Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Deep Purple`s Ezrin produced albums
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 1, 2021 18:24

It`s their last 3 albums; Now What?, Infinite and Whoosh!. It`s the hodge-podge era, very uneven.

A lot of prog; a lot of synths (It`s Good To Be King). Gillan`s dubious "funny" lyrics. These are fans` albums.

A more critical ear would have to edit away some of the songs, which I`ve done; collected the best songs of the two first albums on each side of a C90 cassette.

-Haven`t bought their latest album for quality reason. Metal sites have given the album 8 or 9 points out of 10, but the album is scarcely mentioned in common papers at all.

Re: OT: Deep Purple`s Ezrin produced albums
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 1, 2021 19:14

noughties
It`s their last 3 albums; Now What?, Infinite and Whoosh!. It`s the hodge-podge era, very uneven.

A lot of prog; a lot of synths (It`s Good To Be King). Gillan`s dubious "funny" lyrics. These are fans` albums.

A more critical ear would have to edit away some of the songs, which I`ve done; collected the best songs of the two first albums on each side of a C90 cassette.

-Haven`t bought their latest album for quality reason. Metal sites have given the album 8 or 9 points out of 10, but the album is scarcely mentioned in common papers at all.
Very insightful.

Re: OT: Deep Purple`s Ezrin produced albums
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 1, 2021 21:20

Swoosh ? Yeah, not the best one. The first two had some pretty good songs overall and after all DP started out by rather "prog"...not much by the time JL Turner was around though ;-)

Oh and who here wouldn't take three "average" Ezrin produced albums by "our boys" since 2013 ? Instead we've had Don Was not managing to steer them around "the wall" they hit in December 2015 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-01 21:22 by gotdablouse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home