Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: OT: Summer Olympics Japan 2021
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 26, 2021 16:19

StonedAsiaExile
Paris75014
Happy that France defeated USA in basketball
Good performance for my team !

The US team deserved getting creamed. Nothing like a good humbling experience to a bunch of oversized egos.

No doubt. I love basketball, but the USA deserved to lose. I hate that the NBA is all about hoisting up as many threes as possible. They give up layups to pass it out for three. The game has been unrecognizable since the Curry shift in the last 10 years. Take away the three point line and play the game the way it was intended.

And, I love how the US players look for bogus foul calls, but don’t get them.

Some of the players on the US squad are a joke. If you’re not at least an all-star, you shouldn’t be on the team.

Not looking good for the US team.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 26, 2021 16:54

Norway defeats Spain in men's beach volleyball in two straight sets...without wearing a speedo or half shirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 16:56 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 27, 2021 02:22

video: [www.youtube.com]

DANI ALVES has been of the most outstanding character and technique in Seleção Brasileira olímpica.
Gorgeous team.

Date: July 27, 2021 03:05

GUNDAM figure is watching triathlon bikes.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:37

And what about our fantastic Aussie girl Ariarne Titmus outswimming the American girl Ledecky...always great to beat the yanks at anything!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 27, 2021 06:11

NashvilleBlues
StonedAsiaExile
Paris75014

The US team deserved getting creamed. Nothing like a good humbling experience to a bunch of oversized egos.

No doubt. I love basketball, but the USA deserved to lose. I hate that the NBA is all about hoisting up as many threes as possible. They give up layups to pass it out for three. The game has been unrecognizable since the Curry shift in the last 10 years. Take away the three point line and play the game the way it was intended.

Some of the players on the US squad are a joke. If you’re not at least an all-star, you shouldn’t be on the team.

Amen.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 27, 2021 06:33

StonedAsiaExile
NashvilleBlues
StonedAsiaExile
Paris75014

Amen.

I still love the original 92 Dream Team, best basketball team ever assembled. Jordan, Bird, Magic, Ewing, Barkley, Pippen, Robinson, Stockton, Malone, Drexler, Mullin, Laettner.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 27, 2021 08:45

Osaka going out a bit of a shock. That's the top two women's seeds gone.

Date: July 27, 2021 10:21

warm washer attachment on the toiletsmiling smiley
[v16-web.tiktok.com]

Date: July 27, 2021 10:22

Congratulations, Tom Daley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 27, 2021 16:59

It's too bad Simone Biles has had to drop out. She's special. I guess there is a chance that she could participate in some later individual events but that's far from certain. She's still one of the greatest gymnasts of all time.

Date: July 28, 2021 03:54

Congrats to all the Canadian women, who've won all 8 medals for Canada so far! Swimming, Judo, Weightlifting and softball!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 28, 2021 07:10

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-28 14:04 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: July 28, 2021 17:52

I just saw a Russian gymnast did her floor routine under Paint It Black and her team won the gold! Congrats!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 31, 2021 18:16

The highlights of the Olympics for me over the last couple of days are these.
Bethany won all four of her races to win the gold medal. thumbs up

Great performance by the whole GB team to win the team triathlon gold medal.

Sorry it's only Team GB videos, but I honestly think these performances are the best I've seen in last few days...................and I've watched a lot of Olympics live till 4 - 5am, before going to bed.
Best swimming performance I've seen live since the first day. thumbs up

Getting some late night/early morning practice in for The Stones Tour live on IORR, starting on September 26th. smileys with beer

Date: July 31, 2021 18:22

"Video not available in your country". Doesn't matter though, I'm not a limey. Congrats, anyway.

Date: July 31, 2021 18:37

Crawdaddy
Sorry it's only Team GB videos, but I honestly think these performances are the best I've seen in last few days...

I'm sure you know every country highlights their own atlethes? There are multiple sports to choose from. Even if you watch six hours in a stretch every night you will miss most of the sports anyway.

Date: July 31, 2021 18:40

Stoneage
"Video not available in your country". Doesn't matter though, I'm not a limey. Congrats, anyway.

That's a shame.

I guess it's because they are videos from the BBC here in the UK. sad smiley

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 31, 2021 18:45

Great performance by the Jamaicans today with the sweep of the Women’s 100 Meters, spearheaded by Elaine Thompson-Herah’s Olympic Record Gold Medal run. Talk about your Wingless Angels!

Date: July 31, 2021 18:56

Stoneage
Crawdaddy
Sorry it's only Team GB videos, but I honestly think these performances are the best I've seen in last few days...

I'm sure you know every country highlights their own atlethes? There are multiple sports to choose from. Even if you watch six hours in a stretch every night you will miss most of the sports anyway.

I reckon I have watched every sport going so far in these Olympics, and the BBC obviously focus on Team GB, but have really enjoyed the sports like Archery, table tennis, shooting, weightlifting, boxing, rowing, surfing,dressage and a few more.

Looking forward to the tiddlywinks, chess, arm wrestling, shouting, walking backwards and a few more minority sports. smiling smiley

Date: July 31, 2021 19:06

Sure Crawdaddy, there are a lot of sports to choose from. Enjoy!

Date: July 31, 2021 19:14

Javadave
Great performance by the Jamaicans today with the sweep of the Women’s 100 Meters, spearheaded by Elaine Thompson-Herah’s Olympic Record Gold Medal run. Talk about your Wingless Angels!

Sure, a Jamaican sweep. Not much of a team spirit in the Jamaican team though. The girls didn't seem to be the best of friends.I guess there is some kind of rivalry going on there.

Date: July 31, 2021 19:15

Javadave

Of course. thumbs up

I didn't see that race live and well done to Jamaica for getting gold, silver and bronze.
Looks like they don't actually get on too well. sad smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 1, 2021 05:02

There's just something dead about these Olympics. The lack of crowds, the athletes can't mingle. It just doesn't feel like an Olympics. Japan must stand to lose billions on this.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 1, 2021 06:25

24FPS
There's just something dead about these Olympics. The lack of crowds, the athletes can't mingle. It just doesn't feel like an Olympics. Japan must stand to lose billions on this.

Yes it's too bad. At least it's in a country that can afford to take the hit. I don't imagine Brazil would have handled it quite as well.

Date: August 1, 2021 07:01

treaclefingers
24FPS

Yes it's too bad. At least it's in a country that can afford to take the hit. I don't imagine Brazil would have handled it quite as well.

Don't forget the time difference between Japan and Europe and North America. Many games are live at night here. Just watched Canada finish 3rd in the 4x100 womens swimming. Penny Oleksiak just became the Canadian with the most Olympic medals ever with 7. Congrats. Her brother Jamie plays in the NHL and was just picked up by the expansion Seattle Kraken.

OT: Summer Olympics Japan 2021
Date: August 1, 2021 07:56

Watched women shot put today.
They were all awesome!
I enjoyed their punkish hair style.

She was full of fun and mischief.smileys with beer

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 12:54 by Toru A.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 1, 2021 08:19

DGA35
Congrats to all the Canadian women, who've won all 8 medals for Canada so far! Swimming, Judo, Weightlifting and softball!

smileys with beer

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 1, 2021 09:16

Well the Freestyle BMX was fantastic, watching the young lady from GB complete never before seen in competition tricks was mind blowing, I do love aerial stuff, Ski Jump, Half Pipe, Gymnastics etc but this was seriously impressive and the Skateboarding was right up there for me.

Also Fencing is pretty wicked and Synchronized 10m Platform Diving is just scary good

Date: August 1, 2021 15:34

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 19:07 by Stoneage.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home