Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 4, 2021 00:59

Great intros and stories...smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 4, 2021 00:59

Eric, 57, from Southern California, living on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. Found this site back in 2002, and have been causing havoc ever since ha.
I've also lived in England, Hawaii, and the Netherlands at various points of my life and for various lengths of time, but am always drawn back to the SoCal/Pacific Ocean like a fish out of water.
Been a Stones fan since I can remember - from hearing Satisfaction on the radio in the '60's, to filtering through my older brothers collection in the early '70's, to buying Made in the Shade when it was released in '75.
First saw them in '81, and have seen them 62 times since. Not sure if I'll ever be fortunate and have the opportunity to see them again (damn the pandemic), but have accepted the fact as I've got zillions of good memories.
Stadium, arenas, theaters, clubs...partying with thousands of fellow fans along the way....thousands upon thousands of dollars spent ha...all the traveling, merchandise, recordings, etc...and still surviving after all these years.
Meanwhile, still waiting for a new album and/or another new single dammit. If not, will have to settle for another compilation ...grrr...what a joy that would be. Hopefully some surprises for the 60th anniversary next year.thumbs up

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 4, 2021 01:23

I’m David and I came across this site in 2002, looking for the set lists from the tour at the time, in anticipation of the November, 2002 show at the Tacoma Dome. I’ve been coming here almost daily since then. I live in Poulsbo, Washington but hail from East Los Angeles. Though most folks here have infinitely more concert experiences through the years, I am lucky to have seen them live in all 3 incarnations: Brian Jones (1966), Mick Taylor (1969), and, of course, Ronnie since then.

The amount of Stones knowledge, trivia ( though little about the Stones is trivial), and experiences of the people here is incredible. I learn something new weekly it seems.

I’ve only met one here in person, Mister DDD, a real gentleman. If it all ended today, I have no complaints. Been a fan since 1965.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: February 4, 2021 01:23

Matt Lee from the UK ;-)
45 years old
Live in London but was born in Yorkshire and educated in Scotland and the USA.
First show July 16th 1995 at Wembley
Around 175 shows in 25+ countries since (I have to count again)
Collecting is my big thing, I am the Guinness World Record holder although they only counted a tiny fraction of my stuff
I am of the autograph not selfie generation
Top show Roseland
My non show highlight is being the Executive Producer of a Ronnie Album
Met so many amazing people here (thank you BV) and through collecting
I am the biggest single lender to the official touring exhibition (now called Unzipped)
My as yet unnamed museum opens in central London this year
My book about collecting will also come out this year
Hopefully we can all see our favourite band again soon

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 4, 2021 16:31

Hi Matt! Hope you are staying well in London. Looking forward to the book! Love Sparkly Top

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 4, 2021 17:03

mattleeuk
Matt Lee from the UK ;-)
45 years old
Live in London but was born in Yorkshire and educated in Scotland and the USA.
First show July 16th 1995 at Wembley
Around 175 shows in 25+ countries since (I have to count again)
Collecting is my big thing, I am the Guinness World Record holder although they only counted a tiny fraction of my stuff
I am of the autograph not selfie generation
Top show Roseland
My non show highlight is being the Executive Producer of a Ronnie Album
Met so many amazing people here (thank you BV) and through collecting
I am the biggest single lender to the official touring exhibition (now called Unzipped)
My as yet unnamed museum opens in central London this year
My book about collecting will also come out this year
Hopefully we can all see our favourite band again soon

I hope to visit your museum when things (hopefully) settle down.

Date: February 5, 2021 17:33

sarahunwin
Hi Matt! Hope you are staying well in London. Looking forward to the book! Love Sparkly Top

An official Rolling Stones stats book would be great

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: February 6, 2021 02:12

colonial
sarahunwin

I am afraid you will be disappointed with my book, it's not a stats book, it's a visual feast. A book full of images of memorabilia from my collection, 1,500+ items from early gig posters to modern autographs and everything in between! Even a 1972 tour Toilet Seat cover ;-) Some short adventure stories but it's all about the stuff! Hot Stuff

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 7, 2021 05:33

Born in '74 (hence my "IORR" related username).....I'm fortunate enough to share my birthday with Mick Taylor thumbs up
First show in '89 (Mpls.), last shows in '19 (Chicago 1 and 2). 22 shows in total.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-10 05:54 by floodonthepage.

Date: February 8, 2021 23:13

mattleeuk
colonial
sarahunwin

I am afraid you will be disappointed with my book, it's not a stats book, it's a visual feast. A book full of images of memorabilia from my collection, 1,500+ items from early gig posters to modern autographs and everything in between! Even a 1972 tour Toilet Seat cover ;-) Some short adventure stories but it's all about the stuff! Hot Stuff

mattleeuk..Good onethumbs up, ya got a book title for it

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: February 9, 2021 00:19

Born 1956 in Birmingham UK

First concert B.ham odeon1973. ( formally Odean73 on here )

Around 20 concerts, favourite one’s obviously first one with Mick Taylor, Knebworth and a couple of Twickenham concerts and the first Hyde park concert in which I flew back from Spain whilst being on holiday.
Unfortunately my only abroad concert was Amsterdam, was hoping to do more, did go to Paris but got cancelled.

Fingers crossed I will see them again, but just retired and will have to see, how the money rolls out.

Have met some great people on here and hopefully meet up again.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:02

Greetings from Waterrats!

Having doubt about the username's plural, but I just love that song-line, hehehe!

Fan since '69 at 9 years of age, Let It Bleed was my intro.

Born + raised in Germany (West), by now living on the left side of the river Rhine - 1 hour to the Belgium or Netherland's border, 2 to Luxembourg's border.

... proudly have all of Bjornulf's IORR booklets! Part of about 3.5 meters stones-bibliography.

Have a variety of musical interests, but the Stones remain in the dark center, hehehe! Also play a little guitar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-09 01:07 by waterrats.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:29

waterrats

Having doubt about the username's plural, but I just love that song-line, hehehe!

Born + raised in Germany (West), by now living on the left side of the river Rhine - 1 hour to the Belgium or Netherland's border, 2 to Luxembourg's border.

... proudly have all of Bjornulf's IORR booklets! Part of about 3.5 meters stones-bibliography.

Have a variety of musical interests, but the Stones remain in the dark center, hehehe! Also play a little guitar.

Let it Bleed!!! Then you also know that they shoot waterrats don't you grinning smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 9, 2021 23:38

NICOS
waterrats

Let it Bleed!!! Then you also know that they shoot waterrats don't you grinning smiley

True enough! Feeding 'em to geese... grinning smiley

Date: February 16, 2021 20:16

MidnightGambler
Bertrand from Paris (France, not Texas).

60 years old, born in 1960.

83 Stones concerts, first one Paris 13th of june 1982, last one Chicago 25th of june 2019.

I met them few nights in early April 1985 at the Pathé Marconi studios in Boulogne when they were recording Dirty Work.
Mick was driving on his own in an old Mercedes. Keith was driving on his own in a black Ferrari. Bill, Charlie and Ronnie came to the studios in a Wolkswagen minibus whose driver was Ian Stewart.
At that time, it was very easy to get photos with them, same for autographs, even on bootlegs.
It was a few months before Ian Stewart died. When he gave me his autograph, he spoke to me like a father to a son, he told me "but what are you doing in the street at 1 AM ? Tomorrow you go to school, you should be in your bed".

MidnightGambler...thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 16, 2021 20:52

John from Paris (France, not Texas), French/Basque/Californian, first show was in Paris in 2007 (found out about it on the same day, decided what the hell, went to Stade de France without a ticket, found a cheap one outside, went in!

Have gone to Stuttgart, London and Marseilles to see them, always fun. Bought plane tix for recent Pasadena and San Diego shows, missed them both because of postponement and cancellation respectively.

AND I used to go to the Some Girls bar in Paris but new owner isn't much of a Stones fan it seems héhé!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 16, 2021 21:28

FrogSugar

AND I used to go to the Some Girls bar in Paris but new owner isn't much of a Stones fan it seems héhé!

I went there with my two Stones fellows Thomas&Salar the day after Bercy
in 2003. We drank a lot, listened to Stones all night and talked about
every Stones´ album track by track - from Bridges To Babylon down to
Aftermath...when we lost it :-) Next Day was Stade De France and then
we went to THE show at the Olympia on July 11th - le trilogy Parisiennes!
What a fantastic week it was!

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 16, 2021 22:15

Richard Fox
Living in Auckland, New Zealand (Born in New Plymouth, NZ during the Between the Buttons/Satanic era.)
53.5 Concerts - First 2 were the Auckland 1995 gigs and latest was the 2nd half of Miami 2019.
Lucky enough to have attended 3 Club shows - Shepherds Bush, Enmore & Fonda. I was looking forward to my first visit to Canada last year for the RS...but alas thats on hold...
Mick Jagger 1988 in Auckland is my only solo show. I've never seen Bill Wyman in the flesh (or Brian)
Avid collector of official Stones merch and particularly items from shows that I attend. My Voodoo Lounge: [youtu.be]
Hoping...but not expecting...to see the Stones again one day... See you there!!

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: EggersBand ()
Date: February 17, 2021 09:34

Jens Eggers - 66 years Old Born in Aarhus . First Stones concert in - yes Aarhus september 9th 1970 (Vejlby Risskov). Stones fan since 1963 . Guitarplayer since 1965 inspired by School mate Per Frost from the band Gnags about 30 records . Per did a session with BB King . Best concert was Aarhus 1970 and Horsens . Seen 8 Stones concerts . Have been to 4 rythm King concerts.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 17, 2021 15:17

Brenda (no, not that one) born 1949 and was at school within screaming distance of Eel Pie Island, so I have known of the Stones since 1962 and was a (non-screaming) teenage fan in the black and white TV days. Drifted away for a while after Brian's death, but have rediscovered them in time for a misspent old age: 11 concerts, all since 2006.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 18, 2021 21:44

Bob O'Hanlon

58 years old......Born on July 31st only a few weeks after the Stones.

New Jersey

First Stones show was JFK Philadelphia 9/26/1981.

I never counted shows, my guess would be around 30.

One thing that might be interesting about my Stones fandom would be that I have seen just as many of the Stones perform separately as I have as the Stones as a whole. Starting with the New Barbarians, Live Aid all the way through Bernard.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2021 23:18

Bjørnulf Vik, Asker, Norway
I am not really a member of IORR, because I started IORR, back in Nov. 1980, and this web site in 1995.
My first Stones show was at Scandinavium Arena, Gothenburg, Sweden, Oct 6, 1973.
My so far last Stones show was at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, FL, USA, Aug 30, 2019.
Between these two shows I have seen them more than 500 times live and several times rehearsals, lost count many years ago.
These days I go wherever they go, I would not miss a show.
My next show will be this year or next year, as soon as we get this pandemic sorted out.
I am still married to my girl friend who went with me to my first Stones show in 1973.
Luckily she is not crazy about the Stones - that makes my travel budgets larger.
My Stones collection is a big mess because I never have time to sort it out.
My speciality is memories, they don't take up much space.
Then I love pictures, old printed magazines, posters, promo photos, press conference stuff, all their music, of course, also bootlegs, and I own most Stones books printed.
My favorite shows have been in Argentina, seen them many times there.
Also "She Smiled Sweetly" at Roseland NYC was an eternal memory.
First I was a Charlie fan, then I was a Keith fan, then I was a Ronnie fan, and then I was a Mick fan, these days I love them all equally.
My saddest Stones moment was flying home from Perth Australia, via Aucland NZ, SF USA, Copenhagen and eventually Norway, March 19-21 2014, lots of emotions, many tears, but then they started the tour in Norway two months later, so no more sad days.
Normally I am a very private person but some times I think what the heck...

Bjornulf

Date: February 19, 2021 01:33

bv
I am not really a member of IORR, because I started IORR, back in Nov. 1980, and this web site in 1995.
My first Stones show was at Scandinavium Arena, Gothenburg, Sweden, Oct 6, 1973.
My so far last Stones show was at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, FL, USA, Aug 30, 2019.
Between these two shows I have seen them more than 500 times live and several times rehearsals, lost count many years ago.
My next show will be this year or next year, as soon as we get this pandemic sorted out.
I am still married to my girl friend who went with me to my first Stones show in 1973.
Luckily she is not crazy about the Stones - that makes my travel budgets larger.
Then I love pictures, old printed magazines, posters, promo photos, press conference stuff, all their music, of course, also bootlegs, and I own most Stones books printed.
First I was a Charlie fan, then I was a Keith fan, then I was a Ronnie fan, and then I was a Mick fan, these days I love them all equally.
My saddest Stones moment was flying home from Perth Australia, via Aucland NZ, SF USA, Copenhagen and eventually Norway, March 19-21 2014, lots of emotions, many tears, but then they started the tour in Norway two months later, so no more sad days.

bv... thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 19, 2021 02:40

bv

Nice read BV thanks

Date: February 19, 2021 18:39

rcfoxy
Richard Fox
Living in Auckland, New Zealand (Born in New Plymouth, NZ during the Between the Buttons/Satanic era.)
53.5 Concerts - First 2 were the Auckland 1995 gigs and latest was the 2nd half of Miami 2019.
Lucky enough to have attended 3 Club shows - Shepherds Bush, Enmore & Fonda. I was looking forward to my first visit to Canada last year for the RS...but alas thats on hold...
Mick Jagger 1988 in Auckland is my only solo show. I've never seen Bill Wyman in the flesh (or Brian)
Avid collector of official Stones merch and particularly items from shows that I attend. My Voodoo Lounge: [youtu.be]
Hoping...but not expecting...to see the Stones again one day... See you there!!

rcfoxy... New Zealand's No.1 Rolling Stones Superfan thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: February 19, 2021 18:44

Green Lady
Brenda (no, not that one) born 1949 and was at school within screaming distance of Eel Pie Island, so I have known of the Stones since 1962 and was a (non-screaming) teenage fan in the black and white TV days. Drifted away for a while after Brian's death, but have rediscovered them in time for a misspent old age: 11 concerts, all since 2006.

Green Lady... thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 19, 2021 20:34

Happy to read and know this "My favorite shows have been in Argentina, seen them many times there." especially coming from BV!! thumbs up
Cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 20, 2021 14:15

Erik, age 42. Living in Stockholm, Sweden.
Discovered the Stones through my older brother and a mutual friend, around the time Flashpoint was the latest release. We saw Live at The Max together and later on our first show in Stockholm 1995. I found IORR shortly after the VL tour had ended and Stripped had come out.
I enjoy travelling to see shows and meet up with friends from around the world. My last show (#67) was in New Orleans in 2019.
I have a modest collection of memorabilia, mostly related to the concerts I have attended.
Special memories are of course the theatre shows on the Licks tour, seeing Charlie at Ronnie Scott’s and a few other small venues, Jagger’s surprise appearance during Ronnie’s solo gig in 2005, and some close encounters over the years.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 20, 2021 18:43

Juan..TJ boy living in Paris for the last 25 years. Seen them less than 70 times but I hope to get to that number. Probably my favorite concert was the Trabendo gig and my biggest regret not attending the Fonda theater concert.

Had two great weeks in Bundy and some great times in Suresnes.

Biggest gas gas gas meeting lots of people on the road, many becoming good friends.Hope to see you soon again! Love all albums A LOT!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-20 18:46 by leteyer.

Date: February 22, 2021 17:01

Big Al
Alex, from Kent, England. Born 1983.

My first Stones concert was at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, in 2002. I subsequently went on to see them in Munich in '03 and attended two of that tour's London shows: Twickenham #1 and Wembley Arena. I had tickets for the second Twickenham show, but it was rescheduled and I was unable to attend. I was in San Francisco and getting laid for the first time. In retrospect, the Licks Tour was probably the peak of my fandom. It's never quite reached such heights.

After marrying in Toronto, I then spent 2012-16 splitting my time between the U.K. and Canada; I even spent the entire 2013 residing in the latter. The marriage broke down and I've been happily back in the U.K. ever since. There: a little biography for you all.

Big Al...thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home