Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Patti Smith's New Year's Eve performance to be streamed on YouTube
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 31, 2020 14:43

I know how I'll be seeing in what will hopefully be a better 2021 for humanity and the world.

God bless Patti and a happy and healthy 2021 to all!

[www.dazeddigital.com]

How to stream Patti Smith’s New Year’s Eve performance

The punk legend will perform a 15-minute gig and a new poem for Greta Thunberg, alongside artist Anne Imhof, which you can stream via YouTube
Update: Following advice from the Metropolitan Police and the evolution of Covid-19 restrictions in London, the Circa New Year’s Eve virtual presentation by Anne Imhof and Patti Smith will no longer be screened in Piccadilly Circus. The health and safety of our audience is our first priority. As planned, the work will still be broadcast online for viewers to watch at home in London and all over the world via the Circa website and official Circa YouTube channel between 23:45 - 00:15 GMT.

Earlier this year, the digital art platform Circa launched its first exhibition on the giant electronic billboard in London’s Piccadilly Circus. Promising to commission a new artist every month, the project kicked off with Ai Weiwei, who offered an hour-long film – cut into 2-minute chunks between the screen’s usual adverts – that examined our turbulent times.

The next phase of the project (AKA “c.20:21”) will see the Piccadilly Circus screen host a project by punk icon Patti Smith at 8:21pm, every night for the month of January. First though, Smith is set to stage a 15-minute performance, to celebrate the end of 2020. Beginning at midnight on December 31, the show will mark the end of the year, and the beginning of her residency. In keeping with government guidelines, you can watch it all from the safety of your own home, on YouTube.

Besides performing with her band, the musician is set to pay tribute to NHS and healthcare workers, and recite a new poem for teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg. Smith previously dedicated a poem to Thunberg at the beginning of the year, on her 17th birthday.

In the run-up to Patti Smith’s performance, Circa will also broadcast a commission, One, from the German artist Anne Imhof. The montage was filmed during Imhof’s takeover of Tate Modern’s Tanks, with an installation titled Sex, in 2019.

“It is an honour to show my piece ONE on the iconic screens of Piccadilly Circus leading up to midnight on New Years Eve,” says Imhof, as reported by Artlyst. “The opportunity to take over Europe’s largest advertising display and open a portal to hope in the final moments of 2020 is humbling. Peace, freedom and respect for everyone in 2021.”

Patti Smith’s performance and Imhof’s One will also be available to watch via Circa’s YouTube channel (below) from 11:45pm, December 31

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-31 14:46 by Beast.

Re: OT: Patti Smith's New Year's Eve performance to be streamed on YouTube
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 31, 2020 22:56

Love Patti, and this will be a great warm-up to me as I'm 3 hours behind London time. Thanks for sharing, Beast!

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 31, 2020 23:45

I had been thinking of going to Picadilly Circus to watch it, but honestly I’m OK with it being called off. It’s COLD out there! Now we’ll see if I can stay awake long enough to watch it online. smiling smiley

Re: OT: New Year's Eve performance to be streamed on YouTube
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 1, 2021 00:21

Slightly OT - if someone is interested in Electronic Music there's also a New Year's Eve performance by Jean-Michel Jarre (Paris, Notre Dame virtually):

[www.YouTube.com]

smileys with beerRe: OT: Patti Smith's New Year's Eve performance to be streamed on YouTube
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 1, 2021 02:30

Thank you, Patti Smith - so heart-warming and with a message of hope. Very touching to see those NHS workers, including one from my local hospital only five minutes' walk from my house, and many of them strikingly young, too. I hope the performance can be replayed, as I want to rewatch it for sure.

Hope it was a good warm-up into 2021 for you, Cristiano, and yes indeed ChrisL, it would have been amazing to see that on the Picadilly Circus screen but oh soooooo &*£$*@% COLD!! Wishing you both a very happy and healthy 2021! smileys with beer

Re: smileys with beerRe: OT: Patti Smith's New Year's Eve performance to be streamed on YouTube
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 1, 2021 03:31

Beast
Thank you, Patti Smith - so heart-warming and with a message of hope. Very touching to see those NHS workers, including one from my local hospital only five minutes' walk from my house, and many of them strikingly young, too. I hope the performance can be replayed, as I want to rewatch it for sure.

Hope it was a good warm-up into 2021 for you, Cristiano, and yes indeed ChrisL, it would have been amazing to see that on the Picadilly Circus screen but oh soooooo &*£$*@% COLD!! Wishing you both a very happy and healthy 2021! smileys with beer

That was very touching indeed. It was a very emotional warm-up and with an uplifting message from Patti.

Thank you for the New Year wishes, Beast! Here's to a healthy and very happy 2021 to everybody! smileys with beer

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 1, 2021 16:49

Download avaliable
[iorr.org]

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: January 1, 2021 20:16

Patti always performs straight from her soul and this is no exception. Very moving and heartfelt!

I read somewhere that she's also doing a special performance on January 20th.

May 2021 spread peace, health & happiness to all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2119
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home