Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction
Posted by: OttoH ()
Date: March 31, 2022 21:24

Otto from Finland and rookie iorr-member.

My first concert was 2007 Helsinki and this summer i will travel to Munich, Liverpool and Stockholm! Looking forward to meet other stones fans then!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 31, 2022 21:49

OttoH

My first concert was 2007 Helsinki and this summer i will travel to Munich, Liverpool and Stockholm! Looking forward to meet other stones fans then!

Tervetuloa! Olekkuin kotonas.

- Doxa

Posted by: OttoH ()
Date: March 31, 2022 23:20

Thank you, kiitos! smiling smiley

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 1, 2022 01:08

Dale from the mountains of Colorado, originally from the NYC area. Have seen the Stones 16 times now, last show was in Vegas, met some great people waiting for a spot in the Pitt.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 4, 2022 00:08

BBrew
Ante from Croatia,

I am going to see them in Hyde Park with my girlfriend. This will be her first concert, my 6th. I was in London 10 years ago in 02 arena. Cant wait to come again, will be wearing my IORR shirt :-)

BBrew thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 4, 2022 00:35

sarahunwin, aka Sarah Butler, aka Sparkly Top! Have been on IORR since about 1997. (Thanks, BV!) Originally from London but have lived just north of San Francisco forever. First saw the Stones at Knebworth in 1976, first show in the US, Candlestick in 1981. Have seen them close to 90 times (one day have to try and figure out the exact number!), including Charlie's last five shows, all in the Pit.

Health issues are unfortunately preventing me seeing numerous shows on the Sixty tour but plan to be on the rail on Keith's side for the second Hyde Park show in my home town......

Long live the Rolling Stones! Long live IORR!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 4, 2022 00:38

sarahunwin
sarahunwin, aka Sarah Butler, aka Sparkly Top! Have been on IORR since about 1997. (Thanks, BV!) Originally from London but have lived just north of San Francisco forever. First saw the Stones at Knebworth in 1976, first show in the US, Candlestick in 1981. Have seen them close to 90 times (one day have to try and figure out the exact number!), including Charlie's last five shows, all in the Pit.

Health issues are unfortunately preventing me seeing numerous shows on the Sixty tour but plan to be on the rail on Keith's side for the second Hyde Park show in my home town......

Haha just realized in already posted back in Feb, 2021. Have a few more shows under my belt since then!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: April 4, 2022 15:50

OttoH

Good choices. Same 3 as mesmiling smiley

Date: April 5, 2022 23:57

OttoH

OttoH thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 6, 2022 00:12

sarahunwin

My first was Candlestick '81 second show (Sunday) ! Which show were you?

Date: April 11, 2022 23:37

sarahunwin

sarahunwin thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 13, 2022 04:43

Sparkly Top. when did you move to the San Francisco area?

I thought you still lived in London or somewhere in Europe, for some reason.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 15, 2022 19:58

Hound Dog
Dale from the mountains of Colorado, originally from the NYC area. Have seen the Stones 16 times now, last show was in Vegas, met some great people waiting for a spot in the Pitt.

Hound Dog thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 17, 2022 11:03

Peter from the UK. I see I have been on here for 18 years! I remember first discovering IORR during the Licks tour. First album was GHS - a birthday present for my 15th. I think I was curious and liked the image!
First gigs were 1976 Leicester Granby Halls (was almost crushed next to stage) and later that year Knebworth. Have travelled to see them MSG Rome and Paris.Last time was all the London gigs in 2018. I will be at HP in 2022 both concerts (the cheap tickets)

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 17, 2022 11:11

A long time IORR member...just not as active as I used to be. My name is Matthew, I am from the US, however, have lived overseas for a long time. Yet, I find myself back in the US, specifically, Saginaw MI, to help take care of my aging parents. My first Stones show was in 1981, a dream come true. I have seen them numerous times from Singapore to Shanghai. All great adventures! One of my fondest memories was sitting front row at the second show in Singapore (2004) and meeting Ronnie's son, Mick and Keith's daughters and them handing me one of Keith's pics he tried to drop in my hand during Thru and Thru.... I dropped it and Mick's daughter got it for me and gave me it. Great stuff!

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 17, 2022 15:42

Hello Happy Easter
Ken from Florida close to hard rock
Grew up with the music
Orlando 81 2nd show was my first
Thank s for everything this site does

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 17, 2022 16:04

French.
Living between Paris and Alicante
This is some show-counting with Excel..

1973 BRUXELLES (1st Forest) 1
1976 PARIS (Abattoirs) 2
1982 PARIS (Auteuil) 1
1990 - PARIS (Parc des Princes) 3
1995 - PARIS (Longchamps, Olympia) 3
1995 - MONTPELLIER 1
1998 - HOUSTON (Compacq Center) 2
1998 - PARIS (SdF) 1
1999 - LONDON (Wembley Stadium) 2
2002 - PHILADELPHIA (Tower, Arena) 2
2002 - NYC (MSG) 2
2003 - NYC (MSG) 2
2003 - CHICAGO (Arena) 2
2003 - PARIS (Olympia, arena, stadium) 3
2003 - STOCKLHOM (Circus) 1
2003 - NL (Vredenburgh, Rotterdam Arena) 2
2003 - LONDON (Astoria, Wembley) 2
2003 - HONG-KONG 2
2005 - PHILADELPHIA 2
2006 _ BOSTON (Garden) 2
2006 - PUERTO RICO 1
2006 - SHANGAI 1
2006 - LONDON (must be Twickenham) 2
2007 - PARIS 1
2007 - LYON 1
2007 - LONDON (O2) 3
2012 - LONDON O2) 2
2013 - TORONTO- CHICAGO 2
2014 - ABU DHABI 1
2014 - OSLO 1
2014 - BERLIN 1
2014 - PARIS 1
2014 - SYDNEY 1
2014 - BRISBANE 1
2014 - AUCKLAND 1
2015 - PITTSBURGH 1
2015 - MILWAUKEE 1
2016 - LA PLATA 2
2016 - MONTEVIDEO 1
2017 - PARIS 2
2018 - SOUTHAMPTON 1
2018 - EDIMBURG 1

TOTAL : 67... Next are Madrid and Vienna

Date: April 19, 2022 20:00

whitem8
A long time IORR member...just not as active as I used to be. My name is Matthew, I am from the US, however, have lived overseas for a long time. Yet, I find myself back in the US, specifically, Saginaw MI, to help take care of my aging parents. My first Stones show was in 1981, a dream come true. I have seen them numerous times from Singapore to Shanghai. All great adventures! One of my fondest memories was sitting front row at the second show in Singapore (2004) and meeting Ronnie's son, Mick and Keith's daughters and them handing me one of Keith's pics he tried to drop in my hand during Thru and Thru.... I dropped it and Mick's daughter got it for me and gave me it. Great stuff!

whitem8 thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 20, 2022 11:48

The Joker
French.
Living between Paris and Alicante
This is some show-counting with Excel..

1973 BRUXELLES (1st Forest) 1
1976 PARIS (Abattoirs) 2
1982 PARIS (Auteuil) 1
1990 - PARIS (Parc des Princes) 3
1995 - PARIS (Longchamps, Olympia) 3
1995 - MONTPELLIER 1
1998 - HOUSTON (Compacq Center) 2
1998 - PARIS (SdF) 1
1999 - LONDON (Wembley Stadium) 2
2002 - PHILADELPHIA (Tower, Arena) 2
2002 - NYC (MSG) 2
2003 - NYC (MSG) 2
2003 - CHICAGO (Arena) 2
2003 - PARIS (Olympia, arena, stadium) 3
2003 - STOCKLHOM (Circus) 1
2003 - NL (Vredenburgh, Rotterdam Arena) 2
2003 - LONDON (Astoria, Wembley) 2
2003 - HONG-KONG 2
2005 - PHILADELPHIA 2
2006 _ BOSTON (Garden) 2
2006 - PUERTO RICO 1
2006 - SHANGAI 1
2006 - LONDON (must be Twickenham) 2
2007 - PARIS 1
2007 - LYON 1
2007 - LONDON (O2) 3
2012 - LONDON O2) 2
2013 - TORONTO- CHICAGO 2
2014 - ABU DHABI 1
2014 - OSLO 1
2014 - BERLIN 1
2014 - PARIS 1
2014 - SYDNEY 1
2014 - BRISBANE 1
2014 - AUCKLAND 1
2015 - PITTSBURGH 1
2015 - MILWAUKEE 1
2016 - LA PLATA 2
2016 - MONTEVIDEO 1
2017 - PARIS 2
2018 - SOUTHAMPTON 1
2018 - EDIMBURG 1

TOTAL : 67... Next are Madrid and Vienna

Addendum
I apologize to our distinguished readership
This presentation was clinical, uninspired, a total wreck, and a pain in the ass
Name is Georges ending with an S
First show, Forest National 1973- afternoon show, front row in the crowd, best EVER memory of my life, BETTER THAN SEX. I collected some roses petal and a free shower from Mick’s bucket, had the temptation to live the life of the great unwashed, and later I did an exposé in this French college (Lakanal, Sceaux) on Mick Taylor’s before last show as RS member, showing the dead petals in a plastic cup covered with transparent plastic, and I played Dead Flowers on the cassette, even it was not on the 1973 tour set list. I scored a C for that exposé in broken English.
I stuck around IORR.org, a quarter of century, when I saw it was a time for a change, I shut my big mouth, well because the blitzkrieg raged and some Wokers stank, and you couldn’t start a joke without risking your life membership on this website (Boss is okay though, a good man).

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 20, 2022 13:16

Michael from Germany. My uncle listened to the Stones, when I was 6. That was in 1969. In 1975 I recorded some Stones Tunes with my first cassette recorder.
In 1976 I saw the tour poster and was very sad, that my parents didn't let me go... in 1977 I bought my first records, which were "Relics", by Pink Floyd, "New skin for the old ceremony", by Leonard Cohen and a Stones Boot of the Leeds show from 1971. Followed by "Love You Live" and then growing.
In 1982 I was lucky to see them for the first time. 5 shows in Germany. The Frankfurt shows are still in my "best concerts" memory.
Since then I saw them on every tour. About 25 shows.
I still love their sound and listen to their music.
I'm playing guitar and singing and I love to play and sing Stones Numbers. I'm playing accoustic guitar and prefer ballads, country and stuff like that. My Stones repertoire is:

100 years ago
She smiled sweetly
Complicated
Lady Jane
Out of time
What to do
Sitting on a fence
I am waiting
My obsession
2000th man
In another land
Have mercy
Live with me
Dead flowers
Wild horses
Moonlight mile
I got the blues
Sweet virginia
Sweet black angle
Shine a light
Turd on the run
The spider and the fly
Melody (working on it)
Memory motel
Before they make me run
All about you
Slipping away
Mean disposition
Always suffering
How can i stop

Hard woman
Don't tear me up

Music is part of my life and the Stones are a part of my music universe. Their music brought a lot of joy into my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-21 11:59 by micha063.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: April 21, 2022 16:21

Hi everyone
My name is Sici from Turin in Italy. I am 58
I am crazy about The Rolling Stones and riding my motorbike (600,000 in 45 years)
I have seen 44 concerts in total: The Stones 24 times, Charlie Watts 4 times, Bill Wyman 4 times , Ron Wood 6 times, Mick Jagger once, as well as a few premieres.
I have filmed 26 of these myself out of the 44 I have seen
I am a collector of DVDs of concerts, films, appearances, and cameos of all things Rolling Stones, including wives, kids and musicians.
I have a collection of 2,700 DVDs created by editing clips from YouTube, and exchanging material with other collectors and fans.
My favourite programs are Adobe Premiere and Nero Vision.
My other passion is Photoshop; I have created 1,500 covers for my DVDs.
I hope to see some of you again in the coming hot summer
Sici

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-21 18:25 by Sici.

Date: April 23, 2022 08:29

micha063
Michael from Germany. My uncle listened to the Stones, when I was 6. That was in 1969. In 1975 I recorded some Stones Tunes with my first cassette recorder.
In 1976 I saw the tour poster and was very sad, that my parents didn't let me go... in 1977 I bought my first records, which were "Relics", by Pink Floyd, "New skin for the old ceremony", by Leonard Cohen and a Stones Boot of the Leeds show from 1971. Followed by "Love You Live" and then growing.
In 1982 I was lucky to see them for the first time. 5 shows in Germany. The Frankfurt shows are still in my "best concerts" memory.
I'm playing guitar and singing and I love to play and sing Stones Numbers. I'm playing accoustic guitar and prefer ballads, country and stuff like that. My Stones repertoire is:

100 years ago
She smiled sweetly
Complicated
Lady Jane
Out of time
What to do
Sitting on a fence
I am waiting
My obsession
2000th man
In another land
Have mercy
Live with me
Dead flowers
Wild horses
Moonlight mile
I got the blues
Sweet virginia
Sweet black angle
Shine a light
Turd on the run
The spider and the fly
Melody (working on it)
Memory motel
Before they make me run
All about you
Slipping away
Mean disposition
Always suffering
How can i stop

Hard woman
Don't tear me up

Music is part of my life and the Stones are a part of my music universe. Their music brought a lot of joy into my life.

micha063 thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: April 24, 2022 16:33

I forgot some to mention some numbers, I play from time to time:

As tears go by
Play with fire
She's a rainbow
Sympathy for the devil
Heartbreaker

Some numbers written by others, which where also played by the boys are:

Around and Around
Have mercy belongs to this part
Good times

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 24, 2022 16:55

micha063

100 years ago
She smiled sweetly
Complicated
Lady Jane
Out of time
What to do
Sitting on a fence
I am waiting
My obsession
2000th man
In another land
Have mercy
Live with me
Dead flowers
Wild horses
Moonlight mile
I got the blues
Sweet virginia
Sweet black angle
Shine a light
Turd on the run
The spider and the fly
Melody (working on it)
Memory motel
Before they make me run
All about you
Slipping away
Mean disposition
Always suffering
How can i stop

Hard woman
Don't tear me up

Great list.

Date: April 24, 2022 19:55

MKjan
micha063

100 years ago
She smiled sweetly
Complicated
Lady Jane
Out of time
What to do
Sitting on a fence
I am waiting
My obsession
2000th man
In another land
Have mercy
Live with me
Dead flowers
Wild horses
Moonlight mile
I got the blues
Sweet virginia
Sweet black angle
Shine a light
Turd on the run
The spider and the fly
Melody (working on it)
Memory motel
Before they make me run
All about you
Slipping away
Mean disposition
Always suffering
How can i stop

Hard woman
Don't tear me up

Great list.

It took years. And it's so joyfull to learn songs.
I sing with kids every day. It has become the most joyfull part of my life. Well, except my family. And nature.

Date: April 26, 2022 06:03

kkhoranstoned
Hello Happy Easter
Ken from Florida close to hard rock
Grew up with the music
Orlando 81 2nd show was my first
Thank s for everything this site does

kkhoranstoned thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 26, 2022 08:02

sarahunwin

How do people just “live in the US”…serious question. How are you able to just move from the UK to the US and live? Always wanted to from Australia.

Rod

Date: April 28, 2022 00:31

Sici
Hi everyone
My name is Sici from Turin in Italy. I am 58
I am crazy about The Rolling Stones and riding my motorbike (600,000 in 45 years)
I have seen 44 concerts in total: The Stones 24 times, Charlie Watts 4 times, Bill Wyman 4 times , Ron Wood 6 times, Mick Jagger once, as well as a few premieres.
I have filmed 26 of these myself out of the 44 I have seen
I am a collector of DVDs of concerts, films, appearances, and cameos of all things Rolling Stones, including wives, kids and musicians.
I have a collection of 2,700 DVDs created by editing clips from YouTube, and exchanging material with other collectors and fans.
My favourite programs are Adobe Premiere and Nero Vision.
My other passion is Photoshop; I have created 1,500 covers for my DVDs.
I hope to see some of you again in the coming hot summer
Sici

Sici thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 28, 2022 21:19

Hi Jim here been a fan since I was 22. Seen the boys 20 times. I’m in BC, Canada.

Date: April 29, 2022 21:53

babyblue
Hi Jim here been a fan since I was 22. Seen the boys 20 times. I’m in BC, Canada.

babyblue BC, Canada thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home