Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 29, 2021 22:18

bakersfield
I'm Steve

I live in Anglesey, though I'm from Essex originally.

First gig was Wembley 25/6/82

Picked up an Astoria ticket face value from the landmark hotel on the day thanks to Humphrey at 'Shattered!' magazine, that I used to write for. It was a thrill to be so close, but Wembley Arena two days later was much a better performance.

I work as a freelance behaviour consultant, helping schools improve pupil behaviour. Which usually means changing the teachers' behaviour first smiling smiley

My claim to fame is that when i was a teacher, I read a poem called 'I wanna be yours' to a teenage Alex Turner. the rest is history!

Steve
Great story!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: November 29, 2021 22:30

I'm John, some know me from Undercover in the late 90s by CHELSKEITH.

First Stones show at age 15 in 1975 in Chicago.

Made a bet that night with my best friend that we'd name our first born son after Keith.

I did, he didn't.

Have been fortunate as our birth announcement made it to KR and we've been able to meet and spend some time with him on a few occasions. Really nice guy in person.

60+ shows, but missed this tour, looking forward to seeing them next summer.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 30, 2021 14:04

Rod

Perth Western Australia.

Love the Stones and Springsteen. My surname is acronym of Born In The USA !

Traveled the world to see Bruce in the UK and US. Traveled all over Australia seeing The Stones incl my first date with my (still) wife, at the WACA (WA cricket Association) ground in February 1973. My first Stones experience.

Seen them only about 14 times, but that includes front row at Adelaide 2014 and SITTING ONE BUM CHEEK ON STAGE for the whole show at The Enmore Theatre show in Sydney in 2003.

Rod

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: December 1, 2021 14:56

Sérgio,
From Portugal.

1st show was Madrid 1990, June 26.

Last show, so far, Paris 2017, October 22.

All started back in 1981, when my father gave me an LP called, “Story of the Stones”, an ABKCO best of.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: December 1, 2021 15:17

Craig from Scotland

Borrowed Still Life from my sister in '85

Heard beginning of Under My Thumb

Hooked for life

Seen Stones 6 times

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: December 1, 2021 17:31

Julien from Paris, France. 40 years old.
I borrowed the London Years to a friend 20 years ago, what a shock !
I've seen them 3 times live.

Fav bootleg : STP 72 (Philly 21st, morning show)

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: December 1, 2021 18:24

Daryl from Essex, England.

I have been a longtime lurker/reader, but I never noticed this thread until today!

My first Stones show was Wembley Stadium 1995.

I also have a Stones Instagram page - www.instagram.com/rollingstonescollector

Hello smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 18:25 by Barkerboy2.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: December 2, 2021 17:21

Dan AKA Nasty Habits

44 & counting, born and bred on the South Coast of England. I can lay claim to the fact that I was also at Matt Lee’s first show on the 16th July 95. But in my case it was my second as I had seen them on the 11th July.

Some of you will know me for the Heinz design that was bought to life courtesy of Matt Lee and is now becoming legendary in it’s own right. First started using this site around 2003/4 having been aware of IORR magazine in the 90’s. Used to get my copies of IORR, Shattered and Basement News from the likes of Vinyl Experience and record shops alike on trips up to London or days that I went up to work with my Dad.

Haven’t been to as many Stones shows as I would have liked. But did get to see them on my 30th birthday in Brno which takes some topping as far as 30th’s go.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-02 19:51 by Nasty Habits.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: December 2, 2021 17:42

One bum cheek on stage at the Enmore??
I'm surprised Midnight Rambler didn't blow you off stage. That must have been one hell of a surprise opener!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 2, 2021 17:45

Nasty Habits
Dan AKA Nasty Habits

…Some of you will know me for the Heinz design that was bought to life courtesy of Matt Lee and is now becoming legendary in it’s own right…

I covet that shirt. V-neck please! smiling smiley

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: December 2, 2021 17:59

I recall reading your story on UC list like after B2B but before Licks...

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: December 2, 2021 19:17

I could say a few words as well.
I'm Jan from Vasa in Finland.
My age is depending a bit on when (what year) you read this. Easier to say that I was born on the same year that the Stones did their first ever gig.

My first gig was in Göteborg August 1990,
Last so far is in the city that I always spell wrongly so it is easier to say that is was in Poland in 2018.
In total 32 gigs so far, hoping for a few more.

Not interested in gig song list discussions and if Taylor or Wood is the better Stone.

My biggest passion is collecting records. I actually prefer to buy another RSM.1 instead of going to more gigs...
I have a rather interesting Decca Records collection and a few US hard to find records and stuff. Some of you may have seen my internet page called stonesondecca.com

Been here hanging around so long that I can't remember, late 90's I think.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 2, 2021 19:26

Saw you in Go'kväll, Jan. You did well! Nice to some records from your collection there.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 3, 2021 01:34

JadedFaded
Hi. Julie originally from Philadelphia, now living in Southern California. First saw the Stones in 1972 when I was 15 years old at the Spectrum in Philly. Have seen them 60 times.

These are the cities and venues: Philadelphia (Spectrum, First Union Center, Wachovia Center, JFK Stadium, Veterans Stadium), New Jersey (Atlantic City Convention Center, Meadowlands, Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium, Met Life), New York (Madison Square Garden), Connecticut (Hartford Civic Center), Milwaukee (Marcus Amphitheater), Washington DC (FedEx Field, MCI Center), San Diego (Petco Park), Los Angeles (Rosebowl, Forum, Dodger Stadium, SoFi, Hollywood Bowl), Anaheim (Honda Center, the Pond, Angels Stadium), Fresno (Save Mart Center), San Francisco (Candlestick Park, SBC Park), Desert trip (Coachella), Las Vegas (MGM Grand, T-Mobil, Allegiant), Glendale Arizona (Glendale Arena, State Farm Stadium), Mexico City (Foro Sol), Munich (Olympiastadion), Zurich (Militärflugplatz Dübendorf), Stuttgart (Gottlieb Daimler Stadion), Stockholm (Stockholm Stadion, Globen Arena, Cirkus)

Also saw Keith at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia and was at Live Aid at JFK Stadium in Philly.

None of my friends were serious Stones fans. I dragged a few to concerts with me and they enjoyed themselves, but mostly I went to see the Stones by myself. Made some good friends in Stockholm (from NY, Maryland and Switzerland). Those were the first people I knew who were just like me, who went to see the Stones as often as possible. Through them I learned of this site, and that opened up a whole community of Stones super fans. My family and friends always thought I was crazy to see the Stones so often. But everyone here on this site is part of my Stones family. Thank you all for confirming that I am not crazy. God bless The Rolling Stones.

JadedFaded You've been some cool stadiums, I can only dream of going to them places... smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-03 01:34 by colonial.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: December 3, 2021 10:47

Hannes, 48, from Regensburg, Germany. Further given names (in 1973): Alexander. Theodor. (no kidding).
First RS record EOMS, LP 2, a fleet market find. Then Black and Blue LP from my elder sister.
KR is a hero to me (but not a role model).
First show: Munich (1) in June 1990.
Best shows: Waldbühne ´14 in the pit, London O2 (1) and maybe Leipzig ´03 with AC/DC. And every single one of my other shows, nineteen altogether spread over Central Europe. No gang around me, I don´t mind travelling alone.
I love the Rolling Stones, most everything about them: the sound. the shows. the style. the stories. the drama. the grandezza. I still visit the shop in my hometown where MJ bought the birthday present for „Goldie T&T´s“ 60th birthday.
I´m a guitar owner (not really a „musician“ but not a „cable thief“ either).
I also like Elvis Presley, Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen and Nick Cave a lot!
Further likes: Black Crowes, Bowie, Prince, BB King, Aerosmith, ACDC, SRV, Van Halen, DLR, Georgia Satellites, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Bob Seger, early Sheryl Crow (first three records),Faith No More. Van the Man. Early G n´R. I´m a late 80´s / early 90´s child. Stoppok and Ostbahn Kurti, of course.
I read on IORR every day. Have for years. Especially during this pandemic (which feels like a bad trip, slowing everything down while I would love (and need) to be in motion), it´s a safe harbour in the tempest. I love opinions, even if I don´t share them.
Hats off to Mr. Vig.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 12:51

Nasty Habits
Dan AKA Nasty Habits

44 & counting, born and bred on the South Coast of England. I can lay claim to the fact that I was also at Matt Lee’s first show on the 16th July 95. But in my case it was my second as I had seen them on the 11th July.

Some of you will know me for the Heinz design that was bought to life courtesy of Matt Lee and is now becoming legendary in it’s own right. First started using this site around 2003/4 having been aware of IORR magazine in the 90’s. Used to get my copies of IORR, Shattered and Basement News from the likes of Vinyl Experience and record shops alike on trips up to London or days that I went up to work with my Dad.

Haven’t been to as many Stones shows as I would have liked. But did get to see them on my 30th birthday in Brno which takes some topping as far as 30th’s go.

I was also at Matt Lee's first show. It was my first show too!

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 3, 2021 14:52

Daniel from Saguenay, Quebec, Canada. High school teacher, 58 years old. Member since 1997. Saw the Stones 12 times between Montreal 1989 and Nashville 2021.

Date: December 3, 2021 19:53

johnnythunders
What a great idea for a thread!

First gig was Earls Court 1976 where the sound was so bad I nearly gave up on the band. Luckily I gave them a second chance at Knebworth later that summer which was much better. Since then I have seen them on every UK and European tour in London, Paris, Stockholm and Zurich.

Memorable moments: being one of 80 familes and friends (I am neither) at the Ronnie Wood / Mick Taylor Troubadour gig, working behind the bar at an aftershow in Ronnie Wood's back garden, getting my left arm pictured in the Evening Standard during the Shepherd's Bush gig. Meeting SilverDagger and ManOfWealthAndTaste. And now having a record label that issues Stones archive material (www.1960s.london)

And of course meeting BV when we were both interviewed for the video that introduced the 2012 London gigs (think DandelionPowderMan also involved). BV, thank you for everything you continue to do for this brilliant community

johnnythunders thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 4, 2021 02:43

bakersfield
One bum cheek on stage at the Enmore??
I'm surprised Midnight Rambler didn't blow you off stage. That must have been one hell of a surprise opener!

It would have been had I not been able to read Charlie’s Perspex set list!

Rod

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 4, 2021 10:28

I am Stargroover,pleased to meet you

Date: December 4, 2021 18:51

EddieByword
Anyone know how Colonial is?...........no post for 6 months..... [iorr.org]

EddieByword yea cheers mate smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 4, 2021 22:16

colonial
EddieByword
Anyone know how Colonial is?...........no post for 6 months..... [iorr.org]

EddieByword yea cheers mate smileys with beer

Heh, Colonial..........good one.........thumbs up

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: December 6, 2021 10:15

Hi, I am Nino from Berkeley, Ca.

I have been to 18 shows - half in the US, half in Europe. I am trying to catch up to other people on IORR and hope to see a lot more shows! My first show was in San Francisco in 2006. Over time, I have seen some good shows: the last night of the Bigger Bang Tour at the O2 in 2007; Hyde Park 1, 2 in 2013; and Paris 1, 2, 3 in 2017. My last show was at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Ca. in 2019. I am content if that was my last show, but I hope it was not. I didn’t see any shows this year because of Covid which made me really sad especially since Los Angeles 1, 2 were not that far from my home.

In 2006, I had a ticket for one of the shows that got cancelled when Keith fell out of the coconut tree in Fiji! Remember?! I couldn’t go to the rescheduled show. So, I got a ticket to see the Stones in Horsens, Denmark which I think ended up being my all-time favorite show. I liked it because the Danes were really into it; also, the stage was the lowest I have ever seen it and I was right along the catwalk. I was really close to Mick when he walked by; also, I wasn’t aware of how lucky I was, the Stones don't play it often, but I got to hear the Stones play “Sway”!

I am sure everyone on IORR is just like me: at every show, at the end, I say to myself, “you know, I think I would like to go see the Stones one more time…!”

I always go to Ronnie’s side in the pit because I think Mick hangs out more and takes his breaks on Ronnie’s side. I am one of the guys in the pit who always turns around and watches Mick as he goes all the way down the catwalk when I think everyone is supposed to look at Keith who moves to center stage at that time. No offense Keith!

By the way, for a few years, I have been thinking of changing my IORR name from OhYesMeAgain to JumpinNinoFlash! But, I don't want to offend JumpinKentFlash who came up with the clever idea of substituting your own name for Jack in the name of the song.

I've had a good time following the Stones!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-06 10:28 by OhYesMeAgain.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 6, 2021 12:48

Been here since Licks Tour 2002-2003. And also been a subscriber to Björnulfs magnificent magazine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-06 12:49 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: rubysunday ()
Date: December 7, 2021 21:03

Hi! I'm Mae, 25, I'm French and I live in London.
I've been reading posts on here for a few months but just decided to register.
I'm a huge fan of the Stones, but obviously haven't followed their career for as long as the vast majority of fans here, so I really enjoy reading about everyone's knowledge of the band's work. smiling smiley
Some of my favourite songs are Ruby Tuesday, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Live With Me and Worried About You. I find it so interesting to learn about a career as extensive and varied as this band's, and aside from the great music, it's given me a deeper understanding of British life and culture and of a lot of artists (especially in blues).
I've only seen the Rolling Stones in concert once, during their 2018 UK tour, and it was awesome. I'm definitely hoping they can do shows here / in Europe next year!
And thank you to everyone who documented the latest US tour, after Charlie Watts's passing, it was comforting to be able to follow it and see things going as great as they did.

Date: December 8, 2021 12:15

rubysunday
Hi! I'm Mae, 25, I'm French and I live in London.
I've been reading posts on here for a few months but just decided to register.
I'm a huge fan of the Stones, but obviously haven't followed their career for as long as the vast majority of fans here, so I really enjoy reading about everyone's knowledge of the band's work. smiling smiley
Some of my favourite songs are Ruby Tuesday, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Live With Me and Worried About You. I find it so interesting to learn about a career as extensive and varied as this band's, and aside from the great music, it's given me a deeper understanding of British life and culture and of a lot of artists (especially in blues).
I've only seen the Rolling Stones in concert once, during their 2018 UK tour, and it was awesome. I'm definitely hoping they can do shows here / in Europe next year!
And thank you to everyone who documented the latest US tour, after Charlie Watts's passing, it was comforting to be able to follow it and see things going as great as they did.

rubysunday thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: December 11, 2021 20:04

Mike from lower Alabama, I have seen the Rolling Stones 14 times and on every U.S. tour since seeing them for the first time in 1978 at the Superdome. Van Halen and the Doobie Brothers opened for them and at the time, I believe this set a world record for attendance at an indoor concert, 80.000 or so. I enjoyed immensely each show and was fortunate enough to be in Pit 1 in Atlanta this year. Have been listening to them since 1964-65 and favorite albums are Sticky Fingers, Exile, Black & Blue and Some Girls. Other all time favorite bands or artists are The Kinks, The Byrds, The Call and Graham Parker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-11 20:05 by RSbestbandever.

Date: December 13, 2021 00:52

kovach
Mike from St. Louis.

Seen the Stones 11 times I think, every tour since and including '81, Bigger Bang tour twice (and have tickets to #12 No Filter in St. Louis if it happens).

Went to both Chuck Berry shows with Keith.

Shows include Chicago a couple times, Columbus OH, Columbia MO, Memphis, San Francisco, KC, 4X in St. Louis.

Probably 300+ other shows in my life

kovach thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 13, 2021 00:55

stargroover
I am Stargroover,pleased to meet you

stargroover thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 13, 2021 00:59

RSbestbandever
Mike from lower Alabama, I have seen the Rolling Stones 14 times and on every U.S. tour since seeing them for the first time in 1978 at the Superdome. Van Halen and the Doobie Brothers opened for them and at the time, I believe this set a world record for attendance at an indoor concert, 80.000 or so. I enjoyed immensely each show and was fortunate enough to be in Pit 1 in Atlanta this year. Have been listening to them since 1964-65 and favorite albums are Sticky Fingers, Exile, Black & Blue and Some Girls. Other all time favorite bands or artists are The Kinks, The Byrds, The Call and Graham Parker.

RSbestbandever thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home