Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi-OT: Records once owned by Rock Stars
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 31, 2020 19:00

Found this article on the Bob Dylan Expecting Rain site about a guy collecting records once owned by rock stars...including Bill!

[recordmecca.com]

Re: Semi-OT: Records once owned by Rock Stars
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 1, 2021 00:29

Yeah Bill was offing a lot of records in his auctions last Sept, asking prices I wish I could get but even so some were pretty reasonable, and some pretty rare. I had my eye on a couple of lots but they went over my limit pretty fast.

jb

Re: Semi-OT: Records once owned by Rock Stars
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 1, 2021 11:51

I’ve got Ann Wilson of Heart’s childhood copy of The Beach Boys “Surfer Girl” LP.

I’ve got a vintage record store in Seattle. One of my old employees, Matt, was selling me a pile of his records. I came across The Beach Boys record and noticed that “ANN WILSON” was printed out in block letters on the front cover. Matt told me that Ann Wilson’s childhood friend, songwriting partner, and Lovemongers band mate Sue Ennis had given a bunch of records to a house he used to live in. There was some masking tape along the top seam. When I removed it, Ann Wilson’s name was printed in cursive script underneath the tape at the top of the back cover. I matched that signature to other confirmed ones. I am 100% sure of it’s authenticity. I hope to meet her someday and return it to her, a piece of her childhood. I’ve wondered if she used to imagine the Wilson brothers as her imaginary uncles and dream of becoming a pop star?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home