Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 23, 2021 06:29

ProfessorWolf
Professorwolf from tiny rural town of Glenoma, Washington USA never been to a stones show but due to OCD related to my autism i am very obsessive and the stones have taken a large chunk of my obsessive powers since i found them when i was 17 (thanks mom) about 10 years ago since then i've been collecting every bootleg & official thing i can get my hands on (CD, tape, 8track, vinyl, beta, vhs, laser disc, dvd, those wierd flexi discs, wax cylinders, ancient cave etchings Etc.)
so gratful to those on here who have shared there wisdom & collections with me and the world thus fueling my totaly healthy obsession

but not reel to reel??

plexi

Date: February 23, 2021 09:39

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Bård from Oslo, Norway.

I stumbled over this site in 1997, while looking for info on the B2B-album. IORR has been my go-to site for nearly half of my life now - time flies!

A wonderful site, with lots of great, knowledgable people. We even have our own band, of which I'm part of.

Does your wife ever question the amount of time you spend on here Bård?

It must be something that has to do with his proximity to the IORR power source who also resides in Oslo, or not too far away. The closer one is to BV, the stronger the urge to spend time on IORR and to piss one's wife off. An irresistible appeal, really.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-23 09:46 by timbernardis.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 23, 2021 10:46

I am a Stones Fan since 1970, when I was 9.
Listening to Get Yer Ya Ya's Out on my cassette recorder.
And looking at the cover of the album a while later seeing a man beside a donkey with a drumkit, looking at the back of the cover, seeiing Mick for the first time, and Keith, and Charlie, Bill, and Mick T.
Putting it on my fathers stereo (Braun!), having it all in full sound and volume.
That hit me. And didn't left me ever since.
77 concerts so far.
First one Hannover, Germany 1982.
Last one Marseille, France 2018.
So many "best concerts" for so many and different reasons.
But Olympia, Paris 1995 stands out.
And Barcelona 2003. Where I came with no ticket and ended up working for the stage crew. Just one of so many stories I had with them. Met only personally Mick. But this for several times - each of those meetings is a dream-tale of its own. In 2017 "Der Spiegel", Germanies biggest Magazine aks me to write down all my Stones-Stories. They printed a 7 page-article in the end. And of course it was a another Stones dream come true. I send the article to BV and he like it a lot. I didn't shared it here on IORR becaudse its German and I thought my be too swanky. But what the heck, we all have our Stones-Stories, some great ones I read here. And I believe that the secret of getting fantastic Stones-experiences is in the name of the band: Rolling! Just roll with them, their music, their concerts, their output and the rest will follow by itself. And, second: I do believe TOTALLY it the second part of YCAGWYW: "...but if you try sometimes, you just might find, that you get what you need." Never stop trying!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-23 10:57 by caschimann.

Date: February 23, 2021 10:54

timbernardis
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Bård from Oslo, Norway.

I stumbled over this site in 1997, while looking for info on the B2B-album. IORR has been my go-to site for nearly half of my life now - time flies!

A wonderful site, with lots of great, knowledgable people. We even have our own band, of which I'm part of.

Does your wife ever question the amount of time you spend on here Bård?

It must be something that has to do with his proximity to the IORR power source who also resides in Oslo, or not too far away. The closer one is to BV, the stronger the urge to spend time on IORR and to piss one's wife off. An irresistible appeal, really.

plexi

grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 24, 2021 06:40

CJ from the coast of Georgia, USA right near Elmo Lewis. Known among many on IORR for having posted exclusively in blue bold (with an occasional other color for accent) for many years.

It reads that I registered on IORR 16 years ago, but I recall being on it in 1997 arranging to meet up with JR to see the band at Jack Kent Cooke in DC. (Fabulous Star Star that night!) I must have used another name. Lots of brain cells ago.

Had tix to Hampton 12.19.81, but a root canal required me to sell them. 1st show was ATL 89 (amazing!), and there have been 11 total with Jax 2019 (ugh!) being the last and first since Nashville 2002 (Amazing!). Best show - Aragon Ballroom in 2002 and meeting Filstan, Debbie Tiger, and a ton of other IORRs at the Double Door the night before the Stones' Aragon show.

I have collected this band since 1971 or so when I got HTW as a 45. I've accumulated a massive Stones' US & UK collection with some tasty and sick rare stuff, including US & UK vinyl, all kinds of vinyl boots, and tour posters as far back as 1969.

Used to trade tapes and then CD boots all over the world and with many folks on here. I read IORR a lot. It's been a great ride thus far!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 24, 2021 16:19

Hi stonesstein, thanks for your intro.

Regarding your weakness for blue bold:

As per my humble perception, I consider bold type, colour, caps etc. on such a board as this as highly annoying. Guess I am not the only one. Especially that blue colour causes a pain in my eye. Moreover it highly reduces the quick and easy readability of your text.

Pardon me. But I had to remark that.

d.f

Date: February 25, 2021 06:12

Hi dead.flowers,

Many could reasonably find your post condescending, annoying, snarky, rude, whiny, and insulting, but, as a trial lawyer, I do not. I recognize your right to form your own opinion and believe that you are entitled express it on IORR without criticism.

However, since it appears that my posts annoy you and cause you physical pain, and because I truly do not want you to be annoyed ever again or to suffer any more eye pain, I'll respectfully request that you never again read any of my posts after this one. If you'd favor me with complying with this most respectful request, I'll know that my choice (not weakness) of font and color will never again cause you any more problems like the ones it has already.

Pardon me for any offense you take or have taken,

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 25, 2021 12:05

OK, Sir, sorry, I never meant to offend you, just some remark on the outer appearance of you posts, which, however, you seemingly value a lot. Wow, but now you give me a lot of adjectives, seems I touched a wound point. Being a lawyer by trade, do you also layout your briefs in colour and bold etc.? I don't believe so. Such layout of posts looks to me like a shout for special attention. But that design affects the easy readability of the post, distracts the attention. There are tens of thousands of posters on this board, all do post in regular type, no caps, no colour, no bold font. And it works. How would this board look like if every poster would use different type of layout, bold, colour, caps etc.? Just MHO. Don't take me to court for it, please.

d.f

Date: February 25, 2021 15:03

Marcel, born in 1960. First record that made me very interested in Stones
music was Yaya's. Saw them live in Rotterdam,1973 at the age of 14 thanks to my older sister who gave me her ticket. Jack Bruce with Mick Taylor in 1975, because Taylor was my favourite Stone. I stopped following Stones music after black and Blue until the internet became available. I still love to watch and listen to the Taylor years and some other Stones stuff every now and then. Found
this site around 2009,my then nickname "Amsterdamned" and even got in touch with Taylor's manager/girlfriend at the time. We had quite a lot of conversations on facebook until a few years ago. I almost had an appointment with Taylor for some kind of tuition in Amsterdam around 2011. I hesitated and blew a once in a lifetime chance to meet my old guitar hero at home. If it wasn't for Mick Taylor I probably never would have picked up the guitar at the age of 10. I thank him for that.thumbs up And thanks to the Rolling Stones as a band for realising me what good music can be all about.Thanks to BV and all the contributors here to make this site possible.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 25, 2021 17:36

mattleeuk
colonial
sarahunwin
Hi Matt! Hope you are staying well in London. Looking forward to the book! Love Sparkly Top

An official Rolling Stones stats book would be great

I am afraid you will be disappointed with my book, it's not a stats book, it's a visual feast. A book full of images of memorabilia from my collection, 1,500+ items from early gig posters to modern autographs and everything in between! Even a 1972 tour Toilet Seat cover ;-) Some short adventure stories but it's all about the stuff! Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff! Can’t get enough!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 25, 2021 17:39

NICOS
bv
Bjørnulf Vik, Asker, Norway
I am not really a member of IORR, because I started IORR, back in Nov. 1980, and this web site in 1995.
My first Stones show was at Scandinavium Arena, Gothenburg, Sweden, Oct 6, 1973.
My so far last Stones show was at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, FL, USA, Aug 30, 2019.
Between these two shows I have seen them more than 500 times live and several times rehearsals, lost count many years ago.
These days I go wherever they go, I would not miss a show.
My next show will be this year or next year, as soon as we get this pandemic sorted out.
I am still married to my girl friend who went with me to my first Stones show in 1973.
Luckily she is not crazy about the Stones - that makes my travel budgets larger.
My Stones collection is a big mess because I never have time to sort it out.
My speciality is memories, they don't take up much space.
Then I love pictures, old printed magazines, posters, promo photos, press conference stuff, all their music, of course, also bootlegs, and I own most Stones books printed.
My favorite shows have been in Argentina, seen them many times there.
Also "She Smiled Sweetly" at Roseland NYC was an eternal memory.
First I was a Charlie fan, then I was a Keith fan, then I was a Ronnie fan, and then I was a Mick fan, these days I love them all equally.
My saddest Stones moment was flying home from Perth Australia, via Aucland NZ, SF USA, Copenhagen and eventually Norway, March 19-21 2014, lots of emotions, many tears, but then they started the tour in Norway two months later, so no more sad days.
Normally I am a very private person but some times I think what the heck...

Nice read BV thanks

We love you BV!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 25, 2021 19:11

Thanks for the Intro, Bjornulf.
So nice to meet you on your site. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 26, 2021 19:00

I thought this thread has a stronger potency than just 3 pages.
We tellin' us who we are!
I thought this can go on for pages and pages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-26 19:02 by caschimann.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 26, 2021 19:25

Kent from Horsens, Denmark here.
Seen the Stones 9 times, mostly in Denmark but also in Germany, England and the Czech Republic.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: michaelried ()
Date: February 26, 2021 22:09

Michael from Germany

fan since 1986, first show washington DC 1989, best in France at the LÓlympia July -3- 1995, last Stuttgart 30.6.2018
next ? hope to see them on their 2022 anniversary tour
can´t wait

Date: February 28, 2021 18:44

dead.flowers
OK, Sir, sorry, I never meant to offend you, just some remark on the outer appearance of you posts, which, however, you seemingly value a lot. Wow, but now you give me a lot of adjectives, seems I touched a wound point. Being a lawyer by trade, do you also layout your briefs in colour and bold etc.? I don't believe so. Such layout of posts looks to me like a shout for special attention. But that design affects the easy readability of the post, distracts the attention. There are tens of thousands of posters on this board, all do post in regular type, no caps, no colour, no bold font. And it works. How would this board look like if every poster would use different type of layout, bold, colour, caps etc.? Just MHO. Don't take me to court for it, please.

d.f

Mr. flowers, as I thought I made clear - you neither offended nor wounded me. Indeed, as you were annoyed by and suffered eye pain from my postings, I proposed a solution which would eliminate your laments, because I do not want you to suffer annoyance and eye pain ever again.

By the way, I have for years, when appropriate, submitted Court filings in color and have had Judges commend me on occasion for doing so.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: February 28, 2021 18:51

I thought the IORR policy read 'write in normal text', but there's nothing wrong with a rebellious lawyer here, I guess smiling smiley

To be honest, the blue letters are indeed painful to read.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 28, 2021 20:05

Been to 20 shows since 1989. Went to the B2B opener dressed as Mick "69. Sat
by the walkway and got high-fives from Charlie and Keith. Hoping to see them
again soon! Oh and from the Chicago suburbs.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2021 20:14

I thought it was stonesstein who posted in the past they have really bad vision verging on blindness, and posting in large colorful font is helpful to them.
Or maybe it was someone else, but either way I've never had a problem with it, and in fact I think it looks nice.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 28, 2021 22:41

Picasso's blue period
lasted about four years ...

stonesstein might move on ta white type
next .... Now that'll be a real problem ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 28, 2021 23:28

Scott Sigel aka Sighunt. Age 64. First got into the Stoners around the time of Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street. Seen at least 15 shows (at least one show per tour) since the 1970's.

I primarily came to this site (and became a regular member) after stumping for and promoting a petition (that was developed by both myself and other avid Stones fans on the now defunct Sister Morphine group) in what became known as the Ya Yas Project. WE were all fans of Get Yer Ya Yas Out, and our goal was to get a signed petition (from members of this group along with other Stones fan sites) to Abkco and the Stones organization for the re-release of Ya Yas in an expanded format (with the additional tracks ie Prodigal Son, Under My Thumb, Satisfaction, etc and/or a complete concert, along with the musical sets from the supporting artists) on the then upcoming 40th anniversary in 2010. It was an uphill battle, but we were generally happy with the final result (although had the 40th anniversary edition featured a complete video concert of a 1969 MSG show (?), we would have been ecstatic)!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-28 23:33 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 28, 2021 23:49

Rockman
Picasso's blue period
lasted about four years ...

stonesstein might move on ta white type
next .... Now that'll be a real problem ....

Was it not a rose period following the blue?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 2, 2021 22:42

DandelionPowderman
Bård from Oslo, Norway.

DandelionPowderman...thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 07:49

joined 2015 as snoopy1 but a login error forced me to become a reboot

Matt, from Alaska.. A loss of job became an around the country roadtrip and figured I'd stop in Muscle Shoals, Alabama to visit the studio the Stones recorded in once upon a time and now I'm a homeowner here. I've met and heard many fantastic musicians here, including the late Jimmy Johnson who engineered for the Stones at Muscle Shoals, and it was much easier to drive to multiple stops on the 2019 Stones U.S. tour from here (vs. 2015 when I drove down from Alaska to follow them).
1st show was '81 Candlestick (San Fran).. Met some of you last couple tours and you've all been great.. My first and favorite Stones' song is Last Time, but yet to hear it live

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-04 07:57 by snoopy2.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 10:29

Born and raised in Rotterdam (The Netherlands)

39 years old.

My first record of the Stones was Rewind, and then More Hot Rocks, Sticky Fingers. On cassette! grinning smiley I've played those cassettes over and over again. The sound is totally destroyed by now! LOL

My favorite Stones periods are with Brian Jones and Mick Taylor. Let's say from 1968 to 1974. Although I also dig Black and Blue.

Unfortunately I've never been to a Stones concert before. I was not a big fan in my early days and later on I couldn't afford a ticket. But I prefer to see those old concert movies anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-04 12:56 by DiamondDog7.

Posted by: woodyrichards ()
Date: March 4, 2021 12:13

Hi, I´m Roi, from Santiago de Compostela (Galicia), northwest of Spain.

I'm 34.

I've been here on the forum since early 00's, registered a few years later. I am more a reader than a writer.

I've been listening to the Stones since I was 1 or 2 years old (my parents put me their music as well as Springsteen's).

My first concert was in 1998 and I saw them 13 times since then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 5, 2021 05:19

Rockman
Skinny arsed rockin' boy who hangs around down under ....

Rockman thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 5, 2021 07:41

DiamondDog7

39 years old.

My first record of the Stones was Rewind, and then More Hot Rocks, Sticky Fingers. On cassette! grinning smiley I've played those cassettes over and over again. The sound is totally destroyed by now! LOL

My favorite Stones periods are with Brian Jones and Mick Taylor. Let's say from 1968 to 1974. Although I also dig Black and Blue.

Unfortunately I've never been to a Stones concert before. I was not a big fan in my early days and later on I couldn't afford a ticket. But I prefer to see those old concert movies anyway.

try to get Lucky Dip tickets. Those are affordable at $70-90 for a pair.

BTW, see them once live and you'll quit preferring seeing those old concert movies.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 07:43 by timbernardis.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: March 5, 2021 11:11

timbernardis
DiamondDog7

39 years old.

try to get Lucky Dip tickets. Those are affordable at $70-90 for a pair.

BTW, see them once live and you'll quit preferring seeing those old concert movies.

plexi

Thanks for the tip. ;-)

hahaha nope, I prefer Stones 1972/1973 anytime above the recent stuff! Always. Sorry dude. grinning smiley

Date: March 5, 2021 12:38

DiamondDog7

hahaha nope, I prefer Stones 1972/1973 anytime above the recent stuff! Always. Sorry dude. grinning smiley

Why is it that you're less interested in the post Black & Blue Stones may I ask ?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home