Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT : Congratulations to Joseph R. Biden, 46th President of the USA
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 21, 2021 18:21

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 21, 2021 18:22

Rocknroll1969
Kamala Harris is the first woman VP. I think the US is behind most of Europe in putting woman in high government positions. Please advise on this.

There has been an imbalance, but we've had a fair-share of female governors, dating back to 1925:

[en.wikipedia.org]

same with Senators...dating back to 1922:

[www.senate.gov]

I don't know if this puts us ahead or behind anybody.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 21, 2021 18:31

We have a 50/50 presence of men and women in the parliament (Riksdagen). That goes for ministers in the government (Regeringen) as well. That has been the standard since the mid eighties. We have yet to see a female prime minister (statsminister) here though. They have all been male so far. Our Nordic neighbors have been more successful in that division. I think Iceland was first with a woman PM if I'm not mistaking...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 21, 2021 19:04

Joe is a decent man.

I love this clip of him speaking from the heart at a memorial service for Ted Kennedy. It illustrates how he is basically a regular, relatable guy.

[www.youtube.com]

Biden sincerely wants the best for this country. We don't need to have mindless Red/Blue team loyalties like we're still in high school.

We are one country, and the only way to move forward is for all of us to work together.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: January 21, 2021 20:55

stickyfingers101
Rocknroll1969
Kamala Harris is the first woman VP. I think the US is behind most of Europe in putting woman in high government positions. Please advise on this.

There has been an imbalance, but we've had a fair-share of female governors, dating back to 1925:

[en.wikipedia.org]

same with Senators...dating back to 1922:

[www.senate.gov]

I don't know if this puts us ahead or behind anybody.

I think the US is behind. I found this on wikipedia

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: January 21, 2021 22:04

bv
This thread will not be closed. Just like they did not close the US Capitol. I do not accept hooligans. I do not accept people who bully and do name calling. Any offending and inappropriate posts here will be deleted, so no need to comment on them.

I watched the inauguration ceremony yesterday. For the first time ever. Mainly because of the Jan 6 hooligan acts. I am not a political person. I love USA and I wish USA all the best. As I watched the direct broadcast on our main TV channel in Norway, I changed channels to some of the 100 or so channels I have in my TV. To the main channels of TV in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, UK, USA and so on. There were more than 30 leading channels broadcasting the inauguration live. Not even the Olympics, or World Cup in football, have that kind of international cover. It was a main event in the world yesterday.

So this thread will stay, because many do care, and many want to congratulate Biden, Harris and USA. I would rather have one such tread per year here than a lot of threads about food, pizza, or other off topic matters. After all, we do live in the real world, we can not disconnect the Rolling Stones from the real world. If USA went into a hooligan place, the Stones would not tour there, they do not tour in unsafe places.

The inauguration performances yesterday by Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Garth Brooks, Amanda Gorman, Bruce Springsteen, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, John Legend and many others were made in love, not hate.

If you can't live with the fact that Biden / Harris is now in charge in USA, then so be it. Please do not post your hate opinions here. I will just delete them. I have had enough of hate posts over the years here. The would can not be built on hate and dividing people, that is not us.

I work for free to keep IORR running. I pay all the bills, there are no ads here. I spend hours every day cleaning up hateful posts and offending comments. Rest assure I will delete posts and I will also delete access. Those who do not respect democracy, those who just want to hate and do name calling, please go away.

Now I will watch Celebrating America - The Inauguration Evening Concert.

Thanks for your respect and understanding. Sure the Rolling Stones will perform live in USA one day, but before that, bury the hate, bring back the love and understanding.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: January 21, 2021 22:07

I meant to comment on this... to say I very much agree this is very well put BV.
Congratulations to Joe Biden and all good wishes and hopes for the future..that some of the divisions in USA maybe healed..
Well done on a great site BV..

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 21, 2021 22:32

Bjornulf,
Thanks for your long post. I wss unaware that the inauguration and later festivities were covered on TV channels around the world. I did notice people from outside the US had concerns for us. Thank you all for those and your good wishes.

MrDDDD, that conversation between three former Presidents from two parties was priceless, thanks for posting. I watched it last night. I knew they chose to attend the inauguration, but not about their taped talk in the Capitol Buildlng.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 21, 2021 23:12

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked to me that the three presidents spoke at Arlington.

Date: January 21, 2021 23:51

Yes, it looked like Arlington

Date: January 21, 2021 23:56

Glad that the Three Presidents got together
I remember their hits

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 22, 2021 00:22

loog droog
Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked to me that the three presidents spoke at Arlington.

Yes..I misspoke, it was Arlington.
Stunning setting.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 22, 2021 01:38

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are both good people and I'm so pleased for America and its people, America has always been looked up to by New Zealanders.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-22 01:46 by colonial.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 22, 2021 01:54

Been watching lot's of bits on world News channels from last couple of days.
I definitely get the feeling that the USA and most of the rest of the world are going to get on a lot better.

I feel the thinking of most of us in this world of ours, are on the same wavelength when it comes to dealing with Covid 19, and coming out of it as a team effort.

The World against Covid 19................and we will all be playing for the winning team smileys with beer

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 22, 2021 02:03

Congratulations and Thank you to Joe and Kamala. This is a relief!

Date: January 22, 2021 02:30

Joe Biden is going to be one of America's greatest Presidents smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 22, 2021 02:37

The three Prezes were at both the inauguration and at Arlington.
Sorry, my error too. As noted above, they spoke together in the Memorial Amphitheater at Arlington.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 22, 2021 03:01

Best of Luck. thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 22, 2021 03:36

Welcome back to the US. A dark cloud is gone.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 22, 2021 07:39

The USA will be great again. The stupidity and evil is gone.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 22, 2021 11:31

colonial

Yes! I hope he'll pardon O.J. Simpson (an innocent man who was victim of racism by the LAPD).

Go Joe! Make this country a better place to live! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-22 11:32 by dcba.

Date: January 22, 2021 11:43

dcba
colonial

Yes! I hope he'll pardon O.J. Simpson (an innocent man who was victim of racism by the LAPD).

Go Joe! Make this country a better place to live! thumbs up

How do you pardon a free man?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 22, 2021 12:15

DandelionPowderman

How do you pardon a free man?

Joe can! Joe can do everything!
Hallelujah! >grinning smiley<

Date: January 22, 2021 12:42

It was interesting to read about why Joe Biden used a different pen to sign each executive order

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 22, 2021 12:45

The President usually uses several different pens so he can gift them. For historical reasons as well as favors I suppose.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 22, 2021 13:03

Please do NOT use this thread for political discussions. Fracking, Climate, Immigration, WHO, NATO, East, West, Iran, Cuba, Russia, China, Mexico, Honduras, Abortion, Tax, conspiracy theories, all of that, it will all be deleted.

This thread is simply here to send your congratulations. Mild and friendly comments like "relief", "rest", "normal", "decent", "good people" and so on will be accepted. Hateful comments as well as political statements will be deleted. Please do not quote opinions you do not agree on, as they might be deleted.

There are no winners or losers here. There is a new time. If you do not want to congratulate, then fine. No worries.

I am a big fan of ice hockey. One of the best parts of ice hockey, is to watch a real tough game. Hard hits. Big fighting. No violence, still muscles meeting, lot of adrenalin. Then, as the final whistle is blowing, and the game is over, the teams line up, they shake hands (when there is no corona), and they are all big smiles. Same with a democratic election.

So this thread is here for those who want to send their congratulations. In four years, there will be another one, if IORR is still around, hope so. After all USA is the most powerful nation on the planet, and we all wish the best for the people living there, as well as for the rest of the world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: January 22, 2021 15:02

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.........

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 22, 2021 15:40

Posted by: jam82460 ()
Date: January 22, 2021 18:36

BV - Rolling Stones, Democracy returns, and Ice Hockey - Gimme Shelter and Let's Go Flyers !!!!!

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: January 22, 2021 19:20

BV for Prez in '24!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home