Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: David Bowie Birthday
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 10, 2021 05:46

“Five years, that’s all we’ve got”

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 10, 2021 12:47

Setlist from Mike Garson's Bowie Celebration , last night

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 10, 2021 15:32

There were some hits and misses from the show. Michael C Hall was a revelation. He was phenomenal with a fantastic emotional and poignant version of where are we now. Cory Glover did a great job too. And I was really into Charlie Sexton. He’s got a gravelly nice baritone and clearly is really into Bowie stuff. He did a phenomenal version of DJ. The misses? Billy Corgan from the smashing pumpkins was absolutely horrible. Embarrassment. He sounded like he been doing helium before singing. And Ian Astebury absolutely pathetically terrible vocalist.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 10, 2021 19:54

RisingStone
“Five years, that’s all we’ve got”

"News guy wept and told us,
Earth was really dying
Cried so much his face was wet,
Then I knew he was not lying"

[youtu.be]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 12, 2021 00:53

Just watched it last night. Overall pretty good. I liked some of the arrangements, others not so much. The musicians who were on the 'Bowie Celebration' tour last year were obviously more on their game. It was nice to see David Sanborn in there, as well as other alumni. I thought Bernard had the best handle out of everyone on vocals. Macy Gray sounded rough, and Ian Hunter was just ok. There was nothing truly atrocious, though I'm not very partial to Adam Lambert. Catherine Russell doing 'Conversation Piece' from 1969 was very cool. I guess very little of the show was truly 'live', so most had a chance at multiple takes.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: January 12, 2021 02:24

There is also a New York Times opinion piece from this past weekend entitled, "What Would David Bowie Do?" in reference to last week's events in the American capitol.

It can found here.

I fully understand if this post needs to be deleted if this is judged as too political. I do not mean to cross any lines.

T@3

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 12, 2021 13:31

mosthigh
Just watched it last night. Overall pretty good. I liked some of the arrangements, others not so much. The musicians who were on the 'Bowie Celebration' tour last year were obviously more on their game. It was nice to see David Sanborn in there, as well as other alumni. I thought Bernard had the best handle out of everyone on vocals. Macy Gray sounded rough, and Ian Hunter was just ok. There was nothing truly atrocious, though I'm not very partial to Adam Lambert. Catherine Russell doing 'Conversation Piece' from 1969 was very cool. I guess very little of the show was truly 'live', so most had a chance at multiple takes.

I thought Trent Reznor & company were amazing.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: January 12, 2021 14:54

Hey Cristiano
Thank you for the heads up with the Nacho 24 hour party. I was following it most of last weekend. I consider my self a fan but lost touch a bit around the time of Tin Machine and Black Tie White Noise but I found myself appreciating this material all these years later. What a great artist he was and such a sad loss to the world.

Date: January 17, 2021 07:58

DEmerson
The Celebrating Bowie streaming show had technical problems last night and has been rescheduled to tonight (Sat. Starting @ 9pm EST), so if anyone is interested, you can still (buy - $28) and tune in.

[rollinglivestudios.com]

For those who couldn't watch it, the concert has been uploaded on Youtube.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: January 17, 2021 10:41

Happy Birthday David...Thank you for the 3 Concert's I saw...Great Night's ...Will spin some Bowie Today...Peace Starman

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 25, 2021 05:39

Cristiano Radtke
DEmerson
The Celebrating Bowie streaming show had technical problems last night and has been rescheduled to tonight (Sat. Starting @ 9pm EST), so if anyone is interested, you can still (buy - $28) and tune in.

[rollinglivestudios.com]

Thanks, just downloaded it - its in HD, many thanks

Date: January 25, 2021 05:51

midimannz
Cristiano Radtke
DEmerson

[rollinglivestudios.com]

My pleasure, midimannz! smileys with beer

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 25, 2021 06:32

Watched a BBC doc on the Ziggy years. Mick Ronson was the energy of that band... Amazing guitar player. Died too soon. There’s some great shows from those tours out there and Ronson just tore it up....

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 25, 2021 06:43

Paddy
Watched a BBC doc on the Ziggy years. Mick Ronson was the energy of that band... Amazing guitar player. Died too soon. There’s some great shows from those tours out there and Ronson just tore it up....

The Ronno documentary that Bowie did narration for was really great. Ronson did some incredible stuff for Lou Reed, Ian Hunter and others after Bowie. He had a lot to do with John Mellencamp's biggest hit Jack and Diane. Man was a true gift. Never really gets enough credit.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 25, 2021 14:31

Thanks for posting

Re: OT: David Bowie stuff
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2021 15:01

There are dozens of David Bowie threads here on IORR, so I made a generic one, and collected the three most recent threads from the past 30 days. Then it will be easier to find the posts and threads, for anyone interested in David Bowie. Also easier for search.

Bjornulf

Date: January 25, 2021 16:42

One of my favourite Bowie-songs:

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 25, 2021 22:08

I'd argue that its maybe his finest vocal. And in Bowie's case, thats a very high bar.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2021 22:23

whitem8
There were some hits and misses from the show. Michael C Hall was a revelation. He was phenomenal with a fantastic emotional and poignant version of where are we now. Cory Glover did a great job too. And I was really into Charlie Sexton. He’s got a gravelly nice baritone and clearly is really into Bowie stuff. He did a phenomenal version of DJ. The misses? Billy Corgan from the smashing pumpkins was absolutely horrible. Embarrassment. He sounded like he been doing helium before singing. And Ian Astebury absolutely pathetically terrible vocalist.

Ian Astbury is awesome. Not sure how you didn't get that one.

Date: January 25, 2021 23:07

Gazza
I'd argue that its maybe his finest vocal. And in Bowie's case, thats a very high bar.

Beautiful score as well.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 26, 2021 00:47

Cristiano Radtke
midimannz
Cristiano Radtke
DEmerson

[rollinglivestudios.com]

Video removed due to copyright.angry smiley

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 26, 2021 08:56

mosthigh
Cristiano Radtke
midimannz
Cristiano Radtke
DEmerson

[rollinglivestudios.com]

Video removed due to copyright.angry smiley

Glad I got to it then ... maybe I’ll make a DVD with chapters

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: January 26, 2021 10:57

I just bought some David Bowie 1 ounce pure silver dollar coins. They are very cool and a great investment!

Date: February 5, 2021 20:58

This may be interesting.

Ken Scott Relives Hunky Dory

The producer of David Bowie’s first masterpiece is the star of My Classic Album – streaming this Sunday.

[www.mojo4music.com]

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 5, 2021 23:52

Can someone point out where you can hear Bowie's voice,0n It'sOnly Rock n Roll, because Ican never make it out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 30, 2021 14:55

Germany: special postage stamp and shipping boxsets on the occasion of David Bowie's 75th birthday - by Deutsche Post / DHL:

Large picture , [Shop.DeutschePost.de]

Large picture , Large picture , [Shop.DeutschePost.de] , [Shop.DeutschePost.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-07 12:55 by Irix.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 3, 2022 23:41

David Bowie estate ‘sells his entire back catalogue in $250m publishing deal’

“These are not only extraordinary songs, but milestones that have changed the course of modern music forever.”

By Anthony France
January 3, 2022

[www.standard.co.uk]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 5, 2022 13:43

Taylor1
Can someone point out where you can hear Bowie's voice,0n It'sOnly Rock n Roll, because Ican never make it out

You should listen to the version on Fully Finished Studio Outtakes.
I remember hearing him on that version.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 5, 2022 14:49

bv
There are dozens of David Bowie threads here on IORR, so I made a generic one, and collected the three most recent threads from the past 30 days. Then it will be easier to find the posts and threads, for anyone interested in David Bowie. Also easier for search.

sometimes when I hear Bowie croon such beautiful songs I get very melancholy...his loss still hurts.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 5, 2022 17:05

Celebrate what would have been @DavidBowieReal's 75th birthday this January with beloved classics, rare tracks, and more on the limited-run David Bowie Channel. Details:
siriusxm.com/davidbowie

[twitter.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home