Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT- Hardcopy Tickets
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 25, 2021 21:05

For those of us who prefer the old school "Hardcopy Ticket" you can still go in person to any Ticketmaster/Ticketek booking office they will give you the hardcopy even if the concert is electronic or paperless ticketing, plus the hardcopy is cheaper, less fees.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-25 21:36 by colonial.

Re: OT- Hardcopy Tickets
Date: January 25, 2021 21:53

Some people collect stamps..., I collect hardcopy tickets smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: January 25, 2021 22:39

that's the way the I do it,and most of the time I am the only person there,and I get good seats.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 25, 2021 22:52

Thanks for the tip!
Not sure how/if that would work for us (primarily) Lucky Dippers though winking smiley

Scored so many Pit tickets on their last run..
Was thrilled when my last one in Santa Clara was hard copies.. they were stunning!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:05

Same here Colonial. If I can't have paper tickets, I don't go to the show is my rule.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:18

TumblinDice76
Same here Colonial. If I can't have paper tickets, I don't go to the show is my rule.

Wow, that is a tough rule, TumblinDice76. I absolutely prefer a physical/paper ticket, but if it means not seeing a show, that seems like I'd only be hurting myself. If there's no paper ticket, I've just printed out something online, cut it to roughly stub size and keep that among my stub collection. Obviously it's not as good though.

And colonial, I'm not even sure if there's a "physical" location for Ticketmaster in my area anymore. I suppose there well could be, but damn if I know where it is. I even just tried googling "ticketmaster locations" and just got directed to ".com" listings.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:20

If I can't have paper tickets, I don't go to the show is my rule.

WOW man ... thats whippin' yaself .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:23

switchblade1975
that's the way the I do it,and most of the time I am the only person there,and I get good seats.

Unless you want a souvenir buying hard copy tickets doesn't make sense in Germany. Any local ticket booking office has the same access to eventim as you have online. For a lot of shows they offer what the call 'fan ticket', i.e. a computer printed ticket showing a picture of the artist(s) and/or their logo. Strange but true: No Lucky Dip tickets were 'fan tickets'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-25 23:24 by slewan.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:35

Samples of the Eventim FanTicket:

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:46

One thing I'm doing is scanning all my tickets so I have a pdf version. Some of my tickets from the 80s and 90s are starting to fade.

Date: January 25, 2021 23:52

This is now getting hardcopy tickets works for me in New Zealand with Ticketmaster/Ticketek I'm assuming other countries would be the same.The other good thing about it is if ya having trouble with ya electronic ticket or phone paperless app they will give ya a hardcopy but that was only the day before or day of the concert, also there's an instant refund of postponed and cancelled concerts none of this waiting days, weeks for ya money.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 26, 2021 00:04

Irix
Samples of the Eventim FanTicket:

Irix... yea, it's good to take photos of them.
btw what was the Guns n' Roses concert like, going to their concert in November

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2021 00:15

colonial

btw what was the Guns n' Roses concert like, going to their concert in November

Dunno - it was just a random sample of the Hardcopy-FanTickets which can be found on [www.Eventim.de] - (click/tap on the Ticket-logo with the heart).

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 26, 2021 00:20

So far the only show I've had to miss is my beloved Iron Maiden. Every other band usually has a paper ticket option. I had to stand in line way too long at Tinley Park a few eyars ago while they scanned electronic tix. I said never again.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2021 00:38

I have stacks of tickets and stubs since the '70's, including a massive collage of tix/stubs I made back in '99, and LOVE them all, but perhaps my ultimate favorites is my Vredenburg ticket w/wristbands.
Nice and colorful and filled with memories, and as my Dutch Grandmother used to say "If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much" winking smiley, and as the red wristband says "LUCKY ME"!

Photo courtesy of Bjornulf: The Rolling Stones Vredenburg Utrecht, The Netherlands Saturday August 16, 2003

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: January 26, 2021 00:42

I always choose hardcopy tickets where I can, I plan to make scrapbooks of all the concerts I've been to one day which will include the tickets and a selection of photos I took at each show.

Date: January 26, 2021 22:07

Good thing about getting tickets from ya local booking office ya get to know the staff members and they give ya promo posters and some signed ones I've got a great collection of posters now, my rarest one would be Kris Kristofferson signature

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: January 27, 2021 20:16

I know we have to change with the times, but before, when all tickets were on paper, there was not a special area over on the side of the stadium entrance to work with all the people who could not get in with their E-Tix!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 27, 2021 20:29

Date: February 19, 2021 03:38

Starting to get a good collection of cancelled and postponed hardcopy concert tickets, looking like another 2 or 3 will be postponed later in the year

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 20, 2021 02:01

Ha, remember the tongue shaped tickets in 1982 for the shows in Germany...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 23, 2021 17:52

colonial
Some people collect stamps..., I collect hardcopy tickets smoking smiley

agreed!

Date: December 12, 2022 08:37

A mate told me ticket offices will replace an A4 paper ticket with a hardcopy which I'm going to try at my next concert

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 12, 2022 15:19

I'm happy to see that the Red Hot Chili Peppers still have paper tickets at least. I paid extra, but I'm totally OK with that!!!! Wish other bands/venues would bring these back. And for all the folks in Europe, I've always enjoyed seeing your tickets. Your countries really take tickets to a whole new level and truly make them collector's items!!! My ABB Twickenham tickets are my favorite tickets of all the ones I've ever gotten. Here, stateside, they're mostly just glorified movie theater tickets. Absolutely no thought put into them.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 12, 2022 22:31

Thing is they bring back paper tickets and vinyl - but often more expensive and ! in worse quality than before. I am torn. I still have my ticket from the Urban Jungle - that was a real fan ticket.

Date: December 12, 2022 22:37

VoodooLounge13
I'm happy to see that the Red Hot Chili Peppers still have paper tickets at least. I paid extra, but I'm totally OK with that!!!! Wish other bands/venues would bring these back. And for all the folks in Europe, I've always enjoyed seeing your tickets. Your countries really take tickets to a whole new level and truly make them collector's items!!! My ABB Twickenham tickets are my favorite tickets of all the ones I've ever gotten. Here, stateside, they're mostly just glorified movie theater tickets. Absolutely no thought put into them.

I've a Hot Chili Peppers hardcopy for my first concert of 2023 in January, yea there's some cool looking collector hardcopy's we get the option to have. Rod Stewart's 2023 tour with Cydni Lauper is a nice looking one which I didn't know to after I bought my ticket it's still a hardcopy

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 12, 2022 22:48

Haven't received mine yet, Colonial. I imagine they'll be arriving this week. Stewart and Lauper - that's an interesting combo. Kinda like Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: December 12, 2022 23:28

It will never happen but if they were to bring back paper tickets exclusively it would really curb the reselling market. It's so easy for anyone, anywhere to snap up tickets, resell them and email them anywhere.
It's funny how scalpers were depicted as scum until big business got involved.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 13, 2022 07:09

downagain
It will never happen but if they were to bring back paper tickets exclusively it would really curb the reselling market. It's so easy for anyone, anywhere to snap up tickets, resell them and email them anywhere.
It's funny how scalpers were depicted as scum until big business got involved.

Scalpers were scum. I used to see the same 10-15 guys line up, sometimes just walking to the head of the queue (they weren’t guys you argued with) buy 6-8 tickets depending on the limit and walk to the back of the queue and sell them for an instant flip. You’d see them at the gigs also.

They used to sell them in the weeks leading up to the gig in the papers. Pearl Jam in 96 was ridiculous, I rang one guy who was selling 3 tickets for £150, they were £16 each in the shops but flew out the door. I arranged to meet him a week before the gig but as I sat down with him 2 of my mates sat down also, he got £60 and we left with the tickets. It’s fair game if you’re out to screw people. It’s taking advantage of something people love. Sports or Music. The touts now can buy up a whole tour and not just a gig anymore. It’s just the evolution of scum.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 13, 2022 07:20

Rockman
If I can't have paper tickets, I don't go to the show is my rule.

WOW man ... thats whippin' yaself .....

I just make my own digital souvenirs now. Better than a hard copy ticket.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home