Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: OT: Summer Olympics Japan 2021
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 5, 2021 22:58

Massimo68
Gabby Williams, french team qualified today for the semi-finals.
Nice tattoo winking smiley

At first I thought that the Stones' logo was photo shopped. But after googling her and going through many pictures, I found one with the tongue on her arm. Is she a fan? She is young so maybe she just got it because it looks cool. I work for public middle school in the USA and once in a while I see kids with a stones teeshirt on. I have asked in the past if they loved the music but by their answers I could tell they had no clue who the band was.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 6, 2021 01:53

Jessica Springsteen - She's the one on thunder road

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2021 16:37

Women's gold medal final Canada/Sweden in soccer/football on a knife edge!

Date: August 6, 2021 16:53

treaclefingers

Watching now. Could go either way - very exciting!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 6, 2021 17:00

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

Biting nails…

Date: August 6, 2021 17:32

SomeTorontoGirl
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

Biting nails…

Canada really dogged it in extra time. They were very lucky to get to penalties.

Date: August 6, 2021 17:46

GOOD LORD SUDDEN DEATH!

Date: August 6, 2021 17:47

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: August 6, 2021 17:48

Someone needs to practice on penalties grinning smiley Congrats, Canada!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 6, 2021 17:49

treaclefingers
congrats Canada!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 6, 2021 17:51

Really happy, especially for Christine Sinclair, who has been pivotal in developing and promoting soccer for girls in Canada for a few decades, she deserves this so much!

Date: August 6, 2021 18:11

Toru A
treaclefingers
congrats Canada!

Thanks Toru, and congratulations on a fabulous Olympics, particularly with such a massive challenge.

Truly first class.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2021 18:13

Congrats to Canada. Sweden were heavy favorites here before the game. Rightfully so. Our goalie saved 3 out of 6 penalties. Some horrible penalties from the Swedish players though. Two of them even missed the target.
The coach must take responsibility for that. He picked them. Not a good game overall though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-06 18:38 by Stoneage.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 19:47

Congratulations to Team Canada on winning women's soccer gold!! Special mention to Christine Sinclair for finally getting the gold as her career nears an end. She has scored more goals in women's soccer than any other player!
I didn't see the game, only the shootout, very exciting and nerve racking. Congrats to a couple local players Jordyn Huitema and Julia Grosso, who scored the winning penalty kick!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 6, 2021 20:05

Stoneage
Congrats to Canada. Sweden were heavy favorites here before the game. Rightfully so. Our goalie saved 3 out of 6 penalties. Some horrible penalties from the Swedish players though. Two of them even missed the target.
The coach must take responsibility for that. He picked them. Not a good game overall though.

Penalty kicks saved Canada again. A bogus call on the USA in the 72 minute and one on Sweden in the 65th minute. The gifts that keep on giving. Though I will admit their goalkeeper is very good. A team wins gold without scoring a goal in the medal round.

Date: August 6, 2021 20:06

It's kind of unique though to win a championship without scoring a goal in regular time in the play offs. But in the end that doesn't matter of course. Congrats to Canada.

Date: August 6, 2021 20:15

The Sicilian
Stoneage

Penalty kicks saved Canada again. A bogus call on the USA in the 72 minute and one on Sweden in the 65th minute. The gifts that keep on giving. Though I will admit their goalkeeper is very good. A team wins gold without scoring a goal in the medal round.

Sure, Sicilian. I agree. But Team USA and Team Sweden have no one to blame but themselves in the end. They simply didn't deliver.

Date: August 6, 2021 20:22

Stoneage
It's kind of unique though to win a championship without scoring a goal in regular time in the play offs. But in the end that doesn't matter of course. Congrats to Canada.

They scored in the second half in the final.

Date: August 6, 2021 20:52

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

I mean a regular goal (spelmål, I don't know how to translate that) - not a penalty goal. Sorry for failing to make myself understandable...

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 21:34

4x100 Final

Italy Team Win again beating UK again lol…..
Congratulation !!!

Date: August 6, 2021 22:11

Stone601
4x100 Final

Italy Team Win again beating UK again lol…..
Congratulation !!!

Congrats to Italy and also congrats to Canada for getting Bronze! Reading comments online about how the Americans choked and didn't even make the finals!

Date: August 6, 2021 22:15

Stoneage
The Sicilian
Stoneage

Sure, Sicilian. I agree. But Team USA and Team Sweden have no one to blame but themselves in the end. They simply didn't deliver.

After the US lost to Canada, I decided to check out Fox News website. Man, all the trolls in the comments just slamming the US womens team, especialy Megan Rapinoe. Usual things like they're too selfish, don't love their country, deserve to lose, etc. Wow!

Date: August 6, 2021 22:23

Megan Rapinoe is actually a very good player. She has a very good right foot. I don't know why she didn't play more in the tournament though. If you made an All Star team in women's football I would have her on it.
Hubris, or jingoism, by Dump and Fox News though expecting nothing but gold from the US team. You actually have to play for it also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-06 22:26 by Stoneage.

Date: August 6, 2021 22:37

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

I mean a regular goal (spelmål, I don't know how to translate that) - not a penalty goal. Sorry for failing to make myself understandable...

Gotcha smiling smiley

Date: August 6, 2021 23:04

Stoneage
Megan Rapinoe is actually a very good player. She has a very good right foot. I don't know why she didn't play more in the tournament though. If you made an All Star team in women's football I would have her on it.
Hubris, or jingoism, by Dump and Fox News though expecting nothing but gold from the US team. You actually have to play for it also.

Read online that a number of Americans are pissed off with NBC over the medal ceremony for the women's soccer. They showed the US being awarded their bronze medals but then cut away so they didn't show Canada or Sweden getting theirs! Especially since a few Canadians play professionally in the US. Not sure if any Swedes do?
Megan is an excellent player, just not liked by the far right in the US for her stance on BLM, kneeling before games, etc.

Date: August 6, 2021 23:25

The Sicilian
Stoneage

What's your favourite grape flavour? Cherry sour!

Date: August 6, 2021 23:35

Some sour grapes here, Treaclefingers. I admit that. In many ways this was a tragic defeat for the Swedish team. They have collected so many silver medals before, now it was time for the gold. But there you go...
Congrats to Team Canada anyway. They stood the test and won. Simple as that.

Date: August 6, 2021 23:58

Stoneage
Some sour grapes here, Treaclefingers. I admit that. In many ways this was a tragic defeat for the Swedish team. They have collected so many silver medals before, now it was time for the gold. But there you go...
Congrats to Team Canada anyway. They stood the test and won. Simple as that.

Hey, I watched the game, and Sweden played better overall, I will admit that. Congratulations on a hard fought match.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 7, 2021 00:53

The Olympics have been a great success as far as I am concerned.

Great performances and achievements from day one onwards. thumbs up

Hope some of you outside of UK can see the BBC coverage we have. thumbs up

This is how they deal with the time difference which I was really wondering about.smiling smiley

Cannot fault the BBC here in the UK for getting the whole day's coverage of UK performance, as well as any outstanding performances worldwide at the Olympics, really fast on YouTubesmileys with beer

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 7, 2021 01:56

treaclefingers
The Sicilian
Stoneage

What's your favourite grape flavour? Cherry sour!

The difference between Americans—and to some extent Canadians—and Europeans is that we get angry when our teams lose, especially by mistakes or questionable calls by officials. We don't like crying and congratulating winners at the moment of loss. It is the competitive nature. It's ok to be mad. Good vibrations have plenty of time to come out.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home