Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. English Premier League are not just one team who could win.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 30, 2020 00:52

After seeing that Man.Utd. got a last minute goal from Marcos Rashford against Wolves tonight, it's any team that are good enough.

My team's for this season are Liverpool.Man.Utd. Wolves and Spurs.

They are all playing great football..............in most of their game's ,and I really do hope the league will have a Champion at the end of the season........... dependent on Corona Virus. smileys with beer

Re: O.T. English Premier League are not just one team who could win.
Date: January 2, 2021 00:42

Manchester United had a great win tonight against Aston Villa
and are on the same points as Liverpool on top of English Premier League.

Games being played in the next few days, but Man. Utd. are still gonna be in top two of Premier League.

Come on Man.Utd. ...............come on Liverpool. thumbs up

Date: January 2, 2021 15:43

crawdaddy
Manchester United had a great win tonight against Aston Villa
and are on the same points as Liverpool on top of English Premier League.

Games being played in the next few days, but Man. Utd. are still gonna be in top two of Premier League.

Come on Man.Utd. ...............come on Liverpool. thumbs up

Is it really possible to root for both of those teams, Tony? winking smiley

The world is changing, obviously, hehe. My mum lived in Liverpool and I got my Keegan-jersey when I was three years old. When that is said, I started to keep an eye on Man United when Solskjær became their manager smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 2, 2021 16:07

Get in! winking smiley

Date: January 3, 2021 00:52

My team's change from one season to the next DP.

It is the Manager who gets my favour this season as well as the team.

I have got so much respect for Ole,and Jürgen at Man. Utd. and Liverpool, and when they get the team right on the day ,they are wonderful to watch.

Spurs are also a favourite of mine and love the great combination of Son and Harry Kane playing so well. smileys with beer

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 3, 2021 11:37

As Mr Kranke has destroyed my club (Arsenal) I just follow the footy becuase of the betting, but I would love to see for instance Sean Dyche at Burnley lifting the P.L trophy.

As long as man ure, scum or chelski doesn't win it I am happy. My pragmatic hope is that Man City will win it this year but it looks bleak. Even Everton or Southampton would be appreciated. Wolves would be lovely, Molineux is such a beautiful stadium. Their draw last night won me some wonga.

Date: January 3, 2021 11:42

MadMax
As Mr Kranke has destroyed my club (Arsenal) I just follow the footy becuase of the betting, but I would love to see for instance Sean Dyche at Burnley lifting the P.L trophy.

As long as man ure, scum or chelski doesn't win it I am happy. My pragmatic hope is that Man City will win it this year but it looks bleak. Even Everton or Southampton would be appreciated. Wolves would be lovely, Molineux is such a beautiful stadium. Their draw last night won me some wonga.

You seem to be on a winning streak now, though, but it took time smiling smiley

Date: January 3, 2021 12:22

DandelionPowderman
MadMax

You seem to be on a winning streak now, though, but it took time smiling smiley

Yeah, last night I thought Big Sam would crush us. Quite impressed! Lacazette reminded me of good ol' Wrighty back in the 90's.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 3, 2021 17:10

Arsenal appears to have waken up. Any (theoretical) change that they become champion?
I go for Liverpool, because I lived there for a short while long ago and friends from university took me to their matches (nothing against Everton though ...) in spectecular Anfield! Just for the record ... I love British "no nonsence" soccercool smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 3, 2021 17:26

There’s about as much chance of Arsenal becoming champions of the premier league as there is of the stones announcing a tour next week.

Nate

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 3, 2021 17:37

Reminds me of the Arsenal fan on "The Fast Show"! winking smiley

Date: January 4, 2021 00:49

Seen the results from the two Premier League games today and Leicester City and Man. City have both had wins.
Three Points each and both contenders ,as well as Liverpool,Man. Utd. Spurs and a few more teams as well.

Watching the goals and highlights now on BBC and great football in the games this weekend.

Come on Liverpool. You can win Monday night against Southampton and still be top of the Premier League. smileys with beer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 4, 2021 05:13

Nate
There’s about as much chance of Arsenal becoming champions of the premier league as there is of the stones announcing a tour next week.

Nate

I remember predicting to a mate in 1998 that Arsenal would win the double that year. At the time they were 12 points behind Man Utd......They did it even to my amazement.

I'm not going to be so bold today even though they are 'only' 10 points behind Liverpool & Man U......smoking smiley ....although, it might be worth a tenner.............spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 5, 2021 00:45

I have seen all the latest news on how England,Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland are handling this crisis and we all know it's up to us to get it right.

Seen that Southampton have got a 1-0 win against Liverpool in Premier League.......so anything these days is possible.

Premier League Champions at the end of this season could be any team in the top half of the League at the moment. smileys with beer

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 5, 2021 10:35

Nate

Nate

You have a point there grinning smiley
So the title is likely to go to the North of England cool smiley and ... the Stones will rule again in 2022 smileys with beer

Date: January 7, 2021 00:14

Manchester United 0 Manchester City 2 was the result tonight of semi final of EFL Cup and fourth semi final in competitions Man.Utd. have lost in a row.

I know it's not as important as winning Premier League,but City have got one over United with this game tonight.

Date: January 8, 2021 12:48

EddieByword
Nate

Nate

I remember predicting to a mate in 1998 that Arsenal would win the double that year. At the time they were 12 points behind Man Utd......They did it even to my amazement.

I'm not going to be so bold today even though they are 'only' 10 points behind Liverpool & Man U......smoking smiley ....although, it might be worth a tenner.............spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I did the same with about 10 lads from my football team. I betted around 10£ that Arsenal would win the league and they all went against me. The same thing I did with Holyfield beating Tyson two years before. But I moved to Switzerland before I could collect my winnings. Bugger. Lotsa wonga thereeye rolling smiley

Date: January 13, 2021 00:43

I am so glad that Man.Utd. have got to the top of English Premier League for first time since 2017 season I believe.

May be only for a few days but all depends how the results from other teams go.

Well done to the team and the manager, for getting where they are now.smileys with beer

Date: January 22, 2021 02:11

Who would have thought that Liverpool would get beaten at Anfield by Burnley.

First time in 68 Premier League games at home since losing.

Man United and Man City are the top two teams in the Premier League as well as a few more contenders for the title, but still many games to go.

Just seen that Real Madrid got beaten in Copa del Rey by a lower division side,

I still have Man United as my team to win Premier League, but could be one of about half a dozen maybe.smileys with beer

Date: February 3, 2021 00:30

Great win for Man United beating Southampton 9-0 tonight and so glad for them,but Southampton I do feel sorry for.

They had 2 players sent off probably quite rightly so,but losing a match by that scoreline must be so downhearted for the team and manager.

Only been following on the radio but will see the highlights on Match of the Day in about half hour.
Lots of good games coming up in the next couple of days and next weekend. thumbs up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 3, 2021 12:42

What a weird season. Been a Man City fan for 54 years and I was surprised as anyone to see other teams like Liverpool, Utd, Spurs and Chelsea go through a blip.

We have a nightmare February with games against Liverpool away on Sunday, Arsenal, Spurs, CL and FA Cup matches. I think the match against a resurgent Liverpool is massive now. Win and they are back in it but lose and it could be the end of their title challenge.

Utd look back in it but they are more up and down than a tart's knickers at the moment and will need to gain some consistency. Having played most of last night's match against 10 men and then 9 in the last 8 minutes or so wasn't really an accurate measure of whether they regained their momentum.

Spurs look out of it without Kane and I think Tuchel has arrived too late for Chelsea to mount a realistic title challenge although they will be stronger next year.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: February 3, 2021 17:06

Living in Atlanta, USA, I have taken quite an interest to the English Premier League. I made my first visit to London a few years ago, and talking to new mates in the Pubs led me to declare for my team....

Which IS.....

(Drum roll, please.....)

ARSENAL

MLS here in the states is quite a few rungs down the ladder, but Atlanta United won the Championship a year or so ago, and we had sellout crowds before the pandemic hit.

Here's to hoping we all get back to going to games soon.

Date: February 4, 2021 00:18

Five games on tonight and all the teams playing away were the winning team.

What's happened to Liverpool just lately is probably the biggest loss of form.

Good games coming up tomorrow and the weekend. smileys with beer

Date: February 5, 2021 00:46

Only heard the last half of the Spurs v Chelsea game and like you said Mike, without Harry Kane, they just don't seem to be the same.
I thought they still got Son ...........but it seems that dynamic duo together is
obviously a combination that is sadly missing.

Lots of good games over the weekend and Man United and Man City are both on a roll at the moment.

I reckon they will both be at the top two of Premier League after their next tough games,as they are now............ although arguably Man City have the hardest match to get the three points.

Great weekend of sport anyway over the whole weekend and winning by four goals to one at Anfield is a great result. thumbs up

Live Cricket on Channel 4 and horse racing from Ireland and Rugby among the highlights for me. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-08 01:04 by crawdaddy.

Date: February 22, 2021 01:29

Been some great footy matches in Europe this past week and so glad that both Manchester teams are top and second in English Premier League.

Hoping for Liverpool after a great performance in Europe,but it didn't happen.

Also Spurs haven't been great lately.............but Man City are the team really in form. smileys with beer

Date: February 23, 2021 10:56

Mongoose
Living in Atlanta, USA, I have taken quite an interest to the English Premier League. I made my first visit to London a few years ago, and talking to new mates in the Pubs led me to declare for my team....

Which IS.....

(Drum roll, please.....)

ARSENAL

MLS here in the states is quite a few rungs down the ladder, but Atlanta United won the Championship a year or so ago, and we had sellout crowds before the pandemic hit.

Here's to hoping we all get back to going to games soon.

That's great mate!smileys with beer Gunner here too, I haven't been to Atlanta since 1988 but had tickets for our boys there last year. I hope to come back to your beautiful city!

COYG!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-23 10:57 by MadMax.

Date: February 23, 2021 10:58

Silver Dagger
What a weird season. Been a Man City fan for 54 years and I was surprised as anyone to see other teams like Liverpool, Utd, Spurs and Chelsea go through a blip.

We have a nightmare February with games against Liverpool away on Sunday, Arsenal, Spurs, CL and FA Cup matches. I think the match against a resurgent Liverpool is massive now. Win and they are back in it but lose and it could be the end of their title challenge.

Utd look back in it but they are more up and down than a tart's knickers at the moment and will need to gain some consistency. Having played most of last night's match against 10 men and then 9 in the last 8 minutes or so wasn't really an accurate measure of whether they regained their momentum.

Spurs look out of it without Kane and I think Tuchel has arrived too late for Chelsea to mount a realistic title challenge although they will be stronger next year.

Very unlikely. We're crap now. Need some time to rebuild, it seems. City has been impressive.

Date: February 25, 2021 00:23

Man City are the team of the moment in the Premier League,as well as probably best team in Europe at the moment. thumbs up

Well done to them winning 2-0 at Borussia MonchenGladbach.

Spurs had a good win at home winning 4-0 to RZPellets in Europa League,but their form in Premier League lately hasn't been great.

Hoping that Liverpool improve next games on their last results,as their home games have not been great at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home