Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Another Round of Thanks to BV
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 9, 2021 00:48

BV, many thanks for this site. I visit pretty much every day. It is no-nonsense Stones content. It must be very time consuming to monitor all the threads alone!

All the best to you and God bless you!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 9, 2021 00:55

BV, this is a great site. You obviously put much work and dedication into it. I continue to feed my knowledge of Stones and their music via all the interesting posts that I read here. I don't take it for granted how much work goes into it.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 9, 2021 00:57

If he was British he would up for a knighthood and rightly so.
Arise Sir Bjornulf!

Posted by: keeffan ()
Date: January 9, 2021 02:32

Just want to add my thanks to Bjornulf for his dedication to producing such a brilliant site for Rolling Stones fans all across the world.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 9, 2021 06:41

BV for president!

Wait...

jb

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: January 9, 2021 09:03

It saddened me Bjornulf, to hear of the measures you have felt it necessary to take in order to keep yourself safe. I check this site every day and I derive immense pleasure from doing so

Thank you for all you do

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 9, 2021 09:44

Thanks again, Bjornulf
I can only imagine the hard work you're putting in into this great site.
Visiting this place almost every day would not be possible without your passion.

Different opinions is one thing, a heated debate here and there can't be avoided
sometimes...but threatening another person is disgusting.
Those people claiming to share the same passion as all the nice people
around here at IORR... The Rolling Stones.
That's the sad thing ...but those people are not fans...

Long live IORR

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 9, 2021 11:31

Thanks Bjornulf for all the good work and keeping this site a good place.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 9, 2021 13:18

This site is a blessing, for you BV to have taken your love to this extent and welcome others to share the same love is incredible. Let’s hope 2021 brings more gifts from the band we love

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 9, 2021 15:25

Hi Bjornulf,
No need to add anything to what's been written above. I know you as a man with great passion for the Stones. So great that this site is still very well alive and kicking!
I hope to see you again on the next Rolling Stones show. How about the Summer of '22?
smileys with beer

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: January 9, 2021 17:07

Absolutely! Many thanks BV for the forum you provide us!!

Posted by: poti ()
Date: January 9, 2021 17:43

Hver morgen samme gang: mens jeg spiser frokost med kona mi, sjekker jeg e-posten, leser dagsavisa og deretter går jeg straks inn på yndlingssida mi - den beste sida om mitt favorittband som det noen gang fantes! Tusen takk, Bjørnulf

Jeden Morgen derselbe Ablauf: Beim Frühstück mit meiner Frau checke ich die e-mails, lese die Zeitung und dann nichts wie rein in meine Lieblingsseite -die beste Seite über meine Lieblingsband, die es je gab! Lie Brörnulf, tausend Dank dafür!!!

Every morning the same schedule: While having breakfast with my wife, I check our e-mails, read the newspaper and after that I can't wait to enter my favourite website - the best site about my favourite band ever.
Thank you so much Bjoernulf!!!

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: January 9, 2021 18:03

Hello everyone, I would like to echo all these thoughts. Thanks bv, a couple of years he dealt very promptly when I needed new password. There is no excuse for death threats... and as mentioned these are not proper fans.
I am interested to know more about bv, is he part of the Stones inner circle?
Anyway, thanks again bjornulf for a great site..

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: January 9, 2021 18:55

Thank you BV for providing this great platform to all of us and for standing-up defending the truth.

Date: January 9, 2021 19:24

Best forum ever! thumbs up

Posted by: lmc ()
Date: January 9, 2021 19:33

Thanks Bjørnulf, and stay safe.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 9, 2021 19:43

Thanks BV.
Stay safe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-09 19:57 by schillid.

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: January 9, 2021 20:54

I was shocked and saddened to read about the abuse and threats BV has suffered. Outrageous.

Makes me admire and appreciate this site, and all the effort that goes into it, even more.

Stay strong! You have many, many more friends than enemies......We salute you!!

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: January 10, 2021 04:02

This is a very much appreciated site. Lots of work and thank you so much BV.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 10, 2021 04:24

Thank you BV, I echo all the positive praise heaped on you, well deserved. I don't post much, it can get pretty rough around here sometimes but you keep it all in check and to you goes all thanks and praises.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: January 10, 2021 16:28

Who is the man who keeps us all
Up to date with our favorite band?
Who is the man who unites Stones fans
Both here and in distant lands?

Who is the man who merits thanks
From all fans, you and me?
The answer is here, in IORR
All hail to our leader, BV!!

(OK, not exactly Longfellow, but heartfelt, nonetheless!)

Cheers from Atlanta, sir, and thanks.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: January 10, 2021 20:56

Thank you Bjornulf, for providing this terrific service to Stones fans around the world.
(An amazing feat for one guy, if you think about it.)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2021 21:52

stickyfingers101
All right folks....I think we can all agree that BV is working tirelessly on this site....and often on subjects that he doesn't have to keep open and spend his time monitoring.

If you followed the "Capitol" thread, BV noted he has received personal threats and all sorts of hidden messages lately....WTF is that all about?

I just saw this in that thread.

I know some of us have some sarcastic ranty fun with people here - and that's all it is. I've never once thought anyone would want to seriously threaten anyone here for anything, in fact, it may very well be the opposite, probably meet up and grab a beer or whatever and have a laugh. Afterall, we are digitally united or connected in the regard of what we like or love with The Rolling Stones. No one wins, there's no trophy, it's not important ie food water shelter etc, it's just fun. Well, OK, for some it may be a bit heavier in the sanity department.

I get why BV started that thread, it's absolutely mind blowing what happened, but it seems like leaving anything political alone is best. For whatever reason politics brings out the worst in some people and it's similar to how the news is: very little good news is talked about, all the bad news is dissected for days.

As structured as we are as animals, chaos is a thrill, whether it's a fun thrill or a critical thrill, "thrill" in terms of janking up one's immune system etc.

As far as hidden messages and personal threats go towards/at BV I don't understand the logic of that: how on Earth would or could anyone get or gain anything from doing such a thing? I've used the Elton John metaphor to explain things to people about likes and dislikes and engaging within that: I don't like Elton John, I don't own any of his music - but he's done some great songs and he's awesome. If you think about that for a second in regard to iorr.org I don't go to any Elton John fan sites because I don't want to. It's that simple. Just like it's simple to not click on a thread to complain about its existence. As stickyfingers101 pointed out in that thread in regard to something I said to 1962, no one is forcing anyone to open it (which it did appear BV misunderstood but he clarified that - and yes, it was not a hidden message).

Would I turn down going to see Elton John live? Probably not, the exception being, at least loosely, I'm leaving early to go somewhere the next morning or I'm going to see another music act I really like. Nothing can be worse than seeing Dr John live like the time I did when he appeared to be napping during his gig so seeing Elton John would certainly be a blast.

Would I threaten BV for posting a thread or a bunch of threads or a page about Elton John? No. Nor would I threaten him for his political interests or if he posted a thread about Brexit or if he buys ice cream or uses a cell phone made by a company that supports (enter whoever here). No one can take the complete higher moral ground. It's literally and scientifically impossible. If I had a chip on my shoulder about ATT's ownership supporting balloons and I know they're awful for sea life does that mean I'm going to stop using ATT and switch to whoever? Because certainly the ownership of any company does something that I don't agree with. Me not using ATT doesn't stop balloons from killing sea life.

Not my business and not my problem and not for me to control, I just need to use a damn phone (and hope they stop using balloons, regardless if I let them know how I felt). If ATT fired that person that still doesn't stop balloons. Boycotting such a thing in the strictest of morals would mean I don't have a phone. Well, you know, I kinda need one.

I guess I "boycott" where I can. I will never buy a BP product if I can help it.

Is Exxon or Chevron just as bad as BP? I really don't know but one thing I do know: they didn't let the Gulf Of Mexico get destroyed because of their ignorance and arrogance, which did affect my life (nothing financially). So that's how that works, for me, anyway. We do what we can, right? One step at a time.

So, yes, thank you, BV, for the work you do for this site to be available to Stones maniacs.

Question(s) for BV
Posted by: Andithurts ()
Date: January 8, 2021 21:13

I want to thank you for your courage in exhibiting yourself for opening the Capitol Thread.

Could you please communicate how large is the proportion of pro Capitol attack respectively offending posts?
How many posts have you deleted?
Are you surprised of these reactions from people who are members of IORR?

Re: Question(s) for BV
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2021 23:56

Sorry I never comment on moderation details due to security reasons.

Bjornulf

Re: Question(s) for BV
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 11, 2021 06:11

thank you BV if the world is going to get better its going to need more people like you willing to put in the tiring work to sort through the useless noise so that the rest of use can have constructive conversations not just with the dc riots but everything else you do to keep iorr a respectful and inclusive place

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-11 06:11 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 11, 2021 12:44

Too bad that some persons even have gone to the extreme to make personal threats.

Yes, this site and its forum are indeed a blessing for anybody with a passionate interest in Rolling Stones music. Thank you, bv!

Edit: I wrote its, not it's, as it came out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-11 13:02 by Witness.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 11, 2021 14:06

Thank You BV , for allowing us to express our feelings in regards to the mess at the US Capital and all of the most wonderful work you do and for sharing so kindly and graciously -your the best !

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 12, 2021 21:29

BV, I just want to put you front and center again. Thank you, thank you, thank you for maintaining this fabulous site for us and for your kindness and sensitivity.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: January 13, 2021 05:23

I too would like to extend my thanks to you BV for all you've done over the years.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1213
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home