Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Climate change causes shortage of wood used to make famed Stratocaster guitars used by Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones
Date: February 25, 2021 15:58

See the link here:

[www.yahoo.com]

Re: OT- Climate change causes shortage of wood used to make famed Stratocaster guitars used by Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 25, 2021 16:32

Fair enough and I see the connection.

but, the article fails to point out how the invasion of the Ash Borer Beetle is related to climate change

I assume it came over in a shipping container or a boat, like those fish did.

The article also avoided any discussion of how many trees Fender chops down per year and if that # has been growing over the past __ decades (I assume it has)

ie. are Fender's practices sustainable in the 1st place?

Wondering: does Fender have a "Plant a Tree" program to replace what they take? If not, there's part of the problem too.

I'm not a climate change denier at all...but, there's more than climate change at work here. Global trade brings invasive species and global demand for product means more trees chopped.

either way, that sucks for folks wanting Ash Fenders...but on the flip-side I guess it means my Fender Strat will be worth more money when I decide to sell it...

I wonder if Keith is in the market for a new axe? I'm talkin' "Friend Prices" here!!!

Re: OT- Climate change causes shortage of wood used to make famed Stratocaster guitars used by Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 25, 2021 21:17

Just buy a Gibson and remember that "Only a Gibson is Good Enough " problem solved

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home