Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: OT: Pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol building
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 8, 2021 13:25

Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
I don't think this has anything to do with IORR.
Please close it!

...Keith is living in the US!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 8, 2021 13:25

DandelionPowderman
Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
Please close it!

[iorr.org]

I don't agree. There are a lot of other places for this outside of IORR.

Date: January 8, 2021 13:37

DandelionPowderman
Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
Please close it!

[iorr.org]

Agreed, but you asked why smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2021 13:37

DandelionPowderman
Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
Please close it!

[iorr.org]

Would you rather have a harmless off topic thread about Garth Brooks here?

The whole world is holding the breath while Donald Trump is still having the keys to the nuclear bombs.
"Wag The Tail" was a movie - Trump is for real.
The terror attack at the US DC Capitol sure means a lot to us.
The Rolling Stones would not be able to tour under such conditions.
Just like they pulled off a show in Kiev Ukraine.
I would rather close down IORR before I closed down this thread.
Still, I will close it at one point, when things get too busy, or when we may rest.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 8, 2021 13:41

MisterDDDD
"Ending a day of public silence, Mr. Trump posted a 2½-minute video on Twitter on Thursday evening denouncing the mob attack in a way that he had refused to do a day earlier. Reading dutifully from a script prepared by his staff, he declared himself “outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem” and told those who broke the law that “you will pay.”

While he did not give up his false claims of election fraud, he finally conceded defeat. “A new administration will be inaugurated on Jan. 20,” Mr. Trump acknowledged. “My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power. This moment calls for healing and reconciliation.”

Mr. Trump initially resisted taping the video, agreeing to do it only after aides pressed him and he appeared to suddenly realize he could face legal risk for prodding the mob, coming shortly after the chief federal prosecutor for Washington left open the possibility of investigating the president for illegally inciting the attack by telling supporters to march on the Capitol and show strength.

Pat A. Cipollone, the White House counsel, had warned Mr. Trump of just that danger on Wednesday as aides frantically tried to get the president to intervene and publicly call off rioters, which he did only belatedly, reluctantly and halfheartedly.

“We are looking at all actors, not only the people who went into the building,” Michael R. Sherwin, the U.S. attorney in Washington, told reporters. Asked if that included Mr. Trump, he did not rule it out. “We’re looking at all actors,” he repeated. “If the evidence fits the elements of a crime, they’re going to be charged.”
[www.nytimes.com]

It beggars belief that only the threat of legal consequences and pressure from aides could induce a president to deliver those words. Too little too late when five are dead. He knew exactly what he was doing when he told his supporters to march on Capitol Hill and show strength. People can argue about the semantics but his tone and body language said it all.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 8, 2021 13:46

[www.whitehouse.gov]

I wonder if this applies to the events at the Capitol this week...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-08 13:51 by Koen.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 8, 2021 14:10

TooTough
Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
Please close it!

and cannot vote. He may as well be there on holiday.

Date: January 8, 2021 14:37

I have been following many sources of information for a long time, including CNN, NT Times, Washington Post, BBC, Fox News, Trump's Twitter account, as well as all major media in Norway. What is very, very clear, is the fact that there is a smoking gun easy to find for the US justice department.

Trump said on Twitter:

Retweet Jan 1:

Donald J. Trump:
A great honor!
Kylie Jane Kremer
The calvary is coming, Mr. President!

Retweet Jan 3:

Donald J. Trump Retweeted
Jennifer Lynn Lawrence
We have been marching all around the country for you Mr President. Now we will bring it to DC on Jan 6 and PROUDLY stand beside you! Thank you for fighting for us.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I will be there. Historic day!

And then numerous times and tweets every day until the fatal day Jan 6:

Donald J. Trump
Jan 5
Washington is being inundated with people who don’t want to see an election victory stolen by emboldened Radical Left Democrats. Our Country has had enough, they won’t take it anymore! We hear you (and love you) from the Oval Office. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Donald J. Trump
Jan 5
I will be speaking at the SAVE AMERICA RALLY tomorrow on the Ellipse at 11AM Eastern. Arrive early — doors open at 7AM Eastern. BIG CROWDS!

Then the actual speech, when he actually asked the 60,000+ crowd to march down to the Capitol, saying he would be with them, and sort it all out.

One hour or more with pure smoking gun evidence of supporting a riot:

We are coming for you (D. Trump Jr)
Today is the day .. kicking ass.

And after the riots and terror happened, Trump quotes:

Remember this date forever.
Patriots.
I Love You.

The evidence is all there. No question. Trump wanted the riot, he asked for it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 8, 2021 14:42

I still can't see anything Band related in this thread.
By the time touring will be an option for them, he'll be long gone.

But "the master make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
It's alright, Ma, I can stand it."
(slightly changed ;-))

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 8, 2021 14:45

Big Al
TooTough
Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
Please close it!

and cannot vote. He may as well be there on holiday.

After all and thanks god he still is a british citizen!

Date: January 8, 2021 15:16

Seems like Trump has come to his senses a bit. He condemns the mob storms US Capitol building for whatever reasons and will give his title (president of the US) to Biden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-08 15:17 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: January 8, 2021 15:23

TheflyingDutchman
Seems like Trump has come to his senses a bit. He condemns the mob storms US Capitol building for whatever reasons and will give his title (president of the US) to Biden.

Or his lawyers whispered something in his ear smiling smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:26

TheflyingDutchman
Seems like Trump has come to his senses a bit.

No, I don't think so. It's just about tactics...

Date: January 8, 2021 15:27

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

Or his lawyers whispered something in his ear smiling smiley

smoking smiley

Date: January 8, 2021 15:29

Roadster32
I still can't see anything Band related in this thread.
By the time touring will be an option for them, he'll be long gone.

But "the master make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
It's alright, Ma, I can stand it."
(slightly changed ;-))

This is an Off Topic (OT) thread. It is clearly marked with a prefix in the subject line. There is nothing about the Rolling Stones here. Still, The Rolling Stones do live in our real world. If the world is broken then they can not perform. If you want to read and talk about the Rolling Stones, then just go to the home page. There are many threads there.

OT threads are explained in the Help About pages:

IORR forum help and policies

Off topic posts
IORR is a board dedicated to The Rolling Stones and related topics. Still, other interesting topics may be accepted at times, as long as they are not offending, and as long as there are not too many of them at any time. Make sure you mark your Off Topic post with "OT:" in the subject field. In order to keep the OFF TOPIC number low - after all this is a ROLLING STONES board, not Facebook or Twitter, the IORR Editor will simply remove a lot of the Off Topic posts when they show up. Please do not post off topic, unless it is very important to a lot of us, or interesting in general. Please no more "see me playing in my band" or other types of me-centric posts. Simply too many off topics. Also, boring stuff like food and meal discussions, they are not rock'n'roll, please don't post, they are off topic and will be deleted. Thanks for your understanding.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:31

This is what Trump told supporters before many stormed Capitol Hill
The president incited those who attended his rally to march to the Capitol.

Here's what Trump said at his rally:

Media will not show the magnitude of this crowd even I when I turned on today, I looked, and I saw thousands of people here, but you don't see hundreds of thousands of people behind you because they don't want to show that. We have hundreds of thousands of people here, and I just want them to be recognized by the fake news media. Turn your cameras, please, and show what is really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer, they're not going to take it any longer.

Go ahead, turn your cameras, please. Would you show they came from all over the world actually, but they came from all over our country. I just really want to see what they do. I just want to see how they cover it. I've never seen anything like it, but it would be really great if we could be covered fairly by the media. The media is the biggest problem we have as far as I'm concerned single biggest problem.

The fake news and the big tech, big tech, is now coming into their own. We beat them four years ago, we surprised them. We took him by surprise and this year they rigged an election, they rigged it like they have never rigged an election before, and by the way, last night, they didn't do a bad job either, if you notice. I am honest, and I just again, I want to thank you. It's just a great honor to have this kind of crowd and to be before you and hundreds of thousands of American patriots who are committed to the honesty of our elections and the integrity of our glorious Republic.

All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by a bold and radical left Democrats which is what they are doing and stolen by the fake news media. That is what they have done and what they are doing. We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved.

Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about.

And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal.

Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election. You know I say sometimes jokingly, but there's no joke about it. I have been into elections. I won them both and the second one I won much bigger than the first, okay?

Almost 75 million people voted for our campaign, the most of any incumbent president by far in the history of our country; 12 million more than four years ago.

And I was told by the real pollsters; we do have real pollsters. They know that we were going to do well and we were going to win. What I was told if I went from 63 million, which we had four years ago to 66 million, there was no chance of losing. Well, we didn't go to 66, we went to 75 million, and they say we lost. We didn't lose. And by the way, does anybody believe that Joe had 80 million votes? Does anybody believe that?

He had 80 million computer votes. It's a disgrace. There's never been anything like that. You can take third world countries just take a look take third world countries their elections are more honest than what we have been going through in this country. It's a disgrace. It's a disgrace. Even when you look at last night, they were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off with boxes, and nobody knows what the hell is going on. There's never been anything like this. We will not let them silence your voices. We're not going to let it happen.

Not going to let it happen.

CROWD: Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump.

TRUMP: Thank you.
[abcnews.go.com]

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:32

Trump coming to his senses??!! He's desperate. He's trying to save his own arse and turned his back on his supporters. They're such ignorant fools. Do you think that maybe now they'll see that Trump is nothing more than a malignant narcissistic con artist?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:50

There is a deeper question behind this: How can a person like Mr Trump be elected in the first place? Why do more than 74 million US citizens vote for him?
What can we conclude from that. Those are the real questions. Repeating over and over that Mr Trump is a bufoon doesn't lead anywhere.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:51

MisterDDDD
CROWD: Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump.

This is the problem with American politics. It's not just trump, "fight" is used by every politician no matter which party, and every time I hear it I hate it. I don't elect people to fight, I elect them to get things done. I can turn on boxing if I want to see people fight.

I'm just glad all media and both parties now condemn rioting, though still far too many singularly focused on recent activity and ignoring what else took place in the last 12 months (or 12 years quite frankly). I hope Biden does what he says and tries to pull everyone together though every time he talks of this he first insults Trump voters which isn't going to help since an overwhelming majority of them disagree with the rioting at the capital earlier this week. I've read several political books over the years, I know he worked hard while in the senate and reached across the aisle so I know he has the potential, but his work in the Senate was a long time ago, and he's got a whole lot of people pulling him in extreme directions, so we'll see what happens. I worry about his age, his past brain aneurysms, but it is what it is and we'll all see how this begins to play out in less than two weeks. I'm hoping for the best even though he wasn't my first choice (and for the record neither was Trump though you can only choose amongst those on the ballot).

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 8, 2021 16:06

kovach
MisterDDDD

This is the problem with American politics. It's not just trump, "fight" is used by every politician no matter which party, and every time I hear it I hate it. I don't elect people to fight, I elect them to get things done. I can turn on boxing if I want to see people fight.

I'm just glad all media and both parties now condemn rioting, though still far too many singularly focused on recent activity and ignoring what else took place in the last 12 months (or 12 years quite frankly). I hope Biden does what he says and tries to pull everyone together though every time he talks of this he first insults Trump voters which isn't going to help since an overwhelming majority of them disagree with the rioting at the capital earlier this week. I've read several political books over the years, I know he worked hard while in the senate and reached across the aisle so I know he has the potential, but his work in the Senate was a long time ago, and he's got a whole lot of people pulling him in extreme directions, so we'll see what happens. I worry about his age, his past brain aneurysms, but it is what it is and we'll all see how this begins to play out in less than two weeks. I'm hoping for the best even though he wasn't my first choice (and for the record neither was Trump though you can only choose amongst those on the ballot).

President elect Biden does NOT insult Trump voters. He will be President for all. He has not been complimentary toward Trump. Is that an issue for anyone of good will?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 8, 2021 16:10

Bellajane
Trump coming to his senses??!! He's desperate. He's trying to save his own arse and turned his back on his supporters. They're such ignorant fools. Do you think that maybe now they'll see that Trump is nothing more than a malignant narcissistic con artist?

Too right! He doesn't have any senses to come to and probably his supporters don't either, judging by those who were dumb enough to parade their identities for all to see, thanks to photos, work badges or whatever. I wonder if those sacked by their employers for taking part will still think it's all worth it when they realize that their President won't be stepping in to help them out. They are a classic example of you reap what you sow.

Date: January 8, 2021 16:12

Stoneage
There is a deeper question behind this: How can a person like Mr Trump be elected in the first place? Why do more than 74 million US citizens vote for him?
What can we conclude from that. Those are the real questions. Repeating over and over that Mr Trump is a bufoon doesn't lead anywhere.

I really haven't voted for a candidate I was excited about since Reagan. I usually hold my nose and vote against the one who I like least by choosing the other option.

Most of this comes down to federal taxes I think. The people that pay them (a shrinking minority) got them cut and want to keep them that way. The people that don't pay them (a growing majority) but benefit from them also want to keep it that way. All the free stuff promised is paid by someone. What's the saying..."if you think stuff's expensive now, wait 'til it's free" or something like that.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 8, 2021 16:18

Stoneage

there's only 2 parties. That's the problem.

2 Parties is the ONLY way somebody like Dumpy can get elected....who else are "Republicans" going to vote for?

most Americans vote for the candidate of their party....blindly

sure...some Republicans are Dumpy Lovers...but, most Republicans I know do not REALLY like him, but they like the Democrats less....

the Democrats do the same thing...and most Democrats I know do not like Hillary or Biden either (or John Kerry)....but they like the Republicans less.

it's a broken system that neither party wants to fix b/c it would undermine their power and/or access to filling their bloated bellies with Gov't Pork.

Why would 2 pigs ever want to share the trough w/ a 3rd Pig?

Answer: they don't...

the result? A string of progressively worse choices of candidates my entire voting life.....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 8, 2021 16:21

DandelionPowderman
Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
Please close it!

[iorr.org]

I see people are forcing you to open this thread.

Date: January 8, 2021 16:21

MileHigh
Stoneage

People can actually think in a way that is different from the way you want them to think. You are just going to have to accept that and deal with it. If you only realized how totalitarian you sound. It's downright creepy.

You make it sound like being anti-democracy is just another legitimate different point of view.

Many are ill-informed. They are lured into something they didn’t comprehend the consequences of, to answer Stoneage's question.

Date: January 8, 2021 16:23

steffialicia
President elect Biden does NOT insult Trump voters. He will be President for all. He has not been complimentary toward Trump. Is that an issue for anyone of good will?

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the first part of that statement, but I'm not at all suggesting he compliment Trump, just time to move forward, though I guess there is a "honeymoon" period for new presidents where they can blame their predecessor for everything but at some point they have to own it and I realize that's going to take some time to get there.

Date: January 8, 2021 16:34

stickyfingers101
Stoneage

there's only 2 parties. That's the problem.

2 Parties is the ONLY way somebody like Dumpy can get elected....who else are "Republicans" going to vote for?

most Americans vote for the candidate of their party....blindly

sure...some Republicans are Dumpy Lovers...but, most Republicans I know do not REALLY like him, but they like the Democrats less....

the Democrats do the same thing...and most Democrats I know do not like Hillary or Biden either (or John Kerry)....but they like the Republicans less.

it's a broken system that neither party wants to fix b/c it would undermine their power and/or access to filling their bloated bellies with Gov't Pork.

Why would 2 pigs ever want to share the trough w/ a 3rd Pig?

Answer: they don't...

the result? A string of progressively worse choices of candidates my entire voting life.....

I think that sums it up pretty well!

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 8, 2021 16:38

<Most of this comes down to federal taxes I think. The people that pay them (a shrinking minority) got them cut and want to keep them that way. The people that don't pay them (a growing majority) but benefit from them also want to keep it that way. All the free stuff promised is paid by someone. What's the saying..."if you think stuff's expensive now, wait 'til it's free" or something like that.>

Well said.

<sure...some Republicans are Dumpy Lovers...but, most Republicans I know do not REALLY like him, but they like the Democrats less....>

Also well said.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 8, 2021 16:39

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Dear BV!

Why this on IORR?
Please close it!

[iorr.org]

I see people are forcing you to open this thread.

A bit like the woman who stood on her chair in her house so she could see the man in the house opposite getting undressed and then called the police on him.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 8, 2021 16:48

Topi

That was actually filmed before DT's speech, but still.

Man that is creepy. Is that Kelly Anne Conway Next to DT?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-08 16:49 by ryanpow.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home