Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Glastonbury cancelled for 2021
Date: January 21, 2021 15:13

Glastonbury Festival has been cancelled for a second year running due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The news was announced on Thursday on the Worthy Farm event's Twitter page.

"With great regret, we must announce that this year's Glastonbury Festival will not take place," they said.

"And that this will be another enforced fallow year for us. Tickets for this year will roll over to next year. Full statement below and on our website. Michael & Emily [festival organisers]."

Glastonbury Festival
@glastonbury
With great regret, we must announce that this year’s Glastonbury Festival will not take place, and that this will be another enforced fallow year for us. Tickets for this year will roll over to next year. Full statement below and on our website. Michael & Emily

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-21 15:15 by Manofwealthandtaste.

Re: OT Glastonbury cancelled for 2021
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 21, 2021 15:25

surprise, surprise…

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: January 21, 2021 15:57

Unfortunate but not unexpected. Hopefully touring acts will provide the pent up supply for the pent up demand we all have in 2022.

I’ve personally got tickets in hand for pearl jam (x3), green day, foo fighters, Aerosmith (x2) along with alanis and Elton in arenas at the end of the year, and various smaller gigs from may onwards. I’m expecting eventually all these will fold or move on another year

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 21, 2021 16:03

Gigs by individual acts can be postponed, but festivals both great and small have ongoing expenses to meet and staff to pay, and unlike other businesses there is no UK bailout scheme to help them. The Eavises have hinted that Glastonbury may go bankrupt if 2021 is washed out.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 21, 2021 21:25

Manofwealthandtaste

Glastonbury Festival has been cancelled for a second year

Maybe time now for the Stones to official release their 2013 Glastonbury performance ....

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: January 21, 2021 21:46

Oh no! Anyway...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2021 23:11

Cancelled .... understandable during these times

Rubber boot and galosher sales will certainly be down

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 22, 2021 00:36

Glastonbury can't exist in its full potential in a world where Covid is still a threat to lives

Its return will be greatly welcomed - whenever that may be...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-22 00:45 by Bastion.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 22, 2021 03:01

Meanwhile, the New Orleans Jazz Festival has announced October dates.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 22, 2021 12:36

Irix
Manofwealthandtaste

Glastonbury Festival has been cancelled for a second year

Maybe time now for the Stones to official release their 2013 Glastonbury performance ....

An excellent idea! thumbs up

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 22, 2021 14:23

The longer the epidemic last the little the chances to see the Stones ever live again ...

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 22, 2021 18:34

For sure. I've come to terms with the fact that I may never attend another live Stones show. But maybe I will!

Unless we get this pandemic under control, we won't be going to any large gatherings.

Maybe in 2022? Who knows? To be honest - and I'm speaking as a lifelong fan - Stones shows are not my main priority at present. They certainly won't risk doingany live shows until it's 100% safe for them (and us, I would hope).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home