Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: OT: Pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol building
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:08

emotionalbarbecue
According to some sources there have been some irregularities in vote counting.

I do not know if this information is true.

If it were true USA has a very big problem in terms of legitimacy of their goverment. And Trump voters must be really rightly angry...

(I do not live in USA)

There has been no evidence this is true. If someone says it multiple times that doesn't make it true. Some people say the holocaust isn't true, does that make is false?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:13

I Think the entire government is self serving. We need Term Limits to clean up this huge mess.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:13

I think he was a great precedent, a precedent of what the US people should never do to themselves (or the rest of us) ever again...........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 18:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:21

MAF
FBI Seeking Information Related to Violent Activity at the U.S Capitol Building

Some of these criminals are easy to find. They posted a lot of stuff on the internet...

And many of them revelled in having their photos or selfies taken, perhaps not thinking of the possible consequences, though perhaps they don't care. Ashli Babbitt's husband hasn't appeared to show any remorse over the actions that led to her death and is probably unlikely to now that she's being held up as a martyr to the cause.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 18:22 by Beast.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:25

schillid
Trump has been blocked by Twitter and Facebook...

but this moron still has access to the codes???

They are not doing that to deplatform him, but to avoid any share of responsibility

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:30

Lots of adjectives to choose from to describe these events. The one that I'll go for is "embarrassing" ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:36

Crazy days...

Hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel and brighter days ahead.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:40

Hairball
Crazy days...

I think Covid has a lot to do, indirectly, with this craziness

Date: January 7, 2021 18:48

Chris Fountain
Hairball
Crazy days...

yes it does.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:49

MisterDDDD
Maindefender
There are always voter anomalies in presidential elections, not sure the percentage but it's always been tolerated. I really hope some sort of voter reform gets priority. While there wasn't evidence of fraud per se, there certainly was a manipulation of the rules that should never happen again. Politics is a dirty beast.

Due to the fast spreading pandemic, some voting rules were, understandably, changed during the election that's true.

The inciter in chief encouraged his supporters not to utilize mail in vote and then he lost. Overwhelmingly. Sixty + lawsuits and numerous recounts have proven there was no widespread fraud- definitively.

We have had close elections, this wasn't one.
Hundreds, not millions, of votes separated the candidates in 2000 and yet a peaceful transfer of power prevailed. This isn't an issue of a contested election, this is a coup attempt by those who won't accept their loss.

Can't wait for the upcoming trials on these traitors.

I can't wait for the NFL playoffs this weekend.....smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 7, 2021 18:56

Rocknroll1969
Trumps false election claims tried to disengage black voters. This is the audio from the phone call he made to the Georgia Secretary of State.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

I almost cannot believe my ears. The ship is sinking and the captain commands the crew to hoist the sails.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:56

Ironically as usual or always there's a silver lining in every situation. Maybe we have to endure hard and strange cruel times before we can reach happiness. This is really outrageous to see this happen when we're all suppose to be advanced and educated by this point in history. Who can say what at this point?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:59

Washington D.C. Mayor press conference right now:

So far 68 people arrested, of which just one - 1 - is from D.C.
FBI and DC Metropolitan Police Department publishing images, asking for identification of individuals.

Bjornulf

Date: January 7, 2021 19:01

Please do NOT post comments related to other incidents, political matters or excuses for why there might have been a riot yesterday. This thread is here for people to comment on the riot, nothing else. Any unrelated comments will be deleted.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:01

Maindefender
MisterDDDD
Maindefender
There are always voter anomalies in presidential elections, not sure the percentage but it's always been tolerated. I really hope some sort of voter reform gets priority. While there wasn't evidence of fraud per se, there certainly was a manipulation of the rules that should never happen again. Politics is a dirty beast.

Due to the fast spreading pandemic, some voting rules were, understandably, changed during the election that's true.

The inciter in chief encouraged his supporters not to utilize mail in vote and then he lost. Overwhelmingly. Sixty + lawsuits and numerous recounts have proven there was no widespread fraud- definitively.

We have had close elections, this wasn't one.
Hundreds, not millions, of votes separated the candidates in 2000 and yet a peaceful transfer of power prevailed. This isn't an issue of a contested election, this is a coup attempt by those who won't accept their loss.

Can't wait for the upcoming trials on these traitors.

I can't wait for the NFL playoffs this weekend.....smiling bouncing smiley

Go Browns!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:10

Chris Fountain
I Think the entire government is self serving. We need Term Limits to clean up this huge mess.

Didn't you say earlier that you don't pay attention to politics and don't vote?

First of all, if you don't vote in a democracy...you are part of the problem.

Second, term limits are not the solution. Term limits force good people out of office, eliminating experience and institutional memory and they end up installing novices, further increasing the influence of lobbyists and money.

Most people aren't even aware of the influence of ALEC in America today.
[www.alecexposed.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 19:55 by loog droog.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:12

Chris Fountain
Hairball
Crazy days...

Perhaps, but my post was solely directed at the chaotic events of yesterday as described in the topic of this thread..
Specifically - idiotic psychopaths and sh*thead lunatics storming the US Capitol....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:22

As one can see, Trump finally made America great again eye rolling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:25

Mind-boggling on all levels, and some people are trying to rationalize/explain it...

John King on CNN reminded us (and I'll paraphrase) that 20 years ago some brave people downed a plane to prevent it from being crashed on Washington with their famous "Let's Roll" and yesterday others desecrated the heart of US democracy...

What can you do ? How about trying to squeeze out a smile ? In case someone hasn't seen this, I thought this would "talk" to my fellow concert goers here ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 19:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:29

Bungo
This is all a direct result of what the Democrats have been doing to Trump and his administration for the last 4 years including overtly stealing a presidential election with the complicit approval of our media. Unfortunately none of this is going to simply die-down and go away. "President elect" Joe Biden and his family still have a lot of illegal activity to answer for and I highly doubt he will complete a 4 year term. The American people see through the false narrative and cover-up by our media.

BV, I would close this thread.

confused smileyRe: OT: Pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol building
Date: January 7, 2021 19:39

Bungo
What most people missed is maybe the most important and telling event in this entire election fiasco. A few weeks ago there was a congressional hearing and subsequent vote by the highest federal representatives in the land on whether or not there should be an official federal investigation of all of the reported abnormalities and questionable occurrences of the November election. It was broadcast live here in the U.S. This would have been the one simple thing that had a chance to get to the facts of the matter and put it all to rest. Democrats, saying such inane things as "we want to spare the American people" and "it would cost too much money" would not vote for the one thing that would clear them of wrong-doing and lift the cloud of illegitimacy from their candidate. Just think about that for a minute. That should tell you everything you need to know, right there.

Instead, here we are, bantering.
By now most of the evidence has probably been destroyed. The fact that John Kennedy stole the presidential election in 1961 was not made public knowledge until several decades later. The facts of this election will probably not be known for decades until some of the culprits confess to their children on their death beds.

Where do you get your info? confused smiley Was the moon landing fakes too? How about the holocaust?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 19:42 by daspyknows.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:42

TooTough
As one can see, Trump finally made America great again eye rolling smiley

Really, now we are associating looks to someone's character. Is that how you would automatically feel if you saw these three walking down any street? on a trail? at the grocery store? working at a hospital?

Date: January 7, 2021 19:45

Bastion
Bungo
This is all a direct result of what the Democrats have been doing to Trump and his administration for the last 4 years including overtly stealing a presidential election with the complicit approval of our media. Unfortunately none of this is going to simply die-down and go away. "President elect" Joe Biden and his family still have a lot of illegal activity to answer for and I highly doubt he will complete a 4 year term. The American people see through the false narrative and cover-up by our media.

Soon...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:47

How was this armed mob able to enter the building?
If this was a bunch of people shouting Allahu Akbar they would have been shot on the spot.

Nate

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:49

Chris Fountain

And a balanced budget amendment.

Date: January 7, 2021 19:50

I would definitely wonder about these guys in the picture if I saw them walking around. But what is that pass the guy on the right side is wearing?

Date: January 7, 2021 19:52

Bastion
Bungo

+1

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:52

"Street Fighting Man" is suddenly more appropriate than in 1968!

Sad situation. What has happened to my country?

Date: January 7, 2021 19:55

BV, I know you want to keep the peace here on IORR and it's admirable to say the least. Just want to thank you for letting us vent a little and point out it's a popular thread, for what it's worth. Now if The Stones could capture our attention I'd really like that.

Date: January 7, 2021 19:55

Nate
How was this armed mob able to enter the building?
If this was a bunch of people shouting Allahu Akbar they would have been shot on the spot.

Nate

They are not armed. They probably applied for Police Academy but got kicked out. Then they bought gas mask and a army uniform and viking helmets and plexiglass and made their own sort of equipment.

Guns and arms are illegal in D.C. public areas so they were mostly smashing windows, messing up democracy and the Capitol, trespassing, scaring normal people living in D.C., and making the entire world talk all day about what happened.

Most world leaders have today said their honest opinion about Donald Trump, and how he has been acting, especially after he lost the election. There is actually nothing else on the tv channels right now.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home