Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Is the Vault Empty?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 6, 2021 13:17

Big Al
GasLightStreet
Big Al
jbwelda
And is that footage (at the BBC archive) basically news footage, or is it actual pro shoot concert footage with decent stereo sound? I am betting the former, basically one or two B&W cameras with a couple of sound techs wandering around getting footage for news broadcast.

jb

Here’s the BBC footage.

[m.youtube.com]

Maybe that should stay locked up! Pretty bad! LOVE YOU LIVE and LA FRIDAY are plenty enough, don't ya think?

Wow. Street Fighting Man - think that's where Whip Comes Down came from? Was Knebworth's Jagger's worst ever (vocal) performance?

It isn’t a show that particular stands-out for reasons other than the venue. I like Ronnie’s soloing on Wild Horses, however. Oh, isn’t this the Stones’ lengthiest performance in terms of the number of songs performed?
It looks like Keith was not in the mood. Obvious technical problems(mics feeback). The stage was big and in 1976 the Stones , compare with later years stadium shows, had not perfected yet how to work that huge space. It is interesting to watch anyway.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 6, 2021 13:38

"Honolulu, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney" - these shows would be a great tour box set.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2021 16:37

Rockman
but Mick won’t release it because it reminds him of Bianca

That's not nice .... that's way below the belt ....

It's so... respectable.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 6, 2021 18:51

I’m hoping for Tempe’81 uncut. Great show! Of course Paris 76 should be coming sometime.

Date: January 6, 2021 22:17

I think that sometime down the road we will get a Let's Spend The Night Together deluxe addition with the full concerts from both the indoor and outdoor show.

exilestones
I’m hoping for Tempe’81 uncut. Great show! Of course Paris 76 should be coming sometime.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 7, 2021 01:37

Yes but Jags had this idea about special compilation remasters of special compilations and alternative takes as a greatest Hits package cause they don't do enough of those. Right on!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 7, 2021 08:59

GasLightStreet
Rockman
but Mick won’t release it because it reminds him of Bianca

That's not nice .... that's way below the belt ....

It's so... respectable.

You might say its a bitch, alright

jb

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:09

exilestones
I’m hoping for Tempe’81 uncut. Great show!

It exists in bootleg form (from the board!) and the terrible rendition of LIBleed will make you understand why Mick will never let a complete version go on the market... winking smiley

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:05

exilestones

Surely Paris can't be far away from being released? Tempe is probably my favourite show of the tour so yes please!

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:16

Totally agree. IMO Tempe is much better performancewise than the classic Hampton of the 18 december.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:26

Paul Kersey
exilestones

Surely Paris can't be far away from being released? Tempe is probably my favourite show of the tour so yes please!

Paris 76 is in the works. It just needs an agreement with Freddy Hauser's heirs.
They lost years in family conflicts, so hopefully this year we'll have an agreement and a release...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:38

Thats great news Doc! Thanks!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:42

Any chance for Europe 1970? Could something be in the works?

Date: January 8, 2021 04:28

dcba
exilestones

It exists in bootleg form (from the board!) and the terrible rendition of LIBleed will make you understand why Mick will never let a complete version go on the market... winking smiley

Wot!!??

Oh wow. That is awesomely bad! WOW!!!!!!!!!!

1:03:15

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 9, 2021 09:28

GasLightStreet
dcba
exilestones

Wot!!??

I don't see the problem with LIB, pure Stones rocking version...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 9, 2021 10:02

Doc
GasLightStreet
dcba
exilestones

Wot!!??

Jagger keeps singing the verse as the rest of the band goes into the bridge hehehehe
Release the show as it is or just cut out Let It Bleed then? Can't get too many official releases of 81-82!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 9, 2021 11:39

At this point I would really appreciate if they would release Paris 76 and then move on to Audio only releases because there's much more material. They should have multiple Shows of every tour professionally recorded. Why not release all of them? There are so many Artists who've done that. The Doors released all 4 NYC Felt Forum concerts with nearly identical setlists in a beautiful Box Set, Hendrix released recently all available material from the Band of Gypsys concerts. People still buy physical copies of such things...

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: January 10, 2021 08:39

I totally agree at 1000% and even more about the last comment of Hockenheim 95.

Dylan has released in a nice box something like 20 (or maybe even more) shows from his 1966 European Tour, some of them in soundboard, some of them in audience recordings.

He also released five shows from the rolling thunder review of 1975.

Mick should do the same : a big box for 72 73 would be a nice start !

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 10, 2021 10:26

hockenheim95
At this point I would really appreciate if they would release Paris 76 and then move on to Audio only releases because there's much more material. They should have multiple Shows of every tour professionally recorded. Why not release all of them? There are so many Artists who've done that. The Doors released all 4 NYC Felt Forum concerts with nearly identical setlists in a beautiful Box Set, Hendrix released recently all available material from the Band of Gypsys concerts. People still buy physical copies of such things...

I also agree! Think about for instance an official box of the '73 Australian tour! Missed out on the boot box when it was released so that would be like a gift from heaven.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 10, 2021 11:28

Doc

Allons allons docteur... grinning smiley
Can you imagine Mick's distress? He's in front of 80000 or so people, the show is being filmed with 25 35mm big cameras and planned for a worldwide release, he's already sung LIB 30 times on the tour so it should be a breeze, and... he flubs the words!!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: January 10, 2021 12:46

MadMax
Jagger keeps singing the verse as the rest of the band goes into the bridge hehehehe
Release the show as it is or just cut out Let It Bleed then? Can't get too many official releases of 81-82!

The messed up bridge could be easily edited out.

Date: January 10, 2021 13:06

The more time goes by the less the potential business is. In the long run there will not be any interest in working on this issue. Sad.

Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: January 10, 2021 13:32

MadMax
Doc
GasLightStreet
dcba
exilestones

Wot!!??

this is hilarous!! honestly I don't really mind it's just funny to think that somehow Mick could not get out of that loop.

Date: January 10, 2021 19:06

MadMax
Doc
GasLightStreet
dcba
exilestones

Wot!!??

Jagger keeps singing the chorus while the band is playing the verse.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 11, 2021 12:12

Almost as bad as the trainwreck that is She's So Cold from London in 1982 smiling smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 12, 2021 20:27

Did anyone mention Toronto’89?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 12, 2021 22:58

It’s really ridiculous that there is no great audio or video from the 1972 American tour.Not going to say that it was the Stones peak, but it was an incredible tour,Truman Capote and Princess Radvill not withstanding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-12 23:06 by Taylor1.

Date: January 12, 2021 23:44

Taylor1
It’s really ridiculous that there is no great audio or video from the 1972 American tour.

I would chalk that up to whoever decided that they needed a handful of spotlights, not all on until the end of the show. The last time I tried watching Ladies & Gentlemen... I fell asleep due to how dim the screen was the entire time.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: January 13, 2021 00:25

Paris 1976.

Dvd/bluray of all of their music videos they ever did.

I bet theres a few shows from 1994-2019 they filmed good enough for a release.

Four Flicks and Biggest Bang uncut.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 13, 2021 00:56

>they needed a handful of spotlights, not all on until the end of the show.

Thats how it was in those days and how we, the audience, liked it. That was the problem with shows they (not necessarily the Stones) filmed, there was too much direct and ambient light and it seriously cramped our ability to reach the highest heights out in the pits. Especially real "pro" filming where things are reshot because of problems, and the audience is treated to a "fluffer" to keep it lively when rightly they are starting to snooze at the snails pace. Been to a couple of those too.

jb

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home