’m not going mad, here!

Date: March 2, 2021 09:53

If you got money... "Brian Jones - I Want You To Know":

Btw, Brian played electric on the studio version of I Can't Be Satisfied as well.

For complete Brian-written stuff, we only have the Mord Und Totschlag-soundtrack and the Rice Krispies-tune.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-02 09:53 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 2, 2021 10:49

DandelionPowderman

Btw, Brian played electric on the studio version of I Can't Be Satisfied as well.

For complete Brian-written stuff, we only have the Mord Und Totschlag-soundtrack and the Rice Krispies-tune.

But for incomplete, we do have what I mentioned? I have this compendium of outtake snippets on a CDR somewhere, I'm sure.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 2, 2021 12:26

His previously unnoticed or at least uncommented on...

Autoharp on Who's Been Sleeping Here?:

Organ on My Obsession:

smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-02 12:38 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 2, 2021 17:53

DandelionPowderman

I didn't know Brian wrote the Rice Krispies tune! As Tony The Tiger says "It's Greeeeeaaaaat"!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 2, 2021 21:20

DandelionPowderman

\/quote]

Okay, but it is certainly slinky, and quite liquid sounding, near acoustic to my ears. Also in sharp contrast to Brian playing I Can't Be Satisfied live on Top Gear in '64.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home