Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Busking in Belfast
Posted by: Turner ()
Date: January 11, 2021 14:41

How fun to happen upon this band. Love their spirit. They have other videos too.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-11 14:44 by Turner.

Re: OT: Busking in Belfast
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 11, 2021 16:49

Cool. Gives me hope for the future regarding rock'n'roll/rock music. On Tik Tok there are a number of clips of young women playing classic rock riffs on electric guitar and bass.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 11, 2021 17:16

Allie Sherlock is my favorite here. From Grafton Street, Dublin:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 11, 2021 17:42

Love it...Allie Sherlock video that is

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-11 17:43 by Turner.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 11, 2021 19:36

wow , very cool, and such a groove . Bravo !!!!!!!!

Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: January 11, 2021 20:41

When I first heard these young ladies it was this song which came up on "My Recommendations." I thought it was very good.

A quick search turned up this. A 14 song set from Dublin which includes 8 awesome originals as well as classics like Purple Haze, Paranoid, Baby You Can Drive My Car, Johnny B. Goode, Whole Lotta Love and Walk This Way.

I loved the girl's enthusiasm and technical ability. The future of rock'n'roll is in good hands.

This is definitely worth playing loud! Enjoy. Thank me later. smileys with beer

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 11, 2021 22:25

Well, that is a very impressive trio

Great delivery of classic rock. Thanks for the share

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 12, 2021 01:07

Turner
How fun to happen upon this band. Love their spirit. They have other videos too.

very nice. I work about a three minute walk from there although as I've been working from home since September I havent had the chance to check them out!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 12, 2021 01:31

gostonesforever
When I first heard these young ladies it was this song which came up on "My Recommendations." I thought it was very good.

They are as good as they get.thumbs up I saw rock and roll future.
The silver lining is coming into view bit by bit.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: January 12, 2021 04:03

smileys with beer

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 12, 2021 09:53

Can’t quite put my finger on why I like this band....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 12, 2021 10:06

.... dont be a pussy ... just tell the truth

ROCKMAN

Date: January 12, 2021 13:39

smileys with beer
Rockman
.... dont be a pussy ... just tell the truth

Date: January 14, 2021 16:18

They give me hope as well! I liked their performance of Crossroads. Maybe they should add Dance Little Sister to the repertoire...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 14, 2021 16:22

Gazza
I work about a three minute walk from there although as I've been working from home since September I havent had the chance to check them out!

Mick's on the prowl too! They remind him of The Corrs! grinning smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 14, 2021 20:30

Turner

Checked out some of their other vids on youtube, really good. Nice to see the bass player has a Stones tongue on her bass! Didn't really notice it on this vid but I watched them doing Gloria and they zoomed in on it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 14, 2021 20:44

In what way do three young girls playing fifty years old, outdated, rock music give you hope about the future of rock music? (I'm not particularly impressed by them anyway. They sound like any replica band.
A bit more amateurish though. The difference is sex and age.)

Date: January 14, 2021 20:52

These ladies are really good ! Multi instrumentalists and great vocals and so very talented for real . I watched there video of Whole Lotta Love and the vocalist/guitarist/bassist was hitting all of those high notes that Plant used to hit a lifetime ago ! I am very impressed !

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 14, 2021 21:04

I think they're great! You can feel the love they have for the music.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 15, 2021 02:15

Yes they have a great feel for music almost 3 times their age. They probably look to bands like Haim (who cover Oh Well) as much as the Stones, but still, nice to see musical lineage.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 15, 2021 03:30

Great seeing this as I am from Belfast although I left in 1988. Fair play to them

Date: January 29, 2021 21:21

I've been watching a lot of their vids on Youtube lately. An amazing version of You're So Vain. Hard to believe they're only around 20 years old! A couple short vids of guitar solos too. The girl with the curlier hair, who looks like a young Jacklyn Smith, plays an Extreme guitar solo that Nuno Bettencourt even mentions on his instagram! Zep Heartbreaker guitar solo that sounds really good, too.
I really like how they both play guitar and bass so they switch off depending on the song. Now I'm waiting for them to do a Stones song.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 30, 2021 18:01

Very talented, big futures

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 1, 2021 18:29

DGA35
I've been watching a lot of their vids on Youtube lately. An amazing version of You're So Vain. Hard to believe they're only around 20 years old! A couple short vids of guitar solos too. The girl with the curlier hair, who looks like a young Jacklyn Smith, plays an Extreme guitar solo that Nuno Bettencourt even mentions on his instagram! Zep Heartbreaker guitar solo that sounds really good, too.
I really like how they both play guitar and bass so they switch off depending on the song. Now I'm waiting for them to do a Stones song.

DGA35...yea mate I had a good look for a Stones song couldn't find one, but there's a Stones connection wee Mollie McGinn wearing a Stones T-Shirt doing a Beatles cover (Taxman) at The Cavern Club, Liverpool

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: February 1, 2021 20:03

Stoneage
In what way do three young girls playing fifty years old, outdated, rock music give you hope about the future of rock music? (I'm not particularly impressed by them anyway. They sound like any replica band.
A bit more amateurish though. The difference is sex and age.)

I find hope in seeing them enjoying themselves playing old tunes and they are good at it from my perspective. I like their original songs as well but maybe you will be impressed just a bit by Paranoid @2:55?

Date: February 1, 2021 20:16

colonial
DGA35

DGA35...yea mate I had a good look for a Stones song couldn't find one, but there's a Stones connection wee Mollie McGinn wearing a Stones T-Shirt doing a Beatles cover (Taxman) at The Cavern Club, Liverpool

Yup, they also have the Stones tongue on one of the bass guitars they use. I like their version of 8 Days a Week! Seems there's more vids of theirs on Youtube from fans as opposed to their own Youtube channel!

Date: February 4, 2021 01:24

Nice to read the positive comments regarding these young ladies. Here's a bit more. Enjoy.

Date: February 7, 2021 10:43

Another thing I like about them is it seems most/all of their songs are short, 2 to 3 minutes long.

Date: March 11, 2021 09:15

Still been watching their vids, love some of their original songs! Baby Don't Leave Me sounds like it could have been an Everly Brothers song. Hard On Yourself is another good song that has a country feel to it.

Date: June 19, 2021 01:16

"Stamp On It" New from Dea Matrona. These ladies just keep on getting better.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home