Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I miss the Stones
Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: January 29, 2021 06:42

I miss many things these days, but today it hit me how much I miss them.
Maybe it was the Zipcode tour poster I received in the mail today, the one from Indy. The only one my whole family attended. In some ways, "missing" is its own
experience- there's anticipation, the actual event, and then the aftermath.

I am in the aftermath, living in a ghost town...

Re: I miss the Stones
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 29, 2021 09:49

Poetic, Librarian. Well from one librarian to another, I agree with all your sentiments.

plexi

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: January 29, 2021 10:29

Yes, I feel ya.

It is something substantial lacking these days, thats for sure!
(Imagine if we didn´t have the IORR board to be inspired by!)

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 29, 2021 12:49

RobberBride
Yes, I feel ya.

It is something substantial lacking these days, thats for sure!
(Imagine if we didn´t have the IORR board to be inspired by!)

I'm also feeling with Librarian. Still, I think we're, apart from IORR, also very fortunate with an immense collection (one more than the other) of Stones music, video's, photos, etc, etc. to cheer up our ghost town life winking smiley

Date: January 29, 2021 13:17

The world needs more vaccines, peace and a Rolling Stones tour.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 29, 2021 13:53

We have been spoiled with studio and live music from the Stones since the early 60's. We just need to face the facts. There will be another studio album. For Sure. There may be another show. Not for sure. Still, they have left behind decades and decades of memories. I spend more time with my family now, and less time with The Stones. May be next year, I will see the Stones once more, may be. Meanwhile, the health of family and friends, including Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, is more important for me, than just another Stones fix.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-29 13:54 by bv.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 29, 2021 16:06

As typical, BV is the calming voice of reason!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: January 29, 2021 16:44

bv
We have been spoiled with studio and live music from the Stones since the early 60's. We just need to face the facts. There will be another studio album. For Sure. There may be another show. Not for sure. Still, they have left behind decades and decades of memories. I spend more time with my family now, and less time with The Stones. May be next year, I will see the Stones once more, may be. Meanwhile, the health of family and friends, including Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, is more important for me, than just another Stones fix.

I'm with my wife since 30 years. Spoiled by so many moments. She has left behind decades and decades of memories. But if she's one week away - I miss her.
The same is with my other longtime partner - the Stones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 29, 2021 22:59

Heard 'em as a kid and thought hey
that's my kinda racket.... always been
shadowing and pumpin' out the soundtrack to life ....

Dont panic they're still out there.... To be continued

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2021 23:45

Looking forward to the next compilation, and with any luck maybe a brand new single - other than that, wouldn't expect much else any time soon.
They're getting old (as are all of us), and this pandemic seems to have put a halt to many things we once took for granted.
Meanwhile, nearly 60 years worth of Stones history to indulge in...maybe they'll rerelease another album in the Deluxe format w/some extras some day...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 30, 2021 01:08

At this point we cannot discount the possibility that by the time things finally return to normal, it may be too late for another Stones show. The same applies to other acts of the same vintage - The Who, Paul McCartney, Rod Stewart & Co.

Let’s face it, a good chunk of us though it was all over after the very patchy ABB tour ended in 2007. How wonderfully wrong that turned out to be and personally I actually attended more shows in the happy bonus 2012-19 era than pre 2007, with some great associated travels and fan meet-ups.

Anyway, we’ll see and a return to a healthy and safe normality is much more important than anything else before we start thinking about live shows.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 30, 2021 07:06

Please. You don't think they'll use the 60th Anniversary (a year and a half away) to do something major? A tour? The album? A release of something left in the vault? ABKCO involvement? The Stone days, and some of our own, are dwindling to a precious few.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 30, 2021 10:30

24FPS
Please. You don't think they'll use the 60th Anniversary (a year and a half away) to do something major? A tour? The album? A release of something left in the vault? ABKCO involvement? The Stone days, and some of our own, are dwindling to a precious few.

Exactly.

And I predict that next year, we will be complaining that the opportunities to spend money on the Stones exceeds our budgets...

...the wise amongst us are already putting money aside every month to be prepared!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 30, 2021 12:18

They'll be back mate!

In the meantime I am so thankful we have the FTV stuff, no matter how often I watch the BA 98 show for instance I never grow tired of it. Same with the others but that one is a keeper!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2021 12:34

MadMax
They'll be back mate!

In the meantime I am so thankful we have the FTV stuff, no matter how often I watch the BA 98 show for instance I never grow tired of it. Same with the others but that one is a keeper!

I have to admit I don't watch canned Stones videos that much, as long as they are available really live, but BA 95 and BA 98 I can take any day!

Bjornulf

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 30, 2021 13:46

bv
MadMax
They'll be back mate!

I have to admit I don't watch canned Stones videos that much, as long as they are available really live, but BA 95 and BA 98 I can take any day!

smileys with beer Cheers Björnulf!!!

Date: January 30, 2021 17:54

I appreciate all of the replies. I have actively fought to keep my employees home so I am well aware of the need and reasons to isolate. As much as I have enjoyed avoiding the politics of work (except for zoom creating its own issues) even I, who could never attend another work party or meeting and not care, am feeling the barrenness of pandemic living. Even clothing has taken on new meaning, I have decided to change into workwear so I can transition psychologically from work to home without leaving,

Visiting IORR I realized I looked forward to the stickied thread- generally a post of the next new thing...

The Arts are more than revenue vehicles, they are essential and without them we feel and act differently, at least I do. Perhaps, from this will come a new appreciation of museums, galleries, artists of all stripes...

( I have funny Mick Jagger story I heard from a co-worker I will share
soon about the Tate in London)

To everything a season...

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 30, 2021 21:39

Don`t hold your breath. However, the world outside the US could use a little Stones. We are far from spoiled. Maybe the "logistics" are more complicated here, so it`s just not to rake in the big money.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2021 21:42

Mick TATE story ..... yes please share ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 30, 2021 22:00

Can't help but wonder if any/all of them have received their initial or final vax shots yet..

Wouldn't be like them to publicize it if they did, but as this is the key to seeing them (anywhere) again, I am hopeful they've all received at least their first shot by now.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 30, 2021 22:46

MisterDDDD
Can't help but wonder if any/all of them have received their initial or final vax shots yet..

Wouldn't be like them to publicize it if they did, but as this is the key to seeing them (anywhere) again, I am hopeful they've all received at least their first shot by now.

Here in the U.K. people over the age of 70 are being vaccinated at the moment and that age group is due to have all had their first shot by mid February.
There is a big vaccination centre not far from me and by all accounts they seem to be performing well and quickly.It is likely that the youngest member of the stones will get his shot at this place if he hasn’t done so already.

Nate

Date: January 30, 2021 22:56

Mick story....

While I was standing waiting for an elevator with a colleague (professor) asked me what I was planning to do during break. I shared I had some tickets to the Stones.
My colleague in her 60s squealed "I love Mick Jagger! I even met him."
I, of course, asked "Where?" And shared she was in London on vacation and went to the Tate to see an exclusive exhibition (I forget for what) with her husband.

While standing in front of an exhibit, she turned to her husband and grabbed his sleeve (hint: not her husband!) to point out a piece of art she liked. She was startled when a stranger answered her. She apologized by saying "I thought you were my husband!" They chatted a bit about the art and she shared with him her husband had the same jacket.

While teaching a class with her this semester I shared this story with her class
as we were playing an online game in which students would use fake names. A student chose to be Mick so I had an opportunity to share the story again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-30 23:00 by Librarian.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 30, 2021 23:07

24FPS

Provided they're all healthy, they'll definitely want to do it if safe to do so. If it's not safe, they won't. Simple as that.

I hope people don't think getting everyone vaccinated will be like switching on a light. Restrictions will be lifted gradually and the infection and death rates carefully monitored. We all want normality to return but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 30, 2021 23:28

grzegorz67
24FPS

Provided they're all healthy, they'll definitely want to do it if safe to do so. If it's not safe, they won't. Simple as that.

I hope people don't think getting everyone vaccinated will be like switching on a light. Restrictions will be lifted gradually and the infection and death rates carefully monitored. We all want normality to return but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Nah, don't believe anyone thinks vaccines will be like switching on any light at this point.
But.. it definitely is the first step.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 30, 2021 23:39

Only just seen this topic ,and I am watching at the moment on the BBC Red button channel the Copa Libertadores football final at The Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
Not that interesting game here in the second half now and no score.

It just reminds me of the Rolling Stones gig I was lucky enough to have seen in Rio back in 2015 I think,as well as Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre.

Great times on my only visit to South America meeting old friends, and so many new friends who were all there to see The Rolling Stones play live.

Great memories of the four gigs and meeting up with so many fans. smileys with beer

Date: January 31, 2021 11:26

retired_dog
24FPS

Exactly.

And I predict that next year, we will be complaining that the opportunities to spend money on the Stones exceeds our budgets...

...the wise amongst us are already putting money aside every month to be prepared!

Well, not every month, but I'm planning on setting aside a good chunk of my tax refund for the next tour, wherever it may be.

plexi

Date: January 31, 2021 11:30

Librarian
I appreciate all of the replies. I have actively fought to keep my employees home so I am well aware of the need and reasons to isolate. As much as I have enjoyed avoiding the politics of work (except for zoom creating its own issues) even I, who could never attend another work party or meeting and not care, am feeling the barrenness of pandemic living. Even clothing has taken on new meaning, I have decided to change into workwear so I can transition psychologically from work to home without leaving,

Visiting IORR I realized I looked forward to the stickied thread- generally a post of the next new thing...

The Arts are more than revenue vehicles, they are essential and without them we feel and act differently, at least I do. Perhaps, from this will come a new appreciation of museums, galleries, artists of all stripes...

( I have funny Mick Jagger story I heard from a co-worker I will share
soon about the Tate in London)

To everything a season...

Of what library are you the director?

plexi

Date: January 31, 2021 11:34

crawdaddy
Only just seen this topic ,and I am watching at the moment on the BBC Red button channel the Copa Libertadores football final at The Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
Not that interesting game here in the second half now and no score.

It just reminds me of the Rolling Stones gig I was lucky enough to have seen in Rio back in 2015 I think,as well as Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre.

Great times on my only visit to South America meeting old friends, and so many new friends who were all there to see The Rolling Stones play live.

Great memories of the four gigs and meeting up with so many fans. smileys with beer

You mean you didn't go to Buenos Aires??!! My holy grail that I still hope to achieve one day.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-31 11:38 by timbernardis.

Date: January 31, 2021 11:36

bv

You coulda fooled me BV!! kidding

plexi

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 31, 2021 12:35

What I actually miss, is simply one more Rolling Stones studio album of new songs.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home