Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick's chateau
Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: January 2, 2021 16:15

Re: Mick's chateau
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 2, 2021 16:58

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste...." Of course, I wouldn't mind living there myself.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 3, 2021 10:14

That's where the cat dragged a dead rat into Keith's bed, that inspired an apologue of a song.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 5, 2021 16:55

Funny how both Mick and Keith have recreated a piece of England abroad : a nice large house surrounded by nature and a rather clement UK-like climate where they live.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 6, 2021 14:27

I don't know about that, Dcba. France has a better climate (warmer, less rain) than England. That's why so many Brits move there (or buy houses there). The England Sir Michael and Keith grew up in had nothing to do with castles and estates though. They are both war children with a pretty humble upbringing. Lower middle class. England was a poor nation decades after the war. Not like the USA.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 6, 2021 15:07

dcba
Funny how both Mick and Keith have recreated a piece of England abroad : a nice large house surrounded by nature and a rather clement UK-like climate where they live.

Well, this is an 18th century chateau in the Loire Valley in the traditional French Touraine province Mick bought back in 1980.

So much said, what do you mean by "Mick ... [has] recreated a piece of England abroad"?

Date: January 6, 2021 15:11

"The climate of the Loire Valley is an oceanic-continental climate, therefore rather cool and with average minimum winter temperatures close to zero".

Maybe dcba, being French, knows more about this? smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 6, 2021 15:16

Is dcba French? I didn't know that. I guess he knows what he's talking about then. I bow to that.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 6, 2021 15:46

I paid for a couple of rooms!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:13

Stoneage
I bow to that.

Don't I'm a Republican! (not in the American meaning though) grinning smiley
What I meant is - unlike the U2 guys - Mick didn't buy a mansion on the warmer and sunnier French Riviera. Hence my remark about choosing a location not unlike Sussex or Devonshire.
Same goes for Keith who could have opted for warm Florida instead of CT etc etc.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:54

dcba
Stoneage
I bow to that.

Don't I'm a Republican! (not in the American meaning though) grinning smiley
What I meant is - unlike the U2 guys - Mick didn't buy a mansion on the warmer and sunnier French Riviera. Hence my remark about choosing a location not unlike Sussex or Devonshire.
Same goes for Keith who could have opted for warm Florida instead of CT etc etc.

They always have Mystique and Turks and Caicos if the weather turns too British...

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 8, 2021 01:16

Mick when he was a teenager spent a summer vacations with his parents at Amboise. They stayed at the camping which is located on an island on the Loire River, in front of the Castle and not far from Le Clos Luce ,the place where Leonardo de Vinci live. Amboise is located 10 minutes drive from Poce-sur -Cisse. I believe Mick really enjoy the Loire Valley during that summer trip with his parents so he bought that place in 1982.
I used to live in Amboise from 1972 to 1976. It is a beautiful region.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 8, 2021 23:29

rollmops
Mick when he was a teenager spent a summer vacations with his parents at Amboise. They stayed at the camping which is located on an island on the Loire River, in front of the Castle and not far from Le Clos Luce ,the place where Leonardo de Vinci live. Amboise is located 10 minutes drive from Poce-sur -Cisse. I believe Mick really enjoy the Loire Valley during that summer trip with his parents so he bought that place in 1982.
I used to live in Amboise from 1972 to 1976. It is a beautiful region.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Very nice private details for Mick then!
Nice to read about, too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home