Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
IORR Members Introduction
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 2, 2021 04:04

Anyone wanting to introduce themselves, and other stuff like how many concerts and countries ya been to see them etc...
I'm colonial from Dunedin, New Zealand and probably the most southern Rolling Stones fan on IORR

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-13 01:00 by colonial.

Re: IORR Members Introduction Thread
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 2, 2021 04:21

Midimannz from Auckland, New Zealand

I was in Queenstown two weeks ago on holiday

I make Rolling Stones complete YouTube concerts in my free time, first show 1973 recorded with my trusty cassette player in the front against the fence

Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: February 2, 2021 14:39

Harleybla from Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Been a fan of the Stones since early 70's (remember the 45's?),
seen them 7 times over the years, Cleveland was my next one (LD's),
been to about 311 concerts of 166 different artists (according to my setlist fm)
in North America since 1979

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 2, 2021 15:08

Elmo aka Scotty from Georgia, USA. Born in 1960. 60 years old.

11 shows beginning in 1981 - every US tour since (1979 if ya count The New Barbarians)

Loved the band since GHS.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 2, 2021 16:06

Alex, from Kent, England. Born 1983.

My first Stones concert was at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, in 2002. I subsequently went on to see them in Munich in '03 and attended two of that tour's London shows: Twickenham #1 and Wembley Arena. I had tickets for the second Twickenham show, but it was rescheduled and I was unable to attend. I was in San Francisco and getting laid for the first time. In retrospect, the Licks Tour was probably the peak of my fandom. It's never quite reached such heights.

After marrying in Toronto, I then spent 2012-16 splitting my time between the U.K. and Canada; I even spent the entire 2013 residing in the latter. The marriage broke down and I've been happily back in the U.K. ever since. There: a little biography for you all.

Date: February 2, 2021 16:12

Elmo Lewis
Elmo aka Scotty from Georgia, USA. Born in 1960. 60 years old.

11 shows beginning in 1981 - every US tour since (1979 if ya count The New Barbarians)

Loved the band since GHS.

Also, I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of IORR members , as well as some great folks from StonesDoug's site.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 2, 2021 16:48

Silver Dagger aka Mike. Born and bred in London, now resident in Herts. First saw the Stones at Wembley 73 (Sept 8). Yep, that's my recording of the early show. Also recorded them at Knebworth 76, with that really unusual Wall of Keith sound.

Seen them 41 times and hope to see them a few more before they retire.

Best show, in hindsight, was the 1st at Wembley Empire Pool in 73. Most special was Shepherds Bush Empire in 99.

Big fan of the IORR Band who are absolutely the best thing you'll ever see to the real thing. And a real nice bunch of guys too. Just like Mick! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 2, 2021 17:01

colonial
probably the most southern Rolling Stones fan on IORR

There must be someone here from Alabama smoking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 3, 2021 01:12

Professorwolf from tiny rural town of Glenoma, Washington USA never been to a stones show but due to OCD related to my autism i am very obsessive and the stones have taken a large chunk of my obsessive powers since i found them when i was 17 (thanks mom) about 10 years ago since then i've been collecting every bootleg & official thing i can get my hands on (CD, tape, 8track, vinyl, beta, vhs, laser disc, dvd, those wierd flexi discs, wax cylinders, ancient cave etchings Etc.)
so gratful to those on here who have shared there wisdom & collections with me and the world thus fueling my totaly healthy obsession

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 3, 2021 05:23

Mike from St. Louis.

Seen the Stones 11 times I think, every tour since and including '81, Bigger Bang tour twice (and have tickets to #12 No Filter in St. Louis if it happens).

Went to both Chuck Berry shows with Keith.

Shows include Chicago a couple times, Columbus OH, Columbia MO, Memphis, San Francisco, KC, 4X in St. Louis.

Probably 300+ other shows in my life

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: February 3, 2021 06:46

Rbarnes00 originally from Ohio now in Miami, Florida, 42 years old.

I first remember hearing the Stones in 1990 on the radio when there was a 3 hour special of their music during the tour at that time.

Concerts include Cleveland 94, Detroit 97, Detroit 06, Columbus 06, Columbus 2015, Dallas 2015, Prague 2018, Jacksonville and Miami 2019.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 3, 2021 08:16

I am living in Tokyo. The Stones and football are my life.

I proposed to my wife when the Stones finished Jumpin' Jack at Tokyo Dome on Valentine's Day.
Several years later, my wife and I unexpectedly met Mick on our wedding anniversary day on North Michigan Avenue, Chicago
and I am proud of it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 3, 2021 08:50

Toru A
I am living in Tokyo. The Stones and football are my life.

I proposed to my wife when the Stones finished Jumpin' Jack at Tokyo Dome on Valentine's Day.
Several years later, my wife and I unexpectedly met Mick on our wedding anniversary day on North Michigan Avenue, Chicago
and I am proud of it.

love it!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 3, 2021 11:29

Skinny arsed rockin' boy who hangs around down under ....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 3, 2021 11:54

Bård from Oslo, Norway.

I stumbled over this site in 1997, while looking for info on the B2B-album. IORR has been my go-to site for nearly half of my life now - time flies!

A wonderful site, with lots of great, knowledgable people. We even have our own band, of which I'm part of.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 3, 2021 12:33

DandelionPowderman
Bård from Oslo, Norway.

I stumbled over this site in 1997, while looking for info on the B2B-album. IORR has been my go-to site for nearly half of my life now - time flies!

A wonderful site, with lots of great, knowledgable people. We even have our own band, of which I'm part of.

Does your wife ever question the amount of time you spend on here Bård?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 3, 2021 12:39

I’m rob
47 year old Yorkshireman
First gig Maine rd Manchester when I was 16 in 1990
16 gigs since but only as far flung as Circo Massimo and Arnhem
Last gig old Trafford with my teenage daughters
I live with my girlfriend, kids (half the time), cat and two Tibetan terriers

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 3, 2021 12:50

I'm Adrian

born 1970 in the Thames Delta

First Stones gig - Wembley 1990.... and many times since (including on my 29th birthday at Wembley Stadium)

Be Safe & hope to see some of you soon.

Date: February 3, 2021 12:57

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Bård from Oslo, Norway.

Does your wife ever question the amount of time you spend on here Bård?

Haha, just about every day! She likes the IORR Band project, though smiling smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 3, 2021 15:09

Call me Meise :-)
I'm living close to the Polish border in Germany, city of Weisswasser.

Born in 1973, fan since I was 10 years old (discovered a Stones LP in my fathers collection and been stuck to them since then).

First concert 1990 in Frankfurt/Germany, 24 concerts plus Keith solo in Cologne followed.

Play in a Stones tribute band myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-03 17:17 by Meise.

Date: February 3, 2021 15:14

DandelionPowderman
Bård from Oslo, Norway.

DP, aren't you one of the moderators on another Stones site?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 3, 2021 15:16

I’m Gregor and I’ve met many other IORRIANS in person, especially in the post 2012 era.

I’m 53 and originally from Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland but I’ve lived in Oxfordshire, England for nearly 40 years. However, my original Scottish accent remains intact and I’m still very much a Scot.

38 gigs and counting, the first of those being Wembley 1990, Bill’s 2nd last show. I thought at the time it would be my only lifetime show - snigger, snigger grinning smiley

I’d had an interest in the band since the age of 9 in 1976 when my dad bought the Rolled Gold compilation and played it loudly whenever he had people round, with me upstairs listening. I was already into the Beatles and was sad they’d Split up. I asked my dad when the Stones split up and he said they’re still going and my fascination with them grew and grew.

I too am a friend and fan of the IORR band. I’ve been present at 2 of their 3 gigs. Guys, when the Stones finally stop, you need to take over and carry the flame winking smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 3, 2021 16:11

Thomas from Bochum, Ruhr Area, Germany, Stones fan since "It's All Over Now".

Date: February 3, 2021 16:12

Elmo Lewis
DandelionPowderman
Bård from Oslo, Norway.

DP, aren't you one of the moderators on another Stones site?

Nope, I've never done that - always remained a foot soldier smiling smiley

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: February 3, 2021 17:13

Megan from Chicago, IL.
I just had my account turned back on after many years away.
24 shows under my belt. 1st was Kansas City 1999 and last was Glendale, AZ 2019.
Still holding lucky dips for STL and MN.

Keith shook MY hand from the catwalk during that 1st show in Kansas City 1999. He's been my guy since.
I've seen them as far away as Amsterdam on the Licks tour.

Glad to be back on the board. Glad to be anywhere!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-03 17:18 by Chitown23.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 3, 2021 17:50

I’m sparkly top!

Originally from London but have been living in the bay area in beautiful California for many years. Been coming to this board since about 1998 - thanks for everything BV- Seen the Stones close to 80 times and met some wonderful people on the way. So happy I was at the last five concerts ending with the crazy rain in Miami. Fingers and toes crossed for a 60th anniversary concert in London!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-03 17:52 by sarahunwin.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: February 3, 2021 20:02

Rattler

50-something living in San Antonio, Tx., originally from the Greater Cleveland area, I have lived in England for a few years and some other places all courtesy of the USAF.

Been a Stones fan since the late 70s, first concert ever was The Rolling Stones at the Cleveland Municipal Stadium in the summer of 1978.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 3, 2021 23:42

I'm Håkon, 45 (and counting) and fom Norway.
Favorite period of the band '68-'75. I'm not too much into the Vegas version of the band, though I think they still produce great songs. I listen to all the records, but enjoy their live recordings from the Taylor aera the most. Been to only 4 concerts. Startet to listen to them in the early 80's , but got really into it when they started touring again in '89 and 25x5 was aired on national tv. First thing I did after, was running to the store to buy Stones In The Park (to get the whole version of Honky Tonk Woman from Hyde Park). Then a bootleg copy of Gimme Shelter to see more from the '69 tour, and finally Gyyo. Play guitar in a band and is mostly inspired by MT, Keith, and Hendrix. Don't have a favorite Stone, I like them all.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 3, 2021 23:58

Helen, from Wales/Kent/Liverpool/Louisiana. Fan since Not Fade Away. smoking smiley

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: February 4, 2021 00:50

Bertrand from Paris (France, not Texas).

60 years old, born in 1960.

83 Stones concerts, first one Paris 13th of june 1982, last one Chicago 25th of june 2019.

I met them few nights in early April 1985 at the Pathé Marconi studios in Boulogne when they were recording Dirty Work.
Mick was driving on his own in an old Mercedes. Keith was driving on his own in a black Ferrari. Bill, Charlie and Ronnie came to the studios in a Wolkswagen minibus whose driver was Ian Stewart.
At that time, it was very easy to get photos with them, same for autographs, even on bootlegs.
It was a few months before Ian Stewart died. When he gave me his autograph, he spoke to me like a father to a son, he told me "but what are you doing in the street at 1 AM ? Tomorrow you go to school, you should be in your bed".

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home