Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Could / Would the Stones play Buried Alive?
Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:31

If they still go on (and I hope they do if conditions permit), I think Buried Alive could be a good addition to the setlist. Give Ronnie some deserved spotlight and have Mick rest for 3 songs (Ronnie and Keith 2/1 or 1/2).

Besides, Buried Alive is a killer song!

Re: Could / Would the Stones play Buried Alive?
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:51

Love buried alive, but I also love Mick's backing vox on it.
That could be the third tune of the set with Mick's triumphant return to the stage.

T@3

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: February 9, 2021 02:00

TeaAtThree
Love buried alive, but I also love Mick's backing vox on it.
That could be the third tune of the set with Mick's triumphant return to the stage.

T@3
Yes, that was my first thought. Mick and Keith on chorus while Ronnie leads.

That would be epic and lot of fun!!

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: February 9, 2021 19:03

Hmmm. I enjoyed it when I was 17...

I like the guitars...but does anyone really want to hear those lyrics in 2021? It would make 'Under My Thumb' sound like a feminist anthem, lol.

There were few like that (f.u.c.her, infekshun) on Gimme Some Neck...

I know Brown Sugar isn't exactly 'woke' either but at least it has some artistic merit as a set of lyrics with interesting imagery. Buried Alive, with its message that 'You deserve to die, you old slag' (forgive me, I paraphrase) is best left in the 70's.

Ronie wrote some wonderfully sensitive songs and some neanderthal ones. Buried Alive is one of the latter group IMHO.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 9, 2021 19:22

bakersfield
Hmmm. I enjoyed it when I was 17...

I like the guitars...but does anyone really want to hear those lyrics in 2021? It would make 'Under My Thumb' sound like a feminist anthem, lol.

There were few like that (f.u.c.her, infekshun) on Gimme Some Neck...

I know Brown Sugar isn't exactly 'woke' either but at least it has some artistic merit as a set of lyrics with interesting imagery. Buried Alive, with its message that 'You deserve to die, you old slag' (forgive me, I paraphrase) is best left in the 70's.

Ronie wrote some wonderfully sensitive songs and some neanderthal ones. Buried Alive is one of the latter group IMHO.

Of course the lyrics are rough, but "Buried alive" is a rock'n'roll song - and rock'n'roll and "wokeness" are incompatible."

Date: February 9, 2021 20:08

They played Sure The One You Need. I think that's the closest they'll go with songs on Ronnie-albums.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 9, 2021 23:06

ronnie could always adjust the lyrics a little like mick does with a few stones songs i'm more interested in the music he could sing it in arabic for all i care just play that damn song please that would be great for mick to have a bit of a extra break so dosen't have to pace himself so much and excert a little more energy on stage and in his vocals
and on that thought give charlie and bernard a little set to
any sugestion for what they should play and where in the set using the average set from 2019

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 9, 2021 23:31

why? There's no reason to do so. They don't do stuff from Mick's nor Keith' solo career. So why should they do a song from Ronnie's solo career – especially nowadays as theire show turned mostly into a greatest hit retrospective.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 9, 2021 23:35

What a great idea........smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 9, 2021 23:44

Rather see 'em do a dirty..sleazy
harp-guitar workout of When You're Gone .....

I don't want to think about you when you're gone
I don't want to hear your voice talk on the phone
All those notes and all those cards
I'm going to throw them in the yard
I'm going to put them in the trash where they belong .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: February 10, 2021 00:01

i agree with slewan. They have so many songs, why bother with solo stuff. In 2018 at Manchester the second hour was great but as for the first hour... 'Just Your Fool' and 'Shattered' weren't played well and the place was like a morgue for a while. I don't think obscure solo stuff would have helped. They may as well commit to the greatest hits and play 'its all over now' and/or 'the last time' rather than deep cuts that are head scratchers for most of the audience in a stadium....

If I had my way, I'd like 'let it rock' and 'all down the line' but Im not sure the band could play them fast enough any more..

Date: February 10, 2021 00:05

well i loves the stones but would rather see them do a little less of the greatest hits and a little more obscure stuff plus it is pretty obvious that mick paces himself onstage to not wear himself out he is a marvel at any age but time catches us all eventally and i think his performance would improve from a break or two during shows and seeing as any new tour very well could be the last it be good for them to break from habits and play some different stuff for us fans who have stuck it out with them so long and i'm sure they'd enjoy doing something different to other then brown sugar for the 3000 time they could call it the "no satisfaction guaranteed tour" and open the show with lonely at the top and close it with neighbours for all i care as long as it is something different than another greatest hits show

(plus this is all for fun they'll never do it but its nice to dream and i'd be happy with one more greatest hits tour too)

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 10, 2021 00:26

Rockman
Rather see 'em do a dirty..sleazy
harp-guitar workout of When You're Gone .....

I don't want to think about you when you're gone
I don't want to hear your voice talk on the phone
All those notes and all those cards
I'm going to throw them in the yard
I'm going to put them in the trash where they belong .....

I love your consistent lobbying for that one smileys with beer

Date: February 10, 2021 00:46

when you're gone would be great to and probaly more likely

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 10, 2021 01:13

I Can Feel the Fire would also be a great song to do on stage

[www.bing.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 10, 2021 02:14

I'm afraid the 1979 New Barbarians tour was the last time for "Buried Alive" - a cool song, BTW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home