Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Is the Vault Empty?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 31, 2020 20:52

We were able to get Atlantic City '89, and the GHS Reissue this year. Is that about it for the Glory Years, 1990 and before? It always seems there has to be something from the '76 tour, but there's never any word on it. I think there were two or three concerts that were filmed?

And we haven't received one shred of bonus audio material from ABKCO. I'm assuming there's some kind of pipeline problem there. I have my bootleg 'Black Box' with tons of unreleased material from the 60s, but it would be nice to have an official release. Also the promo films released with studio soundtracks would be great.

Any ideas on what could still be out there? We've been blessed with so much over the past decade, but it feels we're getting near the end of vintage material.

Re: Is the Vault Empty?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 31, 2020 21:23

well, they have just some 3,5 hours left to release unreleased stuff from 1970 before it becomes public domain.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 31, 2020 22:04

All four Paris'76 shows were filmed - although the TV broadcasts only used the last two nights.

Knebworth was at least partially filmed (under an hour) - but by the BBC for raw news footage. There may be issues with the rights for that one, and if the Stones didnt film the whole thing (although they may have done), is there much point releasing it?

I'd imagine the only professionally filmed material pre-1981 would be concerts filmed specifically for television or movies, eg the four shows in Texas in June '72 shot for L&G. Doubt we'll ever see those in full.

I just think there's very little that predates the home video age (early 80s). Artists just wouldnt have had the foresight to see an era where their material would have been commercially popular decades later in affordable formats yet to be invented.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-31 22:05 by Gazza.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 31, 2020 22:09

Would love a remixed ,enhanced Ladies and Gentlemen,Any video or film of a complete showofthe 1972 tour, 1967 Europe tour ,the complete LondonRoundhouse1971,and any video of a complete 1975 show other than Los Angeles

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: December 31, 2020 23:37

They do have a full Knebworth in their vault.
They also have a full New Orleans 1978 (but Fort Worth was preferred for the 2011 release).

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: January 1, 2021 01:24

If they don't release individual Four Flicks (namely the Olympia show!) albums and a Tattoo You reissue soon, I'mma burn my internet downloads onto CD and the Stones will not get any of my hardly earned money!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 1, 2021 01:28

24FPS
We were able to get Atlantic City '89, and the GHS Reissue this year. Is that about it for the Glory Years, 1990 and before? It always seems there has to be something from the '76 tour, but there's never any word on it. I think there were two or three concerts that were filmed?

And we haven't received one shred of bonus audio material from ABKCO. I'm assuming there's some kind of pipeline problem there. I have my bootleg 'Black Box' with tons of unreleased material from the 60s, but it would be nice to have an official release. Also the promo films released with studio soundtracks would be great.

Any ideas on what could still be out there? We've been blessed with so much over the past decade, but it feels we're getting near the end of vintage material.

In some threads there has been talk about how there has to be an agreement between the Stones and ABKCO about anything new ie previously unreleased, which, wild guess, would only benefit ABKCO with what little money would be made.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 1, 2021 03:11

Some of the filmed footage that’s off the beaten path would be nice. Double Door’97 is widely circulated for years, but RPM Club 1994 is filmed as well, and it was never shown in full. Same goes for the Phoenix Club from 2005. Only a few songs were released with footage. It’s be nice to get the whole Light The Fuse show. They’re playing great on it, there’s quite a few surprises and it’s of historic significance as it’s the first show on their last world tour.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 1, 2021 05:03

GasLightStreet
24FPS

In some threads there has been talk about how there has to be an agreement between the Stones and ABKCO about anything new ie previously unreleased, which, wild guess, would only benefit ABKCO with what little money would be made.

I think sometimes they just do stuff to keep their names out there. They're always thinking of a product.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 1, 2021 08:14

GasLightStreet
24FPS

After the Abkco dump last year, I felt really annoyed and teased listening to the MSG 69 mono live concert material that were released with a low bit rate (meaning poor quality and/or compressed sound), and with the added annoying loud tone through all the songs that made them initially unlistenable, that I sent them (Jody Klein) the following
e-mail:

I am a long time Rolling Stones fan. On 12/31/19-1/1/20 Abkco posted several Rolling Stones studio and live (a lot of it bootleg material) on U Tube and then took it down.

As a fan of the ’69 tour, In particular, were the great recordings from Madison Square Garden from 11/27 & 11/28 that were most likely utilized for Get Yer Ya Yas Out. Rather than continue to tease us, when can we as fans expect to see some decent material (in good quality) from the vaults (including a complete box set of all the live material from MSG 69)?

Let’s not forget, that this year marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Get Yer Ya Yas Out. It would be nice to have a boxed set of all the MSG recordings in one package. Please make it happen.

Please keep in mind that the majority of Stones fans are older and once we pass, there will be no cash cow to take advantage of. I would love a response from Abkco to try to help us fans make sense of this stuff.

Thank you,
Scott Sigel.

In July 2020, I got this concise response:

Dear Scott,

For all reissues, ABKCO works with the artist, producer, and/or estate to maintain the artistic integrity of the original release. If and/or when additional content is to be included, the decision is dependent on this collaboration.

Please check our website and socials for the latest updates on our releases:
www.abkco.com
www.facebook.com/abkco
www.twitter.com/abkco
www.instagram.com/abkco

Best,
Amy Bancroft

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-01 13:17 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 1, 2021 14:38

Is El Mocambo the holy grail of the vault?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 1, 2021 16:00

They also have a full New Orleans 1978 (but Fort Worth was preferred for the 2011 release).

Fort Worth was filmed for a 1978 concert movie (a la 'Ladies and Gentlemen') that ended up being scrapped.It was always an obvious contender for an archives release.

New Orleans - well, the version that circulates anyway - is merely a two-camera shot. Its unreleasable. Even if they've filmed it professionally, the two shows are 8 days apart.

There would be no point commercially in putting that out.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 1, 2021 16:04

They already informed in the press release a few years ago that there will be re-release of Four Flicks. So sit down, relax and wait.

Date: January 1, 2021 16:57

Hi 999, how do you know they have the FULL Knebworth concert and does it come from the video shoot for the large screen(s)used at the event?

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: January 1, 2021 17:22

ironbelly
They already informed in the press release a few years ago that there will be re-release of Four Flicks. So sit down, relax and wait.

Just a blu ray version of the already released concert or concerts that haven't been released before?

Date: January 1, 2021 17:40

IsakSun
ironbelly

Just a blu ray version of the already released concert or concerts that haven't been released before?

Probably with excerpts from the latter.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 1, 2021 17:53

IsakSun
ironbelly

As part of the agreement, Eagle Rock will also re-issue several classic concert films from their archives including: Atlanta (1989); Steel Wheels (1989-90); Voodoo Lounge (1994); Bridges to Babylon (1997-1998); Four Flicks (2002) and Bigger Bang (2005-2006).
[www.universalmusic.com]

Date: January 1, 2021 18:16

I think we'l get some things like "Let's Spend The Night Together" expanded with some additional cuts or maybe a deluxe bluray with both complete concerts.
Also "At the Max" is due for a reissue sometime.

We may also get some of the broadcasts from 1981, 1989 and 1994 which shouldn't require much work to release. Many of the broadcasts are already circulating as bootlegs.

Certainly we'll get a Love You Live remaster soon. Probably with a video release of the Paris show/shows which are already circulating as bootlegs.

There is still plenty of leftovers from the Some Girls & Emotional Rescue era which they can release.

I think we'll get a Black & Blue remaster as well. Hopefully with a few tracks that are on widely circulated bootlegs.

We can only hope for the full El Mocambo concerts!

Date: January 1, 2021 18:46

It makes sense that SOME GIRLS and STICKY FINGERS were reissued with extras - both LPs had huge singles. Although Tumbling Dice is a well known song, EXILE is mostly known for its reputation, not hit singles. GOATS HEAD SOUP had Angie. There are only two albums left with significant singles on them and since one of them is made up of 100% leftovers, it would be a big laugh if that got a deluxe reissue.

TV interviewer interviewing Stones concert attendee: Name a song from EXILE ON MAIN STREET.

Stones concert attendee: HOT ROCKS!

Live things... ATLANTIC CITY was great, it's great that that came out. FOUR FLICKS and BIGGEST BANG, strange choices since they aren't that old and there's probably not any demand for them - I remember seeing BIGGEST BANG for $10 or whatever it was and it wasn't selling.

An obvious one would be VIDEO REWIND. Why they haven't reissued that is criminal.

LSTNT would be hilarious. That would make four live releases from the 1981-82 tours all applicable to now, having everything in a workable format, not laser disc etc.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: January 1, 2021 19:00

Maybe they mean the Licks tour and A bigger bang tour and not those specific dvd-boxes?
Dublin 2007 would be nice, and I think it was professionally filmed for future dvd release.

Date: January 1, 2021 19:17

IsakSun
Maybe they mean the Licks tour and A bigger bang tour and not those specific dvd-boxes?
Dublin 2007 would be nice, and I think it was professionally filmed for future dvd release.

FOUR FLICKS is the box set, BANG is the box set. Whoever wrote that info for UMe etc wasn't exactly on the planet that day.

Date: January 1, 2021 19:24

georgemcdonnell314
I think we'l get some things like "Let's Spend The Night Together" expanded with some additional cuts or maybe a deluxe bluray with both complete concerts.
Also "At the Max" is due for a reissue sometime.

We may also get some of the broadcasts from 1981, 1989 and 1994 which shouldn't require much work to release. Many of the broadcasts are already circulating as bootlegs.

Certainly we'll get a Love You Live remaster soon. Probably with a video release of the Paris show/shows which are already circulating as bootlegs.

There is still plenty of leftovers from the Some Girls & Emotional Rescue era which they can release.

I think we'll get a Black & Blue remaster as well. Hopefully with a few tracks that are on widely circulated bootlegs.

We can only hope for the full El Mocambo concerts!

None of these (with the possible exception of Live At The Max) where mentioned in the Universal press release.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 1, 2021 19:25

It’s a shame none of the July 1972 Madison Square Garden shows were filmed in their entirety.Of course Duck Cavett show filmed the July 25 early concert for his tv show. The best show of that tour IMO was the July 25 evening show.Maybe Dick Cavett has a complete show in his vaults.He used to be friends with Mick and he is still alive.The Stones were never better than on their 1972 tour.It also had great performances by Stevie Wonder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-01 19:27 by Taylor1.

Date: January 1, 2021 20:35

Gazza

Fort Worth was filmed for a 1978 concert movie (a la 'Ladies and Gentlemen') that ended up being scrapped.It was always an obvious contender for an archives release.

You mean the 'Some Girls Live in Texas '78' from Fort Worth that was released on Blu Ray that I've had since 2011?

Date: January 1, 2021 21:21

24FPS
Gazza

You mean the 'Some Girls Live in Texas '78' from Fort Worth that was released on Blu Ray that I've had since 2011?

The next day they played in Houston that was recorded and possibly filmed but nothing has come of that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-02 01:58 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: January 1, 2021 21:49

The answer to your question is: no.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: January 1, 2021 22:18

I could not care less about video but I'd like to hear some official releases from;

Europe 1970
El Mocambo 1977
January/February 1973
Europe 1976

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: January 1, 2021 23:22

SonofHarlemShuffler

Hi 999, how do you know they have the FULL Knebworth concert and does it come from the video shoot for the large screen(s)used at the event?

Videojames confirmed it here years ago:
[iorr.org]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 2, 2021 04:49

Well I would hold my breath for audio of both complete El Mocambo shows, and would probably have a heart attack if they were accompanied by video of those sets or even a compilation from them.

Rest of it is pretty expendable if you ask me. Oh, Video Rewind, that would be great to have on digital disk if some sort.

I have FOUR FLICKS but I believe I never bothered to watch it or at least not all of it. Is there any particularly good stuff on there or is it the typical for the periods set performed in a mailed in fashion?

jb

Date: January 2, 2021 05:34

jbwelda
Well I would hold my breath for audio of both complete El Mocambo shows, and would probably have a heart attack if they were accompanied by video of those sets or even a compilation from them.

Rest of it is pretty expendable if you ask me. Oh, Video Rewind, that would be great to have on digital disk if some sort.

I have FOUR FLICKS but I believe I never bothered to watch it or at least not all of it. Is there any particularly good stuff on there or is it the typical for the periods set performed in a mailed in fashion?

jb

I found FOUR FLICKS to be excellent. A really awesome overall presentation of everything. There's also some good music performances in it.

THE BIGGEST BANG is awful, on the other hand. Whoever was in charge did an extremely poor imitation of FOUR FLICKS.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home