Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O2 last night 2007, What a BANG!
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 17, 2021 01:39

OhYesMeAgain
I went to the third show. I remember there was quite a lot of controversy in the local London press for the three shows. Keith and I think Ronnie violated the London smoking ordinances by smoking onstage and it was on the front pages of the newspapers. If they smoked again onstage during the third show, they were going to be fined. Keith didn't smoke onstage during the third show. (But from the front row, I could see Keith smoking a lot back stage.) I guess the fine was supposed to be large. But, in an interview I think Mick said if the Stones got fined, they would pay the fine from the proceeds of a seat in the show.

It was a good show. Seeing the kids made the show unique. Soon after the show, Keith's book was published and all Hell broke loose!

Second show, August 23rd... Keith teased them, then laughed and tossed the ciggie. I’ve lost my original image but I’ve posted it before...if anyone has a proper sized one I’d love to get it back.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 17, 2021 05:51

SomeTorontoGirl
OhYesMeAgain
I went to the third show. I remember there was quite a lot of controversy in the local London press for the three shows. Keith and I think Ronnie violated the London smoking ordinances by smoking onstage and it was on the front pages of the newspapers. If they smoked again onstage during the third show, they were going to be fined. Keith didn't smoke onstage during the third show. (But from the front row, I could see Keith smoking a lot back stage.) I guess the fine was supposed to be large. But, in an interview I think Mick said if the Stones got fined, they would pay the fine from the proceeds of a seat in the show.

It was a good show. Seeing the kids made the show unique. Soon after the show, Keith's book was published and all Hell broke loose!

Second show, August 23rd... Keith teased them, then laughed and tossed the ciggie. I’ve lost my original image but I’ve posted it before...if anyone has a proper sized one I’d love to get it back.

The first night he did smoke on stage, which caused a predictable fuss. So the second night he came out on stage, lit up, and then immediately told us it was a fake cigarette and threw it away.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: January 17, 2021 14:18

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home