Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT ? - Food Related topics
Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: December 31, 2020 10:29

Our leader has ended a light hearted thread relating to Pringles on the basis that food related topics are not relevant here.

Would it be different if Pringles sponsored the next Stones tour? And does this mean that there will be no further discussion of the Rice Crispies ad here?

BTW I agree with everything loog droog said- I can't speak for the US but his remarks are just as relevant to UK. No wonder the high street is dead on it's ass.

Re: OT ? - Food Related topics
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 31, 2020 10:43

..... I'm gonna starve and
stick with second side of Aftermath ..... 505'll keep ya alive

ROCKMAN

Date: December 31, 2020 10:44

...then ya rolled by High & Dry .... phew....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 31, 2020 11:01

I don't agree with BV's closure of the thread, but, it's his site. I suppose some solid clarification on what can and cannot be discussed is necessary. Obviously, religion and politics are not allowed, yet, so are many other topics it seems. As long as closures aren't on a whim.

Date: December 31, 2020 11:03

There are 10 OT-threads on page 1 now, that might be why. I don't know...

Date: December 31, 2020 11:10

Dont cry hungry ....
others have nothing but we's still got the core .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 31, 2020 11:25

DandelionPowderman
There are 10 OT-threads on page 1 now, that might be why. I don't know...

Probably. Personally, I find discussing Pringles more interesting than ice hockey. Neither are music-related, so I don't quite see why one is okay and the other isn't.

Date: December 31, 2020 12:21

....if ya dunno how ta do it
I'll show ya how ta Walk The Dog ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 31, 2020 13:25

I just ate a horse meat pie.
coincidence.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 31, 2020 14:06

I pay to keeping IORR running, so naturally I may be a little bit of a dictator when it comes to off topic posts.

Some times there are up to 50% Off Topic (OT) posts on the first page of IORR. Then I need to keep the numbers of OT threads down, like my father, gardener, had to remove wild weed from the rows of carrots, cauliflower, strawberries etc. I may ignore a country music thread or a Garth Brooks tread or a Beatles or even a thread about chess (boring, even if Magnus Carlsen lives in Norway). Still, food reporting has no place on IORR. It is just noise, boring, so booooring!

Hot dogs, fine dining, wines, pizza, making a dinner, all of that, I watch TV and some times there might be ten different channels running programs about how to cook the Christmas meal, or how to make pasta. Just buy a book, or attend a course. When I left high school, at 18, I did actually take the complete education of becoming a chef, with the entire French Cuisine recipes, wines, that was long time before I went to the university, to do my mathematics, physics and computer science master. I do appreciate a great exclusive meal, also an excellent pizza funghi fresca, in fact, I am very picky vs food, but it has no place on IORR.

Keith Richards is officially supporting my opinion on food. At a show in Florida he got raving mad at fans who were front row eating, shouting out a request. Keith said "This is no f***ing fast food restaurant!!!" Then he later on gave them a glass of water, short temper, like me, but forgiving, soon after.

If the food is very, very Stones related, then you may post about it here, but most of the time, food is something you eat, you don't post about it on IORR.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: December 31, 2020 15:24

What about wine recomendations ?? As a wine lover will be great to have recomendations and or opinions about the wines people in this forum like.

Bye
Fernando

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home