Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rolling Stones Chocolate Bars?
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 20, 2021 15:25

Re: Rolling Stones Chocolate Bars?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 20, 2021 15:41

Is Marianne going to be the spokesperson?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 20, 2021 15:49

WHAT?
And what's next? Candies, salt sticks, wine gums... thumbs down

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 20, 2021 15:55

Brown Sugar & Cherry Red: [iorr.org] - (since early September 2020). See also: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: January 20, 2021 15:55

@#$%& pathetic.

Date: January 20, 2021 17:16

Oops, I keep up with things fairly regularly here, didn't remember seeing this before, sorry for the duplicate thread.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 20, 2021 19:01

Bad timing to let the world be aware of such breaking news the same day as the new American president will be installed...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 20, 2021 21:02

I'm sure when Gene Simmons sees this he'll be saying Why didn't I think of this?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 20, 2021 22:15

So give me all your money, give me all your gold
.................................................. Some Girls - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: January 20, 2021 23:30

WorriedAboutYou
@#$%& pathetic.
Ok

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2021 04:40

But... no new album. Not even a new single.

This can't really be the Stones, it must be Bravado or whatever the name of the company that... bought their rights... or something like that.

Why not tea?

From the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world: the finest herbal tea in the world, The Rolling Stones' TEA AT THREE.

Featuring:

Midnight Rambler black tea
Ruby Tuesday white tea
Ronnie's Oolong tea
You Got The Silver fermented tea
Fingerprint File green tea
Have You Seen Your Mother yellow tea
Time Waits For No One purple tea

All teas made from the finest most elite collection of Camellia sinensis plants in the world grown in a rural area of Oregon as well as various regions of India.

Date: January 21, 2021 04:55

LOL I glossed right over it in the article: Bravado.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: January 21, 2021 05:58

These things have been available for months. They must really be missing tour revenue.

Date: January 21, 2021 07:47

Paulhanrahan
These things have been available for months. They must really be missing tour revenue.

Then they should at least be $300 a piece. If ya eat it real slow, say, tour hours, why it's the same, or similar, to a ticket.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 21, 2021 14:55

Payday!

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: January 21, 2021 15:55

How pathetic. How un-necessary.

How Las Vegas show band.

I can hear Brian and Stu turning in their graves.

Date: January 21, 2021 15:58

Any idea who makes these?

I'm assuming it's not one of he premier chocolatiers or it would say so and would be "the Rolling Stones partner with...", so probably one of the cheaper easter-egg chocolate-type varieties.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 21, 2021 16:20

Well, beside the candy bars, they could also get into baking products. Rolling Stones brown sugar, anyone?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 21, 2021 16:53

Is this any worse than all the other Stones-gimmicks out there?

I mean - christmas ornaments, cell phone cases, playing cards, poker chips....

what makes chocolate so horrible?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 21, 2021 16:57

Can someone post a picture of the wrapping? There's an image of the 'Cherry Red' bar on google images, but I don't know how to post it. Cherry Red is a dark chocolate bar with cherry, whilst Brown Sugar is the milk chocolate offering. The former is only 60% cocoa, though.

Date: January 21, 2021 17:20

Big Al

Can someone post a picture of the wrapping?

[iorr.org]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 21, 2021 17:45

The Rolling Stones destroyed their brand many years ago, when they started to sell the tongue as a brand on daily men's wear in stores like Dressman in Norway and other places. Mick met up with the Dressman management and key sales people at a big kick-off party in Buenos Aires, and they got millions of dollars for the deal.

When you meet an old guy, or a young girl, with a Stones shirt, and you ask them about the Stones, and they don't know what the Stones are all about, then the brand is dead.

Also, the brand was dead for me when I met people with tour shirts from places they had never been to. It's like having a "FINISHER" black shirt from a major triathlon, and you don't even know what triathlon is all about.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 21, 2021 17:59

bv
The Rolling Stones destroyed their brand many years ago, when they started to sell the tongue as a brand on daily men's wear in stores like Dressman in Norway and other places. Mick met up with the Dressman management and key sales people at a big kick-off party in Buenos Aires, and they got millions of dollars for the deal.

When you meet an old guy, or a young girl, with a Stones shirt, and you ask them about the Stones, and they don't know what the Stones are all about, then the brand is dead.

Also, the brand was dead for me when I met people with tour shirts from places they had never been to. It's like having a "FINISHER" black shirt from a major triathlon, and you don't even know what triathlon is all about.

I think the Baseball & NFL Football Themed shirts were catering precisely to that audience.

Disclaimer: I bought a Cleveland Browns tongue shirt and COVID cancelled that show (and I didn't have tix)

In my defense, I love the Browns, I love the Stones....plus, I got it at a Browns game in Cleveland Fall 2019 from some parking-lot-un-official-t-shirt-salesperson...

so, that makes me feel better...I guess I don't feel like such a tool in that regard.

I also bought the Brisbane Litho b/c as a surfer I liked the Wave-Tongue....I've never been to Brisbane.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: January 21, 2021 17:59

One really has to differentiate between song message and artist these days - otherwise I couldn't take the lyrics to Satisfaction seriously anymore.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 21, 2021 18:05

Thanks, irix

Date: January 21, 2021 18:40

GasLightStreet

But... no new album. Not even a new single.

But the 1st News of 2021 on [iorr.org] .... grinning smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 21, 2021 20:57

A Mars Bar incident again?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 22, 2021 01:32

Seems to me, a turning point was in 1989 when they added 'fashion clothing' to the swag lineup, when Mick and Charlie got involved in the designs with lyrics all over them and whatnot. It only got worse from there.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: January 22, 2021 01:39

Well, I bought 2 bars each of the Stones Chocolate bars and the 4 Ronnie designed bars back in December.....its a bif of fun, guys, remember how that used to be ??? If you don't want to buy it, hate the idea etc. etc. Well....don't ! Simple. By the way, delicious, especially when dunked in JD and coke.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 22, 2021 01:47

chriseganstar
Well, I bought 2 bars each of the Stones Chocolate bars and the 4 Ronnie designed bars back in December.....its a bif of fun, guys, remember how that used to be ??? If you don't want to buy it, hate the idea etc. etc. Well....don't ! Simple. By the way, delicious, especially when dunked in JD and coke.

smileys with beer
I added a Brown Sugar bar to a Carnaby order, if it ever comes.. looking forward to checking it out.
Curious as to where the chocolate is made and if they will be the same product shipping out of the US stores.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home