Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 16, 2021 02:47

jigsaw69
Craig from Scotland

Borrowed Still Life from my sister in '85

Heard beginning of Under My Thumb

Hooked for life

Seen Stones 6 times

jigsaw69 thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 16, 2021 02:54

RG
Hi there,

It’s me Rob. 32 years old from the Netherlands, I must be one of the younger ones here. I’ve been around on this forum since I was 14. I’ve seen the Stones 14 times live all over Europe and in New Jersey USA last year. I only met Charlie in 2014 the day before they played Pinkpop and had a little chitchat with hem. I dreamt zo many times about having a meet-up with Mick, but unfortunately it never happened (and I am for sure it will never happen anymore..) I planned a road trip all across the USA last year to see the Stones on several places for their No Filter 2020 Tour.. but there was COVID showing up around the corner.

I pray every day to see them live again.. just one more time.

My life is all about the Stones, my dog is named Jagger and my 5 weeks old son is already wearing Stones stuff.

Besides of that I am a big football (soccer) fan and I support the club Ajax from Amsterdam.

Guys, I hope to see you all again in better times. Please stay safe!

RG thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 25, 2021 20:10

Fillmore
Hannes, 48, from Regensburg, Germany. Further given names (in 1973): Alexander. Theodor. (no kidding).
First RS record EOMS, LP 2, a fleet market find. Then Black and Blue LP from my elder sister.
KR is a hero to me (but not a role model).
First show: Munich (1) in June 1990.
Best shows: Waldbühne ´14 in the pit, London O2 (1) and maybe Leipzig ´03 with AC/DC. And every single one of my other shows, nineteen altogether spread over Central Europe. No gang around me, I don´t mind travelling alone.
I love the Rolling Stones, most everything about them: the sound. the shows. the style. the stories. the drama. the grandezza. I still visit the shop in my hometown where MJ bought the birthday present for „Goldie T&T´s“ 60th birthday.
I´m a guitar owner (not really a „musician“ but not a „cable thief“ either).
I also like Elvis Presley, Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen and Nick Cave a lot!
Further likes: Black Crowes, Bowie, Prince, BB King, Aerosmith, ACDC, SRV, Van Halen, DLR, Georgia Satellites, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Bob Seger, early Sheryl Crow (first three records),Faith No More. Van the Man. Early G n´R. I´m a late 80´s / early 90´s child. Stoppok and Ostbahn Kurti, of course.
I read on IORR every day. Have for years. Especially during this pandemic (which feels like a bad trip, slowing everything down while I would love (and need) to be in motion), it´s a safe harbour in the tempest. I love opinions, even if I don´t share them.
Hats off to Mr. Vig.

Fillmore thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: IORR Members Introduction
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: January 4, 2022 15:36

CBII - Charles Berry Jr
60 years old
Saint Louis Missouri
Known about BV and IORR for 20+ years
Been a official member (had a logon ID) on this site since around 2008
Rolling Stones fan for at least 50 years
Passing acquaintance with every member except Brian Jones

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 4, 2022 16:00

Elmo Lewis
Elmo Lewis
Elmo aka Scotty from Georgia, USA. Born in 1960. 60 years old.

11 shows beginning in 1981 - every US tour since (1979 if ya count The New Barbarians)

Loved the band since GHS.

Also, I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of IORR members , as well as some great folks from StonesDoug's site.

I've been around here now for about 15 years I think...but I've never met any of you .

I think I've clocked a few of us at UK shows down the years but I've always been too shy to shout up . Daft, I know.

Date: January 4, 2022 20:44

I'm Tony. Been around IORR since BV's magazine days; and the general "Voodoo Brew". I stopped posting, for various reasons. I play music, drive a truck, and stay in touch with Dandy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2022 23:13

Good ta know ya still out there Palace .....

Double the clutch and stay safe wont ya .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: January 5, 2022 16:24

Hi,

I'm am Ton from the Netherlands.

First show i saw The Hague may 30 1976. Hooked since then and glad to be a member of this great Forum.

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: January 5, 2022 17:05

My name is Ruediger (actually with Umlaut „ü“) from Erlangen, Germany.
• 74 years old
• retired attorney at law
• married, two daughters
• fan since 1963 (a friend of mine who was a moonstruck Beatles-Fan gave me a 17 cm disc with the Lennon/McCartney composition “I wanna be your man”, played by some obscure unknown combo as he put it; he hated the version and did not like this combo while I became hooked)
• have so far seen 19 shows, nearly all in Germany
• I think that it’s all over now because of Charlie’s death
• the memories of a long life with the stones still linger on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-05 17:09 by Ruediger.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: January 5, 2022 18:20

Bob from Portland Mine USA

Stones fan since the beginning- fav albums Decembers Children, Hot Rocks, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile, 12 x 5 , Beggars

Hosted radio programs (Nighthawks ) on Cape Cod and (Mystery Train ) here in Maine for many years.

Been on this board for quite a few years now--

Cheers !

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 5, 2022 18:34

Brian from Belfast, Ireland. Been living in Delaware, USA for 25 years. Been a stones fan since about 1980. Older brothers played them. They all got to do security at the first slane gig in Ireland but I was too young to go. Still pisses me off. I enjoy iorr. Lots of good info & decent people

Date: January 6, 2022 03:52

I'm Zack
born in Texas in 2001. Been a huge Stones fan since I was 10 and I've seen them live twice, Houston 2019 and Austin 2021. I also ran a somewhat popular Rolling Stones YT channel that I started 5-6 years ago. Mick Taylor is my favorite guitarist and he, and the music of The Rolling Stones are why I picked up guitar when I was 15. Been a serious player ever since! grinning smiley

Date: January 6, 2022 12:45

Rockman
Good ta know ya still out there Palace .....

Double the clutch and stay safe wont ya .....

Yea, I think if I push it real hard, maybe put some hi octane in the tank, I can cross on over to Australia.
TBH, on the occasions I come on IORR, I pretty much follow the Rockman handle anyway.

You too, stay safe.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 7, 2022 02:17

NMASOM/Zack, welcome to this spot, nice ta see ya.

Are you in a band?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 7, 2022 02:51

Go palace ....

Mm mm mmmm
Yeah I'm going to drive
To the edge of this a-world...yeah

...................... I'm Gonna Drive - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KSAM ()
Date: January 7, 2022 19:24

Loved Aarhus. What a great city!

Date: January 9, 2022 19:09

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
I'm Zack
born in Texas in 2001. Been a huge Stones fan since I was 10 and I've seen them live twice, Houston 2019 and Austin 2021. I also ran a somewhat popular Rolling Stones YT channel that I started 5-6 years ago. Mick Taylor is my favorite guitarist and he, and the music of The Rolling Stones are why I picked up guitar when I was 15. Been a serious player ever since! grinning smiley

NeverMakeASaintOfMe thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 13, 2022 05:27

Palace Revolution 2000
I'm Tony. Been around IORR since BV's magazine days; and the general "Voodoo Brew". I stopped posting, for various reasons. I play music, drive a truck, and stay in touch with Dandy.

Palace Revolution 2000thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 25, 2022 03:13

Donnebr
Brian from Belfast, Ireland. Been living in Delaware, USA for 25 years. Been a stones fan since about 1980. Older brothers played them. They all got to do security at the first slane gig in Ireland but I was too young to go. Still pisses me off. I enjoy iorr. Lots of good info & decent people

Donnebr thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 25, 2022 03:13

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 03:15 by colonial.

Date: February 25, 2022 20:21

Meise
Call me Meise :-)
I'm living close to the Polish border in Germany, city of Weisswasser.

Born in 1973, fan since I was 10 years old (discovered a Stones LP in my fathers collection and been stuck to them since then).

First concert 1990 in Frankfurt/Germany, 24 concerts plus Keith solo in Cologne followed.

Play in a Stones tribute band myself.

Meise thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 5, 2022 21:53

Ruediger
My name is Ruediger (actually with Umlaut „ü“) from Erlangen, Germany.
• 74 years old
• retired attorney at law
• married, two daughters
• fan since 1963 (a friend of mine who was a moonstruck Beatles-Fan gave me a 17 cm disc with the Lennon/McCartney composition “I wanna be your man”, played by some obscure unknown combo as he put it; he hated the version and did not like this combo while I became hooked)
• have so far seen 19 shows, nearly all in Germany
• I think that it’s all over now because of Charlie’s death
• the memories of a long life with the stones still linger on
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 7, 2022 22:53

Hey there, I'm Laura from Frankfurt, Germany. Grew up loving rock (and blues) music cause my parents always listened to it on the radio, still end up watching YT videos of Little Richard or Chuck Berry and of course the Stones with my dad whenever I'm visiting him. Only truly became a fan of the Stones in 2017 tho when I first saw them in Munich...and haven't been able to shut up about them ever since. Saw them again in 2018 and have been hoping since then to just see them one more time. Cannot wait for them to finally announce the tour in summer!

Date: March 7, 2022 23:10

Hey yeah welcome Laura ....
Ya first post ... good ta see new folk in the camp ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:41

Rockman
Hey yeah welcome Laura ....
Ya first post ... good ta see new folk in the camp ....

Thanks, hahah, have been "stalking" this forum for half a year or so, now it was time to join winking smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:56

ronniewoody91
Hey there, I'm Laura from Frankfurt, Germany. Grew up loving rock (and blues) music cause my parents always listened to it on the radio, still end up watching YT videos of Little Richard or Chuck Berry and of course the Stones with my dad whenever I'm visiting him. Only truly became a fan of the Stones in 2017 tho when I first saw them in Munich...and haven't been able to shut up about them ever since. Saw them again in 2018 and have been hoping since then to just see them one more time. Cannot wait for them to finally announce the tour in summer!

Welcome Laura from Germany!

Date: March 8, 2022 22:31

ronniewoody91

ronniewoody91 thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 29, 2022 11:00

CBII
CBII - Charles Berry Jr
60 years old
Saint Louis Missouri
Known about BV and IORR for 20+ years
Been a official member (had a logon ID) on this site since around 2008
Rolling Stones fan for at least 50 years
Passing acquaintance with every member except Brian Jones

CBII thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 29, 2022 11:26

Jesper from Sweden.

51 shows attended.

Stonesfan for life since the 90s, first show in Gothenburg Sweden 1998 during Bridges To Babylon Tour.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 29, 2022 14:34

Ante from Croatia,

I am going to see them in Hyde Park with my girlfriend. This will be her first concert, my 6th. I was in London 10 years ago in 02 arena. Cant wait to come again, will be wearing my IORR shirt :-)

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home