Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Date: March 5, 2021 13:00

TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

hahaha nope, I prefer Stones 1972/1973 anytime above the recent stuff! Always. Sorry dude. grinning smiley

Why is it that you're less interested in the post Black & Blue Stones may I ask ?

And why not 1969/70? smoking smiley

Date: March 5, 2021 15:54

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

hahaha nope, I prefer Stones 1972/1973 anytime above the recent stuff! Always. Sorry dude. grinning smiley

Why is it that you're less interested in the post Black & Blue Stones may I ask ?

He said 1968-1974, see page 3.

Date: March 5, 2021 17:47

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

And this:

<I prefer Stones 1972/1973 anytime>

Date: March 5, 2021 19:16

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

And this:<I prefer Stones 1972/1973 anytime>

Please don't undermine the main-subject.cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 19:22 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: March 5, 2021 20:58

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

ok ok ok, all live concerts from 1969 to 1973. LOL grinning smiley

Date: March 5, 2021 21:42

DiamondDog7
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

ok ok ok, all live concerts from 1969 to 1973. LOL grinning smiley

grinning smiley

Date: March 5, 2021 21:51

Why is it that you're less interested in the post Black & Blue Stones may I ask ? smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 21:55 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: March 5, 2021 22:04

TheflyingDutchman

Good question.

I do love Black and Blue. Sometimes I do listen to Tattoo You. But nothing else besides that.

But I just love the sound and vibe from Brian Jones and especially Mick Taylor. I love MT's guitarplay very much and the whole style during that era.

Ronnie Wood is a good guitarist and I don't underestimate him. But his sound is sloppy and not always on point on some live tracks. Besides that, I don't really like the Stones music after Some Girls.

I still have loads of respect for the Stones, but I don't like the recent setlists (warhorses) and the recent songs. And I prefer the Stones in their heydays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 23:12 by DiamondDog7.

Date: March 5, 2021 22:09

That's crystal clear.Thanks for your answer. thumbs up

Posted by: toostoned ()
Date: March 6, 2021 01:05

Poul from Aarhus, Denmark here.
I became a Stones fan when I heard "Honky Tonk Women" in 1969.
Even more fan after my first concert in Aarhus, Denmark in 1973.
My so far last Stones concerts were the two shows in London in May 2018.
I have been to 42 Stones shows in 9 different countries.
Sometimes I go to concerts alone, other times with my wife, also sometimes with friends.
I have many favorite songs, but some of the ones I always return to are "You Can`t Always Get What You Want", "Tumbling Dice", "She Smiled Sweetly", "Beast Of Burden", "Ain't Too Proud to Beg "," Get Off of My Cloud "," I'm Free ", and many more.
My wife is also Danish, and Stones fan, we got married in London and my wife walked up the church floor to "Angie".
Our home is decorated with lots of Stones memories.
All concert tickets together with photos decorate the framing of a large mirror.
I met Mick Jagger for 5-10 seconds at their hotel the day after the concert in San Sebastian, Spain in 2007. Face to face I was told "thank you Mick" and he gave me a pat on the back and the big Jagger smile.
I have met and talked to Ron wood twice. First outside the Royal Albert Hall, London in 2003, the second time when he was with Faces in Randers, Denmark in 2010.
Biggest Stones experience was the small club show in Circus Kroner, Munich, Germany in 2003.
Also the concerts in New York January 2006 in MSG, and the concert at "Der Waldbühne" in Berlin in 2014, are fantastic memories.
Many thanks to BV for all the good information over many years.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 6, 2021 08:45

Hi there,

It’s me Rob. 32 years old from the Netherlands, I must be one of the younger ones here. I’ve been around on this forum since I was 14. I’ve seen the Stones 14 times live all over Europe and in New Jersey USA last year. I only met Charlie in 2014 the day before they played Pinkpop and had a little chitchat with hem. I dreamt zo many times about having a meet-up with Mick, but unfortunately it never happened (and I am for sure it will never happen anymore..) I planned a road trip all across the USA last year to see the Stones on several places for their No Filter 2020 Tour.. but there was COVID showing up around the corner.

I pray every day to see them live again.. just one more time.

My life is all about the Stones, my dog is named Jagger and my 5 weeks old son is already wearing Stones stuff.

Besides of that I am a big football (soccer) fan and I support the club Ajax from Amsterdam.

Guys, I hope to see you all again in better times. Please stay safe!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 14:36 by RG.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 8, 2021 03:25

DiamondDog7
timbernardis
DiamondDog7
Born and raised in Rotterdam (The Netherlands)

39 years old.

My first record of the Stones was Rewind, and then More Hot Rocks, Sticky Fingers. On cassette! grinning smiley I've played those cassettes over and over again. The sound is totally destroyed by now! LOL

My favorite Stones periods are with Brian Jones and Mick Taylor. Let's say from 1968 to 1974. Although I also dig Black and Blue.

Unfortunately I've never been to a Stones concert before. I was not a big fan in my early days and later on I couldn't afford a ticket. But I prefer to see those old concert movies anyway.

try to get Lucky Dip tickets. Those are affordable at $70-90 for a pair.

BTW, see them once live and you'll quit preferring seeing those old concert movies.

plexi

Thanks for the tip. ;-)

You're just jealous cuz you've never seen them live.

plexi

Date: March 8, 2021 16:19

timbernardis
DiamondDog7
timbernardis
DiamondDog7
Born and raised in Rotterdam (The Netherlands)

39 years old.

My first record of the Stones was Rewind, and then More Hot Rocks, Sticky Fingers. On cassette! grinning smiley I've played those cassettes over and over again. The sound is totally destroyed by now! LOL

My favorite Stones periods are with Brian Jones and Mick Taylor. Let's say from 1968 to 1974. Although I also dig Black and Blue.

Unfortunately I've never been to a Stones concert before. I was not a big fan in my early days and later on I couldn't afford a ticket. But I prefer to see those old concert movies anyway.

try to get Lucky Dip tickets. Those are affordable at $70-90 for a pair.

BTW, see them once live and you'll quit preferring seeing those old concert movies.

plexi

Thanks for the tip. ;-)

You're just jealous cuz you've never seen them live.

plexi

N O P E!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 10, 2021 18:36

Silver Dagger
Silver Dagger aka Mike. Born and bred in London, now resident in Herts. First saw the Stones at Wembley 73 (Sept 8). Yep, that's my recording of the early show. Also recorded them at Knebworth 76, with that really unusual Wall of Keith sound.

Seen them 41 times and hope to see them a few more before they retire.

Best show, in hindsight, was the 1st at Wembley Empire Pool in 73. Most special was Shepherds Bush Empire in 99.

Big fan of the IORR Band who are absolutely the best thing you'll ever see to the real thing. And a real nice bunch of guys too. Just like Mick! >grinning smiley<

Silver Dagger thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: March 11, 2021 03:16

kovach
Mike from St. Louis.

Seen the Stones 11 times I think, every tour since and including '81, Bigger Bang tour twice (and have tickets to #12 No Filter in St. Louis if it happens).

Went to both Chuck Berry shows with Keith.

Shows include Chicago a couple times, Columbus OH, Columbia MO, Memphis, San Francisco, KC, 4X in St. Louis.

Probably 300+ other shows in my life[/quote

I was at both Fox shows too! Had some pretty good seats, brawhahahaha!

Seen them multiple times in Saint Louis and California.

CBII

Date: March 13, 2021 13:57

Hairball
Eric, 57, from Southern California, living on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. Found this site back in 2002, and have been causing havoc ever since ha.
I've also lived in England, Hawaii, and the Netherlands at various points of my life and for various lengths of time, but am always drawn back to the SoCal/Pacific Ocean like a fish out of water.
Been a Stones fan since I can remember - from hearing Satisfaction on the radio in the '60's, to filtering through my older brothers collection in the early '70's, to buying Made in the Shade when it was released in '75.
First saw them in '81, and have seen them 62 times since. Not sure if I'll ever be fortunate and have the opportunity to see them again (damn the pandemic), but have accepted the fact as I've got zillions of good memories.
Stadium, arenas, theaters, clubs...partying with thousands of fellow fans along the way....thousands upon thousands of dollars spent ha...all the traveling, merchandise, recordings, etc...and still surviving after all these years.
Meanwhile, still waiting for a new album and/or another new single dammit. If not, will have to settle for another compilation ...grrr...what a joy that would be. Hopefully some surprises for the 60th anniversary next year.thumbs up

Hairball
thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 24, 2021 00:36

Adrian-L
I'm Adrian

born 1970 in the Thames Delta

First Stones gig - Wembley 1990.... and many times since (including on my 29th birthday at Wembley Stadium)

Be Safe & hope to see some of you soon.

Adrian-L thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 30, 2021 15:46

Elmo Lewis
Elmo aka Scotty from Georgia, USA. Born in 1960. 60 years old.

11 shows beginning in 1981 - every US tour since (1979 if ya count The New Barbarians)

Loved the band since GHS.

Elmo Lewis thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: April 26, 2021 23:38

grzegorz67
I’m Gregor and I’ve met many other IORRIANS in person, especially in the post 2012 era.

I’m 53 and originally from Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland but I’ve lived in Oxfordshire, England for nearly 40 years. However, my original Scottish accent remains intact and I’m still very much a Scot.

38 gigs and counting, the first of those being Wembley 1990, Bill’s 2nd last show. I thought at the time it would be my only lifetime show - snigger, snigger grinning smiley

I’d had an interest in the band since the age of 9 in 1976 when my dad bought the Rolled Gold compilation and played it loudly whenever he had people round, with me upstairs listening. I was already into the Beatles and was sad they’d Split up. I asked my dad when the Stones split up and he said they’re still going and my fascination with them grew and grew.

I too am a friend and fan of the IORR band. I’ve been present at 2 of their 3 gigs. Guys, when the Stones finally stop, you need to take over and carry the flame winking smiley

grzegorz67 yea, good one mate smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: May 22, 2021 22:59

midimannz
Midimannz from Auckland, New Zealand

I was in Queenstown two weeks ago on holiday

I make Rolling Stones complete YouTube concerts in my free time, first show 1973 recorded with my trusty cassette player in the front against the fence

midimannz thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 26, 2021 16:11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-26 16:38 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 26, 2021 16:18

Anyone know how Colonial is?...........no post for 6 months..... [iorr.org]

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 27, 2021 21:29

Hi. Julie originally from Philadelphia, now living in Southern California. First saw the Stones in 1972 when I was 15 years old at the Spectrum in Philly. Have seen them 60 times.

These are the cities and venues: Philadelphia (Spectrum, First Union Center, Wachovia Center, JFK Stadium, Veterans Stadium), New Jersey (Atlantic City Convention Center, Meadowlands, Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium, Met Life), New York (Madison Square Garden), Connecticut (Hartford Civic Center), Milwaukee (Marcus Amphitheater), Washington DC (FedEx Field, MCI Center), San Diego (Petco Park), Los Angeles (Rosebowl, Forum, Dodger Stadium, SoFi, Hollywood Bowl), Anaheim (Honda Center, the Pond, Angels Stadium), Fresno (Save Mart Center), San Francisco (Candlestick Park, SBC Park), Desert trip (Coachella), Las Vegas (MGM Grand, T-Mobil, Allegiant), Glendale Arizona (Glendale Arena, State Farm Stadium), Mexico City (Foro Sol), Munich (Olympiastadion), Zurich (Militärflugplatz Dübendorf), Stuttgart (Gottlieb Daimler Stadion), Stockholm (Stockholm Stadion, Globen Arena, Cirkus)

Also saw Keith at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia and was at Live Aid at JFK Stadium in Philly.

None of my friends were serious Stones fans. I dragged a few to concerts with me and they enjoyed themselves, but mostly I went to see the Stones by myself. Made some good friends in Stockholm (from NY, Maryland and Switzerland). Those were the first people I knew who were just like me, who went to see the Stones as often as possible. Through them I learned of this site, and that opened up a whole community of Stones super fans. My family and friends always thought I was crazy to see the Stones so often. But everyone here on this site is part of my Stones family. Thank you all for confirming that I am not crazy. God bless The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 28, 2021 02:25

Dirk from Germany, 45 yrs old.
First gig was 1990 in Gelsenkirchen, my dad took me, he is a Stones fan as well and I remember listening to HOT ROCKS many times when I was a little child. I took my 5 year old son to see the Stones in Düsseldorf 2017 - with Charlie Watts and Bobby Keys. What a great night!
I found this site in the late 90ies and love reading what you guys write, think and experienced. Also I learned many things on this forum - for example how to get really good tickets for face value. Thx BV for all this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-28 02:28 by schwonek.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 28, 2021 03:31

Steffi from the Bronx, NY
Started life as a Beatles fan (still am of course) but got woke in 1978 at my first Stones show in Philadelphia. I've seen somewhere between 25 and 30 shows...lost count. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see them at all this time around. I'm praying for 2022.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 28, 2021 18:41

I'm Michael from Germany, 58 and a Stones fan since my uncle listened to them.in the late sixties. At least that was the first contact... In 1975 I started to record cassettes from the radio. In 1976 I sae the tourpostets hanging in the small town, where I lived. But no chance to go. Too young, Too far. In 1977 I bought "Love You Live". Then in 1978 "Some Girls" and then everything...
In 1979 I was wsiting tfor a tour, that did mot happen. In 1982 I saw them 5 times and since then about 25x.
I play guitar and sing and do play many of their ballads, slower tunes and some rockers.
And I'm happy, they still roll on!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 28, 2021 19:13

What a great idea for a thread!

First gig was Earls Court 1976 where the sound was so bad I nearly gave up on the band. Luckily I gave them a second chance at Knebworth later that summer which was much better. Since then I have seen them on every UK and European tour in London, Paris, Stockholm and Zurich.

Memorable moments: being one of 80 familes and friends (I am neither) at the Ronnie Wood / Mick Taylor Troubadour gig, working behind the bar at an aftershow in Ronnie Wood's back garden, getting my left arm pictured in the Evening Standard during the Shepherd's Bush gig. Meeting SilverDagger and ManOfWealthAndTaste. And now having a record label that issues Stones archive material (www.1960s.london)

And of course meeting BV when we were both interviewed for the video that introduced the 2012 London gigs (think DandelionPowderMan also involved). BV, thank you for everything you continue to do for this brilliant community

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 29, 2021 21:50

I am People With Eyes, 1975 vintage, brought up and taught up in England, a decade in Mexico and now residing on a Greek island.

I've seen the Stones 3 1/2 times, the last being at Twickenham with my 3 youngish children (who loved it).

Pleased to meetcha

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 29, 2021 21:59

peoplewitheyes
I am People With Eyes, 1975 vintage, brought up and taught up in England, a decade in Mexico and now residing on a Greek island.

I've seen the Stones 3 1/2 times, the last being at Twickenham with my 3 youngish children (who loved it).

Pleased to meetcha

You have to tell us how you saw the Stones three and a half times!

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: November 29, 2021 22:09

I'm Steve

I live in Anglesey, though I'm from Essex originally.

First gig was Wembley 25/6/82

Picked up an Astoria ticket face value from the landmark hotel on the day thanks to Humphrey at 'Shattered!' magazine, that I used to write for. It was a thrill to be so close, but Wembley Arena two days later was much a better performance.

I work as a freelance behaviour consultant, helping schools improve pupil behaviour. Which usually means changing the teachers' behaviour first smiling smiley

My claim to fame is that when i was a teacher, I read a poem called 'I wanna be yours' to a teenage Alex Turner. the rest is history!

Steve

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home