Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: OT: Pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol building
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 7, 2021 14:32

jbwelda
I hope the po-lice track down these thugs like they do with other, less light colored, individuals.

And that gal? No sympathy. None whatsoever. Hopefully she will be condemned for what she was: a terrorist who met the fate most true terrorists deserve.

Then there is the question of the instigator: is it treason or merely sedition? Either way a neck tie party is in order.

Something told me to stay home and clean the guns today.

jb

PS: feel free to remove if its too strong for your tastes. The world is watching.
Treason and he should be held accountable and removed under the 25th ammendment post haste period

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 7, 2021 14:35

Trump to the Secretary of State of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger: "I just want to find 11,780 votes.................

"You can't always get what you want........................smoking smiley

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 7, 2021 14:38

Watched the footage in disbelief, although all the signs were there leading up to this. When he couldn't win democratically, Trump stirred up civil unrest and this was a direct consequence. Incitement to Riot is a criminal offence in the UK and can result in a ten year prison sentence. There must surely be analogous legislation in the US.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 7, 2021 14:40

I have an idea. Why not split the country into divisions such as the NFL?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 14:43 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 7, 2021 14:46

jbwelda
>You voted him in. This is what you got.

Actually, no, he was not "voted...in", not at all. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by more than two million votes. That is one of the many deep ironies here: these clowns are now against the electoral college, but it is how they came into power to begin with.

Hypocrites and parasites, thieves, liars and criminals.

jb

However, by virtue of the rules of representation, Trump really was voted in. And in the 2020 election, even after his line towards the Covid19 disease,Trump obtained more than 74 million votes. The vital question is how those voters consider what happened yesterday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 14:47 by Witness.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 7, 2021 14:47

trump should be removed now or resign

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: January 7, 2021 14:50

Trump should be removed from office and tried for treason. They are talking about invoking the 25th Amendment (which should have been done long before now), but he only has 2 weeks left and I don't even know if it could be accomplished that quickly. Trump and COVID a perfect storm of Hell.

It made me sick seeing the MAGA maggots brandishing the Confederate flag in the Capitol. What a disgrace.

Date: January 7, 2021 14:55

This is not the first time that America has been divided. There has been the Civil War, California wanted to break up into several states... etc.

I wouldn't mind the Country broken up into different regions with sovereignty but still aligned such as the EU.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:07

schillid

yep...agreed 100%

However, so should the Mayor of DC and the Chief of Police

Trump caused this. Full stop.

However, it is the Mayor the CoP's responsibility to provide security in the city of DC....it is THEIR city....that is fact.

...they failed.

they had days/months/weeks knowing that a large (angry) crowd was descending on their city...AND they also had one of the most symbolically important gov't-events taking place.....

and they also knew that the mob was coming TO "disrupt/protest" THIS VERY EVENT....and they knew exactly where that event was taking place....

it couldn't have been more preventable....the logistics of what was needed "security-wise" could not have been more well laid-out in advance for the Mayor or CoP.

Simply put...they failed to provide adequate security. Quite obviously.

Trump incited a riot....100%....however, there should have been a very large, clear police-presence in front of the Capitol...50 cops w/ AR-15s and this riot never happens.

FYI...please don't turn my post into a "you are supporting Trump" BS....I am NOT....he deserves to be held accountable....I am simply spreading the blame around to those who ALSO deserve it....

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:08

TooTough
Stephen Colbert...sums it up:

Funny thing with this video. At mark 9:14-9:15, when those 'protesters' tried to broke the window you can clearly hear 'Smeleie, smeleie!'. In Russian it means 'Act bolder!' or 'Try harder!'. I believe some tourists from Russia came for an excursion with educational mission winking smiley.

Date: January 7, 2021 15:09

Very sad news. Let the music speak.

David Bowie This is not America.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:13

It's way past time for utilizing the the 25th Amendment on this so called President. The VP with the backing of cabinet members, should give him an ultimatum.. resign or face removal. Today.
We can't sit back and hope he doesn't incite worse, or excuse it because its almost over, we need to remove.

This was a planned (stand back and stand by) coup attempt, which is not hyperbole. He spurred them on, claiming he was even going to march with them to the Capitol, them retreated to his quarters to incite and praise them by tweet.

Meanwhile, the Capitol Police should be replaced by the National Guard to protect the Capitol, congress members and others until he's gone. On tape, they are seen opening gates, taking selfies, and helping the rioters.

Fortunately, the Democrats have now won all three factions of our government and these traitors will be held accountable. We will get through this, but we need to remove the inciter in chief, who has the nuclear codes, now.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:16

Witness
jbwelda

Actually, no, he was not "voted...in", not at all. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by more than two million votes. That is one of the many deep ironies here: these clowns are now against the electoral college, but it is how they came into power to begin with.

jb

However, by virtue of the rules of representation, Trump really was voted in. And in the 2020 election, even after his line towards the Covid19 disease,Trump obtained more than 74 million votes. The vital question is how those voters consider what happened yesterday.

it depends which Republicans you ask.

moderates are disgusted....but will still vote Republican
extremists are overjoyed....and will still vote Republican
all other Republicans....who knows? But they will still vote Republican

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:18

Chris Fountain

Tried that in the 1860's. Didn't work.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:21

I have many many thousand friends in USA. Great and close friends. Americans are warm, friendly and open, and of course great fanatic Stones fans. Many are democrats, many are republicans. We do not talk politics a lot, but sure I know their opinions and where they come from. I respect them all, whatever political background they have, as long as they respect me, for who I am.

Too bad US politics is made so that you have to put all your eggs in the very same basket, and that the basket is passed on to you for many different reasons. Living outside USA it has probably been easier to see how the madness just evolved over time. I hope what is broken will heal over time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:23

No politics? When the president of the USA (or any other country) calls upon idiots to "riot" (a too modest discription of what happened in Washington DC) because that president (who cheated the American tax system over and over again before given the ultimate job) can not accept his clear and unmistakeable defeat, it's even worse than politics, it is criminal politics.
I looked up the word TRUMP and it says: "surpass (something) by saying or doing something better". Another one (in card games) gives an example like" "why on earth did you trump my ace?". The other day I translated "I(you) trumped" as "I(you) f*cked up". BV thought it didn't suit the ongoing discussion. Well, in hinside, and taking the above examples in mind, he was right. Too much honour for the greatest jurk in American history (Even McCarthy, you remember him for sure, is small time compared with him).
Americans should be greatful to the people of Georgia! Their voting could give the USA a real chance to gain global respect again. I wish all realistic Americans a better future!

Date: January 7, 2021 15:25

There were for sure non-American Trump fans in the riots too. There was a guy with a PSG outfit (Paris Saint German football team) with a strong French accent.

Bjornulf

Date: January 7, 2021 15:26

Witness
jbwelda

jb

Everyone is condemning this. Doesn't matter who you voted for. For years conservatives criticized the violent destruction by various groups supported by the other side, to turn and do the same thing disgusts all but the most extreme which are very, very few and will never be satisfied.

Date: January 7, 2021 15:27

It was disgraceful to say the least.

Especially considering I live just 5 minutes away from where it all happened.

Date: January 7, 2021 15:37

Play With Fire...

The event that ended up with Trump fans storming the US Capitol building last night, had been promoted on Twitter all week by the US President.

The large crowd of 50,000 plus people, from all over USA, with no masks, no corona distance, on the very same day as the House were to declare the election results, was a ticking bomb about to explode.

Then the words from Trump speaking at 11am, just two hours before the House opening, just added fuel to the fire:

We have to fight much harder ...
We gonna walk down - and I will be there with you - to the Capitol ...
You never take back our country with weakness - you have to be strong ...
Our country - Our country - Our country have been under siege for a long time ...

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 15:39 by bv.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:40

stickyfingers101
schillid

yep...agreed 100%

However, so should the Mayor of DC and the Chief of Police

Trump caused this. Full stop.

However, it is the Mayor the CoP's responsibility to provide security in the city of DC....it is THEIR city....that is fact.

...they failed.

The Mayor or the Chief are not responsible for the Capitol.. on federal land.
That is on the Capitol Police, and the Feds- ie the DOJ, National Guard.
Another interesting aspect of policing in DC, as it is not a state, all serious crimes revert to federal jurisdiction.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:41

Lady Jayne
Beast
Can't help feeling sorry, for want of a better word, for all the decent Americans being tarred by the brush of the embarrassing and shameful abomination that is their President. I hope but doubt that Mike Pence has the guts to do what it takes to impeach him, in which case I hope that he's arrested at one minute past midnight on 21 January, though the rumour is that he's planning to be holed up at his Scottish golf course by then. One wonders why that might be... The charge sheet will be a long one but it could start with incitement to violence and complicity in the resulting deaths, which are charges that could be levelled at any average tin-pot dictator.

The First Minister of Scotland has made it very clear he will not be welcome there.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Indeed she has from the get-go, but as someone who believes he is unassailable, will he pay any heed? Either way, we definitely don't want the likes of him over here!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:42

Thank you to everyone for your sympathy. He should be removed. Today.

Date: January 7, 2021 15:42

bv
I have many many thousand friends in USA. Great and close friends. Americans are warm, friendly and open, and of course great fanatic Stones fans. Many are democrats, many are republicans. We do not talk politics a lot, but sure I know their opinions and where they come from. I respect them all, whatever political background they have, as long as they respect me, for who I am.

Too bad US politics is made so that you have to put all your eggs in the very same basket, and that the basket is passed on to you for many different reasons. Living outside USA it has probably been easier to see how the madness just evolved over time. I hope what is broken will heal over time.

I was somewhat surprised on a trip I took to India, through London where I spent some time, right after the 2016 election, which was shortly after the Brexit vote, how many people outside the US were openly discussing both topics, not emotionally but just curiously, which I thought was great, nobody was getting mad, just discussing. I certainly didn't bring it up, But it was somewhat surprising.

I remember quite a comical discussion with a London cab driver about both topics.

Which is how it should be as I think there's a lot of common ground, maybe 80%, which makes the differences then easier to find a rational solution to.

Date: January 7, 2021 15:43

kovach
Chris Fountain

Tried that in the 1860's. Didn't work.

It was not given a chance to work.

Date: January 7, 2021 15:45

I was driving south on the new jersey turnpike at around 8 o'clock in the morning... the day before yesterday when I was passed by a pickup truck zooming past at 90 m.p.h... with distracting flags blowing harnessed to the tailgate

Surely among the deplorable trump rioters headed to a motel-6 near Washington d.c.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:48

kovach
Witness
jbwelda

jb

Everyone is condemning this. Doesn't matter who you voted for. For years conservatives criticized the violent destruction by various groups supported by the other side, to turn and do the same thing disgusts all but the most extreme which are very, very few and will never be satisfied.

The question, however, is how many of Trump's more than 74 million voters will after this still remain under Trump's leadership, charismatic for quite many of them, and how many will cease to do so? Besides, what would be the conditions for them to act otherwise over time?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:48

This guy is simply a criminal.
He was,is and always will be an incredible shame.
He should be prisoned immediately !

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:49

"And as the fear grows,
you reap the harvest, you have sown..."

Date: January 7, 2021 16:14

Trump has been blocked by Twitter and Facebook...

but this moron still has access to the codes???

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home