Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rocks Off Bridge
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 17, 2021 00:43

While trying to understand what the guitars are playing exactly - fingering tuning etc (antibody figured it out yet?) curiosity grew on who and when came up with the whole idea. Was it there from the beginning?

C

Re: Rocks Off Bridge
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2021 02:36

F sharp minor innit? I think it is.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 17, 2021 05:53

I think the first hit before the F# is a kind of B power chord, but over A# bass. Something like (low to high) x-1-4-x-x-x. Creates an interesting tension.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 17:09 by MelBelli.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2021 08:21

It's been a while since I've played along with it. I'll grab the acoustic tomorrow and have a run with it.

Posted by: z ()
Date: February 17, 2021 09:44

Something like:

F# - Dbm7 - F# - Dbm7 - B

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 10:00 by z.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 17, 2021 11:12

Open G:
video: [www.youtube.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 11:18 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 17, 2021 11:20

Standard tuning:
video: [www.youtube.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: February 17, 2021 15:04

liddas
While trying to understand what the guitars are playing exactly - fingering tuning etc (antibody figured it out yet?) curiosity grew on who and when came up with the whole idea. Was it there from the beginning?

C

Vintage question for Dandelion Powderman &/or Mathijs...

Date: February 17, 2021 16:55

MelBelli
I think the first hit before the F# is a kind of B power chord, but over A# bass. Something like (low to high) x-1-4-x-x-x. Creates an interesting tension.

FYI, this is the same shape Keith plays in the intro (it can be done on the bottom two strings, too, obviously, as follows: 6-9-x-x-x-x).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 17:10 by MelBelli.

Date: February 17, 2021 17:13

I'll go back and listen, but I seem to remember, on live versions, Mick Taylor landing on a B flat/A sharp note on the third string with his fills during that bridge. It's the third of F#, so it sounds perfect. And with Keith playing that note on the bottom of the chord, he creates an inversion -- which makes it sounds like there's movement to the F# when he plays it a second time. Hope that makes sense!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 17, 2021 17:40

I am sorry I can't contribute using proper language: I am completely self taught!

In any case, there are two guitars that are quite prominent in the mix. There may be others, but two stick out: one panned to the left and the other center/right.

The one on the right sounds way better than the other. I think this was overdubbed at Sunset Sound Studios.

My guess is that the guitar on the left plays an F triad at the 11th fret, then some "Sympathy for the devil" licks to end on a C#m triad at the 9th fret.

I am quite positive this guitar is standard tuning (you can hear some embellishments on the high E string when on the C#)

At some point I think I hear a phaser effect added. Could it be to cover some mistake?

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 17:41 by liddas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home