Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rocks Off Bridge
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 17, 2021 00:43

While trying to understand what the guitars are playing exactly - fingering tuning etc (antibody figured it out yet?) curiosity grew on who and when came up with the whole idea. Was it there from the beginning?

C

Re: Rocks Off Bridge
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2021 02:36

F sharp minor innit? I think it is.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 17, 2021 05:53

I think the first hit before the F# is a kind of B power chord, but over A# bass. Something like (low to high) x-1-4-x-x-x. Creates an interesting tension.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 17:09 by MelBelli.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2021 08:21

It's been a while since I've played along with it. I'll grab the acoustic tomorrow and have a run with it.

Posted by: z ()
Date: February 17, 2021 09:44

Something like:

F# - Dbm7 - F# - Dbm7 - B

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 10:00 by z.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 17, 2021 11:12

Open G:
video: [www.youtube.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 11:18 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 17, 2021 11:20

Standard tuning:
video: [www.youtube.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: February 17, 2021 15:04

liddas
While trying to understand what the guitars are playing exactly - fingering tuning etc (antibody figured it out yet?) curiosity grew on who and when came up with the whole idea. Was it there from the beginning?

C

Vintage question for Dandelion Powderman &/or Mathijs...

Date: February 17, 2021 16:55

MelBelli
I think the first hit before the F# is a kind of B power chord, but over A# bass. Something like (low to high) x-1-4-x-x-x. Creates an interesting tension.

FYI, this is the same shape Keith plays in the intro (it can be done on the bottom two strings, too, obviously, as follows: 6-9-x-x-x-x).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 17:10 by MelBelli.

Date: February 17, 2021 17:13

I'll go back and listen, but I seem to remember, on live versions, Mick Taylor landing on a B flat/A sharp note on the third string with his fills during that bridge. It's the third of F#, so it sounds perfect. And with Keith playing that note on the bottom of the chord, he creates an inversion -- which makes it sounds like there's movement to the F# when he plays it a second time. Hope that makes sense!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 17, 2021 17:40

I am sorry I can't contribute using proper language: I am completely self taught!

In any case, there are two guitars that are quite prominent in the mix. There may be others, but two stick out: one panned to the left and the other center/right.

The one on the right sounds way better than the other. I think this was overdubbed at Sunset Sound Studios.

My guess is that the guitar on the left plays an F triad at the 11th fret, then some "Sympathy for the devil" licks to end on a C#m triad at the 9th fret.

I am quite positive this guitar is standard tuning (you can hear some embellishments on the high E string when on the C#)

At some point I think I hear a phaser effect added. Could it be to cover some mistake?

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 17:41 by liddas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home