Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi-OT: Alvin Lee Mylon On The Road to Freedom
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: February 2, 2021 15:55

Finally picked up the CD of this LP cut-out bin mainstay, a laid back 1973 all star effort featuring Ronnie Wood who donated and played on a track, George Harrison who also donated and played slide on a track, an uncredited Mick Jagger, Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Mick Fleetwood among other UK rock royalty. A collaboration with US gospel singer Mylon LeFevre, its a bit more laid back than Ten Years After but still sits comfortably alongside "Cricklewood Green" and "A Space in Time". The overall vibe reminds me of "Ive Got My Own Album to Do"- have all your famous friends come over, catch a buzz and roll the tapes. Should appeal to 70's rockers, Stones completists and TYA fans.

Heres a live performance of one of the tracks- I spot Jim Capaldi and Boz Burrell.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Semi-OT: Alvin Lee Mylon On The Road to Freedom
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 3, 2021 02:31

I used to have a tape i made from a KBFH or similar featuring Alvin Lee and Mylon LeFevre. I grew to like it quite a bit. Far more than when I had left off Ten Years After. I always wondered the wheres and whatnots about this tape and if it ever saw official release.

jb

Re: Semi-OT: Alvin Lee Mylon On The Road to Freedom
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 3, 2021 12:34

It's a wonderful album from a much missed musician.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home