Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Taylor Swift Has the Top-Selling Album of the Year in U.S. for Historic Fifth Time
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 11, 2021 19:10

Now, let me preface something here. By history, I have not been a Taylor Swift fan (not even a closet fan although I have to say since she put a little meat on her bones, she certainly has been more easy on the eyes---oh Sighunt, you sexist pig, you!! LOL).

Anyway, I never did take her seriously, when she first started out as this geeky, curly haired, country singer, but (even though her music isn't my personal cup of tea), I have to give this gal credit. She has written her own tunes, has taken risks and successfully maneuvered her way over to the top of the pop charts domain, and thus far in her career, has made wise decisions via her music and business that have advanced rather than torpedo her career.

Very impressive Taylor. Stay true to yourself.

[www.billboard.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-11 19:13 by Sighunt.

Re: OT: Taylor Swift Has the Top-Selling Album of the Year in U.S. for Historic Fifth Time
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: January 11, 2021 22:09

I didn't know who she was until we saw her on a commercial this past summer. My wife suspected that I didn't know who she was and asked me how many of her movies that I had seen. I guessed 2 and the laugh was on me. I have successfully avoided current music for a good 20 years now!

How sales are calculated today means that she has sold about 20 million less LP's than Hermits Hermits.

Re: OT: Taylor Swift Has the Top-Selling Album of the Year in U.S. for Historic Fifth Time
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 12, 2021 01:03

Somebody help me here.
Somebody please.
If I start, it's just not gonna be good for me, for her, for Norway if you catch my snow drift.
Just some please

I can't.
It's the Twinkies heiress right?
Lord, do not desert your humble servants I'm his time of need.
I'm just too farn sensitive.
Her people know people who would definitely know my people if I had any.

I'm counting on you Rockers and Rock Goddesses Rockers!
Anywhere in the world.
Just someone who loves Bon Scott and likes to hunt wild boar with mountains women.
Somebody help me here
. Speak for me.
I trust you.
Don't hold back.
Yeh I heard that atgb when she prancerercised right out there sorta like
She ruined how many fricken Greatest Hits Becca of that?
Klein put one out every time he took a dump!
Fkr.
I got em on vinyl
, Cassette, 8 track Compact Discs and now I'm having them placed in the vaccine so I can just snap into virtual. BAM.
More Bass! Well alright.
Charlie's good tonight inint he?
Because it's beat heiress music.
It's no hanging mattah.
If they had done that one and Mick still had that whip and ringmaster costume from
The movie with Cold Turkey.
Anyway...
Yeh Swift makes what? Sliced nitrate balogna,?!
What??

Date: January 12, 2021 01:08

She's probably got great stuff but I'm more Megan Trainor I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-12 01:11 by hopkins.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: January 12, 2021 01:13

She put out two albums this year. Girl stayed busy.

Date: January 12, 2021 01:17

Darn I missed the last four times too.
What's her best produced and written stuff you think?
I never really listened to much of what came up around her.
I like Katy Perry and love Pink but Pink is another Pop generation back from Taylor.
I really did like the Megan Trainor hit where she
Made her label re edit or text shoot the video because they visually Slimmed her down and it pissed her off.
That's a very Rock and Roll move I think.
The track sizzles
Sorry to Taylor fanss.
I'll find her good stuff.
If that many folks loved it.
I'll start with her new stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-12 01:21 by hopkins.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 12, 2021 01:18

wonderboy

That’s got to be a record.

Nate

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 12, 2021 01:49

Saw her in concert once. She sang as tears go by with the Stones!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 12, 2021 01:52

There was a time I thought I might like Taylor Swift but I was able to "Shake it Off".

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 12, 2021 03:56

She has attitude, drive, spirit and she gives a shit. She does what she wants, does it herself and tells people off. I don't care for her music but so what. Any broken nail she has has more talent than Kanye West.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 12, 2021 04:04

^ Very well said. She speaks her mind, actually has talent (although not into her music personally), has developed a loyal fan base and actually tries her best for social justice.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 12, 2021 04:13

As Tears Go By

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 12, 2021 10:03

Yeah Little Mix are really good too...

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 12, 2021 16:13

GasLightStreet
She has attitude, drive, spirit and she gives a shit. She does what she wants, does it herself and tells people off. I don't care for her music but so what. Any broken nail she has has more talent than Kanye West.

I agree with everything except the Kanye West comment. You clearly don’t know hip hop. He doesn’t need to rap to prove he is legitimately talented and most people recognize this unless they have some sort of anti-hip hop bias.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 12, 2021 16:14

Nate
wonderboy

That’s got to be a record.

Nate

That’s got to be a joke.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 12, 2021 17:56

TravelinMan
GasLightStreet

I agree with everything except the Kanye West comment. You clearly don’t know hip hop. He doesn’t need to rap to prove he is legitimately talented and most people recognize this unless they have some sort of anti-hip hop bias.

eye rolling smiley Kanye just a crazy dude. Not into hip hop but there are some artists who are talented. Kanye and his gumby thing not so much.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 12, 2021 18:33

daspyknows
TravelinMan
GasLightStreet

eye rolling smiley Kanye just a crazy dude. Not into hip hop but there are some artists who are talented. Kanye and his gumby thing not so much.
Yeezus is just alright with me!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 12, 2021 22:52

wonderboy

Those albums were my main vibe in 2020

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 13, 2021 07:03

GasLightStreet
Any broken nail she has has more talent than Kanye West.

Really?

It’s just that everything points to Kanye being the more talented.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 13, 2021 07:16

spikenyc
As Tears Go By

[www.youtube.com]

This was the first time I ever heard about her. Not my cup of tea, but this girl certainly has attitude. Mick shared the stage with her in 2015 in one of her concerts. Carly Simon too, and I think it was great.

Date: January 16, 2021 00:56

ALL the songs have a fake drummer?
She's an aggravating blowhard.
Social Justice, eh?
Sorta the Sex Pistols of the Kesha set!?
Discuss.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-16 00:58 by hopkins.

Date: January 16, 2021 01:02

I'm willing to produce the Taylor Sings Mott LP,
but it's really gonna cost her.
Taylor Swift.

Here's a lyric I'm working on for her.
My boyfriend sucks
Just like the last one
Just like all of them
And trust me, there's been an Army
La la la .

Date: January 16, 2021 01:02

I liked Bobby Rydell, ok?
I was 7 but...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-16 01:04 by hopkins.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 16, 2021 02:06

hopkins

Social Justice, eh?

Taylor Swift.
My boyfriend sucks
Just like the last one
Just like all of them
La la la .

Oh come on hopkins, why don't you tell us how you really feel (lol)?cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-16 02:16 by Sighunt.

Date: January 18, 2021 03:15

Sighunt
hopkins

Social Justice, eh?

Taylor Swift.
My boyfriend sucks
Just like the last one
Just like all of them
La la la .

Oh come on hopkins, why don't you tell us how you really feel (lol)?cool smiley

LOL. I come here for breaks then read it back a few days later forgetting about the whole deal and I'm like horrified. Hahaha

Taylor. I am VERY Sorry. It won't happen again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-18 03:28 by hopkins.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 18, 2021 09:32

Who?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home