Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: What is the average age of the users on IORR?
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 13, 2021 22:33

I'm late 50s - like Keith says for some fans, the band has always been there like the moon and stars. It surely applies to me - cars, women, houses, jobs, hobbies come and go but they're the one of the few constants lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-13 22:34 by Lynd8.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 13, 2021 23:51

I took the liberty of calculating some statics of the average age IORR members

Total members that filled in there age 107
Youngest member 19
Oldest member 75
Average age IORR members 53.8

1 member is in his teens
4 members are in their 20's
6 members are in their 30's
21 members are in their
34 members are in their 50's
33 members are in their 60's
7 members are in their 70's

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 14, 2021 00:43

Not a huge sampling, and perhaps the over 50 crowd represented here more during the down time than say if there were a tour upcoming etc.. but also may represent the fans fairly accurately. Hard to say, but my bet is the average age goes down some when more fans are participating during a tour.

Thanks for adding up the posts.
Roughly-
69% over 50
31% under 50

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: January 14, 2021 01:07

Fan since hearing them on Radio LUX autum '63
First shows June 24th in Oslo - (2 shows - got the first ab. 75 % & the second 100%)

All the Best!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 14, 2021 01:52

Thank you for taking the time, NICOS. For a group that released their first record in 1963 and had their final ‘global hit’ in 1981, I suppose it’s about right. The Stones surely have many younger fans then the demographic here would suggest, I’d imagine. It’s just that here is, perhaps, not a medium they’d chose to gravitate towards.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 14, 2021 02:07

Like the Stones themselves, a majority of us fans are old farts.

Keep on rolling.................

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 14, 2021 10:49

Did I miss our young and enthousiastic member JordyLicks here?
I hope all is well with you!
smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 14, 2021 11:00

The IORR visitors ages are reflected by the same age you see in crowds across the world. In some parts of the world, there are a lot of young fans, especially South America. In Europe there has been new generations with many young fans coming to shows.

Bjornulf

Date: January 14, 2021 11:06

MisterDDDD
Not a huge sampling, and perhaps the over 50 crowd represented here more during the down time than say if there were a tour upcoming etc.. but also may represent the fans fairly accurately. Hard to say, but my bet is the average age goes down some when more fans are participating during a tour.

Roughly-
69% over 50
31% under 50

Considering the sky-high ticket prices, I'd imagine the average age of the concert attendee is fifty-something: middle-aged, more affluent, etc. I do feel the fan-base is ageing. A decade ago, I'd have found it hard to believe that there are those here in their 70's. There wasn't, of course.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 14, 2021 11:56

....for me in France radio Lux in 63 was like radio London in 44...!

Date: January 14, 2021 12:29

Big Al
MisterDDDD

Roughly-
69% over 50
31% under 50

Considering the sky-high ticket prices, I'd imagine the average age of the concert attendee is fifty-something: middle-aged, more affluent, etc. I do feel the fan-base is ageing. A decade ago, I'd have found it hard to believe that there are those here in their 70's. There wasn't, of course.

In 2006 I was at a Stones concert in Rome's Olympic Stadium. The place was not sold out. At some point "somebody" (maybe even the Stones?) decided that the audience in the outer rings was allowed to come down to the pitch (where in front all those "oldies" had expensive seats). The red&white tape was no match for all those YOUNG fans, so in a matter of minutes they were all around, in between and in front of us "snobs" grinning smiley
Obviously people complained, but I suggested to my friends and others to go and stand on top of our seats and have fun that way. It worked. Many, many young fans in between those old(er) ones who could afford the expensive tickets. Fantastic!
Sadly, some Americans were so p*ssed that they left. They could see the fun side of it.
Many young fans, Big Al cool smiley (meanwhile well in their 30s now ...)

Date: January 14, 2021 12:44

georgie48

In 2006 I was at a Stones concert in Rome's Olympic Stadium. The place was not sold out. At some point "somebody" (maybe even the Stones?) decided that the audience in the outer rings was allowed to come down to the pitch (where in front all those "oldies" had expensive seats). The red&white tape was no match for all those YOUNG fans, so in a matter of minutes they were all around, in between and in front of us "snobs" grinning smiley
Obviously people complained, but I suggested to my friends and others to go and stand on top of our seats and have fun that way. It worked. Many, many young fans in between those old(er) ones who could afford the expensive tickets. Fantastic!
Sadly, some Americans were so p*ssed that they left. They could see the fun side of it.

Oh, I know there are younger fans attending the shows; especially in South America, as bv pointed out. Yes, some of us 'younger' Tell Me contributors are approaching their 40's; frightening stuff! Don't get me started on the greying beard!

Date: January 14, 2021 13:34

Big Al
georgie48

Oh, I know there are younger fans attending the shows; especially in South America, as bv pointed out. Yes, some of us 'younger' Tell Me contributors are approaching their 40's; frightening stuff! Don't get me started on the greying beard!

Greying beard? How about a bold head. It all happened to me ages ago grinning smiley
A body of 72 with a soul of 27 cool smiley
Don't worry, we're still around.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 14, 2021 14:22

I do see a number of younger fans, even in the US. And prolly more now than a few years ago. I really first noticed it at Desert Trip. Yes, that was a different kind of show, but the whole line up was old and got their start in the 60s.

plexi

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 14, 2021 14:36

Big Al
Thank you for taking the time, NICOS. For a group that released their first record in 1963 and had their final ‘global hit’ in 1981, I suppose it’s about right. The Stones surely have many younger fans then the demographic here would suggest, I’d imagine. It’s just that here is, perhaps, not a medium they’d chose to gravitate towards.

I can well believe that younger fans might find the message board format a bit dated ( not IORR in particular, but message boards in general). Where do you think they might be hanging out?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 14, 2021 14:37

I would say the average age is around 50.

EDIT: just noticed the stats by Nicos - saying the same thing as my rough estimation.

I recall there was over 10 years ago a similar question. And at the time, based also on statistics, the avarage was around 40.

We ain't getting no younger...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-14 14:43 by Doxa.

Date: January 14, 2021 14:49

Green Lady
Big Al

I can well believe that younger fans might find the message board format a bit dated ( not IORR in particular, but message boards in general). Where do you think they might be hanging out?

TickTock and Instagram would be my guess. I don't understand either, admittedly.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 14, 2021 15:19

Green Lady
Big Al

It could be like you both say. I think the 'golden age' of message boards like ours was the 00's. Then it was all novel and fresh - and we all were a bit younger - the idea and chance to commmunicate with fellow fans over anything Stones-related was very inspiring. There was a lot to discuss about. Then people get to used to it, and there was nothing novel about it any longer. I think as the years went by, people just got a bit tired after having discussed about any relevant issue related to the Stones (probably multiple times). There wasn't any longer such eagerness, inspiration and passion. What is there to add? And at the same time, there weren't any longer enough of new contributors to make a change (like starting it altogether fresh again). It could be that for those new ones the atmosphere wasn't that inspiring either, since it was difficult to get the old guard excited again to talk about the same thing over and over again...

For example, there was a time BV needed to to make measures to cool down Taylor/Wood-debates... Now that issue doesn't seem to interest anyone (be it good or bad...)

My personal opinion is that the strongest value of IORR still is being the medium of info related (mostly) to tours. I guess that is also the trait our moderator appriecates most.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-14 15:26 by Doxa.

Date: January 14, 2021 15:26

Doxa

EDIT: just noticed the stats by Nicos - saying the same thing as my rough estimation.

I recall there was over 10 years ago a similar question. And at the time, based also on statistics, the avarage was around 40.

- Doxa

You're right there cool smiley
Ten years ago I sometimes told people that the Rolling Stones were already part of my life for a shocking 47 years. Next month I have to tell them that it's an outragious ... 57 years. That's 7 years more than the average age of "all" IORR fans!
Somehow time is still on our (lucky ones) side ...
But yes, I also lost many Stones fan friends over, say, the past two decades. I carry them in my heart, though.

Date: January 14, 2021 15:46

Doxa

For example, there was a time BV needed to to make measures to cool down Taylor/Wood-debates... Now that issue doesn't seem to interest anyone (be it good or bad...)

- Doxa

I rest my case.

61 years

First record:Yaya's

Concert: Rotterdam '73.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: January 14, 2021 17:30

I'm 57 next month, aspiring grown up...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 14, 2021 17:58

NICOS

Youngest member 19
Oldest member 75

1 member is in his teens
21 members are in their

Wow! I'm close to precisely your calculated average - 54 at the end of April so that makes me an average fan by that measure winking smiley

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 14, 2021 20:00

NICOS

Youngest member 19
Oldest member 75

1 member is in his teens
21 members are in their

Nice job doing this NICOS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-15 02:50 by 2000 LYFH.

Date: January 15, 2021 05:58

I'm in my early 20s, have been a member since my late teens.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: January 15, 2021 14:47

I'm also 20. And have visited this great site since 2014.

Let's get this average down a bit spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: January 15, 2021 20:27

Turned 50 last year and still can't wrap my head around it - luckily I still have my hair -

First Rolling Stones memory is my older brother playing Goat's Head Soup on the console record player at my Grandparent's house in 1973 - it's a vivid memory because the cover scared me- but not as scary as our Mom yelling at him when the last song came on-

First concert was Greensboro, 1978 with the same brother,cousin & some of their friends - I guess I was their mascot-

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 15, 2021 21:42

grzegorz67
NICOS

Youngest member 19
Oldest member 75

1 member is in his teens
21 members are in their

Wow! I'm close to precisely your calculated average - 54 at the end of April so that makes me an average fan by that measure winking smiley

Being 61 I guess that makes me above average. Nice...drinking smileygrinning smiley

Date: January 15, 2021 22:29

Doxa

- Doxa

I did a search for this old age post but couldn't find it.....anybody knows how it was called back then?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 15, 2021 23:11

hopkins

My prime.

Ok.
Still in my prime tho

I was 12 when I first heard them.
They were releasing singles and the first LP on London.Records in NA.
I liked it, and the Singles, and was in.

I grew up as a pre-teen and then a teenager,
and then an adult with every single release.
Still in.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-15 23:15 by hopkins.

Date: January 15, 2021 23:23

Added 8 members with an average of 49.6 ;o) so the overall average went down with 0.3 year

Total members that filled in there age 107 115
Youngest member 19
Oldest member 75
Average age IORR members 53.8 53.5

1 member is in his teens
6 members are in their 20's
21 members are in their 40's
37 members are in their 50's
35 members are in their 60's
8 members are in their 70's

The most common age are:
5 members have the same age 49,50 and 70
6 members have the same age 57,58 and 60
7 members have the same age 61

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-15 23:26 by NICOS.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home