Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"The Rolling Stones On The Air" - Documentary
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 7, 2021 00:11

It looks like a new documentary will be streamed starting this month on Amazon Prime. I wonder if this new doc has something to do with the BBC-related previous release on vinyl/CD and book, as it was mentioned at that time (in 2017) that "the book is scheduled for release on Sept. 26 along with a new DVD that collects many of these performances, many of which have never been seen before."

Coda Collection, New Music Video Channel With Rare Concerts and Docs, Launching on Amazon Prime Next Month (EXCLUSIVE)

The Coda Collection, a new multi-media company, is launching a channel on Amazon Prime featuring rare concerts and music documentaries, exclusive premieres for films and more. The channel is combined with an editorial destination across Coda’s desktop and mobile sites, providing another perspective on the artists and music featured in the content. It will become available via Prime Video Channels in the U.S. on February 18th, 2021. The channel will roll out globally throughout the rest of 2021.

Titles being offered at launch include the streaming premieres of “Music, Money, Madness…Jimi Hendrix In Maui,” “The Rolling Stones On The Air,” “Johnny Cash at San Quentin,” “Miranda Lambert: Revolution Live By Candlelight,” as well as newly filmed, exclusive performances by such artists as Jane’s Addiction and Stone Temple Pilots.

[variety.com]

Re: "The Rolling Stones On The Air" - Documentary
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 7, 2021 00:14

Damn
Just give us a dvd or a bluray
Will this stuff also be available in Europe?

Date: February 7, 2021 00:57

Whale
Damn
Just give us a dvd or a bluray
Will this stuff also be available in Europe?

From the Variety article:

"It will become available via Prime Video Channels in the U.S. on February 18th, 2021. The channel will roll out globally throughout the rest of 2021."

Date: February 7, 2021 22:30

It doesn't look like this will be released on DVD/Blu-ray. From Reelin' in the Years'website:

"Since DVD is, for all intents and purposes, now a dead market, this platform allows us to share our unique content with the music-loving public in a fair and equitable way—a way which not only benefits my company and clients, but which will revolutionize the way music video is consumed."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 8, 2021 03:29

My problem with them not releasing 'must haves' on dVd/blu ray is that when the license period is up and say, NETFLIX doesn't renew, then it's not available anymore. Have had that with many shows.

Coda collection - 1972 rehearsal footage
Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 8, 2021 18:45

Here’s a new release from the Coda collection:
[codacollection.co]
Greg Kot, former music writer of the Chicago Tribune, describes the video of 1972 tour rehearsals at the Rialto Theatre in Montreux, Switzerland.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 8, 2021 19:06

From what I've seen there's nothing new. Ladies & Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones. Montreaux rehearsals. Marquee. In the Coda trailer I didn't anything like from the BBC era, or the 60s at all.

How ironic. 'The DVD market is dead'. Aren't we still buying practically every Stones product released? I love Reelin' In The Years. Communicate with them from time to time. They did some fantastic documentaries on Brit Invasion Bands, plus Dusty Springfield. They have vast stores of archival performances. They did a doc on the Pretty Things that was never released because the bottom fell out of the market and they couldn't find a distributor.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 8, 2021 19:12

SO is this available on Prime and if so - anyone see it yet?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 8, 2021 19:35

The Coda collection is an additional $4.95 pr/month on top of your Prime account.
I tried the 7 day free trial. Some good stuff but not worth the additional $ per month.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 11, 2021 00:21

On the Air was a vinyl release, really good

[www.amazon.com]

Date: May 11, 2021 09:32

24FPS
They did a doc on the Pretty Things that was never released because the bottom fell out of the market and they couldn't find a distributor.

It was released on the Pretty Things box set.

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: May 13, 2021 01:12

I searched Amazon Prime Coda for this and it is nowhere to be found. I’ve been hearing about this for a few years now. Where is it? I bought the book and the CD thinking a DVD was jut around the corner. Is the ever going to be released?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 13, 2021 03:49

Cristiano Radtke
24FPS
They did a doc on the Pretty Things that was never released because the bottom fell out of the market and they couldn't find a distributor.

It was released on the Pretty Things box set.

Midnight to Six made it out to the public finally? That's good, but Americans never saw the group in the 60s. They never made the American charts. I was hoping to see the documentary and see if I was interested before investing in a box set.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home